'hunter's Manips

Go to CruxDreams.com

mermaidhunter

Master Crucifixion Technician
I have decided to try my hand at doing some photo manips. I have time on an older compter while my main computer is busy rendering. So, I spent a lot of time looking for photos that were good candidates for manipulating. It is diificult to believe how hard it is to find photos that can be manipulated well. I mean, after a while you just get tired of looking at naked women!! (NOT!)

So, I found a few and here is the first result. I am blown away at how log this took to do. I wanted to have several pics to post at once, but that will take some time. I hope you all enjoy the results.

Attachments

• cruxmanip003b.jpg
    cruxmanip003b.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 1,324
That is very good! Finding pictures is difficult at times but Admi and Gibbs have provided a lot. If that's your first try you are beyond most and ahead of where I started!

Tree

Reactions: REJ
I have decided to try my hand at doing some photo manips. I have time on an older compter while my main computer is busy rendering. So, I spent a lot of time looking for photos that were good candidates for manipulating. It is diificult to believe how hard it is to find photos that can be manipulated well. I mean, after a while you just get tired of looking at naked women!! (NOT!)

So, I found a few and here is the first result. I am blown away at how log this took to do. I wanted to have several pics to post at once, but that will take some time. I hope you all enjoy the results.
If this is the quality of your efforts, then take your time! Awesome manip! :D

Reactions: REJ
I didn't mean to mislead, I have doen one manip before as part of an exercise with one of the instructional threads that is on this site. I was recently inspired by Tree's thread on manip's and especially as I saw how he brought in his own cross components to the picture and then placed them between the "Victim" and the existing backdrop.
This is the first one that I have spent any time on trying to achieve my goal of "real". Which is frequently one of my goals, as well as to display something that cannot be seen otherwise (it is never a good idea to really crucify a perfectly good girl with nails). I so other images of things that exist but for whatever reason I can't do at the moment. It may be a render of a beautiful woman that I have met or a character from a book. With a little work I can make reasonable a facsimilty of a person from memory and with a couple of photographs (and a lot of time)I can make a 3d digital clone. But..... I do not consider myself an artist, more like a good technician, I have issues with composition, color selection and such. Through obervation over the years I have gained some understanding of how light and shadow play into photographic images and have learned to try and duplicate that in my work. I also enjoy playing with the different capabilities of computer graphics sotware hence the reason I consider my work more technical.
The best part to me is that as I am manipulating a character and touching up the images, it is like I am really doing these things in reality in my mind. If I am creating an image of a girl being crucified, then in my mind I am feeling sadistic. If I am doing an image of a stripper then it is like I am in the club getting a lap dance.
Until they create a video game that allows me to do all of these things in high resolution I will be playing with Poser and Gimp, all in all the fun is in the work.

Welcome to the club, Mermaidhunter! excellent work to start, and you've blended that 3D man into the scene really well. Nice whip marks in the second pic.

You're doing great technical work but the problem with manips is that the girl's facial expression rarely matches what is being done to her. I guess that's why Damian used Makar's photos for his raw material.

Back
Top Bottom