Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Oh no, one of my all-time favourites...I had a couple of his comedy vinyls back in the day, The Bob Newhart Show was one of my all-time favourite shows. I see the Driving Instructor video and Sir Walter Raleigh video linked above...classics!
Bob Newhart's brand of humor always worked for me. He was one of the few comedians who's monologs and sit com shows actually made me laugh.
Great at what he did for sure. RIP Bob.

Wally Amos, better known as Famous Amos, has died at 88. He went from being the first black agent with the William Morris Agency to the most famous cookie maker in the world.

Phil Donahue's defunct.

IMG_2438.jpeg

For those unfamiliar with his place in late 20th century American daytime television, a Twitter entry from last May summarized it well.

Yacht Bayesian sunk

Five more bodies were discovered on Wednesday during the search for missing people from the sailing ship Bayesian, which sank off the coast of Sicily. According to media reports, the billionaire and owner of the ship, Mike Lynch, who had organized the luxury vacation for employees, and his 18-year-old daughter are also among the dead.

As the Italian daily Corriere della Sera previously reported, the dead people were discovered in a cabin in the wreck. The bodies have apparently not yet been recovered because the cabin entrance is blocked by objects.

This brings the number of dead to six. There were 22 people on board the Bayesian, ten crew members and twelve passengers: 15 people were rescued, including nine crew members. The sailing ship sank early Monday morning near Porticello, not far from Palermo, as a result of a storm.

May they rest in peace.

Source Euronews

Yacht Bayesian sunk

Five more bodies were discovered on Wednesday during the search for missing people from the sailing ship Bayesian, which sank off the coast of Sicily. According to media reports, the billionaire and owner of the ship, Mike Lynch, who had organized the luxury vacation for employees, and his 18-year-old daughter are also among the dead.

As the Italian daily Corriere della Sera previously reported, the dead people were discovered in a cabin in the wreck. The bodies have apparently not yet been recovered because the cabin entrance is blocked by objects.

This brings the number of dead to six. There were 22 people on board the Bayesian, ten crew members and twelve passengers: 15 people were rescued, including nine crew members. The sailing ship sank early Monday morning near Porticello, not far from Palermo, as a result of a storm.

May they rest in peace.

Source Euronews
All have now been found and their bodies recovered. Very sad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gzk4r8293o

Back
Top Bottom