Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sixty years,ago,24 hours,after the assassination of President John F.Kennedy ,a certain Science Fiction Television series was aired for the first time,in the U.K....the synopsis involved the adventures of a renegade elderly time traveller, called "The Doctor" and his,semi-unwilling companions...in a strange looking Police Box.
The name of that series ??

DOCTOR WHO !!

William Hartnell portrayed the first Doctor until 1966,to be replaced by Patrick Troughton.(1966 - 1969)
A further 14 Actors have played the much loved Time Lord,most notably Tom Baker (1974 -1981)
and most recently, David Tennant (2005 - 2009/ 2023) Oscar-winning actor John Hurt even played an alternative version of the Doctor !!(2013)
Amongst his adversaries are of course,the dreaded Daleks,Cybermen and Weeping Angels.
download.jpeg.jpgimages.jpeg-4.jpgdownload.jpeg-1.jpgdownload.jpeg-3.jpgdownload.jpeg-4.jpg
Happy Anniversary, Doctor Who !!

The same thing with my school, I was in the 11th grade and the school sent everyone home early, and I remember everyone talking about it on the bus ride home.
Yep, my school shut down too. Had an extended weekend and went to visit relatives for a few days. Later I watched Ruby shoot Oswald on live tv in living color black & white. Took a while to realize I had just witnessed a murder in real time.

Sixty years ago (November 22nd 1963), President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas.
Four days before going to Dallas, Kennedy made a stop in Tampa; the first sitting President to visit the city. He gave speeches at several locations and his motorcade went down Grand Central Ave and Lafayette St. Somewhere in the crowd was a 5 year old Naraku whose parents had gotten him out of school to see the President. I don't remember where exactly we were standing, it was likely somewhere along Grand Central which was about a mile from our house. I do still remember the man standing in the back of a Lincoln convertible and waving. I think I waved back. I do remember hearing an announcement over the school intercom and watching the TV in our class room four days later. I don't think I understood what was going on but I knew it was something important and sad. A year later, Grand Central, Lafayette and Memorial Hwy were renamed John F Kennedy Blvd.
jfk1.jpgjfk2.jpgjfk3.jpg

Holodomor Memorial Day 25 November

December 1st 1953 : seventy years ago, the first issue of the magazine Playboy was published.

Featuring Marilyn Monroe on the cover and the centerfold.
Which seems like a perfectly good reason to post a few of them;
Screenshot_2023-12-01 marilyn monroe playboy - Google Search(4).jpgScreenshot_2023-12-01 marilyn monroe playboy - Google Search(3).jpgScreenshot_2023-12-01 marilyn monroe playboy - Google Search(2).jpgScreenshot_2023-12-01 marilyn monroe playboy - Google Search(1).jpgScreenshot_2023-12-01 marilyn monroe playboy - Google Search.jpg

Sixty years,ago,24 hours,after the assassination of President John F.Kennedy ,a certain Science Fiction Television series was aired for the first time,in the U.K....the synopsis involved the adventures of a renegade elderly time traveller, called "The Doctor" and his,semi-unwilling companions...in a strange looking Police Box.
The name of that series ??

DOCTOR WHO !!

William Hartnell portrayed the first Doctor until 1966,to be replaced by Patrick Troughton.(1966 - 1969)
A further 14 Actors have played the much loved Time Lord,most notably Tom Baker (1974 -1981)
and most recently, David Tennant (2005 - 2009/ 2023) Oscar-winning actor John Hurt even played an alternative version of the Doctor !!(2013)
Amongst his adversaries are of course,the dreaded Daleks,Cybermen and Weeping Angels.
View attachment 1396333View attachment 1396334View attachment 1396335View attachment 1396336View attachment 1396337
Happy Anniversary, Doctor Who !!
Much like everybody has a favorite James Bond, Tom Baker was the first Doctor that I saw when the show started to be shown in the States.
It was his personality and energy that carried that show and was an inspiration for those who followed, specifically Dave Tennant, IMHO.
(Tennant referenced watching Baker as well as a lad.)
It was also great to fit him in one last time in a clever cameo.
Hats off to all who played the Doc and the years of fun the show has obviously provided!IMG_0174.jpeg

The pre-sale of the Rolling Stones 2024 tour tickets is being sponsored by the AARP- the American Association of Retired People...

Tree can't make this up!!!!
Mick is 80, Keith is somehow still alive at 79 (will be 80 on 18 December.), Ron Wood is the "youngster" at 76. Minimum age to join AARP is 50.
And presale tickets registration crashed the AARP website.

December 2, 1804: Coronation of Napoleon 1st
December 2, 1805: Napoleon 1st's victory at Austerlitz
December 2, 1851: coup d'état by Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte (nephew of the other...)
December 2, 1852: Napoleon III establishes the Second Empire.
These two got together to do some damage on the same day!

On December 2nd 1823, two hundred years ago, US president James Monroe presented his yearly State of the Union to congress. He therein proclaimed that European colonial powers should not intervene anymore in the Americas and that such actions would be considered as hostile towards the USA.

Such was the foundation of the ‘Monroe Doctrine’, that ruled United States’ foreign policy since.

Back
Top Bottom