Hornet1ba - My 3d Renderings

Go to CruxDreams.com
I love the way her feet are positioned on the cross here, plus the cross being lower to the crowd leaves me at the mercy of the men and women in attendance. If I ever end up crucified here at cruxforums, this is how I want it to go!
I totally agree!! Only with me i would first want to be kept as a prisoner totally naked for atleast a year, that would only add to the pleasure and suffering in more ways then one lol, then when the day came, I would want the same position too. Only i would want a woman to do the nailing!!! And she would have to take her time nailing me nice and slow and she would have to use the small diameter nails so it hurts less as im a baby for pain lol

Definately hope to see more of your great works soon, and maybe someday you will surprise us and also animate the victims final breath. You don't have to of course, but it would be nice! :)
mp5 already made that : for example , page 55 of this thread , #1085 ...

More to come for sure!
But the weather is too nice right now :)

I usually do this stuff in my basement but when
its sunny outside i tend to stay outside..

But i'm experimenting right now with a new option with Daz Studio 4.11:
"Strand based hair" where you can create your own hair,the first results are
promising on an old 4 year old scene:

Attachments

• Test non strand hair5.jpg
    Test non strand hair5.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 1,217
  • Test strand hair1.jpg
    Test strand hair1.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 1,211
  • Test strand hair5.jpg
    Test strand hair5.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 1,217
Great hair. One thing: blood drips vertically as much as it can. Gravity doesn't pull sideways.
A little experiment for you, Hangnail.

Ensure your forearms are bare,

Make a hollow in the palm of your hand, and put a few mls of water in it.

Keeping your hand carefully horizontal, raise your arm to roughly the angle shown in Hornet's picture, then roll your hand forward, observing where the water runs. It (and blood) stick to the forearm by surface tension. Some flows straight down, sure, but drips run along your forearm to your elbow. Once blood flows in relatively small quantities from a nail wound they will tend to track down the forearm as shown by Hornet.

A Master of running blood is the Hanging Tree, look at his manips

Some flows straight down, sure, but drips run along your forearm to your elbow. Once blood flows in relatively small quantities from a nail wound they will tend to track down the forearm as shown by Hornet.

I tried it.
It first runs vertically to the bottom of the arm/hand, then along the bottom of the arm to the elbow.

Here are some photos.

Attachments

• 077097A.jpg
    077097A.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 1,020
  • bloody_blonde.jpg
    bloody_blonde.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,036
  • Spanner_DSCF7436-2.jpg
    Spanner_DSCF7436-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,153
Last edited:
I tried it.
It first runs vertically to the bottom of the arm/hand, then along the bottom of the arm to the elbow.

Here are some photos.
By Jove, you look good when you strip to the bare elbows, Hangnail! :)
I think it will track along the flexor carpi tendons, too, but you're right, I'm sorry, I thought you meant that it should run straight down from the nail then drop to the ground (or into a waiting grail, if you prefer.)

I tried it.

Here are some photos.

Gravity and surface tension work together as blood flows from the wound.

Test non strand hair5.jpg Might the blood flow look something like this? (My artistry is awful!)

I held my arm up and imagined a nail thru my wrist. The blood (water) seeks the lowest level, so it flows to the underside of my arm following the contours of my arm. Then to armpit and down side of body. Seepage from the back of my wrist would follow the contours of the crossbeam (appears rounded n this image) and at some point, sooner or later, would drip to the ground.

Any competent executioner would not want the condemned to die too soon from blood loss. A nail would be pounded so that the flat head pressed firmly against the flesh of the wrist to seal the wound. (Hey, that's basic crux practices, right?;))

If flat-headed nails were hard to make, I imagine the executioner might slip a thick piece of leather (like a washer) over the shaft of the nail so that the nail head would press it tightly against the wrist to minimize blood loss. The same idea applies to the feet.

The movements of the crucified person would also be a factor in blood loss/flow.

Last edited:
Great hair. One thing: blood drips vertically as much as it can. Gravity doesn't pull sideways.
Those are from an early scenes done around 5 years ago:i only added the strand hair to the Victoria4 figures as a learning tool.
I'm still trying to improve my skill but the blood drip are still a challenge!

Attachments

• G3 Nellia version July 019 crop1.jpg
    G3 Nellia version July 019 crop1.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1,171

View attachment 727149 Might the blood flow look something like this? (My artistry is awful!)

I held my arm up and imagined a nail thru my wrist. The blood (water) seeks the lowest level, so it flows to the underside of my arm following the contours of my arm. Then to armpit and down side of body. Seepage from the back of my wrist would follow the contours of the crossbeam (appears rounded n this image) and at some point, sooner or later, would drip to the ground.

Any competent executioner would not want the condemned to die too soon from blood loss. A nail would be pounded so that the flat head pressed firmly against the flesh of the wrist to seal the wound. (Hey, that's basic crux practices, right?;))

If flat-headed nails were hard to make, I imagine the executioner might slip a thick piece of leather (like a washer) over the shaft of the nail so that the nail head would press it tightly against the wrist to minimize blood loss. The same idea applies to the feet.

The movements of the crucified person would also be a factor in blood loss/flow.
Your art is fine and a good narrative!!

View attachment 727149 Might the blood flow look something like this? (My artistry is awful!)

Blood viscosity can also be a factor.

Back
Top Bottom