News From Margot

Go to CruxDreams.com
Come on people. We are all waiting for the same movie here. The recording is slow, so you have to wait, we are very close. Let's keep our respect and wait for what we've all been waiting for so long.
Thanks @CruciferSk. Wise words, let's all heed them.

Hello, the time is here.... but....

Jac went through a little hell with the processing, first with the sound and then with the image.

When he was done equalizing the sound he had to create the new sound tracks, which, in normal situations take an hour or so.
He set it all up and began the process. The message on the computer was 1 hr 53 seconds and 0%. Ok, A couple of hours, he thought to himself and went out to do things,
When he was back, a couple of hours later the message was 24 hrs and 45 seconds 5%

Oh shit, he thought to himself. It was an afternoon, last weekend. It was sunny and very hot. So, he decide to cancel the process, the computer was too hot, but before canceling he had some tea. When he return to check... it was 48hrs plus and 7%. He cancelled the process. He decided to process it early morning next day.

He woke up early enough, and began the process. By the time he was back from walking the dog, an hour walk every morning, the sound tracks were ready.

Good. Time for color correction.

He worked on the color correction, that's one shot at a time, with the intention to finish it that night. No luck. He continued next day.

There are two separate actions in color correction, one is on the individual shots, the other in the film as a whole after processing all those shots into ONE 93 min clip.
It has to be a clean clip of the film, no subtitles.

So, he set it up to process the film into one clip. He encountered the same problem as before... He wanted to have everything ready for the 31st and time was running out.

On Monday, early morning, he set to process the clip, after going over some things, like the closing credits.

He began the processing after lunch and by 2 pm the message was 70 hrs.... Oh No!
Early morning on Tuesday he began to process it again... but no... after a few hours the processing was interrupted by the program for some reason. it stopped after 25 min of the film. WTF, Jac said to himself.

He suffered yesterday too, and finally, today, the clip was done! With the mixed sound!

A couple of hours ago he sat down to watch the film before uploading it to Vimeo.

It was not the final version but if it was good enough, he could use it for the pre release.

He sat down in front of the huge monitor, to better see the problems if any, and hit the play button... not the editing app, he was watching it in Quicktime.

93 minutes later he had seen the entire film, without interruptions, as a captive audience and now he had to decide.

There were some minor issues in sound, and other minor issues in the image. Little details that he can take care of for the final version of the film.

He has to decide if this clip is good enough as the pre release version. Hmmm
But he has a big meeting. He'll decide after that.

If he decides that it's good enough, he'll be uploading it to Vimeo and it will be available for viewing tomorrow. If, in the other had, he decides to first work on the issues he found, then he'll get to work on that and ... well...

SeditiosaScreenShot20231102114908-1024x566.png

Maybe it will help him decide some opinions here.
BTW, I'm posting this information here because this is the only place where there's so much anxiety about the project. Everywhere else, no one minds if it's released today or next month.

Jac went through a little hell with the processing, first with the sound and then with the image.

When he was done equalizing the sound he had to create the new sound tracks, which, in normal situations take an hour or so.
He set it all up and began the process. The message on the computer was 1 hr 53 seconds and 0%. Ok, A couple of hours, he thought to himself and went out to do things,
When he was back, a couple of hours later the message was 24 hrs and 45 seconds 5%

Oh shit, he thought to himself. It was an afternoon, last weekend. It was sunny and very hot. So, he decide to cancel the process, the computer was too hot, but before canceling he had some tea. When he return to check... it was 48hrs plus and 7%. He cancelled the process. He decided to process it early morning next day.

He woke up early enough, and began the process. By the time he was back from walking the dog, an hour walk every morning, the sound tracks were ready.

He worked on the color correction, that's one shot at a time, with the intention to finish it that night. No luck. He continued next day.

There are two separate actions in color correction, one is on the individual shots, the other in the film as a whole after processing all those shots into ONE 93 min clip.

So, he set it up to process the film into one clip. He encountered the same problem as before... He wanted to have everything ready for the 31st and time was running out.

On Monday, early morning, he set to process the clip, after going over some things, like the closing credits.

He began the processing after lunch and by 2 pm the message was 70 hrs.... Oh No!
Early morning on Tuesday he began to process it again... but no... after a few hours the processing was interrupted by the program for some reason. it stopped after 25 min of the film. WTF, Jac said to himself.

He suffered yesterday too, and finally, today, the clip was done! With the mixed sound!

A couple of hours ago he sat down to watch the film before uploading it to Vimeo.

It was not the final version but if it was good enough, he could use it for the pre release.

He sat down in front of the huge monitor, to better see the problems if any, and hit the play button... not the editing app, he was watching it in Quicktime.

93 minutes later he had seen the entire film, without interruptions, as a captive audience and now he had to decide.

There were some minor issues in sound, and other minor issues in the image. Little details that he can take care of for the final version of the film.

If he decides that it's good enough, he'll be uploading it to Vimeo and it will be available for viewing tomorrow. If, in the other had, he decides to first work on the issues he found, then he'll get to work on that and ... well...

BTW, I'm posting this information here because this is the only place where there's so much anxiety about the project. Everywhere else, no one minds if it's released today or next month.

Thanks, @Margot. It’s very nice of you to take the time to relay such specific information.

These facts might help the impatient folks among us understand how time consuming and unpredictable the filmmaker’s process is.

Thanks Margot for the update.

Do what it takes to get
Touchy, touchy, d. I was just ribbing you, my friend. Sorry if I offended you.

We’re all wanting the same thing here, but the constant asking for updates on the film will not make it available any sooner.

Well my friend, I am not complaining. I asked because Margot is always kind and send us updates. She said that the movie would be available on Halloween. As it didn't, I asked. Apparently, Jac is still working on it as he found some problems. I will just let it go until I receive the email :)

Jac is doing a great job on this movie and Margot is did a great work in the updates.

This is a curiosity question, but as someone who put in significant funds I think I have a right to ask?
You've done many films (and many with outdoor shots). Is the process for this one new? If not, were the same problems encountered on others but it didn't matter because there were no wolves howling for the finished product?

I don't think anybody expects a pre-release not to have some imperfections. I think you should load what you have and get it out to folks. You can then perfect the final release for the festival and general release.

While I wait to hear from Jac, who is presently working on the final touches for the Pre Release of Seditiosa, subtitling, mainly, while fine cutting some shots, I read with some amusement some of the comments that come this way and I can't but respond to some.

Crux-Legend Amy was invited to design the film program at that university. She's now the head of the film department there, she's also a profesor and tours the USA giving talks about independent filmmaking to all those aspiring film students. She's also producing her films and some of her students films, she was in Bolivia this year for the theatrical premiere of Pygmalion and she is a partner of the company, with responsibilities that go beyond simple advise. More like hands on producer.

She was invited to design the film program because of her incredible experience of work with Jac in so many movies... and with very little budgets.

PygamlionCastNCrewPremiere07-819x1024.jpeg

Simonne is, indeed, younger, and she is beautiful. However, all of Jac's Divas, as Beto calls them, or Galateas, as a critic refered to them, are beautiful, very beautiful, and they all have their own particular beauty.

69RehearsalsScreenShot20220912161217-1024x573.jpg

In the Bolivian side of the world, the roots of people are varied. Jac, for instance, has Dutch, French, Spanish, Basque roots. And we will probably fine a lot more once his ancestry is investigated. Simonne has Spanish and British roots and others I don't know. Mila has middle eastern roots, as well as Egyptian and African... And I can go on and on.

PygmalionPromoMila0984.jpeg

Amy herself has British blood, as well as some ancestry from Denmark and some say... Italy by way of Roman's conquering the brits at one point.

Amy, like Camille before her, became a Crux Legend and I'm sure Dani, Mila, Simonne, will also become legends on their own right. And not only them.

There's a new Galatea in town, you know? Ligia. You'll hear and see more of her.

NewGalatesScreeShot20230905201658-1024x571.png
What a great news to see that you have taken Ligia into consideration, she is very beautiful and I have no doubt that she will do a great job in future projects with the other beautiful girls of the crew, it would also be amazing to see her or sol who is another beautiful girl in future projects either crucifixion or other works.

I wish you success and that this movie can be at the level or surpass many of your great projects, you have put a lot of effort and I hope the effort pays off.

To the rest of you I would like to say to be patient, a movie takes a long time and is stressful, I understand that you paid, but it is better to be patient and give us a good product than to be in a hurry and not have it come out so well.

@Margot I don't think that the real people here are impatient. However, you have a strong fan base here because of the work you do, and the fact that you do it well shows how much interest there is in your new film. Seditiosa is not just any ordinary movie. After a long time, it is something that shows the "Female Jesus" in a different role than before, but at the same time in such a similar character. And also, it is a different production than PAOG or FemalesChrist. So I think people here are eager precisely because they are genuinely very curious about your work. We all understand how demanding filmmaking is, that things don't often go as planned. That happens. I therefore believe that we will all remain polite and wait for your final words "The film is ready".

We admire Jac's work, he has always been able to work wonderfully with the subject, but waiting for such a highly anticipated film as Seditiosa creates anticipation and tension for us as fans of your work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for further work and we're waiting for your kind words.

We are waiting. :)

Jac is uploading the latest version of Seditiosa to Vimeo. While he does that, he'll be working on the film, correcting the little problems he encountered, perfecting the color correction, etc. If we end up sharing the latest version today, it will be with a warning.

Having said that, we will be contacting our backers, supporters and pre buyers, individually, with the link and method of viewing.

This is a curiosity question, but as someone who put in significant funds I think I have a right to ask?
You've done many films (and many with outdoor shots). Is the process for this one new? If not, were the same problems encountered on others but it didn't matter because there were no wolves howling for the finished product?

The process on Seditiosa is not new, every film has its own particular issues and they have to be dealt with accordingly. What is different in this case is the timing. The production of Justine, for instance, was completed at the end of August 2015. It was released in October 2016 and theatrically in 2017, I don't remember the month, maybe July.

Maleficarum was completed, the production, that is, at the end of December 2010, beggining of Junuary 2011 and it was released in October 2011, in those cases, the post production took many months, Justine was released more than a year after the production was completed. In those particular cases, Jac worked on the post without much concern about release dates.

Seditiosa's production was completed at the end of July of this year. One month later people were anxious about its release. It's been THREE months since the production was completed and the cry of the multitudes is "when is the film going to be released?"

The truth is that Jac should be working on this film for another three months at least. At a normal pace. But no. He's finishing the post in true record time.

When we started the fundraising campaign, the calculations as far as the release time were based on the assumption that the film would start production at the end of December and be done before the end of January. Thus the August release was reasonable. It didn't happen that way for many reasons.

By the end of this week or next week, all those issues will be old history and it will no longer matter. The film will be out there for those who contributed to its making and we'll be getting Seditiosa ready to release it to the world.

The one concern now is that the hype has been so huge, the anticipation so enormous, that I fear the expectations for the film are akin to the second coming and to fulfill that might be near to impossible.

We'll see.

SeditiosaTheFilm_01080121-1024x576.jpg

The one concern now is that the hype has been so huge, the anticipation so enormous, that I fear the expectations for the film are akin to the second coming and to fulfill that might be near to impossible.

Well, you can't possibly film a perfect match to hundreds of fantasies, but from what you have said it promises to be the best female crux movie ever made, and I look forward to seeing it. :)

Jac is uploading the latest version of Seditiosa to Vimeo. While he does that, he'll be working on the film, correcting the little problems he encountered, perfecting the color correction, etc. If we end up sharing the latest version today, it will be with a warning.

Having said that, we will be contacting our backers, supporters and pre buyers, individually, with the link and method of viewing.

The process on Seditiosa is not new, every film has its own particular issues and they have to be dealt with accordingly. What is different in this case is the timing. The production of Justine, for instance, was completed at the end of August 2015. It was released in October 2016 and theatrically in 2017, I don't remember the month, maybe July.

Maleficarum was completed, the production, that is, at the end of December 2010, beggining of Junuary 2011 and it was released in October 2011, in those cases, the post production took many months, Justine was released more than a year after the production was completed. In those particular cases, Jac worked on the post without much concern about release dates.

Seditiosa's production was completed at the end of July of this year. One month later people were anxious about its release. It's been THREE months since the production was completed and the cry of the multitudes is "when is the film going to be released?"

The truth is that Jac should be working on this film for another three months at least. At a normal pace. But no. He's finishing the post in true record time.

When we started the fundraising campaign, the calculations as far as the release time were based on the assumption that the film would start production at the end of December and be done before the end of January. Thus the August release was reasonable. It didn't happen that way for many reasons.

By the end of this week or next week, all those issues will be old history and it will no longer matter. The film will be out there for those who contributed to its making and we'll be getting Seditiosa ready to release it to the world.

We'll see.

SeditiosaTheFilm_01080121-1024x576.jpg

I will be honest that I am hyped haha. My anxious grew because you said that it would be released on Halloween but I completely understand the delay.

Just take your time. By your posts, it is already the best female crux movie ever made in my opinion.

Seditiosa is up in Vimeo. Jac will go over some controls and set it up for viewing by the privilege few.

SeditiosaVimeo-1024x555.png

We'll start sending links tomorrow according to the level of contributions. All e mails will be sent individually, which means it will take a bit of time since I have to go through each individual contributor, pre buyer... and so on. But I'll get there.

If anyone prefers to wait for the final version, let me know.

Thank you!

The Second Coming has been delayed for 2000 or so years now, so I don't think expectations are high anymore and your film should not have to compete with it.

Back
Top Bottom