Jedakk's Masterpiece

Go to CruxDreams.com
And I love the fact that you know exactly what kind of knot is used, and show every twist and loop of the rope as well.

Well, for what it's worth, I've used that knot hundreds of times myself. It was one of the earliest knots my father taught me when I was growing up, and I've taught it to probably a hundred or more boy scouts along with all of the other knots and splices they need to learn.

So when I was thinking about what Ajax would do in this situation, of course it was what I would do myself. And that knot is what I'd tie so I could quickly whip it around the other rope - the "standing" end - and pull it tight just like I have done many times tying things to timbers or moving logs around.

Funny how the both of you failed to tell the others that the knot is a Timber Hitch ... just saying. :p

Funny how the both of you failed to tell the others that the knot is a Timber Hitch ... just saying. :p

Didn't think I had to repeat that, since I'd made such a big deal about it in the earlier message that we were both referring to:

This knot that Ajax uses is called a Timber Hitch in the US, and another name is a Bowyer's Knot. It was the knot used to tie the lower end of a bowstring on an English longbow; very simple and effective, it apparently worked well for crucifying naked girls back in Roman times.
Montycrusto had obviously read that and knew what it was.

Didn't think I had to repeat that, since I'd made such a big deal about it in the earlier message that we were both referring to:

This knot that Ajax uses is called a Timber Hitch in the US, and another name is a Bowyer's Knot. It was the knot used to tie the lower end of a bowstring on an English longbow; very simple and effective, it apparently worked well for crucifying naked girls back in Roman times.
Montycrusto had obviously read that and knew what it was.

Oops! I missed that little tidbit ... sorry! But you know how one alert you get and then others are lost.

Plus ... I was showing off, just a little bit.
;)

Having caught her ankle with the rope, Ajax proceeds to loop the rope around Lucilla's ankle and the cross, securing her foot in place. Hercules changes his grip, sliding his right hand up the inside of her thigh against her crotch, gripping her lower leg at the knee and prying her leg outward to get her foot positioned better for tying.

Sabina describes what she saw:
With her ankle trapped and held in place by the rope, Hercules shifted his right hand all the way up along the inside of her thigh, took hold of her calf behind the knee with the other hand, and pulled her leg around so that her foot was at a better angle for tying. A shiver ran through me as I watched and imagined what it would feel like to hang there naked with that hand between my legs only an inch away from my porcella! Thinking about it was making me wet.​

Even as Ajax was roping her foot to the cross, I could see that Lucilla was still straining against Hercules’s iron grip, desperately trying to get her foot free. What could be going through her mind? Why would she fight so hard when it was a fight that she would surely lose?​

With Lucilla finally letting her body sag in defeat, they spread her legs and bound her feet in the most humiliating position imaginable.
Note that the thief to Lucilla's left has developed an erection, much to his own consternation and the amusement of the woman standing next to his cross. I have no idea why that would happen; a penis has a mind of its own, as those of us possessed of one well know.

Also, I added some onlookers in this scene. Among them is the woman in the short red peplos. This is Verina, the prostitute with whom Sabina was talking while they were watching the crucifixions. A notable fact about her is that her mother was among the slaves crucified following the murder of Pedanius Secundus. She mentions that to Sabina when telling her why there are so many crosses there on the Sessorium.

Verina has come to see Publius, the fugitive slave on Lucilla's right crucified. Despite the fact that she's a prostitute, Publius raped her and hurt her before trying to run away. She's happy to see him getting his punishment. I had considered letting her do things to Publius while he was hanging on his cross, but you really have to set some limits as to how much you can include and how far you can stray from the main story with all of these side stories.

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 13x4a-18_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-18_0001.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 1,472
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-56_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-56_0001.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-59_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-59_0001.jpg
    922.1 KB · Views: 974
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-62_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-62_0001.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 922
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-63_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-63_0001.jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 1,056
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-70_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-70_0001.jpg
    909.4 KB · Views: 1,573
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-71_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-71_0001.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 1,108
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-74_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-74_0001.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 1,583
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-77_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-77_0001.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-82_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-82_0001.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 1,238
Here's a closer view of Verina as she taunts Publius on his cross:

She would happily work on Publius's balls with a cane if the executioners would allow it.

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 13x4-65d_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4-65d_0001.jpg
    864.8 KB · Views: 1,204

She would happily work on Publius's balls with a cane if the executioners would allow it.
I would prefer to see her forced to suck his cock and then being whipped and crucified with nails. But that's maybe another story...

He hangs there, defenceless, at her mercy. So exposed.

