Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
It is fair to say that a big money supply is necessary for financial speculation based on debt. Junk bonds were invented in the '80's when deficit spending was pumping up the money supply in a "macro" way (not a finely tuned up and down variation). I have always thought of them as a way (like "crypto") for the private sector to print money.

We had a Friday 13th, even a Friday 13th October.
There is a strong backstory, that the reputation of Friday 13th as a cursed day, originated from Friday 13th October 1307, when French king Philip IV arrested all Knight Templars in France. They were subjected to harsh interrogation, even torture, and many, including Grandmast Jacques de Molay, were burned at the stake as heretics. The memory of the destruction of the order (and the ensuing legend of a curse spoken over the king, by de Molay) has made Friday 13th a cursed day.

We had a Friday 13th, even a Friday 13th October.
There is a strong backstory, that the reputation of Friday 13th as a cursed day, originated from Friday 13th October 1307, when French king Philip IV arrested all Knight Templars in France. They were subjected to harsh interrogation, even torture, and many, including Grandmast Jacques de Molay, were burned at the stake as heretics. The memory of the destruction of the order (and the ensuing legend of a curse spoken over the king, by de Molay) has made Friday 13th a cursed day.
Remember that the accusation of heresy was a pretext. The unavowed aim was to grab their immense fortune, as the coffers of the kingdom of France were empty!

Today 150 years ago, on October 27th 1873, a certain Joseph Glidden submitted an application for a patent on barbed wire.
View attachment 1379797

I was amazed at the many different types of barbed wire there have been over time.
barbed-wire-types.jpg

The Haish version n the center is the exact type that was on my grandmother's farm when I there as a kid.
Even though it was weathered and rusty, those barbs could still scratch and break the skin if you weren't careful.
61X9EGiYk4L.jpg

The assassination of Kennedy is the oldest news event I recall in my life (mainly recalling it because this little kid was repeatedly told to shut up during news broadcasts, what made me pissed off and I wondered why that Mister Kennedy was more important than what I had to tell, especially since, after all, he was dead now). :confused:

Back
Top Bottom