Punishment Of A Slave

What do you think happened?

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com

theseus

SERVILIS CURATOR
They started shaking the cross, adding to her agony. Then she became aware of the angle changing. All she could see was sky. The weight on her wrists and feet lessened. They were lowering the cross!

Her owner knelt beside her, a cup in his hands. “Drink this, it will help the pain.”

She drank thirstily. Reality faded. The sky went dark.

Oh, voted for the first one, no contest. I don't really care to think about a story character as a cripple ... nothing exciting or amusing in that ... much better to have her die.
Yes I agree. Now if she was tied to the cross ... that would be much different... She would wake up and I'm sure she would be much more amenable to anal sex.

Oh, voted for the first one, no contest. I don't really care to think about a story character as a cripple ... nothing exciting or amusing in that ... much better to have her die.
Yes I agree. Now if she was tied to the cross ... that would be much different... She would wake up and I'm sure she would be much more amenable to anal sex.

Yes. I think the master had her punished in the appropriate manner for what she did. He did not let her hang until dead but showed her mercy.

Removing her from the cross and letting her live would have been worse than just letting her die on the cross. Her wounds, if they ever healed, would have left her crippled and in great pain for the rest of her life.

He could have just had her stabbed in the heart as she hanged. No need to take the cross down. But I quibble.

He could have just had her stabbed in the heart as she hanged. No need to take the cross down. But I quibble.

I've always been fascinated by that, the spear thrust while hanging helpless on the cross. The final blow, final indignity, or welcome release? The bound body vulnerable and waiting for that last violent penetration that brings lasting peace.

Here's one manip I did on this theme years ago, I've just now reworked the original version (ph149) to reverse the pic so the spear is thrusting towards the heart. I find it to be a very powerful moment.

ph149a.jpg

Last edited:
Having their collegue back amongst them, virtually helpless, so the other slaves have to do everything for her, feed her, clean her, gives an even more powerful message to the other slaves than watching her die, espcially as there will be a turnover of personel, the new slaves will get the same message "obey or this happens".

Because isn't this the point of a method like crucifixion? To impose order on the remainder? Letting her die by poison shows a soft side from the master which shows weakness.

Having their collegue back amongst them, virtually helpless, so the other slaves have to do everything for her, feed her, clean her, gives an even more powerful message to the other slaves than watching her die, espcially as there will be a turnover of personel, the new slaves will get the same message "obey or this happens".

Because isn't this the point of a method like crucifixion? To impose order on the remainder? Letting her die by poison shows a soft side from the master which shows weakness.
Mea culpa! I admit to a soft spot for some of my slaves.

As an element of horror narrative that has something going for it.
Oh, and surely she'll need some ointment applied daily to her crippled limbs to make the pain bearable.
She'll get that each evening only, if she finds one person during each day , to whom she can recount the tale of her punishment...

I've always been fascinated by that, the spear thrust while hanging helpless on the cross. The final blow, final indignity, or welcome release? The bound body vulnerable and waiting for that last violent penetration that brings lasting peace.

Here's one manip I did on this theme years ago, I've just now reworked the original version (ph149) to reverse the pic so the spear is thrusting towards the heart. I find it to be a very powerful moment.

View attachment 432354

A very dramatic moment indeed. But I wonder how often it would have been used. If you are going to go through all the trouble of crucifying someone, why give him/her a quick release. Perhaps if she was a very sympathetic victim or was widely regarded as innocent, or at least deserving of mercy. Maybe after a day or two -- just to speed things along. :eek:

Maybe after a day or two -- just to speed things along.

Economics as well.

After a couple of days, she's not going to be very exciting to watch, so fewer crowds, fewer vendors to get a cut from, still the need to employ a guard or two.

Capitalism was alive and well (except for the comdemned, of course).

Back
Top Bottom