The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
You know I never said the climate isn't changing. In 1975 there was talk of 'bombing' the north and south poles with coal ash to avoid the 'coming ice age'. Around 200 years ago a mini ice-age hit here. But one thing is certain the climate changes... and a single solar flare can change it more than we can. In fact a big volcano can too!!!

You know I never said the climate isn't changing. In 1975 there was talk of 'bombing' the north and south poles with coal ash to avoid the 'coming ice age'. Around 200 years ago a mini ice-age hit here. But one thing is certain the climate changes... and a single solar flare can change it more than we can. In fact a big volcano can too!!!
So why is it so hard to believe we are affecting climate . Ash or Carbon and Methane , one reflects heat the others traps heat . Are we part of the problem ?

So why is it so hard to believe we are affecting climate . Ash or Carbon and Methane , one reflects heat the others traps heat . Are we part of the problem ?
Yes in a very small way. The US has cleaned up more water in the past 40 years than it polluted in the 100 years before that. Yet one big flood washes (and dilutes) more than we could ever hope to clean. The 'Paris Accord' on climate change is a redistribution of wealth with the US paying the most and India and China still considered 'developing nations'.

Really??? They both out pollute the US. Sane proposals but not tonight... I have to blow up Chinese made fireworks to celebrate the new year!!!

Yes in a very small way. The US has cleaned up more water in the past 40 years than it polluted in the 100 years before that. Yet one big flood washes (and dilutes) more than we could ever hope to clean. The 'Paris Accord' on climate change is a redistribution of wealth with the US paying the most and India and China still considered 'developing nations'.

Really??? They both out pollute the US. Sane proposals but not tonight... I have to blow up Chinese made fireworks to celebrate the new year!!!
a-bomb-maxresdefault.jpg ... 10 ... 9 ... 8 ...

Right! The theory was (and is) that one harsh winter, with extensive snowfall, followed by a cold summer keeping much of the snow cover from previous winter intact, could trigger an ice age, because the snow sheets would reinforce the cooling proces. The so called snowblitz model. All it needed was a 'favourable' pattern of the bulging of the jetstream.

Why do climate alarmists persist in worrying about carbon dioxide? The most prevalent warming gas in the atmosphere is water vapour accounting for 95% of heat retaining gases. CO2 is less than 3%. I would get out more but I'm running my dehumidifier non-stop to save the planet.
wink.gif

Why do climate alarmists persist in worrying about carbon dioxide? The most prevalent warming gas in the atmosphere is water vapour accounting for 95% of heat retaining gases. CO2 is less than 3%. I would get out more but I'm running my dehumidifier non-stop to save the planet.
View attachment 800767

Well I am mostly water and normally only around 0.5 to 1.5mg arsenic but if that amount of arsenic was to increase dramatically then I would be in trouble even though we are only talking amounts on the order of 1 or 2mg of arsenic to a kilo of water say. When you have a variable that is not changing and a variable that is changing and a problem then it makes sense to check out if the variance and the problem are related.

Well I am mostly water and normally only around 0.5 to 1.5mg arsenic but if that amount of arsenic was to increase dramatically then I would be in trouble even though we are only talking amounts on the order of 1 or 2mg of arsenic to a kilo of water say. When you have a variable that is not changing and a variable that is changing and a problem then it makes sense to check out if the variance and the problem are related.

I agree but for one important thing. While there have been experiments that show increasing CO2 has no effect on warming the atmosphere, there have been none that prove that it does.

I agree but for one important thing. While there have been experiments that show increasing CO2 has no effect on warming the atmosphere, there have been none that prove that it does.

Except for the small detail of your statement being completely untrue I would agree with you :p

https://phys.org/news/2019-07-carbon-dioxide-climate-acontroversy.html

The evidence all rather strongly leans the other way. Pursuing the evidence is the key to better decision making and I would recommend it.

Perhaps we can agree that there is science of varying qualities on both sides of this issue, and that none of us is a climate science expert.

Given those considerations, it’s obvious that the penalty for not taking action, if the danger turns out to be real, far outweighs the penalty for taking action if the danger turns out to be illusory.

Especially since many of the mitigating actions proposed have the beneficial side-effect of making human civilisation more resilient, sustainable and equitable.

Clearly nobody is going to convince anybody of anything here: I propose that anyone who wants to continue the argument should do so by private message.:D

Back
Top Bottom