Spare Not The Rod

Go to CruxDreams.com
Good morning,

Here are the first four chapters of a new story, with three more to follow this week. I hope you enjoy it!

Will Strickland was Lucy Hughes’ first love, and she couldn’t believe how he had made her come alive during the last four months.

While outgoing, Lucy had always been much more focused on academics and sports than many of her boy-crazy friends. She was cute and well liked, with a slight build and brownish-blond hair often worn in a ponytail. Will, handsome and charming, had always run with the cool kids. He was not an asshole like many of the other jocks and had a laid back attitude.

Though she had known Will since grade school, Lucy never thought she would date him. They grew closer during several classes together the first semester of their senior year, and she invited him to a small get together for her eighteenth birthday in February. Lucy was taken aback, but thrilled, when he asked her out shortly afterward. Their relationship took off. Lucy was radiant beside him in prom and graduation photos.

It was like a dream when they first kissed, and Lucy’s sexuality blossomed as they began making out frequently. She loved the attention he paid to her breasts, about which she had been self-conscious because of their smaller size. Will kissed and stroked them like they were the most precious things on earth, sucking her nipples while pressing her chest into his face with his strong hands on her back.

They would steal away to the couch in Will’s basement, where Lucy would topless within a minute, kissing passionately with legs intertwined. She became incredibly wet when she pressed the front of her yoga pants or shorts into his muscled thigh. Lucy yearned for Will to put his hand between her legs, and she couldn’t wait to feel his hardness in her own.

Will had been moving ever closer, rubbing the insides of her thighs and running his hands down the back of her shorts to feel her bare ass. It was going to happen, and then sex eventually. Lucy wanted Will to be her first.

•••

The couple kissed while waiting on the train to clear, Will’s car illuminated only by the dashboard and the flashing red lights of the crossing. They had been cuddled together at a friend’s house during movie night. With their bodies close for so long, their hormones were buzzing.

Will unzipped Lucy’s light jacket, and the pair clumsily tried to remove it as their mouths stayed locked together. He caressed her breasts through her tank top and could feel her nipples harden as the motion of their tongues intensified. Will soon lifted her shirt and loosened her bra, baring Lucy’s wonderfully pert mounds and then kissing her nipples alternately.

Returning his mouth to hers, Will let his hand drop to her warm thigh. Lucy did not stop him, so he grazed the front of the Lululemon shorts that were snug against her crotch with the back of his fingers. She opened her legs further and arched her back with a gasp.

Will turned his hand around and began to rub her dampening sex, softly at first, and then more vigorously. He could feel the contours of her mound and lips with only thin material preventing his fingers from being inside her. Lucy reacted, moaning and grinding against the pressure.

Just as Lucy scooted down to allow him access to her waistband, the train passed with a whoosh and the gates popped up.

“Let’s pull over somewhere,” Will panted, “I want to touch you there so bad.”

Lucy smiled, wishing that the train were longer.

“We better get home! The new curfew just went into effect anyway.”

Sensing Will’s disappointment, Lucy gave him a deep kiss and decided to throw caution to the wind. Pulling her shorts and panties away from her body, she thrust Will’s right hand into the soaked heaven below. He drove over the tracks and steered the car onto the shoulder as Lucy slid her bottoms down to mid-thigh.

They could not contain themselves, as Will switched hands and fingered her enthusiastically with Lucy bucking against him for several glorious minutes. She pushed his fingers further inside her as she came, trembling with eyes closed and her head tilted back.

“Your body is incredible,” Will said, laying his head on her breasts. His sticky hand was covered in her juices. Will let his index finger wander through her small thatch of neatly trimmed bush as he savored Lucy’s intoxicating scent.

“I’ve been waiting for that Will. We’re going to have plenty of time for more before we both leave for college,” Lucy said with a smile, her eyes almost teary from the orgasm.

Will sat up, but Lucy did not fix her clothes. She placed her hand on his lap, giving a firm squeeze to his member. They began kissing again, and Lucy was soon hungrily pawing at the button and zipper of his shorts.

His rock hard pole was finally in her grasp, and she ran her fingers over the length of it. Will guided her hand into a pumping motion that slid easily with the help of his pre-cum. His reaction and quickening breaths let her know she was doing it right, since this was the time she had touched a penis.

Will reached back across for her waiting vagina. Lucy spread her legs as wide as possible and pushed against his hand with a groan while simultaneously delivering a long slow stroke to his manhood. That was all it took for Will to explode, rockets of semen shooting over his pubic hair and onto the love trail going up his belly. Hot cum continued to flow like lava over Lucy’s hand.

“Oh my God! Will!” she said in amazement.

They both sat spent for a few moments before cleaning up with napkins and wet wipes from the glove box.

“I love you Will.

“I love you too. Let’s get you home.”

It was only 12:10 AM when they were pulled over by the police a few blocks from Lucy’s house. The midnight curfew had just been put in place for unmarried couples under the age of twenty-one.

Will expected to only receive citations, but the officer ordered them out of the car. The pair were informed that they were being arrested for immoral behavior. Will begged the officer to let them go free, and it briefly seemed that he would, but they were both handcuffed and hauled to the station.

Lucy had never seen her normally mild-manned father so angry. This was the first time she had been in trouble with the law, and was never a problem at school, but it seemed to push him over the edge. Lucy was frightened.

Mr. Hughes seethed with barely controlled rage on the way home at having to bail his daughter out of jail. Lucy tried to apologize, but he told her to be quiet. Not only had she been arrested, but there was no telling what she had been doing with her boyfriend. The physical attraction between them was palpable, and he had seen Will putting his hands all over her waist. He told his wife to stay on her case about not going too far. They had probably missed curfew because they were messing around. Now he would have to do things his way.

Lucy’s mother looked concerned when they arrived. The three sat in the living room with Lucy sniffling on the couch. What if they grounded her, cutting into the time she would have with Will before college?

“What the hell were you thinking Lucy? I warned you about the new curfew several times.”

“Daddy we were just watching movies at Kaitlyn’s and got caught by the train. It won’t happen again. I’m sorry and Will is too.”

“You’re damn right it’s not going to happen again! Your mother and I will talk tomorrow about how you’ll be spending the next month, but for right now get upstairs and get across your bed.”

