In praise of the pillory

Go to CruxDreams.com
Baracus's Pillory update :
I have decided to have the option of an extended footbase to enable a horizontal leg Pillory which includes arm-holes.
OR.....a seat/bench can be utilised with a set of stocks. Which is the aforementioned Leg/ Arm Pillory.
(don't worry,I'll post self-explanatory pictures one day !! Lol)
At the moment,the erected Pillory is outside, under a Tarpaulin....
I've spent a fortune on cutting tools and wood...!! :(
To make matters worse,is I have set myself a deadline,until next week to get it done !! :eek:

Well, guys, Sir Henry has two immutable laws, among others, that I have never broken and will never break:

Firstly - No slapping: I never slap a woman / sub / slave / role play partner in her face, even if she asks me to!
(I give out titty slaps as a substitute!)

Secondly - I would never cut or shave a woman's head hair (I'm talking about HEAD hair - not about shaving elsewhere)!

There is no reason for me to slap her or shave her head to deeply humiliate her: What has the Prince of Darkness given me a mouth, a tongue and a rich vocabulary for?
I agree about face slapping, it does nothing for me but I do like head shaving. As my username suggests humiliation is very much my thing and one aspect of shaving a girl I like is that she can be publicly exhibited that way, ideally naked, where she becomes a figure of fun and ridicule.

But each to our own :)

I wonder what an artist is thinking when he makes such actually beautiful pictures and then ruins his work by painting such openings for the hands: That's a joke, isn't it...?

Attachments

• one_day_on__the_pillory_20_by_ladiesinperil_dgq9kei-fullview.jpg
    one_day_on__the_pillory_20_by_ladiesinperil_dgq9kei-fullview.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 111
I wonder what an artist is thinking when he makes such actually beautiful pictures and then ruins his work by painting such openings for the hands: That's a joke, isn't it...?
Those holes are big enough to accommodate her wrists and ankles at the same time, which would make for an interesting display :p

Totally agree they are ridiculously large, an elephant could put its legs in. But that is a problem with pillories, it’s one

Totally agree they are ridiculously large, an elephant could put its legs in. But that is a problem with pillories, it’s one size fits all, which it doesn’t.
The girl should have been chained to the sides of the pillory, or in any case her hands blocked in some way

The girl should have been chained to the sides of the pillory, or in any case her hands blocked in some way
With a traditional pillory you can’t adjust the hand holes. I had that problem with a pair of antique handcuffs; girls with small hands could easily slip out of them, adjustable handcuffs being the answer. Perhaps someone needs to invent an adjustable pillory but I think the only way that would be achieved is if you have removable top sections in different sizes.

Those holes are big enough to accommodate her wrists and ankles at the same time, which would make for an interesting display :p
Totally agree they are ridiculously large, an elephant could put its legs in. But that is a problem with pillories, it’s one size fits all, which it doesn’t.
With a traditional pillory you can’t adjust the hand holes. I had that problem with a pair of antique handcuffs; girls with small hands could easily slip out of them, adjustable handcuffs being the answer. Perhaps someone needs to invent an adjustable pillory but I think the only way that would be achieved is if you have removable top sections in different sizes.

Interchangeable upper and lower frame parts with differently sized openings (semi-circular holes) were also used for guillotines for small, normally built and obese delinquents, as I myself saw in a museum in France a few years ago. So it stands to reason that something similar was also used for pillories - perhaps not in smaller, poorer villages in the countryside, but certainly conceivable in larger cities where, on the one hand, more money was available and, on the other, the pillories were used much more frequently.

Yes ...like in many Japanese films, where they have pillories with very narrow holes for both the wrists and the neck and also for the ankles... after all, young oriental girls are very thin - usually - and therefore must be immobilized well...

Interchangeable upper and lower frame parts with differently sized openings (semi-circular holes) were also used for guillotines for small, normally built and obese delinquents, as I myself saw in a museum in France a few years ago. So it stands to reason that something similar was also used for pillories - perhaps not in smaller, poorer villages in the countryside, but certainly conceivable in larger cities where, on the one hand, more money was available and, on the other, the pillories were used much more frequently.
Exactly!

don't look for logical justifications - the image is generated by AI. Obtaining the pillory itself and the woman locked in it is difficult enough, because in AI the only thing that works well is censorship. I've tried and still can't get a decent effect and most of the shackles in the AI images are added in Photoshop.

don't look for logical justifications - the image is generated by AI. Obtaining the pillory itself and the woman locked in it is difficult enough, because in AI the only thing that works well is censorship. I've tried and still can't get a decent effect and most of the shackles in the AI images are added in Photoshop.
I am definitely no expert on AI art although I do like many of the results, but I have noticed that with AI art that things sometimes appear to be beyond the artist’s ability to change and control, people’s faces in background and in crowd scenes seems to be one.

When it comes to historical pillories, there are very few authentic ones left. Most of them are copies from the 19th century, as part of the romantic fashion for dark monuments from the previous generation. Today they are 200 years old, but they rarely come from the times when they were used. Most of the authentic ones have been preserved in England, from the 18th century. In Central Europe, collars were most often preserved in churches, because until the end of the Enlightenment, parishes had the right to punish moral offenses with flogging. Due to the problems with adjusting the size, leg stocks or collars were most often used to expose criminals to public view. The exception was England - where pillories were used on the head and hands. but the exposed criminal was guarded by a guard and often put in shackles... The exposure itself was quite short - a few hours. Unless the audience killed the convict, he risked less by enduring the punishment than by trying to escape.
In Central Europe, a pillory in the shape of a pole was used, to which the convict was tied, and typical leg stocks were used where the criminal needed to be detained and there was no prison building (few existed until the 18th century).
I am writing this because there is a problem with the construction of the pillory: it is not known how the difficulties resulting from the difference in hand sizes were solved. This was probably a big problem... To some extent, however, it could be solved by closing the beams with tightly driven wooden wedges. Using iron hoops made this much easier. Additionally, there was no pattern, standard or even popular design that could be imitated and each whipping post was created according to the ideas of a carpenter who did not need to know which solution would work... and the local authorities did not have much experience either.

There were not many criminals and they were not broken effectively... hence it is difficult to obtain experience - until the executive authorities were improved, it was usually improvised.

ikona Zweryfikowane przez społeczność

I am definitely no expert on AI art although I do like many of the results, but I have noticed that with AI art that things sometimes appear to be beyond the artist’s ability to change and control, people’s faces in background and in crowd scenes seems to be one.
Making something good using AI is separate part of art . Essence of the problem is that AI has good definitions but does not follow them or care about how they were customarily implemented. Therefore, it may turn out that the "person sitting in the stocks" holds his buttocks in a hole cut in the board. And you can't explain to a stupid automaton that this is what an ancient toilet looks like and not a device for immobilizing criminals.

Back
Top Bottom