The Art Of Spanking

Go to CruxDreams.com
Janus was an up market version of Mentor which had been published at the end of the sixties, and for its early editions managed to acquire a few models who were prepared to accept actual punishment, and allow their welts to be shown in colour. The UK Authorities soon clamped down on this, and for many years it was illegal to do so.
This led to Janus concentrating on well produced, illustrated photo stories, excellent art work by Paula Meadows, Hardcastle and others, who were not shy of depicting lurid welts, if only in black and white. They also featured short, but very erotic stories, by the likes of Richard Manton and Julie Holmes, which together meant that during the seventies and eighties Janus was, indeed, the spanko`s bible.
Janus was originaly Mentor, they had the change the name for copyright reasons. I knew the editor, nice guy name of Van Oker, to his friends he was simply known as Van, sadly he died of lung cancer.

I basically thought I was just really weird until I found a discarded copy of Janus outside a 24 hour service station when I was in a car that stopped off. Then things started to make sense lol.

Blushes. It featured photographs of young women, often in school uniform, being spanked by authority figures, usually elderly men. It was part of a stable that included Blushes Supplement, Whispers, New Blushes, Uniform Girls, Vixen, Justice, and Dear Blushes (spanking letters). The magazines often shared photo sets.

Blushes no. 3

Blushes no. 3 (5).jpg Blushes no. 3 (8).jpg Blushes no. 3 (9).jpg Blushes no. 3 (10).jpg Blushes no. 3 (19).jpg

As far as I understand, this is not an artist, but an author of texts. He created some of them for drawings Formant (0formant0). Here's what he writes about it on Deviant: "Yes, we have collaborated on a few things, the main one being the Tiffany/Pom-pom pony girl story which Fair Game is a little side story to. We are working on an illustrated novel which should have been completed ages ago but we keep adding more and more new bits!"
Here is a quote from the Formant itself from another resource: "That is Tiffany, one of the two subs I am creating illustrated stories around on my subscribe star and also on pixiv FANBOX. Author Hatherby has developed an awesomely detailed story for "Toonsub Tiffany: Cheerleader goes Ponygirl" that we are publishing bit by bit on the subscribe and that will ultimately become an illustrated storybook novella. The love he put into the scenario is incredible and it is a joy to work on this for me."

I do not have any information confirming the authorship of the Deviant drawings you posted.

Derriere is a British spanking magazine published in two short series in 1979 and 1981. Each issue comprised 64 pages, 8 of them in colour. It was very closely associated with the better-known Janus and never developed a distinct character of its own.

Derrière (1980)

Holy fuck me. This cover is butter.jpg Life imitates art imitates life imitates art imitates life imitates....jpg Loving the hair. And look, more capers! That's a win.jpg She apparently caught him cheating... spanking another woman in their bed!!.jpg When you're naughty in the woods, no one can hear you scream.jpg

Derriere is a British spanking magazine published in two short series in 1979 and 1981. Each issue comprised 64 pages, 8 of them in colour. It was very closely associated with the better-known Janus and never developed a distinct character of its own.

Derrière (1980)

View attachment 1458449 View attachment 1458450 View attachment 1458451 View attachment 1458452 View attachment 1458453
Taking control of woman´s boobies is for babies. Real man goes for the ass!

View attachment 1458475
Looks like Paula Meadows' style, but I'm not sure.
I think you are right, not only does the artistic style seem right, but the pose of the submissive, is one frequently adapted by Paula herself in photo shoots in the early editions of Janus.
Paula was a real pioneer, and in addition to her art work and posing, made a video, "To Ride a Tiger." where she visited a Dutch/ Belgian dominatrix, and although it was tame when compared to say the likes of modern stuff like Elite Pain, this cruel strongly built woman certainly gave Paula a hard time which both of them seemed to enjoy.

Fessée is a British spanking magazine published between 1989 and 1992 by Jardale Publishing of 16 Preston Street, Brighton. Its title is the French word for ‘spanking’. There were eleven issues of 64 pages each, with 24 pages in colour.
In short stories, articles, photography, artwork, and readers’ letters, Fessée considered the spanking of adult women by either men or women, with the eroticism of the practice subtly acknowledged. It resembled Janus in the amount of space that it devoted to substantial photo-stories, while offering three times as many colour pages.

All punishments were presented as being explicitly consensual. Photographs did not show marks on bottoms, and, unlike most other spanking periodicals, models were never clad in fetishistic school uniforms. This policy complied with the restrictions placed on adult magazine content by British distributors at the time. This allowed the magazine to be sold by mainstream newsagents instead of being limited to sex shops. Surprisingly, however, the title was bold enough to carry advertisements for spanking videos, specifically the productions of Vexfilms and Spanking for Pleasure.

Fessée (©1989 ©1990 ©1991)

A glass of port, a caning, and a shoe shine.jpgLooks like she wasn't expecting the cane at the end. Oh my....jpgOur love of the word 'bottom' is ubiquitous and eternal.jpgSpanked in front of the hearth!.jpgThis man belongs in a Billy Joel video.jpg

Back
Top Bottom