For The Pleasure Of Prince Uday

Go to CruxDreams.com

Back in our cages, Yasmin and I are silent for some time, gripped with both fear and fury. Eventually I hiss, ‘Fucking liar!’

‘The Doctor?’

‘Of course. He fucking knows he poked that stuff into me. Made me into some sort of evil death-bearing monster to kill Prince Qusay, so Prince Uday’s heir to the Sheikhdom.’

‘That much is certain,’ replies Yasmin, in a thinking tone, ‘but such a hell of a lot isn’t. If we’ve got to die, I just wish we could die knowing the truth, not this farrago of nonsense.’

She pauses, I know exactly what she means.

‘For a start,’ she continues, ‘if the idea was to kill Qusay, why use a weapon – you – that could just as likely have killed Uday? I mean, if he’d won you in the whip-strip and fucked you...’

‘There was something dodgy with those knickers –‘ I chip in.

‘Not surprised. I heard muttering even in the cellar about it being rigged. Nothing in this place is ever straight. All the same, it was a high-risk strategy, why play Russian Roulette?’

‘And why were there no Guards on Qusay’s bedroom? Why did Special Forces turn up? And then the Begum – with the Prince half-asleep and half-drunk?’

‘I can’t figure. And then this whole Palace has turned into a military fortress, troops and guns and rockets and stuff everywhere.’

‘Yeah... what’s Prince Uday scared of? He can’t have any rival now?’

‘ If Qusay’s dead, Uday must be the heir, poised to take over when Masrur pops it. Period. At least,,, ‘

We pause, sharing bewilderment, then Yasmin adds,

‘Another thing, why are we being tried by a religious court – well, by a cleric, it’s not a proper court?’

‘Is that strange?’

‘Treason’s a matter for the Military Courts. Always has been – remember those big show trials a couple of years back?’

‘God yes, we had to watch them on screens in the Academy.’

‘When a Military Court finds you’re a traitor, you’re just taken out and shot. The Supreme Council of Clerics prefer to maintain Islamic customs...’

We said they were pawns.... but you know what happens if a pawn manages to get to the other side of the board....;)

Maybe there's hope yet

:popcorn:

‘When a Military Court finds you’re a traitor, you’re just taken out and shot. The Supreme Council of Clerics prefer to maintain Islamic customs...’
Stoning? Crucifixion? Beheading? There are so many apparently Islamic customs. :eek::doh:

We said they were pawns.... but you know what happens if a pawn manages to get to the other side of the board....;)

Maybe there's hope yet
I was more thinking that Uday (or the Begum) knows this chess metaphor as well, and the whole charade here is to make sure that the pawns are removed from the board. Still, that's only speculation. We await Eul's "dark twists".
:popcorn:

The Court resumes, Yasmin and I kneeling before the dais just as before. The Judge invites Prince Uday to sum up the case.

‘Your Reverence, there can be no doubt regarding the guilt of both the accused. They were the direct and intentional causes of the assassination my brother, the Heir to the Sheikhdom of Inglistan – on him be peace! Under more normal circumstances, it would be desirable to suspend sentence or execution until further inquiries are complete and the entire network of conspiracy laid bare. But I need hardly point out –‘

As if on cue, some heavy military aircraft thunders over, shaking the building, we two accused are shaking already...

‘the situation is far from normal. It is imperative that the Court acts firmly and decisively. We have received, and I know you, Your Reverence, and the Supreme Council of Clerics have received too, weighty petitions demanding the exemplary punishment of the assassins. Even now, in the streets outside this Palace, there are crowds demanding their public execution...’

He pauses, in my terrified imagination, I think I hear screams for vengeance, demands for my tainted kāfirah blood...

‘There are dark forces at work, instruments of Shaitan plotting the downfall of the dynasty of Masrur, plotting indeed to undermine the Islamic State of Inglistan. It is the Will of Allah that those forces be opposed with utmost vigour. A clear message must be sent forth today, a warning to our enemies, that those who challenge our legitimacy as the true Guardians of the Law can expect no mercy.’

Again, a rhetorical pause, don’t know what he’s had in sharāb this morning, but he’s on better form than I’ve seen him since the whip-stripping contest.

‘Your Reverence, I ask that the Sentence of Death be exemplary, untouched by needless compassion, and that it be carried out in public tonight!’

He resumes his seat.

The Court resumes, Yasmin and I kneeling before the dais just as before. The Judge invites Prince Uday to sum up the case.

‘Your Reverence, there can be no doubt regarding the guilt of both the accused. They were the direct and intentional causes of the assassination my brother, the Heir to the Sheikhdom of Inglistan – on him be peace! Under more normal circumstances, it would be desirable to suspend sentence or execution until further inquiries are complete and the entire network of conspiracy laid bare. But I need hardly point out –‘

As if on cue, some heavy military aircraft thunders over, shaking the building, we two accused are shaking already...

‘the situation is far from normal. It is imperative that the Court acts firmly and decisively. We have received, and I know you, Your Reverence, and the Supreme Council of Clerics have received too, weighty petitions demanding the exemplary punishment of the assassins. Even now, in the streets outside this Palace, there are crowds demanding their public execution...’

He pauses, in my terrified imagination, I think I hear screams for vengeance, demands for my tainted kāfirah blood...

‘There are dark forces at work, instruments of Shaitan plotting the downfall of the dynasty of Masrur, plotting indeed to undermine the Islamic State of Inglistan. It is the Will of Allah that those forces be opposed with utmost vigour. A clear message must be sent forth today, a warning to our enemies, that those who challenge our legitimacy as the true Guardians of the Law can expect no mercy.’

Again, a rhetorical pause, don’t know what he’s had in sharāb this morning, but he’s on better form than I’ve seen him since the whip-stripping contest.

‘Your Reverence, I ask that the Sentence of Death be exemplary, untouched by needless compassion, and that it be carried out in public tonight!’

He resumes his seat.
Prince Uday's request seems reasonable enough...

I wonder who the forces of Shaitan might be. In any case, things don't look good for our two protagonists. More twists to come? The girls do seem to be in need of some luck.

girl-confused.jpg In one hand, it can be worthwhile and even rational that a Dynasty would be able to protect its life ...:clapping:
Woman-Picture-4_300 (3).jpg In an other hand, I think that I'll cry if these two unfortunate slaves are executed in front of the people ...:(

Oh, if it is a crucifixion, it could be interesting to see ...:D

Wars, revolutions and rebellions are the hinges of history.
They keep historians employed.
But women, in my opinion, have nothing to do with wars, excepted perhaps to be "le repos du guerrier" (the rest of the warrior) or, alas, for the worth, to be the victims of the reprisals that they are generating !:(

Woman-Picture-4_300 (3).jpg ... just some thougts without importance ... Continue the thread'topic ...

Wars, revolutions and rebellions are the hinges of history.
They keep historians employed.
But women, in my opinion, have nothing to do with wars, excepted perhaps to be "le repos du guerrier" (the rest of the warrior) or, alas, for the worth, to be the victims of the reprisals that they are generating !:(

View attachment 519996 ... just some thougts without importance ... Continue the thread'topic ...

'Antoninus diffused order and tranquillity over the greatest part of the earth.
His reign is marked by the rare advantage of furnishing very few materials for history;
which is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind.'
Edward Gibbon, History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, I.III.ii.

Sadly, our heroines are fated to live in interesting times...

Back
Top Bottom