Public Executions In The Arena

Go to CruxDreams.com
ASKLIADA OF MARCIANOPOLIS EATEN BY BEASTS

The Holy Martyrs Maximos, Askliada and Theodotos suffered at the beginning of the IV Century under the emperor Maximian Galerius (305-311). Eminent citizens of the city of Marcianopolis, Maximos and Askliada led a pious Christian life. During the time of the persecution the governor of Thrace, Tiris, went the rounds of the city subject to him and persecuted those believing in Christ. He summoned before him Maximos and Askliada and demanded they recant from the Christian faith. But seeing the firm faith of the martyrs, he commanded that they be cruelly beaten. Then a certain pious man, by the name of Theodotos, began to reproach the governor for his inhumanity and cruelty. They seized him also, and hanging him on a tree, they subjected him to torture with iron hooks. After this they threw the three martyrs into prison. Tiris subjected them to still greater tortures, commanding that their bodies be scorched with white-hot plates. Amidst the agony of suffering was a comforting Voice from Heaven, strengthening them in endurance. After several days of torture they threw the martyrs to wild beasts in the circus for devouring.Gabriel Roman arena 552-1-.jpgAskliada 35456546767.jpgAskliada 345636.jpg

There is a relatively well-documented case of a Saint being flayed alive: Gaïane of Armenia. It is reported by Agathangelos in his History of the Reign of Tiridates.
Google translation:
"Then he ordered that the tongue be torn out from the virtuous Gaïane, before killing her, because she had dared to destroy by perfidious counsels the one who among mortals had the beauty of a goddess (and this beauty, the goddesses had given her), and that they put her to death in atrocious torments, the chief of the executioners then presented himself, and he boasted of putting her to death cruelly. He led them out laden with chains, through the southern gate of the city, towards the road leading to the bridge of Medzamor, in the place where it was customary to execute all the condemned; it was a marshy place, near said ditch which surrounded the city.
They drove four stakes into the ground for each of them, and while they were preparing them, Saint Gaianè and her companions spoke thus: “We thank you, Lord ………. »
After that the executioners came and tore off their clothes. They fastened them each firmly to the four stakes; they made incisions in the skin of their legs, placed tubes of reeds in them, and, blowing, they flayed them, while they were still breathing, from the feet to the breasts. They pierced their necks and tore out their tongues through this opening. They put stones into their bodies, and brought out their entrails. And since they were still alive, they finally cut off their heads with the sword. Those who had accompanied them from the land of the Romans to the land of Armenia were seventy in number. But those who were massacred with the holy women Gaïane and Hripsime, and those who shared the martyrdom with them, were only thirty-seven. So on the twenty-sixth day of the month of Hori, Saint Hripsime was martyred with the holy cohort of thirty-three martyrs her companions; and on the twenty-seventh day of the same month, Saint Gaianè with two of her companions, who fought with them, received the crown of victory."

Saint Cyprilla and Saint Gudelia of Persia are also believed to have been flayed, according to legends.
Flaying: also a punishment for adulterous women in ancient Persia !

Attachments

• flaying.jpg
    flaying.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 788
ASKLIADA OF MARCIANOPOLIS EATEN BY BEASTS

The Holy Martyrs Maximos, Askliada and Theodotos suffered at the beginning of the IV Century under the emperor Maximian Galerius (305-311). Eminent citizens of the city of Marcianopolis, Maximos and Askliada led a pious Christian life. During the time of the persecution the governor of Thrace, Tiris, went the rounds of the city subject to him and persecuted those believing in Christ. He summoned before him Maximos and Askliada and demanded they recant from the Christian faith. But seeing the firm faith of the martyrs, he commanded that they be cruelly beaten. Then a certain pious man, by the name of Theodotos, began to reproach the governor for his inhumanity and cruelty. They seized him also, and hanging him on a tree, they subjected him to torture with iron hooks. After this they threw the three martyrs into prison. Tiris subjected them to still greater tortures, commanding that their bodies be scorched with white-hot plates. Amidst the agony of suffering was a comforting Voice from Heaven, strengthening them in endurance. After several days of torture they threw the martyrs to wild beasts in the circus for devouring.View attachment 1130928View attachment 1130929View attachment 1130930
#3 is one of the sexiest images I have ever seen!

There is a relatively well-documented case of a Saint being flayed alive: Gaïane of Armenia. It is reported by Agathangelos in his History of the Reign of Tiridates.
Google translation:
"Then he ordered that the tongue be torn out from the virtuous Gaïane, before killing her, because she had dared to destroy by perfidious counsels the one who among mortals had the beauty of a goddess (and this beauty, the goddesses had given her), and that they put her to death in atrocious torments, the chief of the executioners then presented himself, and he boasted of putting her to death cruelly. He led them out laden with chains, through the southern gate of the city, towards the road leading to the bridge of Medzamor, in the place where it was customary to execute all the condemned; it was a marshy place, near said ditch which surrounded the city.
They drove four stakes into the ground for each of them, and while they were preparing them, Saint Gaianè and her companions spoke thus: “We thank you, Lord ………. »
After that the executioners came and tore off their clothes. They fastened them each firmly to the four stakes; they made incisions in the skin of their legs, placed tubes of reeds in them, and, blowing, they flayed them, while they were still breathing, from the feet to the breasts. They pierced their necks and tore out their tongues through this opening. They put stones into their bodies, and brought out their entrails. And since they were still alive, they finally cut off their heads with the sword. Those who had accompanied them from the land of the Romans to the land of Armenia were seventy in number. But those who were massacred with the holy women Gaïane and Hripsime, and those who shared the martyrdom with them, were only thirty-seven. So on the twenty-sixth day of the month of Hori, Saint Hripsime was martyred with the holy cohort of thirty-three martyrs her companions; and on the twenty-seventh day of the same month, Saint Gaianè with two of her companions, who fought with them, received the crown of victory."

Saint Cyprilla and Saint Gudelia of Persia are also believed to have been flayed, according to legends.
Illustrations of the flaying of saint Gudelia

Attachments

• gudelia-1B.jpg
    gudelia-1B.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 664
  • Gudelia1D.jpg
    Gudelia1D.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 788
I've tried a couple of times to make a render of a flayed woman but without much success. This is the best I've managed to achieve, and this has a lot of problems, mainly that the texture used was intended for an anatomical image rather than an erotic torture one, and thus represents the musculature and fatty tissue accurately (yes we all know that breasts are just bags of fat but without the skin, it would be a lot sexier if the texture matched the rest of the image like they did with skinless Julia in Hellraiser 2) Maybe if I ever do another one like this I may just re-apply the proper breast texture on top, implying that the skin was left on her breasts for erotic visual effect. Sadly there's no genital detail ether, since this is made with the old Victoria 4 model, which isn't compatible with the awesome Golden Palace genital addon (Genesis 3 and 8 only I'm afraid, but I don't have the correct anatomical texture map for those, and you can't really mix and match this stuff between different base models - at least not with the skin textures) , but isn't actually bloody, so it ends up looking like a body painting (which is effectlvely what all 3D renders are, with a flat image being wrapped around a figure model)

I quite like the setting, the pose and the facial expression, but otherwise this is just crap :(
At least it won't violate the forum rules against showing too much blood, since there's not a drop in sight here :)
flayed in dungeon.jpg

I really should have added a pool of blood on the floor though but whatever. I made this one a couple of years ago and unless I can find an anatomical texture map for either G3F or G8F then I probably won't be revisiting this anytime soon (and yes I know that I could take the old V4 texture map and convert it to work with the later Genesis models but that's a hell of a lot of work and way above my skill level)

Wild beasts and naked women are an exciting combination, I´m sure romans specially appreciated when innocent girls were tied to be devoured to their entertainment ...
I did some pics on this theme, and still have to finish a series with Eulalia and a hungry lion...

robylion1b.jpgrobylion2b.jpgrobylion4B.jpg

Back
Top Bottom