Lucy’s blood ran cold, and her mother hung her head. It had been almost eight years since Lucy had last heard this command after playing with matches and starting a small fire in the garage.

“No, Daddy please!!!” Lucy wailed hysterically, “I’m eighteen now! You can’t do this to me!!!”

“Get upstairs, unless you want extra licks.”

“Daddy, no!”

“That’s two.”

Lucy ran upstairs sobbing loudly. The night had taken a turn from the greatest feeling she had ever experienced to abject fear and embarrassment. Her hands trembling, she dropped her shorts and quickly changed her panties. Though the previous pair were now dry, they had been saturated with the results of the night’s adventures.

Lucy laid down with a pillow under her midsection and her head toward the foot of the bed. She had a terrible knot in her stomach and was numb with disbelief as she heard her father approach. He carried a thick doubled over belt, and was now looking more sad than angry.

“Daddy, please don’t do this. I’m sorry,” Lucy said meekly.

“Lucy, you’ve been a good girl your whole life. Your Mom and I appreciate that, we do, but there are times when we have to teach lessons. They may not always be pleasant.”

“Pleeease. I’m about to go off to college Daddy.”

“Fortunately, it’s been a long time since I’ve had to do this, but you know the drill. Take down your panties and grab the foot rail.”

“Noooo! Noooo!” Lucy bawled, “At least let me leave them on.”

“Do it now! You just earned two more licks. You were only getting a dozen but now it’s sixteen. Don’t make it worse on yourself.”

Lucy pulled her panties down to just below her butt crack, not wanting to show her privates. Her pale body blushed scarlet.

Mr. Hughes’ rage flamed again. “I said take down your panties godamnit! That’s two more!”

In a flash, Lucy’s father pulled her underwear down her legs. That’s when he noticed the hickey on her neck and came unglued. He shockingly ripped her tank top down the back and unhooked her bra, violently pulling both off her body as she tried to cover herself.

“Daddy stop! Stop! Stop! Please!” Lucy said, now in a panic.

“Get your arms up!”

Lucy was naked save for the panties stretched between her knees. She slowly reached out to grip the wooden rail slightly above head level and felt the cool air of the room in her damp armpits. Awful memories of trying to put out the fire and the painful aftermath came flooding back.

The leather cracked across her bottom, and Lucy cried out in anguish. Seven more good licks fell in succession on her reddening cheeks as she thrashed. Her cries awakened her younger sister who ran downstairs and into their mother’s arms in fright. Mrs. Hughes wept. Their house was always so calm and cheerful. Lucy’s arrest and this punishment had turned things upside down. Her husband seemed possessed.

Lucy’s father smacked her thighs four times as she kicked. He then brought the belt down on her back with six hard blows, starting at her waistline and working forward to her shoulder blades. Lucy flung her head back in a scream with each strike, arms twitching as she tried to hang on to the rail. The final two were laid with extra emphasis diagonally across Lucy’s already stinging butt forming an X. She dug her fingernails into the wood and howled as her rear shot upward twice reflexively.

When it was over, Lucy’s face was buried in the bedding, and she released her cramped grip. She had taken twenty licks with the belt.

Mr. Hughes briefly touched the top of her head and put the belt on Lucy’s dresser.

“That stays here as a reminder until I come get it. Where are you supposed to be young lady?”

Lucy pulled herself from the bed and painfully slinked to the corner, one arm across her breasts and the other covering her pubic area. She put her hands on top of her head with her elbows out and her feet spread slightly. Her father turned off the light but could see the welted tableau of Lucy’s body as the room brightened with the dawn.

“Please. I’ll be good Daddy. Don’t make me stand here.”

“Your mother will let you know when you can move.”

Lucy spent a miserable two hours naked in the corner as her backside burned, not daring to drop her arms in case her father walked by.

Still hurting for the next few days, Lucy mostly remained in her room, scared of her father. She comforted herself with thoughts of Will, though she didn’t know when she would see him again. Lucy pressed her fingers to the front of her shorts and thought of the things they had done when they parked by the tracks. She was ready to have Will’s manhood inside her.

Lucy’s parents told her it would be a month before she could go out. Thanks to her mother’s influence, her phone was returned, and she quickly tried to contact Will. She was crestfallen when he didn’t answer her calls and only responded with short messages. Was he abandoning her now after she had taken a belt whipping for being with him? They still had court appearances in a week, and Lucy was nervous.

Milford Johnston, the attorney engaged by Lucy’s parents tried to ease all their minds at his office.

“You know how things are nowadays. Everyone’s on this religious kick. Immorality can be a serious charge, but she’ll just plead guilty and do a week in jail or some road cleanup. Humbling, but no harm done. As you probably know, they’ve brought back corporal punishment, but I would say it is highly unlikely here.”

Lucy recoiled at the attorney’s words. Might she be beaten again?

“Are you sure this is the way?” her father said, “Pleading guilty to immorality sounds like it could affect her future. Would it help to inform the judge that she has received a punishment at home and has not been able to sit down comfortably?”

Lucy’s face glowed red. Her father had turned into a different person. She had never heard him speak like this.

Johnston was briefly thrown off his game imagining this darling girl being spanked.

“Well, uh, that might not be the best idea. Anyway, if we fight it out and lose at trial, Lucy could go to the penitentiary for six months. These laws are new, but I suspect things will be harder on her if this gets dragged into a full blown affair. Her boyfriend likely plead out too.

“OK. I just want this over and my daughter away to college. She and Will have caused enough trouble here.”

He turned to Lucy, “When we get home, head to your room and get across your bed. My clients at the firm have started reaching out about your arrest. I was called to the director’s office about it this morning.”

Lucy swallowed hard. She felt moisture bead on her brow.

“You’ll get a dozen licks today. As there are more consequences from your actions, you will continue to feel them.”

“Mom? Do something. Please!” Lucy whimpered pitifully as her lower lip quivered and tears rolled down her face.

Mrs. Hughes looked away and said nothing.

“That’s six more for defiance Lucy. You don’t seem to get it. Let’s go”.

Johnston could only partially stand up to shake Mr. Hughes’ hand. He had already risen in another way.

Lucy followed her parents out of the office, hands covering her hot face to muffle the sobs that shook her body.

Judge Roy Tidwell had a strict rural upbringing steeped in the faith. He moved on from the small town but continued to wrap himself in religion as his legal career flourished. It was not over concern for his immortal soul, but for the related power and attention. Tidwell also found that religion could be a potent aphrodisiac, his favorite targets being young women with sheltered backgrounds and widows. They could be easily silenced if they threatened to speak ill of him.

Tidwell was recently elected on a wave of fundamentalist fervor that swept the state, mirroring a national trend. He had mostly been assigned low level criminal cases and was anxious to make a name for himself. The judge was well aware of the recent spate of legislation aimed at discouraging sexual activity out of wedlock. It had been signed into law by the governor and allowed wide sentencing discretion to judges, including options for corporal punishment.

His opportunity had arrived when he received Lucy’s case. She was a girl-next-door type, a good student, and the daughter of a respected accountant. A harsh sentence for Lucy would draw much more coverage than for the rabble that was usually in court, thieving and drug-addled rednecks and blacks. While corporal punishment was not in the recommended sentencing guidelines for the curfew law, it was not prohibited. He would make an example of this girl. Then he would known statewide, if not around the whole country.

The judge noticed that Will’s case was assigned to his friend, Lawrence “Larry” Ballard, who had been elected at the same time. The two judges were derisively referred to by progressives in the legal community as “The Hitler Youth”, owing to their far-right politics and relatively young ages, both being in their late thirties. Tidwell decided to give Larry a call to see what information he could glean about the couple’s relationship.

•••

An old pickup pulled into the parking lot of the county courthouse. Dwight Timmons had arrived to interview for the position of executioner, which a new law created for each of the state’s counties.

It was a long and twisted trail that led him to this field of work. Retiring from the U.S. Army at forty, Timmons sought money and adventure in South America. He found himself driving trucks for drug cartels and then in a government sponsored paramilitary unit fighting rebels.

The rules about the activities and conduct of the unit were murky, to put it mildly. It was often necessary to interrogate or punish prisoners, and it was discovered that Timmons had a way with the whip. His strength and accuracy brought out information and confessions. Severe pain was always inflicted.

Tired of the jungle, Timmons eventually transitioned to duty with the Sistema de Justicia Federal, performing corporal punishments on common criminals and convicted rebels alike. His skill grew with whips, canes, and leather paddles. It was a plus that Timmons was generally able to perform his job without compassion.

He returned to the United States when his mother became ill and stayed to help her. Once she passed away, Timmons handled her estate and spent aimless months drinking, watching TV, and playing online poker. He was deeply affected by his mother’s death, wishing that he had not been gone so many years.

The posting for the executioner position piqued his interest. Timmons sat smoking in his truck until it was time to go inside. He knew he had the skill and experience for the job, but did he still have his edge?

To be continued…

Lucy finally spoke to Will late one night after desperately pleading with him to call. The usual joy in his voice was gone. He only laughed callously when he asked if she really received two spankings. She had let him know, but did not describe the severity with which she had been beaten. Lucy choked back tears.

Will explained that his lawyer told him to keep their communication to a minimum until the hearings were over. He assured Lucy that everything would go back to normal afterward. Lucy knew something was off, and it tore at her heart. He gave her a muted, “I love you,” before hanging up.

Lucy was an emotional wreck the day of the hearing, feeling sick and clammy the entire morning. She had lived in constant fear of the belt after the trip to her attorney’s office. That, along with her crumbling relationship with Will and uncertainty over the case had her on edge. She lingered in the warm water of the shower after washing her hair and shaving. Lucy put on a nice dress for court and felt a little better by the time they left the house.

Her attorney tried to reassure Lucy that everything would be OK. She was almost convinced until she saw Judge Tidwell. He had stern, dark features and a menacing presence. Lucy was immediately afraid as he regarded her with a sneer, his black hair glimmering with Brylcreem.

“We have a case before us of a young woman who could not go a month without allegedly violating a curfew enacted by the laws of our state. It is most unfortunate that there are so many who disrespect rules meant to protect them and maintain the moral fiber of our community.”

Lucy’s big blue eyes stung with tears.

“How does the defendant plead, Mr. Johnston?”

Johnston tapped her on the shoulder as a signal to rise. Lucy stood on wobbly legs and said quietly, “Guilty, your honor,” as she looked down.

“Miss Hughes, I find it disappointing that a person from an advantaged family and with a good education would behave in such a manner. I think you have set a poor example indeed. What exactly were you doing that was so important that you could not be home by curfew?”

“My boyfriend and I were with friends watching a movie. We just didn’t leave for home in time and were caught by a train.”

“Ahh the train. Is that all you were doing young lady?”

“Well we…”

Tidwell cut her off and said dramatically, “I have in my hand an affidavit signed by your boyfriend, a Mr. William Strickland.”

Lucy felt her throat tighten as a murmur passed through the courtroom.

“Mr. Strickland details that on the night in question, you were engaged in sexual activity in his vehicle. He indicates that you allowed him to fondle and kiss your bare breasts, and not for the first time.”

“We only…” Lucy could feel her dress clinging to her body, and she shifted uncomfortably on her feet.

“I don’t want a story girl! Did you or did you not allow it?”

“Yes, your honor,” was Lucy’s barely audible answer. She was mortified and couldn’t believe this was coming out in front of her parents. It was now certain that she would feel the belt for the third time in the last ten days. The punishments hurt so bad, and this would be the worst one yet. Why did Will do this to her? Lucy vainly hoped that he had not told them anything else.

“The affidavit also states that you touched each other’s genitalia on the same night.”

Lucy was shaking and did not respond.

“Did you or did you not?”

“We love…we loved each other,” Lucy squeaked, “It just happened.”

“I’ve heard enough,” barked Tidwell, “This type of activity is exactly what our laws are meant to prevent. Miss Hughes, I’ve read several letters written on your behalf and have to say that you have fooled many good people, but not me.”

“I’m sorry your honor. I’m so sorry. Please don’t put me in jail. I’m supposed to go to college in August.”

“Oh, you will just be in jail for two days Miss Hughes, while preparations are made for your public flogging.”

Lucy stood in stunned silence along with the rest of the courtroom at the judge’s words. She swayed and had to be held upright by her attorney.

“As you have pled guilty to a charge of Class B Immorality, I hereby sentence you to two dozen lashes on your naked back with the cat o’ nine tails. You should use the time before your correction to consider the actions that brought you here.”

Johnston quickly blurted, “Your honor, this proposed punishment is not within the sentencing guidelines! We never expected such, especially with a guilty plea.”

“This is not a proposal Mr. Johnston. Times have changed, and I suggest you get on board sir, for the sake of your future clients. Miss Hughes will feel the lash.”

Lucy crumpled to the floor. She could not stand on her own, and had to be carried from the courtroom while her parents were yelling and had to be restrained.

Frantic pleas from Lucy’s family and friends would not sway the judge, and the appellate court refused to act on an emergency filing by her attorney. In private, the members discussed their concerns over the excessive nature of the sentence. However, they were curious to see how things would play out with public opinion in light of the new laws. The suffering of one girl was an afterthought.

The wait itself was torture as the gravity of the sentence crashed in on Lucy. This was insanity. She was just a normal girl, and now her breasts were about to be exposed to everyone. A whip would be used on her back that her sister squeezed tight with hugs. When Johnston informed her that the appeal failed, Lucy put her head down on the metal table completely defeated, the sound of her heartbreaking cries echoing off the walls of the jail meeting room.

Good morning,

Here are the first four chapters of a new story, with three more to follow this week. I hope you enjoy it!

Will Strickland was Lucy Hughes’ first love, and she couldn’t believe how he had made her come alive during the last four months.

While outgoing, Lucy had always been much more focused on academics and sports than many of her boy-crazy friends. She was cute and well liked, with a slight build and brownish-blond hair often worn in a ponytail. Will, handsome and charming, had always run with the cool kids. He was not an asshole like many of the other jocks and had a laid back attitude.

Though she had known Will since grade school, Lucy never thought she would date him. They grew closer during several classes together the first semester of their senior year, and she invited him to a small get together for her eighteenth birthday in February. Lucy was taken aback, but thrilled, when he asked her out shortly afterward. Their relationship took off. Lucy was radiant beside him in prom and graduation photos.

It was like a dream when they first kissed, and Lucy’s sexuality blossomed as they began making out frequently. She loved the attention he paid to her breasts, about which she had been self-conscious because of their smaller size. Will kissed and stroked them like they were the most precious things on earth, sucking her nipples while pressing her chest into his face with his strong hands on her back.

They would steal away to the couch in Will’s basement, where Lucy would topless within a minute, kissing passionately with legs intertwined. She became incredibly wet when she pressed the front of her yoga pants or shorts into his muscled thigh. Lucy yearned for Will to put his hand between her legs, and she couldn’t wait to feel his hardness in her own.

Will had been moving ever closer, rubbing the insides of her thighs and running his hands down the back of her shorts to feel her bare ass. It was going to happen, and then sex eventually. Lucy wanted Will to be her first.

•••

The couple kissed while waiting on the train to clear, Will’s car illuminated only by the dashboard and the flashing red lights of the crossing. They had been cuddled together at a friend’s house during movie night. With their bodies close for so long, their hormones were buzzing.

Will unzipped Lucy’s light jacket, and the pair clumsily tried to remove it as their mouths stayed locked together. He caressed her breasts through her tank top and could feel her nipples harden as the motion of their tongues intensified. Will soon lifted her shirt and loosened her bra, baring Lucy’s wonderfully pert mounds and then kissing her nipples alternately.

Returning his mouth to hers, Will let his hand drop to her warm thigh. Lucy did not stop him, so he grazed the front of the Lululemon shorts that were snug against her crotch with the back of his fingers. She opened her legs further and arched her back with a gasp.

Will turned his hand around and began to rub her dampening sex, softly at first, and then more vigorously. He could feel the contours of her mound and lips with only thin material preventing his fingers from being inside her. Lucy reacted, moaning and grinding against the pressure.

Just as Lucy scooted down to allow him access to her waistband, the train passed with a whoosh and the gates popped up.

“Let’s pull over somewhere,” Will panted, “I want to touch you there so bad.”

Lucy smiled, wishing that the train were longer.

“We better get home! The new curfew just went into effect anyway.”

Sensing Will’s disappointment, Lucy gave him a deep kiss and decided to throw caution to the wind. Pulling her shorts and panties away from her body, she thrust Will’s right hand into the soaked heaven below. He drove over the tracks and steered the car onto the shoulder as Lucy slid her bottoms down to mid-thigh.

They could not contain themselves, as Will switched hands and fingered her enthusiastically with Lucy bucking against him for several glorious minutes. She pushed his fingers further inside her as she came, trembling with eyes closed and her head tilted back.

“Your body is incredible,” Will said, laying his head on her breasts. His sticky hand was covered in her juices. Will let his index finger wander through her small thatch of neatly trimmed bush as he savored Lucy’s intoxicating scent.

“I’ve been waiting for that Will. We’re going to have plenty of time for more before we both leave for college,” Lucy said with a smile, her eyes almost teary from the orgasm.

Will sat up, but Lucy did not fix her clothes. She placed her hand on his lap, giving a firm squeeze to his member. They began kissing again, and Lucy was soon hungrily pawing at the button and zipper of his shorts.

His rock hard pole was finally in her grasp, and she ran her fingers over the length of it. Will guided her hand into a pumping motion that slid easily with the help of his pre-cum. His reaction and quickening breaths let her know she was doing it right, since this was the time she had touched a penis.

Will reached back across for her waiting vagina. Lucy spread her legs as wide as possible and pushed against his hand with a groan while simultaneously delivering a long slow stroke to his manhood. That was all it took for Will to explode, rockets of semen shooting over his pubic hair and onto the love trail going up his belly. Hot cum continued to flow like lava over Lucy’s hand.

“Oh my God! Will!” she said in amazement.

They both sat spent for a few moments before cleaning up with napkins and wet wipes from the glove box.

“I love you Will.

“I love you too. Let’s get you home.”

