Russian (and other) barefoot girls

Go to CruxDreams.com
You can read more about Autum Reeser and her infamous Red Allert 3 barefoot pictures highlighted in Red on my

1980-09_21 Autumn Reeser [V2] r​

[Digital Trading Card]

View attachment 1529953
There are a lot of Hallmark girls (or women) who would look good in remakes of B-movies like The Torture Chamber of Doctor Sadism or The Witchfinder General or Mark of the Devil or any Jess Franco nun movies. :rolleyes:

I used to like those old crappy movies on DVDs. I also like Hallmark. The idea of Autumn Reeser or Merritt Patterson or Aimee Teagarden in peril kinda makes me dewey.

Last edited:

As for Anne Francis running around Bare foot on the set of “Forbidden Planet,” in 1956 for about 90% of the movie has more to do with the costume department's futuristic torture devises they called shoes [of the future] than anything else.

1725976827779.png 1725977486066.png 1725977410403.png

^ I didn't know anything about Forbidden Planet until I was about 16. An amazing movie for the time - 1950s.
At that time, nearly all scifi was low-grade b-movie stuff at best (with a few notable exceptions being mostly about alien invasions and monsters), but Forbidden Planet wanted to tell a somewhat more sophisticated story and with some of the very best set design and special effects that were available at the time (not to mention the very first use of an all electronic soundtrack), they pulled it off spectacularly. Even today this one stands out as one of the very best scifi movies ever put on film. Not only that but its influence spread far and wide - without Forbidden Planet, there would have been no Star Trek which it very obviously inspired, from the more intellectual storylines to the matte painted alien planet environments to the distinct overall style of set and prop design. Pretty much all modern scifi owes a huge debt of gratitude to the makers of this outstanding movie.

Also, Anne Francis never looked better than she did in this one :p
I was a sci fi fan until Hollywood and the comic book special effects departments ruined it all.
Agreed 100% - nothing that's being shat out of Hollywood these days even comes close to the classic stuff like this. And it's not just scifi either - Great movies effectively died out in the early 1990s. There is virtually nothing coming out of Hollywood these days that's worth the price of admission :(

At that time, nearly all scifi was low-grade b-movie stuff at best (with a few notable exceptions being mostly about alien invasions and monsters), but Forbidden Planet wanted to tell a somewhat more sophisticated story and with some of the very best set design and special effects that were available at the time (not to mention the very first use of an all electronic soundtrack), they pulled it off spectacularly. Even today this one stands out as one of the very best scifi movies ever put on film. Not only that but its influence spread far and wide - without Forbidden Planet, there would have been no Star Trek which it very obviously inspired, from the more intellectual storylines to the matte painted alien planet environments to the distinct overall style of set and prop design. Pretty much all modern scifi owes a huge debt of gratitude to the makers of this outstanding movie.

Also, Anne Francis never looked better than she did in this one :p

Agreed 100% - nothing that's being shat out of Hollywood these days even comes close to the classic stuff like this. And it's not just scifi either - Great movies effectively died out in the early 1990s. There is virtually nothing coming out of Hollywood these days that's worth the price of admission :(
I saw Forbidden Planet on DVD, watching with several other kids and I was totally enthralled by all it. I thought 'This has to be a remake or something. They couldn't make a movie like that in the 1950s.' Much later, I read somewhere that the story line was based on a Shakespeare tragedy.

A didn't make a connection at the time, but I think F.P. probably also had an effect on 2001; A Space Odyssey. That was also a serious script and story line as well as visually stunning. I am sorry I never got to see either one in the theater.

Modern movie making is garbage - good actors reduced to playing comic book characters and 'transformers,' and far too noisy sound tracks.

I read somewhere that the story line was based on a Shakespeare tragedy.
Yeah it's loosely based on The Tempest, with Dr Morbius taking the place of Prospero and Alta being the stand in for Miranda, suddenly having to play host to a visiting band of strangers, with the monster being a latter day interpretation of Caliban

Back
Top Bottom