Mermaid Hunter's videos

Go to CruxDreams.com
I do have an HMD (head monted display) that i used for while in some flight simulator,but i don't have the VR controler so i would not be able to move in the scene.
I have to admit that i don't use it anymore.
This will be a VR 3D movie, you would not be able to move around in it. I can upload a version that you could move around in and view, but you would need to have the VAM program for that. To watch the video that I am working on, all you will need is something to view 3D VR movies in. I started with a headset that you put your phone into. Then I moved to an Oculus Go which was about $200.00, it is good for the same thing but has better resolution. For viewing VAM in the program and interacting with scenes in real time, I bought an Oculus Quest 2, which at the time was about $300.00.

I have a question for the forum members. Do any of you have VR headsets? I am asking because if any of you do, I am considering making a video that you can watch in VR. It is VR where VAM really shines. In VR you can stand there and be full immersed in the scene, you feel like you are actually standing next to a girl that has been crucified. The lower resolution aspect of VAM (since it is all real time and not rendered) tends to disappear in VR when you have a 3d view of the scene. Let me know if there is any interest in a VR version of a crux scene.

MH
I have a first-generation set. Haven't used them in years, but they might work. It's a great idea! You should do it.

Here is the VR Crux scene I promised. This is just a video, you can't move around in the scene, but it gives you an idea of what it would be like to do that. You can watch it with a headset straight from the Vimeo site, but it displays weird. In fact, that is why it took me so long to post this, I kept thinking there was something wrong with the file as you almost have to cross your eyes to view it properly. Not the best intro to 3D VR. You can download it from the Vimeo site and it displays fine. You can also just download it from my Google Drive, which is a slightly larger file size, so it may be a better resolution. Good Luck and Enjoy!

Here is the VR Crux scene I promised. This is just a video, you can't move around in the scene, but it gives you an idea of what it would be like to do that. You can watch it with a headset straight from the Vimeo site, but it displays weird. In fact, that is why it took me so long to post this, I kept thinking there was something wrong with the file as you almost have to cross your eyes to view it properly. Not the best intro to 3D VR. You can download it from the Vimeo site and it displays fine. You can also just download it from my Google Drive, which is a slightly larger file size, so it may be a better resolution. Good Luck and Enjoy!

The video from Google Drive can be viewed perfectly with my 20$ Evo VR Headset (you slide a smartphone into it)
evo-virtual.jpg

And for those without VR... you can watch it as two slightly different camera angles just fine!
Okay, I had forgotten about this, but since MP5 has stirred my memory about it, I thought I would put this out there. Years ago, before 3D VR was a popular thing, there was a technique of crossing your eyes to view images created for 3D without any hardware or glasses. To do this you need to get the images to be as large as possible and then sit back and cross your eyes until the two images merge in the middle. There will be two images off to either side (from your perspective), but the one in the middle will be in 3D. This takes a little practice, but years ago I used to look for, create and view images like this all the time. I also discovered that you could do it with video as well. I tested this one and yeah, you can get the 3D effect without any hardware. However, with a headset that uses a cell phone, it is then VR and full size.

MH

Okay, I had forgotten about this, but since MP5 has stirred my memory about it, I thought I would put this out there. Years ago, before 3D VR was a popular thing, there was a technique of crossing your eyes to view images created for 3D without any hardware or glasses. To do this you need to get the images to be as large as possible and then sit back and cross your eyes until the two images merge in the middle. There will be two images off to either side (from your perspective), but the one in the middle will be in 3D.
Yes this works with your video though it makes one feel queasy and the 3D image seems small and far away.

Yes this works with your video though it makes one feel queasy and the 3D image seems small and far away.
Lol.... yes it probably does for some people, but I spent so much time doing it years ago it does not affect me that way. You are also right that it is far away, it was made for VR not 3D screen viewing. If there is demand for it, I could make a version that is closer up that would do better using this process. However, I highly recommend ANY kind of a VR headset.

MH

I love these videos, seeing them dancing uncomfortable, no matter how much they move, they can't find a suitable position, although I would also like to see the exact moment in which their wrists and feet are stabbed, to see their horrified face and hear their screams heartbreaking

Okay, I had forgotten about this, but since MP5 has stirred my memory about it, I thought I would put this out there. Years ago, before 3D VR was a popular thing, there was a technique of crossing your eyes to view images created for 3D without any hardware or glasses. To do this you need to get the images to be as large as possible and then sit back and cross your eyes until the two images merge in the middle. There will be two images off to either side (from your perspective), but the one in the middle will be in 3D. This takes a little practice, but years ago I used to look for, create and view images like this all the time. I also discovered that you could do it with video as well. I tested this one and yeah, you can get the 3D effect without any hardware. However, with a headset that uses a cell phone, it is then VR and full size.

MH
Yes, but Father Mulligan told me that if you do this a lot while beating off, one day your eyes will stay crossed!

I am not sure what you mean. I think pretty much any device can view them; I watched it on my PC monitor.
I mean a device that sends one image on the screen to one eye and the other image to the other eye so you don'.t have to do the eye-crossing thing. Like the Evo VR Headset mentioned by hornet1ba does for a smartphone.

Back
Top Bottom