It was only 12:10 AM when they were pulled over by the police a few blocks from Lucy’s house. The midnight curfew had just been put in place for unmarried couples under the age of twenty-one.

Will expected to only receive citations, but the officer ordered them out of the car. The pair were informed that they were being arrested for immoral behavior. Will begged the officer to let them go free, and it briefly seemed that he would, but they were both handcuffed and hauled to the station.

Lucy had never seen her normally mild-manned father so angry. This was the first time she had been in trouble with the law, and was never a problem at school, but it seemed to push him over the edge. Lucy was frightened.

Mr. Hughes seethed with barely controlled rage on the way home at having to bail his daughter out of jail. Lucy tried to apologize, but he told her to be quiet. Not only had she been arrested, but there was no telling what she had been doing with her boyfriend. The physical attraction between them was palpable, and he had seen Will putting his hands all over her waist. He told his wife to stay on her case about not going too far. They had probably missed curfew because they were messing around. Now he would have to do things his way.

Lucy’s mother looked concerned when they arrived. The three sat in the living room with Lucy sniffling on the couch. What if they grounded her, cutting into the time she would have with Will before college?

“What the hell were you thinking Lucy? I warned you about the new curfew several times.”

“Daddy we were just watching movies at Kaitlyn’s and got caught by the train. It won’t happen again. I’m sorry and Will is too.”

“You’re damn right it’s not going to happen again! Your mother and I will talk tomorrow about how you’ll be spending the next month, but for right now get upstairs and get across your bed.”

Lucy’s blood ran cold, and her mother hung her head. It had been almost eight years since Lucy had last heard this command after playing with matches and starting a small fire in the garage.

“No, Daddy please!!!” Lucy wailed hysterically, “I’m eighteen now! You can’t do this to me!!!”

“Get upstairs, unless you want extra licks.”

“Daddy, no!”

“That’s two.”

Lucy ran upstairs sobbing loudly. The night had taken a turn from the greatest feeling she had ever experienced to abject fear and embarrassment. Her hands trembling, she dropped her shorts and quickly changed her panties. Though the previous pair were now dry, they had been saturated with the results of the night’s adventures.

Lucy laid down with a pillow under her midsection and her head toward the foot of the bed. She had a terrible knot in her stomach and was numb with disbelief as she heard her father approach. He carried a thick doubled over belt, and was now looking more sad than angry.

“Daddy, please don’t do this. I’m sorry,” Lucy said meekly.

“Lucy, you’ve been a good girl your whole life. Your Mom and I appreciate that, we do, but there are times when we have to teach lessons. They may not always be pleasant.”

“Pleeease. I’m about to go off to college Daddy.”

“Fortunately, it’s been a long time since I’ve had to do this, but you know the drill. Take down your panties and grab the foot rail.”

“Noooo! Noooo!” Lucy bawled, “At least let me leave them on.”

“Do it now! You just earned two more licks. You were only getting a dozen but now it’s sixteen. Don’t make it worse on yourself.”

Lucy pulled her panties down to just below her butt crack, not wanting to show her privates. Her pale body blushed scarlet.

Mr. Hughes’ rage flamed again. “I said take down your panties godamnit! That’s two more!”

In a flash, Lucy’s father pulled her underwear down her legs. That’s when he noticed the hickey on her neck and came unglued. He shockingly ripped her tank top down the back and unhooked her bra, violently pulling both off her body as she tried to cover herself.

“Daddy stop! Stop! Stop! Please!” Lucy said, now in a panic.

“Get your arms up!”

Lucy was naked save for the panties stretched between her knees. She slowly reached out to grip the wooden rail slightly above head level and felt the cool air of the room in her damp armpits. Awful memories of trying to put out the fire and the painful aftermath came flooding back.

The leather cracked across her bottom, and Lucy cried out in anguish. Seven more good licks fell in succession on her reddening cheeks as she thrashed. Her cries awakened her younger sister who ran downstairs and into their mother’s arms in fright. Mrs. Hughes wept. Their house was always so calm and cheerful. Lucy’s arrest and this punishment had turned things upside down. Her husband seemed possessed.

Lucy’s father smacked her thighs four times as she kicked. He then brought the belt down on her back with six hard blows, starting at her waistline and working forward to her shoulder blades. Lucy flung her head back in a scream with each strike, arms twitching as she tried to hang on to the rail. The final two were laid with extra emphasis diagonally across Lucy’s already stinging butt forming an X. She dug her fingernails into the wood and howled as her rear shot upward twice reflexively.

When it was over, Lucy’s face was buried in the bedding, and she released her cramped grip. She had taken twenty licks with the belt.

Mr. Hughes briefly touched the top of her head and put the belt on Lucy’s dresser.

“That stays here as a reminder until I come get it. Where are you supposed to be young lady?”

Lucy pulled herself from the bed and painfully slinked to the corner, one arm across her breasts and the other covering her pubic area. She put her hands on top of her head with her elbows out and her feet spread slightly. Her father turned off the light but could see the welted tableau of Lucy’s body as the room brightened with the dawn.

“Please. I’ll be good Daddy. Don’t make me stand here.”

“Your mother will let you know when you can move.”

Lucy spent a miserable two hours naked in the corner as her backside burned, not daring to drop her arms in case her father walked by.

Still hurting for the next few days, Lucy mostly remained in her room, scared of her father. She comforted herself with thoughts of Will, though she didn’t know when she would see him again. Lucy pressed her fingers to the front of her shorts and thought of the things they had done when they parked by the tracks. She was ready to have Will’s manhood inside her.

Lucy’s parents told her it would be a month before she could go out. Thanks to her mother’s influence, her phone was returned, and she quickly tried to contact Will. She was crestfallen when he didn’t answer her calls and only responded with short messages. Was he abandoning her now after she had taken a belt whipping for being with him? They still had court appearances in a week, and Lucy was nervous.

Milford Johnston, the attorney engaged by Lucy’s parents tried to ease all their minds at his office.

“You know how things are nowadays. Everyone’s on this religious kick. Immorality can be a serious charge, but she’ll just plead guilty and do a week in jail or some road cleanup. Humbling, but no harm done. As you probably know, they’ve brought back corporal punishment, but I would say it is highly unlikely here.”

