The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Dear "montycrusto",

I am not sure if we both were immortal vampires in the wrong century as "time twins". I really can understand you, but you need to learn that there were some things which changed during the last 500 years.
Nowerdays, there are for example some differences between hoods and "face and breathing protections" and in the behaviour of witch hunters, you know?

On the other hand, some women and their professions seem not really to have changed so much during the last 500 years.

Believe it or not, three years ago, late at a stormy winter's night, there were two young women arriving at my hotel desk. Their plane and some others more had to make an unexpected landing at the rather small airport of Luxembourg due to very bad weather in Europe. The city there is also rather small, so the Luxembourger airport had to organize more hotel rooms in neighbouring Germany and we had some unexpected guests more, who did not dream of being that night in Germany.

These two women between 23 and 25 were the very last of the passengers of their flight to check in and after I had seen and checked their passports, I really wondered if the police of Germany, France or a neighbouring BeNeLux-country would not have been interested very much in their profession and liked to question them about this or any other of their activities in Europe. Obviously, they were not our typical tourists visiting Europe for the treasures of our history.
Even I had to control myself very much not to ask something. On the other hand, they were so nervous like witches on the run and an inquisitor with guards behind them - and I can be such a compassionate person when there are beautiful women in front of me in some kind of fear.
:eek:;)
Both were beautiful, but also extremely nervous "Latinas" speaking Spanish, only one of them spoke fluent English, both were paying everything at once in cash and they had a lot of very new looking 100,- and 200,- Euro bank notes in their trembling hands, obviously knowing how much money they had but not used to have so much in their hands or pockets. One of them had her hair colored in "Tizian-Red" like Tizian probably would have painted a beautiful witch.
Both almost jumped up to the ceiling when our hotel's ice machine rumbled a bit 10 meters behind them at our bar.
I then thought:
"No, they probably have an unhappy life you would not like to share at all and they have done nothing wrong to me or in my country, which they did not wanted to visit this night. I'll ask and do nothing else but checking them in like all the other guests of this evening, too. They would not have expected to be this cold winter night in Germany and they seem to be afraid of everything here in this city and this country. I will be as friendly and helpful as usual."

Both were the only guests from Colombia I ever checked in, according to their passports both young women were at that time residents of Bogotá, one of them was born in Medellin, the other one was born in Calí and I leave the rest of the story to your imagination.

In any case, I think, the life of witches was rather a hard one, no matter if it was 1519 or 2019.

Last edited:
I can't believe Wolfgang Wodarg is really the name of that mad professor looking guy! :meparto:

Oh, and by the way, if you are interested in very unusual or most improbable German names, there are internet sites with collections of German names no one ever would believe to be true - but they are.
I myself was always wondering about loooong German names which sometimes derived not only from the profession of the ancestors like Müller / Miller or Schmied / Smith but also from the location where these ancestors were living and in the North of Germany, there are examples of names which derived how to find a person.
In Hamburg and Bremen, there were examples of people who were living in the fields in front of the cities or even before and so there are names like "vor-dem-Felde" (= in-front-of-the-field). Very strange, when the name of the male ancestor became a part of the name like "HansvordemFelde" and later there were really German women with names like "Maria Hansvordemfelde".

But even this is not so terrible like some "immoral" German names in this collection:

Last edited:
Oh, and by the way, if you are interested in very unusual or most improbable German names, there are internet sites with collections of German names no one ever would believe to be true - but they are.
I myself was always wondering about loooong German names which sometimes derived not only from the profession of the ancestors like Müller / Miller or Schmied / Smith but also from the location where these ancestors were living and in the North of Germany, there are examples of names which derived how to find a person.
In Hamburg and Bremen, there were examples of people who were living in the fields in front of the cities or even before and so there are names like "vor-dem-Felde" (= in-front-of-the-field). Very strange, when the name of the male ancestor became a part of the name like "HansvordemFelde" and later there were really German women with names like "Maria Hansvordemfelde".

But even this is not so terrible like some "immoral" German names in this collection:

Byfield is an English surname - it can be from a place of that name with a different origin, and I guess Felde, like in Old English, meant 'open land' rather than an enclosure - but in some cases it probably began as a nickname for someone whose camped out in the fields. But it's very odd for a first name to get joined with the surname to become part of it, I've not come across any like 'Jackbyfield'.

Thrown out of the Garden Centre again for waving these things at lady shoppers and growling “confess, witch!” :rolleyes: :doh:
View attachment 1072366View attachment 1072367View attachment 1072368View attachment 1072369View attachment 1072370View attachment 1072371
also they said something about wearing the wrong kind of face covering
View attachment 1072373
Don't worry about it, Monty. I get thrown out of all kinds of places all the time for much worse. They have short memories, and never talk to each other.

One day, a lady shopper will say “it’s a fair cop! I’m a witch, torture me please, kind sir!!” and then it’s off to the dungeons mmmwwaa ha ha ha :demon7:
I was thinking, they usually have a help desk in a garden centre - you could go there with your inquisitionry "Good morning, I've got a question I'd like to ask you about these tools." "Yes Sir, how can I help?" "Are you going to confess that you are a witch, or shall I have the pleasure of torturing you with them?" :devil:

I was thinking, they usually have a help desk in a garden centre - you could go there with your inquisitionry "Good morning, I've got a question I'd like to ask you about these tools." "Yes Sir, how can I help?" "Are you going to confess that you are a witch, or shall I have the pleasure of torturing you with them?"
I was just imagining what kind of face a saleswoman in the garden center would make if I seriously asked her such a question.

I was thinking, they usually have a help desk in a garden centre - you could go there with your inquisitionry "Good morning, I've got a question I'd like to ask you about these tools." "Yes Sir, how can I help?" "Are you going to confess that you are a witch, or shall I have the pleasure of torturing you with them?" :devil:
I was just imagining what kind of face a saleswoman in the garden center would make if I seriously asked her such a question.
She is used to it, in October, when the gardening season comes to an end, maddening the gardening freaks who face months of non-activity.:ambulance:

Well you know I do like a nice set of tools.. :rolleyes:
0C96A0CD-47B9-48E7-8FEF-ED318B03D230.jpeg

Well you know I do like a nice set of tools.. :rolleyes:
View attachment 1072884
Yes well garden centres seem to cater for pretty well anything you might do in a garden except growing plants -
I'm sure you'll find what you require in the barbecue area, Sir ...

And then can you direct me to the thumbscrews please, Miss? And perhaps a Pear of Anguish? :devil:
We've got a good range of very sturdy screw clamps of that type in the garden fixtures Sir,
you can use them to fix a trellis to your wall - or fix anything you wish, Sir ... shall I show you?
Not sure about Pear of Anguish - but we have some very nice bush pears,
perhaps one of those would fit where you have in mind?

And perhaps a Pear of Anguish?
I suspect they are called something else at the garden centre - probably some sort of seed drill or other germination apparatus.

We've got a good range of very sturdy screw clamps of that type in the garden fixtures Sir,
you can use them to fix a trellis to your wall - or fix anything you wish, Sir ... shall I show you?
Blimey, no wonder I get a stiffy whenever I go into one of those places.. :very_hot: is that why they’re called “hardware” shops??:confused:

Back
Top Bottom