Together

Go to CruxDreams.com
I look at the girl sitting next to me, who appears to be stifling a smirk. She has spirit, I conclude and roll my eyes in return. We are in this together!
Despite the grim fate you and your mysterious companion are about to experience. That part was genuinely cute and got a giggle out me. Nice to see are lovely young heroines share a sweet moment of happiness together, even if it is only for just a moment.
But then I catch sight of her. She still sits in the same place, watching. There is something calming about her gaze ... almost as though we are soulmates ... known one another forever.
As horrific as such a sight would be to see someone so lovely beaten and crucified, it's like a mix of watching any other catastrophe and watching a work of art be created- try as you might you just can't look away. Especially in this case since this other woman is about to be mercilessly crucified as well. As for right now I can only imagine how the soilders intended on doing this. Brace yourself my dear. The suffering will only magnify and intense from here, you it is not just yours to endure alone.

The Optio's veiled reference to decimation has its desired affect. I can tell by the wide-eyed, open-mouth way that Lucretius and Markus look at one another. Moments later they spring into action.

"Hurry!" shouts Markus, pointing at me. "Let's start by getting this one nailed to the wood!"

"Righto!" enthuses Lucretius as he gathers up rope and hammer. He rushes toward me, but momentarily distracted by a shrieking young woman being raised on the cross next to ours, he trips over his own feet and takes an inglorious tumble that lands him in the muddy ditch bottom.

"Damn fools!" groans the Optio from the roadside.

I look at the girl sitting next to me, who appears to be stifling a smirk. She has spirit, I conclude and roll my eyes in return. We are in this together!

Lucretius, however, recovers faster than I might have anticipated. I gasp as a muddy paw firmly grips my arm from behind and drags me to my feet.

"Let's go," he hisses, propelling me towards Markus and the waiting cross.

Markus catches me as I stumble forward, deftly spins me about and uses a knife to sever the cord that binds my wrists behind my back.

A fist in the stomach follows, bringing me to my knees gasping for air. Then they have me lying flat on my back against the hard timbered shank of the cross.

Kneeling on either side of me they forcibly extend my arms out along the crossbeam. Two more legionaries appear overhead, ready to assist. Ropes are woven with practiced efficiency through my fingers and thumbs, around my hands and then around the crossbeam wood ... and tightly knotted there so as to hold my hands and wrists in place.

I curse them. Lucretius laughs and straddles me, using his knees to hold my shoulders in place. His foul breath assaults my flared nostrils. Panic stricken, I shake my head from side to side. Mud drips from his forehead as he holds me down, spattering on my chin, neck and mounded breasts.

Rushing around, Markus pushes one of the helping legionaries aside and squats near my right hand. He grips a rusty iron spike in one hand and a hammer in the other. With a look of intense concentration, he moves the point of the spike about on my wrist, searching for the right spot.

I continue to curse. I kick ineffectually with my my legs and feet.

But then I catch sight of her. She still sits in the same place, watching. There is something calming about her gaze ... almost as though we are soulmates ... known one another forever.

I lock eyes with hers and stop my struggling.

The point of the spike is pressed home, pricking my skin.

"This is it," I think, taking a deep breath and maintaining the mesmerizing lock of my eyes on hers.

I sense movement ... and then ...

TO BE CONTINUED
Bravo, a beautiful continuation!!

A pity however that you did not find your soulmate earlier in life............but better late than never!

Have a pleasant and painful time on your cross! ;)

img-1464667485.jpg

April or July

Something in your eye

Budding fruit

Just time

Distance and shapes and experiences

The weather ... The weather

Helpless

Undone.

:(

Bravo, a beautiful continuation!!

A pity however that you did not find your soulmate earlier in life............but better late than never!

Have a pleasant and painful time on your cross! ;)

View attachment 513500
That is a classic!

Absolutely nothing can prepare you for the intense lighting bolt of pain that comes with having a rusty nail driven straight through your wrist!

My clever little ploy for stoically enduring the horror of being nailed to a cross by locking eyes with the other girl is shattered, along with my delicate little wrist, by the force of Markus' hammer blow. Shrieking at the top of my lungs, pain and shock drives me completely rigid, legs thrust straight out, heels dug in to the gravelly soil. I would have also bucked and thrown myself away from the source of pain were it not for the dead weight of Lucretius perched astride me with his knees pressed down on my shoulders.

Calming a little, I turn my head and stare in horror at the half-buried spike pinning my wrist to the wood. It's shiny head glints in the sunlight, the encrusting rust having been knocked clear by the hammer blow. Dark red blood oozes from and around the ragged wound, staining the rope binding my hand. My trembling fingers curl grotesquely inward.

I look up just as Markus brings the hammer down a second time to drive the spike home and finish the job. A scream is again forced from my mouth; this time a bit less shrill and ending in a pitiful choking sob.

Markus springs immediate to his feet, stepping over the crossbeam and scrambling around to position himself poised with hammer and nail over my left arm. While he fumbles in his pouch for a second nail, Lucretius eases himself back enough, while still pinning me down, to allow himself a free hand to slap playfully at my breasts, delighting in the way that makes them wobble and jiggle.

"Bastard!" I hiss.

He grins wickedly and does it some more.

Rebellious and independent by nature, I am determined not to let these two louts get the best of me ... so I refocus my attention on the other girl, seeking out once again the magically reassuring depths of her steady gaze into my teary eyes. There is something about her ... something about the beauty and brightness of her eyes, and the seriousness of her expression that attracts me so powerfully. It is as though she is some kind of sorceress who wields the power to reach out ... assist me ... guide me ... calm me through my ordeal.

This time, I am only vaguely aware of the nail being placed against the narrow sinews of my wrist, or of the sudden rush of air, or of Markus' grunt of exertion, as the hammer comes crashing down. The pain, though, is every bit as much as before, but I grit my teeth and never lose sight of her ... my font of strength and endurance.

Only a whimper and a groan escapes my mouth, although tears nearly fill my eyes. Markus needs no second effirt. This time he has buried the nail in a single blow.

Attention now shifts to securing my feet. Markus and Lucretius hasten to their feet and turn their backs to me. Conscious of the Optio watching them, they work quickly, each grabbing a leg, which they force to bend at the knee. I do nothing to resist, my attention willfully directed elsewhere.

A rope is produced to bind my ankles together. A quick heated discussion ensues as to just how they want to nail my feet. Markus wants them placed higher on the wood; Lucretius favors a lower positioning. Markus wins out. A brief rustling about follows as nails are extracted from their respective pouches, and simultaneously pressed against the tops of my feet at a point roughly midway between toes and ankles.

"Ready?" grunts Markus. "ūnus, duo, trēs, Together now!"

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited:
There is something about her ... something about the beauty and brightness of her eyes, and the seriousness of her expression that attracts me so powerfully. It is as though she is some kind of sorceress who wields the power to reach out ... assist me ... guide me ... calm me through my ordeal.
Perhaps she is a sorceress of some sort and the sight of those Roman bastards violating your flesh with rusted metal, has stirred such emotion from her, it's causing her great heartbreak and sympathy. That little nudge with your foot and that little smile you shared with her, must have made a kind impression. She's probably trying to have you focus on her hypnotic eyes, in order to distract you from the horrendous pain. Whether it's some type of actual power she has or not, it unfortunately only does so much. I have a feeling the fear that's also clutching her mind from the sight that's happening right in front of her is forcing the nightmarish realization that she'll very soon be experiencing the same torment soon. All of this is clearly effecting her concentration. All she can do is quickly brace herself for the physical pain and psychological trauma, and mourn for you and her both.

Back
Top Bottom