Lucy recoiled at the attorney’s words. Might she be beaten again?

“Are you sure this is the way?” her father said, “Pleading guilty to immorality sounds like it could affect her future. Would it help to inform the judge that she has received a punishment at home and has not been able to sit down comfortably?”

Lucy’s face glowed red. Her father had turned into a different person. She had never heard him speak like this.

Johnston was briefly thrown off his game imagining this darling girl being spanked.

“Well, uh, that might not be the best idea. Anyway, if we fight it out and lose at trial, Lucy could go to the penitentiary for six months. These laws are new, but I suspect things will be harder on her if this gets dragged into a full blown affair. Her boyfriend likely plead out too.

“OK. I just want this over and my daughter away to college. She and Will have caused enough trouble here.”

He turned to Lucy, “When we get home, head to your room and get across your bed. My clients at the firm have started reaching out about your arrest. I was called to the director’s office about it this morning.”

Lucy swallowed hard. She felt moisture bead on her brow.

“You’ll get a dozen licks today. As there are more consequences from your actions, you will continue to feel them.”

“Mom? Do something. Please!” Lucy whimpered pitifully as her lower lip quivered and tears rolled down her face.

Mrs. Hughes looked away and said nothing.

“That’s six more for defiance Lucy. You don’t seem to get it. Let’s go”.

Johnston could only partially stand up to shake Mr. Hughes’ hand. He had already risen in another way.

Lucy followed her parents out of the office, hands covering her hot face to muffle the sobs that shook her body.

Judge Roy Tidwell had a strict rural upbringing steeped in the faith. He moved on from the small town but continued to wrap himself in religion as his legal career flourished. It was not over concern for his immortal soul, but for the related power and attention. Tidwell also found that religion could be a potent aphrodisiac, his favorite targets being young women with sheltered backgrounds and widows. They could be easily silenced if they threatened to speak ill of him.

Tidwell was recently elected on a wave of fundamentalist fervor that swept the state, mirroring a national trend. He had mostly been assigned low level criminal cases and was anxious to make a name for himself. The judge was well aware of the recent spate of legislation aimed at discouraging sexual activity out of wedlock. It had been signed into law by the governor and allowed wide sentencing discretion to judges, including options for corporal punishment.

His opportunity had arrived when he received Lucy’s case. She was a girl-next-door type, a good student, and the daughter of a respected accountant. A harsh sentence for Lucy would draw much more coverage than for the rabble that was usually in court, thieving and drug-addled rednecks and blacks. While corporal punishment was not in the recommended sentencing guidelines for the curfew law, it was not prohibited. He would make an example of this girl. Then he would known statewide, if not around the whole country.

The judge noticed that Will’s case was assigned to his friend, Lawrence “Larry” Ballard, who had been elected at the same time. The two judges were derisively referred to by progressives in the legal community as “The Hitler Youth”, owing to their far-right politics and relatively young ages, both being in their late thirties. Tidwell decided to give Larry a call to see what information he could glean about the couple’s relationship.

•••

An old pickup pulled into the parking lot of the county courthouse. Dwight Timmons had arrived to interview for the position of executioner, which a new law created for each of the state’s counties.

It was a long and twisted trail that led him to this field of work. Retiring from the U.S. Army at forty, Timmons sought money and adventure in South America. He found himself driving trucks for drug cartels and then in a government sponsored paramilitary unit fighting rebels.

The rules about the activities and conduct of the unit were murky, to put it mildly. It was often necessary to interrogate or punish prisoners, and it was discovered that Timmons had a way with the whip. His strength and accuracy brought out information and confessions. Severe pain was always inflicted.

Tired of the jungle, Timmons eventually transitioned to duty with the Sistema de Justicia Federal, performing corporal punishments on common criminals and convicted rebels alike. His skill grew with whips, canes, and leather paddles. It was a plus that Timmons was generally able to perform his job without compassion.

He returned to the United States when his mother became ill and stayed to help her. Once she passed away, Timmons handled her estate and spent aimless months drinking, watching TV, and playing online poker. He was deeply affected by his mother’s death, wishing that he had not been gone so many years.

The posting for the executioner position piqued his interest. Timmons sat smoking in his truck until it was time to go inside. He knew he had the skill and experience for the job, but did he still have his edge?

To be continued…
Hot.

Lucy finally spoke to Will late one night after desperately pleading with him to call. The usual joy in his voice was gone. He only laughed callously when he asked if she really received two spankings. She had let him know, but did not describe the severity with which she had been beaten. Lucy choked back tears.

Will explained that his lawyer told him to keep their communication to a minimum until the hearings were over. He assured Lucy that everything would go back to normal afterward. Lucy knew something was off, and it tore at her heart. He gave her a muted, “I love you,” before hanging up.

Lucy was an emotional wreck the day of the hearing, feeling sick and clammy the entire morning. She had lived in constant fear of the belt after the trip to her attorney’s office. That, along with her crumbling relationship with Will and uncertainty over the case had her on edge. She lingered in the warm water of the shower after washing her hair and shaving. Lucy put on a nice dress for court and felt a little better by the time they left the house.

Her attorney tried to reassure Lucy that everything would be OK. She was almost convinced until she saw Judge Tidwell. He had stern, dark features and a menacing presence. Lucy was immediately afraid as he regarded her with a sneer, his black hair glimmering with Brylcreem.

“We have a case before us of a young woman who could not go a month without allegedly violating a curfew enacted by the laws of our state. It is most unfortunate that there are so many who disrespect rules meant to protect them and maintain the moral fiber of our community.”

Lucy’s big blue eyes stung with tears.

“How does the defendant plead, Mr. Johnston?”

Johnston tapped her on the shoulder as a signal to rise. Lucy stood on wobbly legs and said quietly, “Guilty, your honor,” as she looked down.

“Miss Hughes, I find it disappointing that a person from an advantaged family and with a good education would behave in such a manner. I think you have set a poor example indeed. What exactly were you doing that was so important that you could not be home by curfew?”

“My boyfriend and I were with friends watching a movie. We just didn’t leave for home in time and were caught by a train.”

“Ahh the train. Is that all you were doing young lady?”

“Well we…”

Tidwell cut her off and said dramatically, “I have in my hand an affidavit signed by your boyfriend, a Mr. William Strickland.”

Lucy felt her throat tighten as a murmur passed through the courtroom.

“Mr. Strickland details that on the night in question, you were engaged in sexual activity in his vehicle. He indicates that you allowed him to fondle and kiss your bare breasts, and not for the first time.”

“We only…” Lucy could feel her dress clinging to her body, and she shifted uncomfortably on her feet.

“I don’t want a story girl! Did you or did you not allow it?”

“Yes, your honor,” was Lucy’s barely audible answer. She was mortified and couldn’t believe this was coming out in front of her parents. It was now certain that she would feel the belt for the third time in the last ten days. The punishments hurt so bad, and this would be the worst one yet. Why did Will do this to her? Lucy vainly hoped that he had not told them anything else.

“The affidavit also states that you touched each other’s genitalia on the same night.”

Lucy was shaking and did not respond.

“Did you or did you not?”

“We love…we loved each other,” Lucy squeaked, “It just happened.”

“I’ve heard enough,” barked Tidwell, “This type of activity is exactly what our laws are meant to prevent. Miss Hughes, I’ve read several letters written on your behalf and have to say that you have fooled many good people, but not me.”

“I’m sorry your honor. I’m so sorry. Please don’t put me in jail. I’m supposed to go to college in August.”

“Oh, you will just be in jail for two days Miss Hughes, while preparations are made for your public flogging.”

Lucy stood in stunned silence along with the rest of the courtroom at the judge’s words. She swayed and had to be held upright by her attorney.

“As you have pled guilty to a charge of Class B Immorality, I hereby sentence you to two dozen lashes on your naked back with the cat o’ nine tails. You should use the time before your correction to consider the actions that brought you here.”

Johnston quickly blurted, “Your honor, this proposed punishment is not within the sentencing guidelines! We never expected such, especially with a guilty plea.”

“This is not a proposal Mr. Johnston. Times have changed, and I suggest you get on board sir, for the sake of your future clients. Miss Hughes will feel the lash.”

Lucy crumpled to the floor. She could not stand on her own, and had to be carried from the courtroom while her parents were yelling and had to be restrained.

Frantic pleas from Lucy’s family and friends would not sway the judge, and the appellate court refused to act on an emergency filing by her attorney. In private, the members discussed their concerns over the excessive nature of the sentence. However, they were curious to see how things would play out with public opinion in light of the new laws. The suffering of one girl was an afterthought.

The wait itself was torture as the gravity of the sentence crashed in on Lucy. This was insanity. She was just a normal girl, and now her breasts were about to be exposed to everyone. A whip would be used on her back that her sister squeezed tight with hugs. When Johnston informed her that the appeal failed, Lucy put her head down on the metal table completely defeated, the sound of her heartbreaking cries echoing off the walls of the jail meeting room.
HOT.

A large crowd gathered in front of the courthouse to see the new corporal punishment spectacle. According to a local historian on the news, a woman had not been sentenced to a flogging in the area since the late 1700s, which was twenty years prior to statehood.

Lucy was led toward two vertical posts on a newly constructed platform. The soles of her bare feet stung on the hot sidewalk. She looked small dressed in an ill fitting light gray jail uniform. The top was so loose that it hung away from her body revealing her collar bones and the top of her dainty chest. Lucy’s heart pounded with fear, and her knees buckled as they reached the steps.

Once in position, Lucy’s shirt was easily pulled over her head by an officer on each side. She yelped and blushed at the sudden reveal of her breasts, small but firm handfuls topped by perfect pink nipples. Lucy tried to cover them, but the officers yanked her slender arms upward and tied her wrists high with the ropes on each post, leaving the girl struggling on tip toes.

Perspiration coursed from Lucy’s body in the June heat as proceedings were cruelly delayed by speeches from politicians and clergymen. Stripped and shamed, she dangled as they castigated her “promiscuity”, and that of society in general.

Lucy’s chest began to heave as she again heard the awful sentence read. Two dozen lashes on her bare back. A quiet moment passed, and those on the platform could hear her say the Lord’s Prayer between labored breaths.

The newly hired executioner Timmons wanted to give the crowd a show and thought he would terrorize his victim a bit. Lucy saw him approach holding the fearsome coiled cat, and felt its touch for the first time as he brought it to her raised right elbow. She winced and turned her head away, squeezing her eyes closed.

Timmons slowly drug the instrument down her tricep and over her soft, wet underarm to graze the side of her breast. He could not help but notice the perfection of Lucy’s armpits at full exposure. Beads of sweat trickled over exquisitely smooth skin and barely perceptible blonde stubble, forming a shiny patch at the tender base of each.

He took another moment to regard Lucy, helpless and terrified in front of him. Timmons could not remember being this close to such a delicate and innocent looking girl. The women who came to his bed were all rode hard with leathery skin, their voices gravelly from cigarette smoke and booze.

In South America, he had bloodied the backs of many attractive young senoritas, most guilty only of being the daughters of prominent rebels. How their black eyes pleaded when he held up the bullwhip that would split their creamy tan skin. None of them compared to Lucy though, so vulnerable with her arms raised and tears wetting her red cheeks. He resisted the urge to brush back a loose strand of hair stuck to her forehead. This girl should have been someone’s treasure, and to have her wind up like this.

The prisoner was scared enough, and he did not move the cat all the way down to between her legs as he had planned. It was too vulgar a move for the crowd in this suburban county anyway.

Timmons shook out the tendrils and stepped behind her. He felt a small pain when he saw that this girl had already been beaten. Why did pretty Lucy have to be the first person he flogged on his return to the profession? This was going to be much more difficult than he thought.

Lucy knew from the sight of the heavy whip and the feel of the knots scraping her body that she would never be whole again. She sank into despair.

“No. God no.”

A brutal snap of the cat across the width of Lucy’s stretched back elicited the first of many heart-rending screams. The ropes burned into her twisting wrists as she danced in agony.

Timmons found his stroke after a few blows, and the lashes were applied with zeal at twenty second intervals. Thick barb-laced tails seemed to swallow Lucy’s petite frame, tearing away flesh as they raked her protruding ribs. A downward strike gouged the skin between her shoulder blades, causing Lucy to arch with gleaming breasts thrust forward.

The crowd was mesmerized by the nubile girl’s writhing and the blood appearing at an ever increasing pace. The many who knew her could have never imagined sweet Lucy tied half-naked and whipped. She was their babysitter, the humane society volunteer, the soccer player laughing with her teammates.

Reverend Adams, the longtime preacher at the Hughes’ church, felt like a knife was being twisted in his guts. A few years ago, Lucy bravely volunteered for a solo with the youth choir when no one else would. Even though she wasn’t a talented singer, the Reverend could tell how much she had practiced when the time came. Her clear voice rang through the sanctuary bringing tears to his eyes. He remembered her afterward, wearing a proud and relieved smile as she gathered with her family. To now hear that same voice cry out in pain and fear was horrifying.

Lucy’s close friends and former teammates huddled close together praying. Her best friend Erin wailed uncontrollably as she buried her face in Kaitlyn’s shoulder. Lucy had always been by her side growing up and supported her in tough times. They had been excited about this summer with their boyfriends and then rooming together at college. The reality that everything had been ruined was driven home with each wet smack of the cat.

“Help me! Oh God help me! Please no more!!!” Lucy begged after the seventeenth lash, her back growing more ragged and blood dripping from the whip. She wheezed between strokes trying to catch her breath.

Mr. and Mrs. Hughes stood nearby hearing their precious daughter’s unimaginable suffering. They both hung their heads, unable to watch. Lucy’s father felt ever more guilt over the terrible things he had done due to pride. Lucy had been the best daughter he could ever ask for, but something went wrong with him after the arrest. He turned into a monster. Now he could not help her.

Lucy’s sister was mercifully not required to attend. She idolized Lucy and did not know the full extent of what was happening. Her parents only told her that Lucy was being punished again, much worse than with Daddy, and that she would need lots of love and care when she returned.

Lucy sagged nearly unconscious by the final lash, the only one that fell without sending her reeling. Blood and sweat soaked the gray bottoms that had slipped from her hips with her panties, tantalizingly exposing her pubic hair to the crowd. The tops of her pale but bruised bottom cheeks were also visible, offering a sharp contrast to the torn skin above.

Cut free from the posts, Lucy fell hunched on her knees with her forehead on the rough wood of the platform. Her matted hair covered her face as she stirred painfully, the crimson whip marks on her torso glistening in the sun.

To be continued…

It only took the threat of a public flogging for Will to sign the affidavit and provide the information on Lucy sought by Tidwell. Of course, Judge Ballard had no intention of sentencing this fine young man to such. He had something more interesting in mind.

The judge smiled at the sight of Will leaning over the edge of his desk, trousers and boxers around his ankles with his pale ass shining. Ballard’s hard-on, fortunately hidden by his flowing robes, raged as he applied a dozen blows of the tawse to Will’s irresistible squirming bottom. A reveal of Larry Ballard’s homosexuality would not square well with his conservative political career. Fleeting moments like these were few and far between, so he appreciated them even more.

Will was crying with snot running from his nose by the end of the beating. He pulled up his pants over his burning rear thinking of how he chuckled at Lucy getting the belt, never thinking it could happen to him. Now his beautiful girlfriend who loved him so much had been whipped and disgraced. It was all his fault.

Ballard saw Will’s distress and reassuringly put his hands on the lad’s broad shoulders. The judge told Will that he never wanted to see him in his chambers again, but it was very much a lie.

Judge Tidwell, for his part, gained the fame he sought. He was in demand as a speaker for religious groups looking to restore God’s place in the country and discipline among the wayward youth. Tidwell relished giving interviews to hostile media members, pompous leftists who feigned concern over poor Lucy’s whipping. They wanted to coddle all criminals anyway, he thought.

A willowy red-headed nursing student was up next in court. She had been foolish enough to fall asleep at her boyfriend’s apartment, and unsuccessfully tried to sneak back into her dorm early in the morning. The school was now required to report such incidents to the authorities.

Perusing her mugshots, Tidwell could already see her stretched between the posts, pale breasts flattened against her chest and the cat tearing freckled skin from her back. Perhaps he should have her caned first to really stir things up. He would consult with the executioner who did such fine work on Lucy. The fellow had apparently decided to stick around after initially signaling that one flogging was enough.

The groundswell of support the judge received from the public only confirmed his course of action. Things were going according to plan, and the possibilities were endless.

•••

Lucy fell into a deep depression once she was released from the hospital. She remained secluded, only seeing a few close friends. Lucy had night terrors of the bloody cat cutting her body, displayed for all on the platform, and the sickening sound as it struck her flesh. When she didn’t wake up screaming from those visions, she dreamed of her father’s belt driving deep into her flesh, her begging, and the shame of standing naked in the corner as an eighteen-year-old.

Lucy could never forgive her father, despite his constant efforts to make amends. He had taken away her dignity, almost as much as the public flogging, as well as her trust. Lucy was likewise tormented by Will’s betrayal. She blocked him on her phone and ignored his outreach through others, but heard that he was devastated.

She missed their intense love and his touch, but each time Lucy thought back on their time together, she also remembered the hideous pain and the count of another lash. It seemed that it would never reach twenty-four that hot day. A small burden was lifted after Will left for school in the fall.

When Lucy began to venture out, she often drew stares and whispers. People no longer greeted her with smiles, but with looks of pity and scorn. The worst was when some younger teenagers mocked her, two boys stretching a giggling girl between them while they imitated the sounds of the lashes and her cries. Lucy had a breakdown right on the sidewalk in front of an upscale shop while her mother and sister tried to calm her. She wildly screamed at the group and told them to fuck off before running back to the car in tears, their laughter following her.

Lucy’s scars had faded and were always well covered, but she was marked nevertheless. The withering pain and humiliation of her punishment forever extinguished the once bright and abundant light of Lucy’s youth. Her buoyant nature and optimism had been whipped away like the tender skin of her back.

It was not until Lucy finally went to the university two years later that focus and meaning, along with love, returned to her life.

THE END

Back
Top Bottom