A Day In The Arena

Go to CruxDreams.com
yes, this goes on being very good - you're succeeding very well in conveying the sensory experience of being crucified - what the victims see, hear, smell, and feel against their naked skin, helping us share your emotional responses to those traumatic sensations - a good balance of 'external' description and 'internal' feeling, without dwelling too much on either. Definitely heading for Archive status!

Eul, you know I have the utmost respect for you and your work. So I would just like to say, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

We worked very hard to get this segment just right and because of your kind and wonderful words, I can now allow myself to believe we have succeeded.

Thank you!

Thank you ! You are a great team.
Nice that you mentioned that the condemned were crucified in different positions. And the Nailing Scene is totally graphic and intense.
I hope that you will write many more stories ! :rolleyes:

Thank you ! You are a great team.
Nice that you mentioned that the condemned were crucified in different positions. And the Nailing Scene is totally graphic and intense.
I hope that you will write many more stories ! :rolleyes:

Thanks again Romanus for the words of praise. We are so glad you enjoyed the scene!!

aha....................

I think I commented during the 'lost' time​
how well that mass-crucifixion scene shows​
how differently male and female bodies hang on their crosses,​
and how differently men and women strive to cope with being crucified -​
because of anatomical differences like shape of the spine (f more curvy)​
angle of pelvis (f more sloping)​
centre of balance (f higher)​
etc. etc.​

I think I commented during the 'lost' time​
how well that mass-crucifixion scene shows​
how differently male and female bodies hang on their crosses,​
and how differently men and women strive to cope with being crucified -​
because of anatomical differences like shape of the spine (f more curvy)​
angle of pelvis (f more sloping)​
centre of balance (f higher)​
etc. etc.​

Interesting point ....I see what you mean Eul ... if one studies the other Quo Vadis scenes closely ... it is sometimes subtle ... but there is a difference...

2.jpg 08.jpg 117769.jpg 150906.jpg

Women have a pelvis that is broader & larger than the male unorder to allow room for childbirth. This changes the angle of the femurs (Q angle) so that mens legs come straight down where as womens angle inward. You can tell the differnce in the footprints of a man & a woman because the mans feet will tend to form two paralel lines while the womans are along roughly the same line. This is also what gives women that little wiggle in their walk. The pelvic difference would change the way men & women hang on a cross to a slight extent.

Attachments

• pelvis5.jpg
    pelvis5.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 387
  • pelvis1.jpg
    pelvis1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 380
  • q-angle-male-v-female.jpg
    q-angle-male-v-female.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 418
Back
Top Bottom