The male victim on her other side is attracting some interest too

Lucilla Scene 13x4a-70_0001.jpg Lucilla Scene 13x4a-18_0001.jpg

A man can't hide his response, his arousal is very obvious to everyone, and a delight to some!

Last edited:
I had considered letting her do things to Publius while he was hanging on his cross, but you really have to set some limits as to how much you can include and how far you can stray from the main story with all of these side stories. -Jedakk
Tree never goes off on tangents in this stories:doh::doh::doh:
The male victim on her other side is attracting some interest too -Phlebas
They are not victims!!!

Oops! I missed that little tidbit ... sorry! But you know how one alert you get and then others are lost.

Plus ... I was showing off, just a little bit.
;)
I suppose you got a girl scouts' badge
for recognising the knots the boy scouts were tying you up with? :p

A shiver ran through me as I watched and imagined what it would feel like to hang there naked with that hand between my legs only an inch away from my porcella!
Me too! You're so right, Jedakk,
when a man's holding me in that way,
and I'm bound so I can't resist,
I feel an instinctive shiver of surrender,
absolutely in his power...

You've got lots right J, I've not come across such a believable account of a woman's experience
of being crucified, by male or female writer - your 'muses' must have given you lots of insight,
which you've turned into a narrative which rings very true to this girl!

You've got lots right J, I've not come across such a believable account of a woman's experience
of being crucified, by male or female writer - your 'muses' must have given you lots of insight,
which you've turned into a narrative which rings very true to this girl!

They really didn't hold anything back. Whatever I asked, they answered. And they'd agree that I ask a lot of very detailed, sometimes very personal or intimate questions in order to feel like I can turn around and capture it in writing like this. There are some things in the story I'm working on right now that I'd never have thought of without that resource.

Ajax and Hercules finish tying Lucilla's right foot to the cross, and with that, she is crucified. Naked and utterly humiliated, she hangs on her cross, working harder and harder for breath as the minutes drag slowly by. The rough end of the sedile prodding her bare buttocks is a reminder of her nakedness and its presence as her only hope for a way to relieve the strain on her arms and legs.

Sabina describes what she saw:

In a few moments they were done; she was crucified. Hercules nailed the titulus with her name and sentence on it to the post below her, since there was no good place to hang it above her head.​

Groans and occasional screams of agony came from the throats of the men crucified on either side of Lucilla. Having exhausted himself with his frenzied struggles, Publius fainted from the pain when the cornu rammed into his podex.

Albanus, no longer pleading his innocence, was begging anyone who would listen for the mercy of a dagger to end his suffering. Someone in the crowd shouted to him that he didn’t bring his blade with him, but he’d be back in three or four days and he’d be sure to bring it if Albanus still wanted it then.​

For what seemed like a long time, Lucilla simply hung there, resting her head on one shoulder or the other as the pain of hanging by her wrists slowly got worse. Even though she had not been nailed to her cross as were the two men, the cramping in her arms, shoulders and chest must have been fierce. I could only guess that having spent so many agonizing days on the cross already – certainly more than any living person, she had learned the futility of struggling against the torture and exhausting herself.​

The crowd characters in the previous scene were actual 3D figures that would look ok from any angle; the ones in this scene don't. These are essentially 2D figures like cardboard cut-outs, something I created to save storage and enable these scenes to render in a reasonable time on the PC I had up until the end of 2012. The one I have now, which I built in early 2013, can easily handle very large scenes, so later renders usually have decent-looking crowd figures in them.

Also note Lucilla's titulus. which is readable in this picture:

The Latin says "Lucilla condemned to be crucified twelve times," and below that is a series of marks which actually indicate how many times she has been crucified. These markings are what is known as "tally marks." In the US and maybe in a lot of western countries, we use "stick counting" where we make four vertical marks and then a diagonal across those to indicate a set of five items.

But in Roman times, it was done a bit differently. Romans, and many other ancient cultures, used tally sticks to keep count of numbers of livestock, slaves, sacks of grain, amphorae of wine, etc. They made cuts across the stick to mark each item they were counting, and made an upside-down "V" for every fifth one, an "X" for every tenth one. Some theorize that this was the basis for Roman numerals.

I figured that her executioners would use this system on Lucilla's titulus rather than trying to show the number of times she'd been crucified in Roman numerals. So her titulus shows that she's already been crucified five times; this is her sixth time. Yes, I know I'm anal but I tend to think of details like this.

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 14-2_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 14-2_0001.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 1,290
  • Lucilla Scene 14-3_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 14-3_0001.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 1,281
  • Lucilla Scene 14-4_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 14-4_0001.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 1,123
  • Lucilla Scene 14-5_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 14-5_0001.jpg