Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes, I had forgotten the devastation left in Germany after 3 years of constant bombing. Many historical structures were lost forever I imagine. The sad cost of wars.
The heaviest bomb attack on Jena took place on March 19, 1945. On April 13, Jena was liberated by the 80th US Infantry Division with the support of the 4th US Armored Division. Tanks of the 4th US Armored Division (Patton's Vanguards) reached my homeland on April 14 and the war was over here.

How about some nice bikes?

That first picture is really significant! The first motorized vehicle in history:

The Daimler Reitwagen was introduced in 1885 as the first motorized vehicle in history. Only used as a protoype for Daimler to test his new combustion engine, the Reitwagen never went into production and remains the only motorcycle ever built by Daimler. Considering its design, you could even argue it is also the first motorized vehicle with heated seat(s)...

How about some nice bikes?

That first picture is really significant! The first motorized vehicle in history:

The Daimler Reitwagen was introduced in 1885 as the first motorized vehicle in history. Only used as a protoype for Daimler to test his new combustion engine, the Reitwagen never went into production and remains the only motorcycle ever built by Daimler. Considering its design, you could even argue it is also the first motorized vehicle with heated seat(s)...

Yes, since there were no electric spark plugs at that time, ignition took place by making a small glow tube glow with an open flame. This unintentionally heated the seat, fine when it was cold outside, but in the summer?

So it's not a new invention at all and when I look at the range of today's electric vehicles, the range has increased, but that was 100 years ago. Incidentally, photo #3 was developed by Ferdinand Porsche.
You are right, Heineudo.
1679113122561.png
It is an 1897 Egger-Lohner C.2 Phaeton, the first car ever designed by the 23 years old Ferdinand Porsche.
The voiturette was front-wheel driven, each front wheel with an electric motor, initially with a 2.0-kilowatt output that, by 1900, had increased to 3.0 kilowatts.
The car had a wooden chassis and body, powered by a 44 cells 80 volts lead battery, which lasted about 3 hours. It had a top speed of about 25 km/h and weighed about 1000 kilograms.
In 1899, Ferdinand joined Lohner-Werke, an Austrian carriage manufacturer that was the official supplier to the Austrian Imperial Court and the royal houses of Sweden, Romania and Norway.
In 1900 they produced the first Lohner-Porsche Electromobile.
At the 1901 Paris Auto Show, Porsche presented the Semper Vivus, a new car to which Porsche had added a combustion engine providing power for an electric generator, the first hybrid car ever:
Porsche Semper Vivus first hybrid car.jpg
A few decades later, Porsche was building tanks for the German Army.
The last one was the Panzer "Elephant".
Heavy tank destroyer 'Ferdinand 02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom