Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
Remembering Raquel Welch (1940 - 2023).

View attachment 1277357

She is being well remembered here for services to crux, don't worry!
I've posted some pics and links elsewhere on the site so I won't do here.

ok, Friday five

#2 some relief on the cross? Don't know the artist
#3 has an Algabal-style pose, but not to the art

marissa_006_by_superslidesexii_dfo96lz.jpg105257497_p0.jpgcrucifixion_on_a_tree_by_morpho74-db6mm9m.jpgcrucifixion_compa_by_bsolder005-db5zs1r.jpg85427.jpg

Another illustration of Pierre Louÿs' novel, "Aphrodite".
By Renée Ringel (1944)

View attachment 1277113
There is little information available on the internet about Renée Ringel. Apparently, she (I assume, since the female first name) made illustrations for novels, in the style of this crucifixion pic, including more erotic themes; Most work shown, dates from the 1940's.

There is little information available on the internet about Renée Ringel. Apparently, she (I assume, since the female first name) made illustrations for novels, in the style of this crucifixion pic, including more erotic themes; Most work shown, dates from the 1940's.
Tree doesn't speak French but couldn't 'Renee' be male???

Tree doesn't speak French but couldn't 'Renee' be male???
I think René would be the male form. I think Renée is female.
Right! In French, many female first names distinguish from their male form by adding an 'e' at the end : André (m) - Andrée (f), Martin (m) - Martine (f), sometimes with doubling of the consonant : Noël (m) - Noëlle (f), Joël (m) - Joëlle (f).

I think René would be the male form. I think Renée is female.
Right! In French, many female first names distinguish from their male form by adding an 'e' at the end : André (m) - Andrée (f), Martin (m) - Martine (f), sometimes with doubling of the consonant : Noël (m) - Noëlle (f), Joël (m) - Joëlle (f).
Sure! Like Renée Zellweger, for instance...

Renée Ringel is known for having been commissioned in the 40's and 50's by several publishing houses to illustrate soft erotic works: "Claudine" (Colette) "L'art d'aimer" (Brantôme), "Decameron" (Boccaccio), "Metamorphosis" (Ovide)...

Back
Top Bottom