Crisis at Cruxton Abbey

Go to CruxDreams.com

Barbaria1

Rebel Leader
Staff member
Crisis at Cruxton Abbey

“My love, I’m afraid I’ve a rather serious matter to discuss with you over breakfast this morning,” said Lord Wragg, somewhat hesitantly, as he busily slathered a healthy Paddington Bear sized dollop of orange marmalade onto a slice of toast.

“Oh dear!” You’re not about to tell me that that clumsy girl, Barb, has managed to break yet another of my priceless Ming Dynasty vases! If she has, it’ll be forty strokes of the cane on her tight little bottom and two days solitary with only bread and water and sans clothing in one of those dreadful cellar cages for her! This has just got to stop!”

IMG_5888.jpeg

“No, no … it’s not that. As a matter of fact, Barb hasn’t broken anything of real value now for nearly a fortnight.”

“Well then, if it’s a problem with the female staff, and the problem isn’t Barb, what could it possibly be? Indeed, since we took on that Scottish girl, @Eulalia , to head up Cruxton’s female staff, they’ve all been remarkably well behaved. Compliant, respectful, and remarkably well-trained when it comes to presenting themselves properly for punishment after they’ve done something wrong … hands behind head, kneeling with bums bared, and all that … at times they even seem to relish the cane … that is, of course, with the notable exception of Barb.”

“Yes, our Barb certainly counts as an exception. But no, my sweet, staff discipline is not the issue.”

“Well, my love, what then could it possibly be? It’s not that new girl, @Darkprincess69 , is it? I’ve noticed she has an eye for the other girls. And I dare say I’ve seen evidence of her having shared her bed with some of them. It’s usually late at night after I’ve retired and lie awake listening. Now, mind you, those small beds in the servant’s quarters upstairs can be quite noisy in a creaky sort of way if one doesn’t lie still on them … and it’s come to my attention lately that I often hear quite a lot of creaking going on up there, along with some very loud gasping and squealing. I try not to notice, of course.”

“No, no! Nothing at all to do with staff, my love. The problem I wish to raise with you this morning is strictly financial.”

“Financial? The staff isn’t demanding a raise in wages?”

“No, as I’ve said, it’s not about the staff nor their wages per se. Having nothing better to do late last night, and feeling quite restless, you see, I was sitting up on my four-poster going over the accounts, and to put it directly and succinctly, I discovered, much to my dismay, that we’re bloody broke! And with expenses coming in, along with various overdue accounts and the soon to arrive bill for this year’s Council Tax on the property, I arrived at the conclusion that something quite drastic must be done!”

“Heavens! You’re not saying that Cruxton Abbey must be put up for sale, are you darling? How horrible! I simply couldn’t bear it! What will people think!”

“Well, I certainly hope not. But our situation is perilous, and we must make due haste, I’m afraid, in finding new revenues and ways to cut expenses, or it could well come to that.”

“Perhaps, this is too large a problem to tackle all on our own. We should bring in an outside expert. You know, a consultant of some kind?”

“Now there’s an idea!”

“Do we know of anyone, who is good with money?”

“Well, when it comes to money they say the Germans are quite good with it!”

“Excellent! Well then, Wraggie, suppose we consider bringing in for consultation our good friend, the Graf von Kreuzigung. I’m certain @Loxuru would have some sensible suggestions as to how we might increase revenue, cut expenses, and save our home.”

TBC

Last edited:
Barb hasn’t broken anything of real value now for nearly a fortnight.
I enjoy the fiction on this website :D

“Excellent! Well then, Wraggie, suppose we consider bringing in for consultation our good friend, the Graf von Kreuzigung. I’m certain Loxoru would have some sensible suggestions as to how we might increase revenue, cut expenses, and save our home.”
Thank the Good Lord for that! For a ghastly moment I thought she was going to suggest opening the place up to the riffraff public! :eek:

hank the Good Lord for that! For a ghastly moment I thought she was going to suggest opening the place up to the riffraff public! :eek:
Isn’t that what usually happens to these big old country homes? I think the big issue is how one goes about marketing the old pile as a tourist attraction.

Isn’t that what usually happens to these big old country homes? I think the big issue is how one goes about marketing the old pile as a tourist attraction.
Roll up! Roll up! Finest dungeons in the National Trust! Naked girls on the rack!

The queue would go right the way along Cruxton High Sreet! :eek:

Since it is the Germans to whom you wish to turn, and Graf von Kreuzigung is the financial consultant, opening the estate to "certain" customers may be the best option. As no one ever dies on CruxForums, may I suggest that, after Loxoru unscrews the financial mess, The redoubtable Ilsa, the She Wolf be engaged as curator of the Cruxton Abbey dungeons?

Oooh... the thought gives me the shivers and makes my oil leak. ;) I might engage to spend a loooong vacation at Cruxton.

I'm honored,:enamorado: but curious how that will turn out!:roto2palm: ;)

Honored??? Only curious??? We’re counting on you to come up with a plan! :)

1. Cruxton Abbey staff in the dungeon for training.

2. Pay-per-view live streaming.

3. Problem solved.

Stop reading ahead! :rolleyes:

“Heavens! You’re not saying that Cruxton Abbey must be put up for sale, are you darling? How horrible! I simply couldn’t bear it! What will people think!”
Good Lord! Mustn't sell off the old family estate. Good idea to bring in the Germans. If Deutsche Bank could keep Trump afloat, this should be a walk in the park. :D

I love it that Barb is joining the Cruxton Historical Society here with a new story. Can't wait to see what happens. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
You do realise the place is haunted?

:lupie:

(If only by a phantom Riesling snatcher :doh: )
Well, I also tend to make the odd visit. Never quite sure why people always find that alarming. :devil:

Honored??? Only curious??? We’re counting on you to come up with a plan! :)
Moment mal, bitte! Give me time to think about a solid ("gruntliches") plan!:roto2cafe:

What could work, for instance, is optimalisation of the workload of the Cruxton Abbey female staff!:azote:

I have noticed, for instance, that, currently, the female staff serves only one beer at the time.
crux1.jpg

Practice in Germany shows, that this rate could be strongly enhanced :
spaten.jpg

This brings me to the idea of raising funds by organising an Oktoberfest at Cruxton Abbey. I assume, there must be some tract of waistland near the site, where we can put up a huge tent, with collapsible benches and tables. It's still July, so I think it can be done before October to fix it all, including barrels and barrels of beer! If it works, it could save Lord and Lady Wragg the embarassment of having to open their housings for public

You could also rent out the Cruxton Abby torture chambers to a hand-picked audience for four hours at a time. Of course, only well-known people and for a reasonable price.​

:azote:

Roll up! Roll up! Finest dungeons in the National Trust! Naked girls on the rack!

The queue would go right the way along Cruxton High Sreet! :eek:
Current National Trust policies might favour 'Come to Cruxton Abbey and Experience Enslavement!'

Another solid story from barb. This is eulalia as the female staff lead

View attachment 1503214
Watch it! Barb's not the only one with a demerits button - eul may not use it so often, but when she does, they don't forget in a hurry! :devil:

a loooong vacation
a long vacation on the loo? :p

The Stately Homes of England
We proudly represent,
We only keep them up for
Americans to rent,
Though the pipes that supply the bathroom burst
And the lavatory makes you fear the worst,
It was used by Charles the First
Quite informally,
And later by George the Fourth
On a journey north.