Go to CruxDreams.com
39_tied to a frame - by Montycrusto.jpeg
Ok I was completely wrong about which drawing you were going to use! An excellent and very painful chapter; I like the way the ordeals are spaced apart enough to allow some recovery time in the cage. :thumbsup:

Ok I was completely wrong about which drawing you were going to use! An excellent and very painful chapter; I like the way the ordeals are spaced apart enough to allow some recovery time in the cage. :thumbsup:
Thank you for your many, beneficial feedback, Monty!
How are you supposed to know which pictures I choose of yours, as long as you don't really know my story?
In any case, the framework you designed for flogging from the front with a poor girl tied on is a great idea!
Since a long time I've been wanting to describe this picture using a concrete situation. I finally got around to it ;)

Chapter 10 – What happened in the Meantime?

This is a fairy tale, not a never-ending story, so I'm slowly coming to a conclusion. Flower of the Forest has been long enough locked in her cage and she has suffered much sorrow, humiliation, abuse, pain and distress. It's time to bring on a decision about her fate… But first let's look back!

Soon after Nawahiwu left on her mission, a spy came to Xanthu with a depressing message for King Nupur. He had heard of Lord Rogart's plans to kidnap the princess. The king and father was very worried and sent out two swift rangers to catch up and warn Nawahiwu.

On their way through the woods, the men met Lydnur, who reported to them that the princess had already been kidnapped, but he himself had escaped the attackers... The kidnappers, however, were too many to free Nawahiwu with only three men who hardly carried weapons. So the three men rushed back to the king to bring the bad news. But Lydnur had secretly slipped away the following night.

Nupur was desperate and horrified. He hastily called together the best strategists in his country to ask their advice. These urged the king to act quickly, as long as Lord Rogart did not expect a reaction from Xanthu. But his actions should go unnoticed...

Message soon reached the king from traveling merchants that Princess Myra alias Nawahiwu was being held at Rinval Fort, imprisoned in a hanging cage in front of the castle walls. This made it clear that liberation would be extremely difficult.

Seven experienced fighters with good local knowledge were carefully selected, along with the two assassins Gaibra and Hysira. So they were nine; that was considered a lucky number. It was their job to set off secretly on the direct route to Rinval to free the princess, even if it would cost their own life.

In order not to attract attention, the group split up; alone or in pairs they went their own way and well disguised as craftsmen, traders or farmers. But every evening they met in the dark at an agreed place to discuss plans for liberation.

They used horses or donkeys with small carts to move faster and to hide their weapons. But it was a long way to Rinval Fortress. When they finally got there, Gaibra and Hysira, disguised as peasant women, had to find out more about the sad situation of the princess and investigate the number and placement of the guards.

When her friends found out how cruel and brutal Nawahiwu was being treated there, it ignited their determination and anger. But the prospects for her liberation were dim: There were many guards and a whole garrison of warriors was stationed in Rinval. Also, the princess's cage was made of solid iron; it could take hours to break it open without a key. So there seemed to be only one way that had any hope of succeeding, guards and soldiers had to be taken out without a fight.

The two assassins came up with a plan. They bought three kegs of good beer from a brewer. They offered it to the fortress commander to try and at a very reasonable price - because they wanted to get into business. But only the sample contained the good, unchanged beer. They refined the beer barrels with a clear broth of hallucinogenic mushrooms and tiring tubers of the ‘sleepy plant’. These ingredients even improved the taste of the beer...

They were lucky; the captain happily agreed to the deal and bought the three kegs of beer. "The hunters have come down from the mountains with game, and we have your beer... There's cause for celebration tonight!"

The liberators had to stake everything on this card. They had to hope that their beer was drunk by as many guards and soldiers as possible that evening. Luckily, the additions to the beer worked slowly, so it would be deep night before the men could realize that something was wrong with the beer...

Then it would be too late, they would sleep drunk, with devastating effects on the defense readiness of Rinval fortress.

And in the evening they could hear guards and soldiers celebrating, eating and drinking. Only the poor princess in her cage could not find any joy...

42_dangerous beer - by Rupert.jpg
Dangerous ingredients in beer that are said to have a devastating effect on the fighting power of the garrison inside Rinval Fortress... But will the daring plan succeed?

Chapter 11 – The Morning dawns

When Nawahiwu woke up in the night, she was amazed to find her cage being lowered very slowly. The two assassins had just scaled the wall above her and started the winch with the chain for the cage. A little later one of the two women let herself down on the supply rope from above to the princess before she had reached the ground.

"I'm Gaibra," she said to the puzzled girl in the cage. "We have come to free you, but it must be done very quickly... We need to know where to find the keys to the cage door and your anklet."

"Oh, the keys... I'm afraid I don't know for sure, but the captain must have them with him."

A little later, the princess was on the ground but still locked behind heavy iron bars, while Hysira also lowered herself to her on the rope.

Nawahiwu hastily explained to the two women where to find the captain's quarters. "But he won't be alone..." she said worried.

"We are assassins; our job is to kill enemies unnoticed who stand in our way... And most of the guards are sound asleep from the beer we sold them quite cheaply... We've also killed the gate guards half asleep."

43_Assassine Gaibra.jpg 44_Assassine Hysira.jpg
Gaibra and Hysira, two assassins – a silent but deadly night attack...

And the two women were gone again. For this, two fighters stood guard at the cage and greeted their princess in a friendly manner, who continued to watch what was happening helplessly. The tension she felt was unbearable.

Gaibra and Hysira found the sleeping troop leader along with three of his cronies. Before they could notice anything, they were already dead. The whole room was searched in a hurry. With a bit of luck and with a lot of experience discovering hiding places, they found the keys for the door and for the chain.

As dawn was just breaking, Nawahiwu was freed and armed again.

"Quick, princess, before it gets light we have to go!"

"No, Lord Rogart is still waiting for my visit, I owe him a farewell!"

"This is madness; it endangers your escape and our mission!"

But the princess was undeterred. While five men kept watch in the inner courtyard of the fortress and at the gate, she entered the castle with the two assassins and two warriors. They slipped past sleeping guards and searched the corridors, dimly lit by oil lamps, for the ruler's bedchamber. Five personal guards, forbidden to drink beer but not very vigilant, were taken out of the way one by one and killed almost silently.

Nawahiwu stood in front of the ruler's bedchamber, heart pounding. Determined, she yanked open the door and stormed into the room with a torch.

The man woke with a start, but by the time he recognized the danger and reached for his dagger, he was overwhelmed. The princess greeted him with the words: "Before I go, I want to thank you for your hospitality, Lord Rogart!"

"GUARDS!" His short yell was cut off as his mouth was gagged. He really didn't understand how the girl had freed herself, all the more he felt afraid.

"You're a thief! Where did you hide my grandmother's elf jewelry that was stolen from me?" Nawahiwu held her knife to the man's ear and was determined to cut it off as well. Anxiously, Lord Rogart pointed to a drawer in his cabinet. While the princess hastily searched for her jewelry, which she found wrapped in a leather cloth along with a pouch of her gold pieces, the man's hands were tied behind his back.

They quickly dragged the ruler in his nightgown out of the room, through the corridors and out of the castle, while he was threatened with a sword in his back and a knife to his neck. The cage was waiting for him outside. Nawahiwu himself pushed him in, put the chain on the left ankle of the trembling man and locked the door. Immediately the cage was pulled up by the two assassins, who were now back on the battlements.

The early morning light was just bright enough to see everything. While looking for the key, Gaibra and Hysira had also found the princess' bow and arrow. Nawahiwu did not hesitate to draw her bow and aim it at Lord Rogart in the cage. She fired three arrows, one of which hit the man’s shoulder. As he tried to turn away, the next arrow hit him in the back. The third arrow bounced off the bars as the man fell to his knees, groaning. The princess immediately rushed under the cage to shoot a fourth arrow through the latrine hole. The ruler was unlucky, because she didn't miss her daring aim; he was hit at his ass.

As the princess ran away, she noticed Lord Rogart convulsing in pain and screaming into his gag. Nawahiwu was sure that this man would bleed to death before he could get help because she now had the keys with her for the cage and the chain.

As feared, the revenge on Lord Rogart had caused some unrest. Then the startled changing of the guard discovered the dead captain and the other guards with their throats cut. Suddenly warriors from the garrison rushed into the fortress square and towards the princess with her liberators. Some attackers seemed quite disoriented from the beer enjoyed under the effect of the added mushrooms. But not everyone had drunk much of the beer and there were too many attackers.

The princess and her liberators hurriedly withdrew and ran to the gate of the fortress, but warriors stood in their way there too, and the escape route was blocked.

45_ready to fight.jpg
The princess takes up her bow and sword to avenge her imprisonment, humiliation, rape, and much pain…

A loud rumble startled everyone. The three mountain trolls had freed themselves from their stable and stormed into the marketplace. Terrified, Nawahiwu aimed her bow at the troll who had raped her. But she knew only a perfect arrow shot could do anything against this beast.

To the surprise of all, the troll got on his knees in front of the princess and growled, "Beautiful woman... Brave girl... Doesn't belong in a cage!" Then he slapped his chest and growled, "Waduri... Waduri," that was his name.

A little later, the three trolls began beating at the approaching warriors, who were still clearly disoriented and retreated quickly. After that, the beasts ran towards the gate of the fortress and drove away the guards posted there with their clubs. The rest of the Alarne warriors just watched in confusion.

So Nawahiwu and her rescuers escaped narrowly but unscathed. The three trolls secured the fortress gate, shutting it behind them and barricading it with flagpoles torn out. A little bit later the strong beasts ran east towards the rising sun and further into the mountains where they had their home.

The princess was deeply touched that Waduri, the dull mountain troll, stood by her in the end and that he and his companions had contributed to the success of her narrow escape... She was even able to forgive him for the great suffering he had caused her.

46_princess freed - by Irenhorrors.jpg
The freed princess rides away in the dawn

The faithful rescuers led Nawahiwu to a hidden place in the forest where they had left their horses and donkeys. The princess hugged each of her warriors and lay particularly warmly in the arms of Gaibra and Hysira, who, as assassins, had ensured her liberation from the cage and had played a major role in punishing Lord Rogart.

But the princess' path did not lead her home to her father. "I still have another mission. I must forge an alliance with Prince Hogur to the east and report to him on what was happening here.”

Rinval Fortress certainly posed no threat at the moment. So she took the two assassins and chose four men to follow her. She sent the other three warriors back to Xanthu to bring her father and king the glad tidings of her liberation.

And so Nawahiwu was still able to fulfill her mission to conclude an alliance with the future king of the Alarnes and to secure peace for both countries...

Is this the end? Not quite yet!

Last edited:
Chapter 12 – Epilogue

This would have brought our fairy tale of Flower of the Forest to a happy ending. And if she didn't die, she's still alive today...

Wait, not so fast! We should still find out how Lord Rogart fared in his cage, then there was a traitor to punish too... And what will happen to Princess Nawahiwu?

After the princess's successful escape and the trolls' outbreak, confusion and chaos reigned in Rinval Fortress. After the incidents in the early morning, the residents and soldiers cursed their ruler and left him severely wounded in his cage.

After all, no one knew where the keys were and no one wanted to expose himself to the direct anger of the ruler. They still feared the tyrant too much. In addition, the Alarnes could neither explain the events of the previous night, nor the strange behavior of the trolls.

Many of them saw the work of the gods in the liberation of the princess and in the punishment of Lord Rogart. And nobody wanted to oppose the divine destiny.

Others believed to have recognized the magical power of the elf-blooded princess, who could control the beasts and subdue the cruel lord with her power. They recognized Nawahiwu as their true ruler, they also abandoned the tyrant.

Lord Rogart bled to death very slowly. He had enough time to think about his own cruelty, which had now turned against himself, in great pain ... until he died in agony to his injuries in the early evening, left alone and locked in his own cage.

Later, the Alarnes left the dead ruler hanging in his cage to rot, for so the princess had demanded and Prince Hogur then ordered. When Hogur became king, he united the Alarne tribes and brought them peace. Nevertheless, later it was said that he was only a small king in the shadow of a great queen who made him king in the first place…

For it was Nawahiwu who woke the hesitant prince with the words, "Do something, reach for the crown that is yours... I’ve already put your adversary out of the way … with great suffering of my own!"

47_forever encaged.jpg
Encaged forever: The remains of Lord Rogart's bones in his own cage. He will no longer be able to enjoy the beautiful view of the lake and the sunset...

Together with Gaibra and Hysira, the princess now pursued the traitor Lydnur. "I'll follow him to the ends of the earth if I have to. I will find him and I will kill the traitor," she swore.

Lyndur must have been hiding somewhere in Alarnes’ country. Nawahiwu found him faster than expected, because he was staying carefree with his family in a remote village. When the princess stood in front of him, he grabbed an ax, but Nawahiwu deftly dodged the dangerous weapon. Lydnur was quickly surrounded by the three women. The princess drew her sword and aimed it at the breast of the traitor who, through his greed, had brought so much suffering to herself and death to her friends.

"You deserved a slow and painful death, Lydnur. But I want to put you out of your miserable life quickly.” She made him tremble in agony for a while, and then thrust her sword into his chest. He sank to the ground and she let him lie carelessly.

Finally, the princess turned to the young, weeping wife of the man she had executed.

"I am very sorry that you had to experience this... But you should choose an honest man and not a traitor... You can keep the blood money Lydnur got from Lord Rogart and make ends meet... I don't want the money!"

Only now Flower of the Forest was really free, she could return home, where her father happily took her in his arms.

48_Flower of the Forrest - by chrisryder123.jpg
Princess Myra freed and happy again as Nawahiwu, the Flower of the Forest

When the king died years later, Nawahiwu was proclaimed Queen Myra by the enthusiastic crowd. This Flower had gone through hell innocently without withering; she had become an avenging warrioress; she found her peace, and had risen to be a wise queen and strong ruler...

Hard fate had woken her up, she didn't need a prince to kiss her awake.

END

Brief reflection on this story

Like a real fairy tale, this story had a halfway happy ending – good is endangered and suffers, but in the end it triumphs and evil is destroyed...

Those who were paying attention have already seen the cage with the dead bones in the title picture, but in the end it wasn't the bones of the princess... A Flower of the Forest does not wither in my fairy tales
:)

Link to cover picture: The Princess and the Cage

The unifying idea behind my stories in the 'Princesses of Xanthu ' series is: A princess must sacrifice herself for her kingdom and her people... But not every sacrifice is fatal!

Thank you for your interest in sharing my fantasy and reading my story!
Thanks also to all the artists whose pictures have given this story much additional expressiveness.
I enjoyed writing this story and finding a way out of a 'hopeless' situation at the end :)

49_Flower of the Forrest - proud queen.jpg 50_Flower of the Forrest - the seductress.jpg
Farewell... Flower of the Forest as a proud queen and as a self-confident seductress

ABBA 1979 – I have a dream:

… If you see the wonder, of a fairy tale
you can take the future, even if you fail…

Rupert

Last edited:
Sayara and the Dragon – an ancient Legend

View attachment 1136768

Brave as a dragon hunter, Princess Sayara wants to meet the dragon Wuhanir, but her fate is rather different

Once upon a time there was a kingdom; there were still wizards and fairies, but also dwarves and dragons. It was only much later, but long before our time, that this realm of legneds and sagas would bear the name of Xanthu.

There reigned Murnis, a wise king, and there was little need. But one day a dragon darkened the sky, burned villages, killed the people and stole the most beautiful girls. The incursions of the dragon were repeated, villages and towns of the country were afflicted one by one and soon poverty, fear and terror reigned.

The king had built great wooden catapults across the country, with bows that could only be drawn by three men to send powerful arrows against the dragon. This enraged the fire being and it only raged all the worse.

Then King Murnis sent messengers to the fairies in the far-off, enchanted forests and to the dwarves in the mountains. "What shall we do, the dragon is devastating our country, but you are spared?" Then the dwarves said: "We know Wuhanir, the dragon, but we find protection and shelter in our mines and caves, it cannot enter there; that's why he leaves us alone.”

But the fairies said: "The dragon leaves us in peace, because we make ourselves invisible to him and because we have no solid houses for him to burn."

Finally, the king's messengers searched for the magician Sigunur, who had retired to the wasteland because he no longer wanted to bother with the quarrels of the people.

"Oh, mighty wizard, can you help us to slay the dragon" "No, my power is not enough to fight the dragon Wuhanir... He would only become angrier... But I can protect myself from its flames, I can go to the dragon mountains, call to Wuhanir and ask him..."

View attachment 1136771
Wuhanir roams the sky as a mighty dragon, eclipsing the sun

And so Sigunur went to the mountains to look for the dragon. Seeing the mighty wings of Wuhanir overhead, he bowed and began to wave. The sorcerer won the dragon's trust and asked what he required in order to spare the southern kingdom. In a language that only a magician understood among humans, the fire being gave him his answer.

He later conveyed the dragon's message to the king's waiting messengers: "Yes, there is a way to placate Wuhanir so that he will leave your kingdom in peace." "What does the dragon require?" "The most beautiful and bravest daughter of the king must sacrifice herself to him... and she has to wear an image of a dragon on her shoulder as a token of her agreement!"

The messengers came to the king with this news, and he was very frightened, because he had three daughters and he loved them all very much. He consulted with his priests and advisers, but they said to him: "To sacrifice one of three daughters for our people to end misery, devastation and death is also a reasonable sacrifice for the king."

With a heavy heart, the king summoned his three daughters to tell them about the dreadful task the dragon was asking them to do. The youngest daughter cried and said, "I'm not brave!" The eldest found another excuse, "I'm not the prettiest of the three of us!"

Then Sayara, the middle sister, spoke up: "We are all beautiful, proud princesses and none of us wants to die at the hands of the terrible dragon. I'd rather fight Wuhanir with lance and shield than sacrifice myself to him... But it wouldn't make sense, so many have tried to fight him before, but the dragon fried them alive with rage... We have dragon catapults and shot at him with big arrows, but the arrows ricocheted off its scales and we couldn't hurt Wuhanir seriously, he just got angrier."

She sighed and looked around. "I don't know if I'm the prettiest among you, but I'm sure I'm the bravest... Even if I'd rather run away, I'll face the victim."

View attachment 1136772
Princess Sayara is willing to sacrifice herself and die, even if she would rather fight

Sayara fought back tears while her sisters and the king cried uncontrollably.

"My people and I accept your sacrifice, Sayara," Murnis finally said, his voice faltering. "Get ready before the dragon burns down another of our villages."

The king sent the princess to a man who was skilled at drawing images on the skin with a needle and paints, to be tattooed on her back, following the sorcerer's advice.

The man stabbed Sayara 's back with a beautiful dragon image, but she felt only pain and little admiration for his artistic work, which she could barely see on her shoulder.

View attachment 1136773
Princess Sayara bound and with the dragon image on her back as a sign that she will sacrifice herself to Wuhanir

And so Sayara had to begin her burdensome journey the very next day. Accompanied by a few courageous men, she sought out the magician Sigunur so that he should describe the way to the Dragon’s Rock.

Their difficult path led them from meadows flooded with light into dense, shady forests far into a narrow gorge, from which they were to climb the rocks up the mountains. There, on the third day of their arduous journey, they would recognize the dragon's eye between the jagged rocks.

The princess and her companions laboriously climbed steep paths higher and higher into the mountains until they reached a large rocky plateau where a cool wind greeted them and where they were to search for the dragon's eye. Sayara didn't want to find this eye at all, but it couldn't be overlooked, because suddenly there was an eerie, small lake between the flat, cracked rocks, which unmistakably resembled a dragon's eye.

View attachment 1136774
A small lake as a dragon eye in the mountains

Behind the small lake they could see the dragon’s rock directly. There was a crevice in the rocks they had to avoid. But then the small crag lay before them, looking like three fingertips. They climbed steep cliffs and, exhausted, reached the rounded summit, on which a small menacing pinnacle formed the actual top.

There the princess had to disrobe in a shameful manner in front of the men who had accompanied her. But she showed as much dignity as possible and kept her proud gaze. Her companions strictly followed the instructions of the sorcerer Sigunur. They tied Sayara's hands behind her back and chained her right foot to the base of the small pointed rock that bore the name 'Dragon’s Rock'. Her companions then hurried away and left the princess helpless, naked and freezing to her fate...

The sun lost strength; a stormy wind picked up and soon blew snowflakes around the naked princess, who looked up worriedly at the sky. She waited a long time and became despondent. Either she would freeze to death chained here on the mountaintop the following night, or before that she would be burned and devoured by the dragon. She was shivering from the cold and hanging her head when she suddenly heard a rustling in the sky and a little later saw the mighty dragon above her.

View attachment 1136777
Naked and freezing at the Dragon Rock, Princess Sayara looks anxiously to the sky
and awaits Wuhanir the dragon

The fire beast made a wide arc in the sky, looked down at the chained princess, and carefully watched for hidden warriors before settling on the crest of the mountain in front of the sharp rock, where Sayara awaited him, helplessly bound and chained.

When the princess saw the huge, terrifying creature, she froze in fear. Finally she plucked up courage, pushing out her breasts and parting her thighs to offer herself to the dragon. Her heart was in her throat and yet she said to the dragon:

“Here I kneel before you, Wuhanir. I am Princess Sayara, the fairest and bravest daughter of King Munir. Accept me as a sacrifice, be no more angry, and spare my people.”

The dragon seemed to check that her chain was well secured and that she was not carrying hidden weapons, but then he stretched his long neck and pushed his head close to the young woman, who was shivering with fear and cold.

He saw her freezing, so he blew his warm breath on Sayara; then looked at her closely, sniffed her body, especially between her legs, and then began licking her with his rough, scaly tongue.

Sayara stayed as calm as her fear would allow. The warmth that the dragon radiated was pleasant, but its smell was intense and repulsive. She shuddered as the dragon licked her between her thighs with his forked, rough tongue. But his tongue wandered inquiringly higher over her stomach to her breasts, the softness of which the fire creature seemed to enjoy.

Sometimes the tips of his tongues played with the hard erect buds of her breasts, sometimes the rough tongues licked and shaped her tender curves. Finally, Wuhanir turned to her face, licking her neck, her cheeks, and even her mouth.

Sayara was pressed against the rock by the dragon's intrusiveness. She felt a strange tingling sensation all over her body. She closed her eyes and almost willingly parted her thighs even more. The princess didn't know how a dragon loved, but this powerful creature seemed to treat her kindly. First warmed and then he licked her like an affectionate dog. In fact, the dragon felt a strange yet deadly affection for this beautiful and brave girl.

Wuhanir seemed to register the princess' reactions closely. Finally he turned back to the crevice between her legs and started licking her pussy. Sayara trembled with fear as with excitement when the tip of a tongue entered her vagina and pushed further into the depths of her lap. With the other tip of its tongue, the dragon continued to lick her vulva.

The princess felt how the dragon aroused her and probably also wanted to arouse her. She closed her eyes again and thought, if I'm about to die, the dragon should at least give me pleasure one last time. So she gave herself to him and his pair of tongues. Soon she was moaning out her long pent-up pleasure and she felt intoxicated by his eager tongues playing with her pussy and vagina with what appeared to be practice.

Sayara twitched her thighs as an intense orgasm washed through her. Wuhanir gave her this last pleasure. The princess was hoping the dragon would spare her. But as she slumped to her knees, panting, he suddenly pulled his head back to stand tall in front of her.

View attachment 1136778
Pleasure is followed by pain, a fiery end is certain for the princess...

Sayara felt the danger, but at the same time she was sunk in bliss. But Wuhanir kindled his dragon fire and blew it against the princess with might and main. He grilled his victim alive before eating her. The suffering of the princess was intense and yet short-lived. The dragon mercifully smothered her in its flames while burning her skin and lungs.

Wuhanir accepted the sacrifice offered to him by Princess Sayara. Leaving Murni's kingdom in peace, he headed north across the high mountains where the steppe peoples lived. Never again was the dragon seen in the south.

END

View attachment 1136779

The land of dragons, wizards, dwarfs and fairies...
A beautiful, peaceful yet threatening place...
Wow. Thank you for this.

I have also included this fairy tale about the Flower of the Forest - Princess in the Cage as a PDF file for you, with all the pictures inserted as appropriate as possible...

Princess in the Cage - title.jpg

Attachments

• The Flower of the Forrest - by Rupert.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom