Burned at the stake

Go to CruxDreams.com
I am thinking about Jedda’s crucifixion masterpiece story “The Throwaway Girl”, and his amazing description of the modern day institutional preparations for the girl’s execution. Shaving her, measuring and fitting her for the sedil, taking x-rays and marking locations for where the nails would go. Giving her IV stimulants to enhance her pain.

I would love to try and imagine what modern preparations for execution by burning could entail.

I am thinking of @mobius comic that feature a burning execution using gas flames in a correctional facility setting. I wish there was a story to go along with these images detailing what preparation for the fire a girl would need to undergo.

I might try my hand and write something. Some thoughts would be to shave, and maybe rub some type of lotion on the skin that does nothing to dull the pain, but maybe makes the burning last longer and smell nicer.

Another idea would be to paint the girls faces, maybe even with just mascara, so that as they cry the paint runs down their face.

Maybe make them wear a type of ball gag that changes the sounds of their screems to something humiliating, like a cat meow or duck quacking. Or maybe have them breathing in helium to pitch their screams to a hilariously high pitch.

IMG_3698.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day to all. I am publishing the last drawing from the series, which was made by the artist at my request. In this photo, the fire is already quite hot. I think that the woman's suffering when burned over a regular fire (not a slow fire) would most likely look like what is shown in the photo. Or something like that... There were doubts whether it was worth drawing, since the visualization was complete horror. But it was decided - so be it.

As promised, the figure of an executioner has been added to the photo. However, it is not entirely clear what the executioner is doing. There is no point in stirring firewood in a fire that is stacked.

When I asked the artist about this, he said that he didn’t really know. Let's say the executioner decided to remove the ladder that had been forgotten. Because it's a useful prop. Well, let the executioner be in the photo. This gives the scene authenticity.

There are also inaccuracies. In particular, the woman sentenced to burning wears a bra. It is clearly visible through the fabric of the white dress. I didn't pay attention to this little detail earlier. The model who took part in the photo shoot was wearing underwear, and this can be seen through the dress.

The next inaccuracy is that the hair is not on fire in the photo. During a real execution they would already be burning. But for clarity of the drawing, the hair is drawn not yet burning. They fly apart because the woman turns her head too much. This is done in order to give the scene some dynamism. Hair flying to the sides is very suitable for this purpose.
Fantasy-Burning-at-the-stake-of-Christina-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom