The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Can anyone of you french members explain this odd pic (and the interesting poster on the left side of the pic)?
View attachment 800835
Google search finds it on various bdsm sites - the poster on the left does show a nipple ring with a familiar bdsm crux symbol I think,
not quite sure about the 'Marianne' poster, but it all seems to be part of some kind of bdsm pride parade?

Google search finds it on various bdsm sites - the poster on the left does show a nipple ring with a familiar bdsm crux symbol I think,
not quite sure about the 'Marianne' poster, but it all seems to be part of some kind of bdsm pride parade?
Thanks. I was curios because the penis form of Mariannes cap and her nose are in the same angle. The word "Capote" can be translated as condom.

Thanks. I was curios because the penis form of Mariannes cap and her nose are in the same angle. The word "Capote" can be translated as condom.
Ah, of course! Yes, both the nose and the cap of liberty seem to have 'French letters' on them, especially the tricolor version.
And I think the Marianne image might be a profile caricature of that woman, with her rather Mona Lisaesque smile?
She has a fine slave-collar.

After 83 birthdays I've become a little jaded when it comes to my birthday and I seldom visit the "Birthday Thread". I don't know what prompted me to go there tonight but I did and discovered a number of birthday wishes addressed to me. Thank you; the words seem rather hollow how does one thank so many friends who take the time and trouble to express their good wishes? In other words "Thank You seems" insufficient.
Let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year and express my hope that your Christmas was as good as mine.
Again Thank You,
Helmut

Last edited:
Can anyone of you french members explain this odd pic (and the interesting poster on the left side of the pic)?
View attachment 800835
In fact, it's an allusion to the "bonnet phrygien" worn by the 1789'revolutionnaries in France ... and Marianne is the symbol of France, having her statue in all the city halls and changing from time to time ... some examples ...
buste caterine.jpg Catherine Deneuve buste laetitia.jpgLaetitia Casta buste-bureau-bardot-450.jpg Brigitte Bardot

Bonnet phrygien :
Coiffe d'origine orientale portée par Pâris fils de Priam,

associée à la notion de liberté car un bonnet du même genre

était porté par les esclaves affranchis dans l'empire romain.

(Oriental-origin headdress worn by Priam's son,

associated with the notion of freedom because a cap of the same kind

was carried by free slaves in the Roman Empire.)

3242091423_1_10_JZaw9lap.jpg

... and a "capote" is what you call "condom" , but in french slang ...

So, this poster is the symbol of the "free love" but in wearing a "capote" !!!

... like we say in France, "sortez" (ou entrez ?) couverts ...! (fuck but covered !) :cbiggrin:

After 83 birthdays I've become a little jaded when it comes to my birthday and I seldom visit the "Birthday Thread". I don't know what prompted me to go there tonight but I did and discovered a number of birthday wishes addressed to me. Thank you; the words seem rather hollow how does one thank so many friends who take the time and trouble to express their good wishes? In other words "Thank You seems" insufficient.
Let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year and express my hope that your Christmas was as good as mine.
Again Thank You,
Helmut
Welcome to the 83 club, like you , I feel birthdays don`t quite seem so important as they used to. I am afraid I will be joining the 84 club on February 29th and my family are intent on making it a big thing., as it is only the 21st time I have actually had a real birthday. Once again Happy Birthday to you.

Welcome to the 83 club, like you , I feel birthdays don`t quite seem so important as they used to. I am afraid I will be joining the 84 club on February 29th and my family are intent on making it a big thing., as it is only the 21st time I have actually had a real birthday. Once again Happy Birthday to you.
I knew a guy with that problem; the law here made March 1 his DOB in the other years. Happy birthday... Oh to be 29 again.

Back
Top Bottom