Together

Go to CruxDreams.com
What on earth, in heaven or the ten thousand well mapped hells is that?
It is a high tech ballista, designed by Repertor, praefectus fabrum in the Roman Army.
A detailed descripion of the device can be found in Marcus Vitruvius Pollio's manuscript "De Architectura Libri Decem".
vitruvius1807bd1.jpg De architectura is important for its descriptions of many different machines used for engineering structures, such as hoists, cranes, and pulleys, as well as war machines such as catapults, ballistae, and siege engines.

How old ARE you Dottie?

Connie Francis ???

:doh:

Hi Sis , Connie Francis is the one you can get from You Tube
but my Mum sang that song to me when i was feeling low
or sorry for myself, her version on the record player was by
Joe Loss And His Orch. on the HMV label with the dog looking
into the gramophone horn, and if you dropped it,it broke.
but that song has always stuck with me ,the time in my life
when i was an innocent young girl. how times have changed.

"On your feet!" screams the Optio, veins bulging on his forehead. Several legionaries spring forward brandishing whips, in case there might be any resistance.

I rise to a standing position ... partly on my own, partly yanked to my feet by the coffle rope around my neck as the man next to me rises more quickly. Someone down the line grumbles a protest and is dealt with quickly and harshly.

I look away from the violence, directing my gaze down the road. Everything appears nearly ready for us. A detail of soldiers has just finished unearthing and lifting the heavy crosses and laying them down on the ground ready to receive their next victims. Another detail has just arrived on the scene ... our executioners ... a rather grim-looking bunch, abundantly equipped with bundles of rope, hammers and leather pouches bulging with nails.

I am approached by two of them, young and strapping, grinning broadly at the prospect of what they are about to do. I recognize the first, and turn my head in the hope that he might not recognize me.

"You again!" He snarls.

Apparently he hasn't forgotten who kneed him the night before, nor the humiliation he must have felt as he watched, doubled over and holding his groin, while his comrades-in-arms enjoyed having their way with me and the other women. As they took turns, yelling lustily and joking among themselves, they needled him mercilessly for allowing a mere slave girl like me to get away with such an obvious and debilitating trick.

"I'll handle this one!" He announces to his mate as he grabs a fistful of my hair and yanks me toward him. "You get the other bitch."

Holding me upright and in place by my hair, he uses his free hand to remove the coffle rope from my neck and strip me to the waist. He then proceeds to maul my bared breasts, pinching and mashing them, until his comrade returns with the other girl in tow. I grimace and hold my breath but resist the urge to react in any way.

"What say, Lucretius," roars his friend, his face mirthful. "You are going to make that one pay dearly for what she did to you last night, by the looks of it."

"Yes, as the Gods be my witness, Markus! This cunt will rue the day she tangled with me before this day is over!" he replies, pulling and twisting my nipple viciously between finger and thumb until I gasp and cry out in pain, despite my resolution to be stoic and not react to whatever he may do to me.

"See! She likes it!" shouts Lucretius, looking around for his audience, but finding only the Optio standing nearby. His face falls, and he releases his grip on my nipple.

"Stop messing around!" snarls the Optio. "You know your assignment. The next time I look, I want to see those two dancing together on a cross."

"Right, move you two!" growls Markus, taking charge and giving me and the other girl a shove out onto the road. "Come on Lucretius. Let's go find a nice sturdy cross to crucify the two of them together on, shall we? A challenge, wouldn't you say? A bit out of the ordinary, what? Just how does one go about nailing a pair of little whores like these two to the same cross, anyway? Any ideas?"

TO BE CONTINUED

"You again!" He snarls.

Apparently he hasn't forgotten who kneed him the night before, nor the humiliation he must have felt as he watched, doubled over and holding his groin, while his comrades-in-arms enjoyed having their way with me and the other women. As they took turns, yelling lustily and joking among themselves, they needled him mercilessly for allowing a mere slave girl like me to get away with such an obvious and debilitating trick.

"I'll handle this one!" He announces to his mate as he grabs a fistful of my hair and yanks me toward him. "You get the other bitch."
In the series "Barb's Smart Moves." Episode 324....:doh:;)

"On your feet!" screams the Optio, veins bulging on his forehead. Several legionaries spring forward brandishing whips, in case there might be any resistance.

I rise to a standing position ... partly on my own, partly yanked to my feet by the coffle rope around my neck as the man next to me rises more quickly. Someone down the line grumbles a protest and is dealt with quickly and harshly.

I look away from the violence, directing my gaze down the road. Everything appears nearly ready for us. A detail of soldiers have just finished unearthing and lifting the heavy crosses and laying them down on the ground ready to receive their next victims. Another detail has just arrived on the scene ... our executioners ... a rather grim-looking bunch, abundantly equipped with bundles of rope, hammers and leather pouches bulging with nails.

I am approached by two of them, young and strapping, grinning broadly at the prospect of what they are about to do. I recognize the first, and turn my head in the hope that he might not recognize me.

"You again!" He snarls.

Holding me upright and in place by my hair, he uses his free hand to remove the coffle rope from my neck and strip me to the waist. He then proceeds to maul my bared breasts, pinching and mashing them, until his comrade returns with the other girl in tow. I grimace and hold my breath but resist the urge to react in any way.

"What say, Lucretius," roars his friend, his face mirthful. "You are going to make that one pay dearly for what she did to you last night, by the looks of it."

"Yes, as the Gods be my witness, Markus! This cunt will rue the day she tangled with me before this day is over!" he replies, pulling and twisting my nipple viciously between finger and thumb until I gasp and cry out in pain, despite my resolution to be stoic and not react to whatever he may do to me.

"See! She likes it!" shouts Lucretius, looking around for his audience, but finding only the Optio standing nearby. His face falls, and he releases his grip on my nipple.

"Stop messing around!" snarls the Optio. "You know your assignment. The next time I look, I want to see those two dancing together on a cross."

"Right, move you two!" growls Markus, taking charge and giving me and the other girl a shove out onto the road. "Come on Lucretius. Let's go find a nice sturdy cross to crucify the two of you together on, shall we? A challenge, wouldn't you say? A bit out of the ordinary, what? Just how does one go about nailing a pair of little whores like these two to the same cross, anyway? Any ideas?"

TO BE CONTINUED
Of course I have ideas on how do two on one cross. I prefer a method that doesn't allow...1 indianhead640x480.jpg

I look away from the violence, directing my gaze down the road. Everything appears nearly ready for us. A detail of soldiers have just finished unearthing and lifting the heavy crosses and laying them down on the ground ready to receive their next victims. Another detail has just arrived on the scene ... our executioners ... a rather grim-looking bunch, abundantly equipped with bundles of rope, hammers and leather pouches bulging with nails.

"You again!" He snarls.

"Right, move you two!" growls Markus, taking charge and giving me and the other girl a shove out onto the road. "Come on Lucretius. Let's go find a nice sturdy cross to crucify the two of you together on, shall we? A challenge, wouldn't you say? A bit out of the ordinary, what? Just how does one go about nailing a pair of little whores like these two to the same cross, anyway? Any ideas?"

TO BE CONTINUED
Thank's for this thrilling continuation!

My idea, as expressed in my last post, is face to face connected with a cornu!

200 crosses in total, not bad!

crucifixion-many-rebels-roman.jpg

I start down the road, glad to be temporarily free of Lucretius and his groping hands. Markus leads the way. The other girl falls in behind me. Lucretius brings up the rear.

The entire roadway is a beehive of activity. Prisoners and soldiers everywhere ... the former being driven to their waiting crosses, the latter busying themselves with the task of crucifying their charges.

After a short distance, Markus calls a halt. He points to a cross lying in the ditch, and proclaims it suitable for our use. The girl and I are ordered into the ditch and told to sit down near the cross while our handlers debate how to proceed.

"I say we nail them to the cross one on top of the other," says Lucretius, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "That should do the trick."

"Well, if we do that ... ummmm .... won't that put too much weight on one side?" answered Lucretius, eyeing me thoughtfully.

"I think it should be alright, the question is whether to have them facing each other or both facing the road."

"No, I think we should do it back-to-back, one of them on each side of the cross."

"Then how will we nail the second one? We will already have one nailed to the side facing up. How will we get the second one underneath the damn thing?"

It was pretty obvious this discussion was going nowhere soon, so I turned my attention to the girl with whom I will share the cross. Up until now I had studiously ignored her. No point in getting to know someone who will soon be dead.

"What if we set the cross on it's side?" suggests Markus.

"How will we support it while we nail them to it?" questions Lucretius.

The girl appears dirty and disheveled. Her hair is matted and snarled, and half hides her down-turned face. She sits bent forward with her knees drawn up, arms bound behind her back. Like me, they have stripped her to the waist. Her breasts are pressed against her thighs.

Meanwhile the work of crucifying 200 prisoners is proceeding quickly. From up and down the road come the shouts and orders of the legionary execution crews ... the ring of hammers striking iron nails, and the screams and howls of victims. A number of crosses had already been raised, and others are going up.

Fortunately for us our executioners are still arguing over how to proceed.

I decide to try to get the other girl's attention. I stretch out one leg and nudge her flank with my toes. She starts at the touch, slowly raises her head, shakes her hair from her eyes and regards me curiously. I force a smile ... of sorts. She responds, cute smile lines framing her mouth.

"I think we should go back to the idea of one on top of the other," proclaims Markus.

"I disagree," says Lucretius waving his hands in the air.

Suddenly the sun is blotted out. A shadow falls over us. The Optio has returned!

"Futuo!" he explodes. "You idiots! What the fuck do you think you are doing? You have accomplished nothing. Stop gabbing and get on with it! You are making the whole Centuria look bad!'

Markus and Lucretius snap to attention, looking sheepish and offering a babble of explanation.

"Enough! Crucify these two! And do it fast!" he snaps, cutting them off and turning on his heel to stomp off.

"Shit!" says Markus.

I hear the Optio mutter darkly to himself as he crosses the road to inspect a newly raised cross, "Next time someone orders me to decimate the rank and file .... "

TO BE CONTINUED

I start down the road, glad to be temporarily free of Lucretius and his groping hands. Markus leads the way. The other girl falls in behind me. Lucretius brings up the rear.

The entire roadway is a beehive of activity. Prisoners and soldiers everywhere ... the former being driven to their waiting crosses, the latter busying themselves with the task of crucifying their charges.

After a short distance, Markus calls a halt. He points to a cross lying in the ditch, and proclaims it suitable for our use. The girl and I are ordered into the ditch and told to sit down near the cross while our handlers debate how to proceed.

"I say we nail them to the cross one on top of the other," says Lucretius, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "That should do the trick."

"Well, if we do that ... ummmm .... won't that put too much weight on one side?" answered Lucretius, eyeing me thoughtfully.

"I think it should be alright, the question is whether to have them facing each other or both facing the road."

"No, I think we should do it back-to-back, one of them on each side of the cross."

"Then how will we nail the second one? We will already have one nailed to the side facing up. How will we get the second one underneath the damn thing?"

It was pretty obvious this discussion was going nowhere soon, so I turned my attention to the girl with whom I will share the cross. Up until now I had studiously ignored her. No point in getting to know someone who will soon be dead.

"What if we set the cross on it's side?" suggests Markus.

"How will we support it while we nail them to it?" questions Lucretius.

The girl appears dirty and disheveled. Her fair hair is matted and snarled, and half hides her down-turned face. She sits bent forward with her knees drawn up, arms bound behind her back. Like me, they have stripped her to the waist. Her breasts are pressed against her thighs.

Meanwhile the work of crucifying 200 prisoners is proceeding quickly. From up and down the road come the shouts and orders of the legionary execution crews ... the ring of hammers striking iron nails, and the screams and howls of victims. A number of crosses had already been raised, and others are going up.

Fortunately for us our executioners are still arguing over how to proceed.

I decide to try to get the other girl's attention. I stretch out one leg and nudge her flank with my toes. She starts at the touch, slowly raises her head, shakes her hair from her eyes and regards me curiously. I force a smile ... of sorts. She responds, cute smile lines framing her mouth.

"I think we should go back to the idea of one on top of the other," proclaims Markus.

"I disagree," says Lucretius waving his hands in the air.

Suddenly the sun is blotted out. A shadow fall over us. The Optio has returned!

"Futuo!" he explodes. "You idiots! What the fuck do you think you are doing? You have accomplished nothing. Stop gabbing and get on with it! You are making the whole Centuria look bad!'

Markus and Lucretius snap to attention, looking sheepish and offering a babble of explanation.

"Enough! Crucify these two! And do it fast!" he snaps, cutting them off and turning on his heel to stomp off.

"Shit!" says Markus.

I hear the Optio mutter darkly to himself as he crosses the road to inspect a newly raised cross, "Next time someone orders me to decimate the rank and file .... "

TO BE CONTINUED
Well, I've always wondered how it was done... seems I'll have to wait a bit longer!

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom