Original Manipulations by Cruxforums Members

Go to CruxDreams.com
Something like this? Not sure who wrote the text so I haven't credited it yet, I suspect Eulalia.
Note of advice for future travelers to San Marino: try to avoid getting caught writing graffiti on the walls and definitely avoid winter.

Something like this? Not sure who wrote the text so I haven't credited it yet, I suspect Eulalia.
I don't think it's my work - though of course you've made great work of Waterhouse's version of my name-saint's over-dressed martyrdom! Maybe @Barbaria1 ? She's more soft-hearted in her texts than I tend to be!

I don't think it's my work - though of course you've made great work of Waterhouse's version of my name-saint's over-dressed martyrdom! Maybe @Barbaria1 ? She's more soft-hearted in her texts than I tend to be!
Mmmmm … not guilty … I don’t recognize or recall it.

Let's get a manip in here for the new year. An experiment of mine working with perspective adjustments in photoshop. I think it turned out rather well.

@Barbaria1 would doubtless be able to provide an intricate back story as to how she came to be hanging on a cross in San Marino on a fine sunny day, but certainly this is not outside the realm of plausibility. She may have inadvertently borrowed the Mayor's FIAT. I suppose we may never know all the details.
Barb-SanMarino1.jpg
The low viewpoint and shallow depth of field are very dramatic and the whole effect looks very natural. Thus it is not obvious that the source image includes a bench rail, which has been modified with a new lower edge. Not only is the wood grain an excellent match, but the new, shaded area contains a light reflection from something out of shot, below the cross.

The forced perspective of the background architecture emphasises the low point of view, and presents a classical, columniated facade, consistent with the ancient period. This is defocused, together with the head of the stake, and the portrait of Barb emerges in close-up with a shallow depth of field. She gazes accusingly, making direct eye contact.

Also noteworthy are the peripheral strands of hair, which have been neatly extracted. Having seen the portrait source, I can say that the masking technique was anything but straightforward. Nice work, Jolly! :)

Mmmmm … not guilty … I don’t recognize or recall it.
I had ruled out both of you as authors of the text, not that it isn't good, but I don't think either of you would use the word "agonize" twice in the same sentence. I feel that you both have better vocabularies and imaginations than that. ;)

Thank you!!!
Here's another little work. Sorry, I didn't keep who posted the image...
Original on the right and manipulation on the left...

View attachment 1423089View attachment 1423090
Take it from someone who has worked with electricity for 45 years, what you have in the manipulation is a short circuit, with both leads attached to the metal bar. One lead should be attached to her, and the other to the bar.;)

Attachments

• you get the idea manipulated.jpg
    you get the idea manipulated.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Thank you!!!
Here's another little work. Sorry, I didn't keep who posted the image...
Original on the right and manipulation on the left...

View attachment 1423089View attachment 1423090
Now here is a question for our lady friends who go pony riding. It seems to me that the round metal bar wouldn't be as uncomfortable as a sharp pointed top. It appears the young lady involved here is straddling the bar, as opposed to a sharp edge being wedged up in there. Perhaps some of you would like to comment and tell us about your experiences. :BoredSmiley:

Attachments

• you get the idea.jpg
    you get the idea.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 225
Back
Top Bottom