Hornet1ba - My 3d Renderings

Go to CruxDreams.com
The skin tones are leagues better in the iray renders.

Of course, the pose you chose is brutal and sexy, so it's a little harder to pay attention to those finer technical details.
If you don't pay attention to them that means they are good.
Bad details always stand out.

Indeed, 3d delight is more dramatic. The difference is quite significant. The colours are richer and the ground is much more realistic. I also think the texture of the cross is better in 3d delight and the shadow of the cross adds to the dramatic effect. On the other hand the skin hue looks better in Iray.
I often have the same impression in Poser when I compare Firefly with Reality/LuxRender.

Also I notice that the distribution of the grass on the surface is different. Perhaps a procedural shader that is handled differently by both renderers?

Its the displacement maps that are better used by 3d delight than Iray (you have to use "normal" maps with Iray) i'm just starting to learn this stuff,i'm far from being an expert.

The first cube is rendering in 3d Delight,the second with Iray:

Attachments

• 3d delight cube.jpg
    3d delight cube.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 355
  • Iray cube.jpg
    Iray cube.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 433
Its the displacement maps that are better used by 3d delight than Iray (you have to use "normal" maps with Iray) i'm just starting to learn this stuff,i'm far from being an expert.

The first cube is rendering in 3d Delight,the second with Iray:
I'm not an expert neither. I guess we are doomed to be learning forever.
I've never used normal maps. They are relatively new and most of the stuff don't have them.

Indeed, 3d delight is more dramatic. The difference is quite significant. The colours are richer and the ground is much more realistic. I also think the texture of the cross is better in 3d delight and the shadow of the cross adds to the dramatic effect. On the other hand the skin hue looks better in Iray.
I often have the same impression in Poser when I compare Firefly with Reality/LuxRender.

Also I notice that the distribution of the grass on the surface is different. Perhaps a procedural shader that is handled differently by both renderers?

You and others gave me an idea:why not combined layers with Photoshop to get the best of both renderers;)

Attachments

• genesis3 sasha layered1a.jpg
    genesis3 sasha layered1a.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 848
  • genesis3 sasha layer1a.png
    genesis3 sasha layer1a.png
    4 MB · Views: 721
  • genesis3 sasha layer3a.png
    genesis3 sasha layer3a.png
    384 KB · Views: 653
Would it be possible to upload this one again, please?
ge.tt seems to be down at the moment for any upload,you can wait a couple of days for ge.tt to be available again, in the meanwhile i will check in my archives to locate this video,thanks for your interest in my work:)

ge.tt seems to be down at the moment for any upload,you can wait a couple of days for ge.tt to be available again, in the meanwhile i will check in my archives to locate this video,thanks for your interest in my work:)
no problems in my country just downloaded the movie 12:00

As I wrote earlier, I had been away for a couple of months and am amazed at how far you have advanced your art! For a non-artist like me, how long does it take for you to do a rendering? Do you have to do an animation frame by frame? How long does that take to do an animation? Thank you for putting this up on the site. It is appreciated!

As I wrote earlier, I had been away for a couple of months and am amazed at how far you have advanced your art! For a non-artist like me, how long does it take for you to do a rendering? Do you have to do an animation frame by frame? How long does that take to do an animation? Thank you for putting this up on the site. It is appreciated!

To create a new scene it depends if i reuse an old scene ( i tend to do that lately) and the complexity of the scene,but i spend usually a whole evening to place everything in place,for the rendering itself it can vary from about 1 minutes(with no shadows) to more that an hour if i use Iray.

You have to render an animation frame by frame,most will not notice but i don't use any shadows in most of my animation and some of my early one did use the basic "OpenGl" renderer in DazStudio that can render an image in less than 6 seconds.

So for a 15 seconds animation at 20 frame per second (300 frames) the computer will spend about 30min.

I don't know if people are aware that i did not create the 3d figures in my scene except maybe the cross and nail in my case
( i also did use some of Ascanio 3d models early on) i also edit the skin of the victims for blood and bruise effects,ounce you are confortable using DazStudio or Poser ,i some time think that our hobby is like virtually crucify a Barbie doll ;)

Attachments

• holy-barbie.jpg
    holy-barbie.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 448
  • 062503-vi.jpg
    062503-vi.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 444
To create a new scene it depends if i reuse an old scene ( i tend to do that lately) and the complexity of the scene,but i spend usually a whole evening to place everything in place,for the rendering itself it can vary from about 1 minutes(with no shadows) to more that an hour if i use Iray.

You have to render an animation frame by frame,most will not notice but i don't use any shadows in most of my animation and some of my early one did use the basic "OpenGl" renderer in DazStudio that can render an image in less than 6 seconds.

So for a 15 seconds animation at 20 frame per second (300 frames) the computer will spend about 30min.

I don't know if people are aware that i did not create the 3d figures in my scene except maybe the cross and nail in my case
( i also did use some of Ascanio 3d models early on) i also edit the skin of the victims for blood and bruise effects,ounce you are confortable using DazStudio or Poser ,i some time think that our hobby is like virtually crucify a Barbie doll ;)
Well, whatever you're doing, I think you've become one of the very best at it. Please keep them coming!!! And, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom