Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
Exactly this sort of thing led to a near disaster in November 2019 when a maintenance engineer had fitted a trim control switch upside down. Fortunately the flight crew managed to figure out what was wrong and regain control of the aircraft just in time to make a safe landing but it was a very close call :(
A friend of mine, who was stationed in Germany, said the base commander's policy was maintenance crews were required to randomly fly on the aircraft and helicopters they just worked on. Seems they never had any accidents while he was in charge.

1e7f8cf7c197a925f7db13dcc7fbe7ec.jpg 4d84c5d7ed40a8edd4147d37edf23d72.jpg d5cfd916de730df1f120f77c28e6c8b0.jpg

If I recall Larry Ellison, the founder of Oracle, owns a MIG-29. That must have been an adventure for the Navy and the Air Force. Wikipedia confirms that he hasn't been able to import it. He's had five wives, too. He also said that "the cloud" would never catch on (since it would be bad for Oracle's business). Now Oracle is way behind on market share of cloud services--kind of like Pontius Pilate being the first Roman most people think of, but not in a good way.

If I recall Larry Ellison, the founder of Oracle, owns a MIG-29. That must have been an adventure for the Navy and the Air Force. Wikipedia confirms that he hasn't been able to import it. He's had five wives, too. He also said that "the cloud" would never catch on (since it would be bad for Oracle's business). Now Oracle is way behind on market share of cloud services--kind of like Pontius Pilate being the first Roman most people think of, but not in a good way.

IN case you like to fly with such planes https://migflug.com/

A loving wife who follows all his advice

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 08.38.36.jpg

Are you referring to this?
Americans don't do much better with roundabouts;
Yes both been in Poland (without simpson he is american) made by polish drivers and drivers was mans and most funny wasnt drunk and they not get any injuries some scratches one was play on phone second busy thinking maybe about ancient aliens and forgot about rondo, and think wasnt only those 2 here those are most knowns i think most jumps through rondo made polacks for sure those who was catched on cam so u cannot throw guilt on barbara cause she not jump yet through rondo also it saw how polish drivers are dangerous they driving like that here last time some safer fines goverment bring up but truth about polish drivers is they not care rules in poland cause of low fines and when they enter to other eu country ground they driving like proffessionals and never made there accident cause are misers cheapskaters and are scared payd bigger fine in euro also it show probarly are most dangerous drivers in eu also jumps through rondo by mans only show barbara and womans are better drivers than mans brum brum :car: (btw I wondering how is jump through rondo must be funny like jumping bicycle through small hills but i never try it on driving lessons worry mine teacher will stop liking me and start yelling on me also he say car i driving never had accident yet and all others who his company use to lessons had so i worry last his car get injury he get heart attack cause is old grey squirrel)

A loving wife who follows all his advice
1309663-05f8ee076ac23277ee632ecd7bd2c739.jpg

This case seems to have not been an accident, but most likely a driver who, alledgedly during night, has 'tested' the off-road characteristics of his 4x4 vehicle over the sandy hump.' :r:

In the US, we have a lot of 4-way stop intersections which, I understand, are not very common in other parts of the world. The idea is that everyone stops at the sign. There are then rules as to who goes first and in what sequence. However, no one seems to understand this so in reality the rule is: "whoever has the bigger set of balls has the right-of-way."
There are at least eight of these within a quarter mile of my house. They are especially popular near schools.
4way.jpg
Roundabouts have begun appearing in my area, often replacing 4-way stops and they do seem to be working. But, it hasn't been without problems. One of the first was installed at the entrance to Clearwater Beach in 2000. Apparently having never seen or used one before, the designers installed a massive fountain in the center which blocked the view of traffic entering, leading to a increase in accidents. The fountain has been remove and the center leveled out.
fountain-2.jpg
Still, we Yanks have a long way to go to match the brilliance in roundabout design achieved by the British.
swindonroundabout.jpg

In the US, we have a lot of 4-way stop intersections which, I understand, are not very common in other parts of the world. The idea is that everyone stops at the sign. There are then rules as to who goes first and in what sequence. However, no one seems to understand this so in reality the rule is: "whoever has the bigger set of balls has the right-of-way."
There are at least eight of these within a quarter mile of my house. They are especially popular near schools.
View attachment 1313090
Roundabouts have begun appearing in my area, often replacing 4-way stops and they do seem to be working. But, it hasn't been without problems. One of the first was installed at the entrance to Clearwater Beach in 2000. Apparently having never seen or used one before, the designers installed a massive fountain in the center which blocked the view of traffic entering, leading to a increase in accidents. The fountain has been remove and the center leveled out.
View attachment 1313091
Still, we Yanks have a long way to go to match the brilliance in roundabout design achieved by the British.
View attachment 1313092
And i was planning to hire a car on my upcoming visit to the UK :confused::facepalm:

But yes, here in the States the four-way-stop seems to confuse far too many drivers, and I’m not sure they’d handle roundabouts any better.

My own pet complaint, driving in Chicago, is that some drivers will use the exit lane to gain 3-4 car lengths on a crowded expressway.

And i was planning to hire a car on my upcoming visit to the UK :confused::facepalm:

But yes, here in the States the four-way-stop seems to confuse far too many drivers, and I’m not sure they’d handle roundabouts any better.

My own pet complaint, driving in Chicago, is that some drivers will use the exit lane to gain 3-4 car lengths on a crowded expressway.
Chicago is indeed an "education" in "creative" driving. But it is not worthy to hold a candle to southern California.

U will be visit squirrel?
squireldriver.jpg

1310943-2349161cba25c8716998142754dfb783.jpg
Rather looks like a 'stuckabout'! :confused:
Well, a roundabout like this will probably totally confuse anyone who doesn't use it on a daily basis. But otherwise roundabouts work well if everyone follows the rules.
kreisverkehr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom