Art by Riodoro

Go to CruxDreams.com
Love the little detail of the chained naked girl locked in a cage in the background, watching and waiting her turn. Just one of many incredible details that make this image so rewarding :)
Damn... I gotta get my eyes fixed cause I completely missed that. In my defense though, their is a ton of detail to take in.
And I love the design of the cage she's, specifically the spike studded floor. All slave-prisoner cages should have that feature imo.

Thanks, @wulf and @montycrusto. I must say I am quite pleased with this one. :D Sometimes a pic just works... The girl in the background was added last when it was almost done. I noticed a big dark hole right in the center of the top half of the image so I tried different options to fill it. The girl in the cage worked best, plus it adds another layer to the story the pic is telling which is a bonus. This is a good example of the way I work, using poser kind of like a shoebox diorama: I'm building most of the props myself and then start with a figure or group of figures (here it's Marguerite and the rack) as a centerpiece and one by one add more figures and props to the scene. Then I shuffle them around and try different camera perspectives until I'm pleased with the overall composition. The result can feel a little static sometimes, but I think in this case it worked out well. Unfortunately this is also a laborious and slow way of doing things and so it may be a little while until the next one is posted. I think it will be a cruxifiction scene - it's the crux forums after all...

Thanks, @wulf and @montycrusto. I must say I am quite pleased with this one. :D Sometimes a pic just works... The girl in the background was added last when it was almost done. I noticed a big dark hole right in the center of the top half of the image so I tried different options to fill it. The girl in the cage worked best, plus it adds another layer to the story the pic is telling which is a bonus. This is a good example of the way I work, using poser kind of like a shoebox diorama: I'm building most of the props myself and then start with a figure or group of figures (here it's Marguerite and the rack) as a centerpiece and one by one add more figures and props to the scene. Then I shuffle them around and try different camera perspectives until I'm pleased with the overall composition. The result can feel a little static sometimes, but I think in this case it worked out well. Unfortunately this is also a laborious and slow way of doing things and so it may be a little while until the next one is posted. I think it will be a cruxifiction scene - it's the crux forums after all...
Fine art can't be rushed, and your work is definitely worth waiting for.

I noticed a big dark hole right in the center of the top half of the image so I tried different options to fill it
You have a good feeling for composition, I think that’s a really good thing. I’ve been known to chuck in a rat or two, just to balance the composition out a bit! I like the way you showed us the equipment first, and separately, so that when the full composition arrived, it was easier to grasp exactly what was going on! :D

You have a good feeling for composition, I think that’s a really good thing. I’ve been known to chuck in a rat or two, just to balance the composition out a bit! I like the way you showed us the equipment first, and separately, so that when the full composition arrived, it was easier to grasp exactly what was going on! :D

Rat.jpg

Ha, I know exactly what you mean. Rats can be so useful ;)

View attachment 1276813

Ha, I know exactly what you mean. Rats can be so useful ;)
your work is extremely interesting! not only is it exciting, but you also use some pretty fancy torture props!

may i ask are the torturers your job? or can they be found somewhere??

thanks, and please keep up the awesome pictures!

your work is extremely interesting! not only is it exciting, but you also use some pretty fancy torture props!

may i ask are the torturers your job? or can they be found somewhere??

thanks, and please keep up the awesome pictures!
Hi Aluafaen,
thanks, that's a compliment I can give right back to you! I'm a fan of your work.
I still mostly work with Michael 4 and Victoria 4 characters in poser (I once tried for a month to bring daz studio to do what I wanted it to do and failed miserably and so I keep using what I know ;)). The torturers are all M4 characters I bought over time at places like renderosity.com, most of them should still be available somewhere. The monk's robes are "habitus malus" by MortemVetus from RDNA, the torturer's clothes are "renaissance doublet" from XUrge3d. As for the torture props: sometimes I find what I need on the net (davo's stuff on renderotica.com is great) but most of the props I build myself.

Hi Aluafaen,
thanks, that's a compliment I can give right back to you! I'm a fan of your work.
I still mostly work with Michael 4 and Victoria 4 characters in poser (I once tried for a month to bring daz studio to do what I wanted it to do and failed miserably and so I keep using what I know ;)). The torturers are all M4 characters I bought over time at places like renderosity.com, most of them should still be available somewhere. The monk's robes are "habitus malus" by MortemVetus from RDNA, the torturer's clothes are "renaissance doublet" from XUrge3d. As for the torture props: sometimes I find what I need on the net (davo's stuff on renderotica.com is great) but most of the props I build myself.
thanks for the comment...it's amazing that you build most of the torture machines sm...I already tried something similar with daz3d but every time I wanted to make a render, it was an error.

yes, daz3d sucks, there are a lot of bugs that the developers are giving a shit about...

but i have to ask what advantages does the poser have?? I don't use poser, so I'm asking.. can you tell us something??

Well, I'm not sure if I am the right person to answer that. When it comes to 3d-rendering I'm nothing more than a talented amateur and the technical side is really not my strong suit. I mostly work with Poser because I find it easier and more intuitive to use, after many years I know exactly what I need to do and I already bought lots of stuff for it. But Poser is outdated by now. It was basically pushed out of the market by Daz Studio which uses a „razor and blades“ business model by giving the product away for free and making money from selling plug-ins and content. So I don’t know if I can recommend Poser to anyone anymore. The biggest problem is that the newer versions of the Genesis figure (male and female) by daz3d are not compatible with Poser. Every time I see the great Gen8-characters on sale I am tempted to give Daz Studio another try. It’s also just as buggy as Studio. On the other hand I still think Poser has a way better UI, the FireFly renderer is in my experience a lot quicker than Iray, and there is a ton of legacy content for free or little money out there. I also like that I don’t have to deal with Daz’s instaler and can easily arrange my content libraries by just copying files by hand.
After a couple of years where more or less nothing happend with Poser the software was bought by Renderosity in 2019 and they are trying to revive it. If you want to check it out there is a free trial version.
For my props I sometimes use Blender but mostly a very simple open source subdivision modeler called Wings 3D which is good enough for almost everything I need. I then export the model as an obj-file to Poser which works just fine.

Well, I'm not sure if I am the right person to answer that. When it comes to 3d-rendering I'm nothing more than a talented amateur and the technical side is really not my strong suit. I mostly work with Poser because I find it easier and more intuitive to use, after many years I know exactly what I need to do and I already bought lots of stuff for it. But Poser is outdated by now. It was basically pushed out of the market by Daz Studio which uses a „razor and blades“ business model by giving the product away for free and making money from selling plug-ins and content. So I don’t know if I can recommend Poser to anyone anymore. The biggest problem is that the newer versions of the Genesis figure (male and female) by daz3d are not compatible with Poser. Every time I see the great Gen8-characters on sale I am tempted to give Daz Studio another try. It’s also just as buggy as Studio. On the other hand I still think Poser has a way better UI, the FireFly renderer is in my experience a lot quicker than Iray, and there is a ton of legacy content for free or little money out there. I also like that I don’t have to deal with Daz’s instaler and can easily arrange my content libraries by just copying files by hand.
After a couple of years where more or less nothing happend with Poser the software was bought by Renderosity in 2019 and they are trying to revive it. If you want to check it out there is a free trial version.
For my props I sometimes use Blender but mostly a very simple open source subdivision modeler called Wings 3D which is good enough for almost everything I need. I then export the model as an obj-file to Poser which works just fine.
wow, you are definitely not an amateur!! damn man, your works are really well thought out, and I have to say that you can easily beat me with those torture devices!

daz3d really annoys me, with the fact that I have a perfectly prepared scene, and I want to render, and boom...error, and start again moron...and the creators of daz3d are not able to simply optimize daz3d so that this happens as little as possible...heh

anyway, we really like your work!

wow, you are definitely not an amateur!! damn man, your works are really well thought out, and I have to say that you can easily beat me with those torture devices!

daz3d really annoys me, with the fact that I have a perfectly prepared scene, and I want to render, and boom...error, and start again moron...and the creators of daz3d are not able to simply optimize daz3d so that this happens as little as possible...heh

anyway, we really like your work!
Yep, that happens to me as well from time to time - and it sucks! We are leading a hard life in the 3d-render salt mines ;)
Thanks for your kind words, @Aluafaen et Rimmon Ra

Back
Top Bottom