Judicial Corporal Punishment Of Women: Illustrations

Go to CruxDreams.com
Typically it was killing after 20-30 lashes. Case of tsarevich Alexy is good described.
I thought it depended on the stroke used? My source was Flashman at the Charge by George Macdonald Fraser. Historical fiction but he tended to get his historical settings spot in. He described 2 methods of using the Knout- one almost certainly fatal after a single blow, the other cutting deeply and terribly, but not fatal if wielded by an expert hand… possibly there’s more than one type of Knout?

The use of the Great Knout to inflict 20 lashes could definitely cause death, and reportedly could break your spine, but a normal Knout would need 100 or so lashes to cause death.

Whichever you suffered the fact is it would spoil your day somewhat.

Last edited:
In fact it always depend on strength and target of the hit. Hitting full force by the bullwhip in middle of the forefeat is killing. Knout was heavier, so ... It can break bones on destroy organs. But typically flogging was for pain, not for killing.

In fact it always depend on strength and target of the hit. Hitting full force by the bullwhip in middle of the forefeat is killing. Knout was heavier, so ... It can break bones on destroy organs. But typically flogging was for pain, not for killing.
Sorry, forefeat? Google didn’t know…

And yes, @Morticia iI now figure I was thinking of the Great Knout, wasn’t I? I think it’s wielded as a 2 handed device, that’s what George Macdonald Fraser was writing about, I’m sure.

Incidentally, if you fancy Blackadder you might enjoy the Flashman series. The Rik Mayall character, Flashheart, was based on Harry Flashman, the protagonist. @Fossy here based one of his characters in his Sexpionage series (world war two setting centres on Barb, a German triple agent) on him too.

I like the look of the russian girl accused by her lesbian lover to be unfaithfull, and also the stern attitude of the girl caning one of my favorite russian slave movie
I remember this clip, it's one of the best I've watched. I love the part where the girl is tied on the bench. The poor girl got a severe caning. Her screams and her expressions throughout her are delightful. It must have been really hard for her

I'm sorry, the autocorrect corrects it. it's about hitting the center of the forehead. In our HEMA group for some time there was some boys training fight using bullwhip. They tested it on skull of the cow. It was like hammer.
But such strong hit is sort of maximum. It shows not typical hitting but extreme. During the punishment there was no reason for something similar... But there were rare cases when criminal was condemned for flogging to death ...

Does anyone know what video these wonderful images are taken from and maybe have a web address where I can see it? Thanks
Film is called Lashville, it is from Mood-Pictures

Back
Top Bottom