I Will Be Dropping Off For A While .................

Go to CruxDreams.com
You may or may not have noticed I have been missing for a few days. Sometime Friday, the crew building the house next door, cut through our phone and internet line while digging a trench to put in a new water line. Naturally, it took Frontier Communications until Monday afternoon to fix it. I spent yesterday evening going through 700+ emails and catching up on other things. And, the line is still lying on the ground across the construction site because the crew that has to bury it won't be able to get to it for about a week; so it may get cut again by the idiot construction crew. Ain't technology grand?
A nurse will be coming to change the dressings!
Yours or hers?:D

You may or may not have noticed I have been missing for a few days. Sometime Friday, the crew building the house next door, cut through our phone and internet line while digging a trench to put in a new water line. Naturally, it took Frontier Communications until Monday afternoon to fix it. I spent yesterday evening going through 700+ emails and catching up on other things. And, the line is still lying on the ground across the construction site because the crew that has to bury it won't be able to get to it for about a week; so it may get cut again by the idiot construction crew. Ain't technology grand?

Utilities can be a pain in the ass. Summer 2021 the local natural gas supply co received a grant to replace all old main gas lines to each customers home meter. Normally they just drill a hole at each end and thread the new line through the old pipe. Well, my old line was an odd size and too small for the new line. Plan B was to dig a 40 ft trench through one side of my driveway and along the side of my house to the meter, and lay the new line. No problem, and they promised to come back and re-rock my (now loose dirt) driveway in a few days when the trench fill settled. They never came back. Late I even found the same crew working in another part of town and reminded them about their promise. They said they would be there the next day. Still hadn't showed a month later. Got the company's number off their truck, and called their office. They apologized and said they would take of it. It was done before noon the next day. Only took them 4 months to finish the job. :buenrollo:

Hold judgement until I see her, - or him!
Hope she's a lovely lady! :)
See reply above!!

Had the opperation and the leg is well wrapped up!
Can only hobble around for now!
A nurse will be coming to change the dressings!

My first thought when I saw this was "but it's not a limerick", then I realised it's Gibbs not Twonines!

Had the op and the leg is well wrapped
But it leaves my energy sapped
A nurse will be coming
She'll get my juice running
And finish up sat in my lap

(ok not up to two's standards, but hey)

My first thought when I saw this was "but it's not a limerick", then I realised it's Gibbs not Twonines!

Had the op and the leg is well wrapped
But it leaves my energy sapped
A nurse will be coming
She'll get my juice running
And finish up sat in my lap

(ok not up to two's standards, but hey)
Thanks, I love it!!!
Last line, its a fantsay!

I'm trying to excape from hot weather for a few days in the mountains without internet etc.
See you when I'll be back
And it rained all day here today! Have fun in the mountains.

Back
Top Bottom