Go to CruxDreams.com
It was that redhead. The thief at the market. Cara had, in some small way, done this to her. She shivered at the thought. Cara was finally able to let out a long, ragged sigh, so this is what happened. This was her fate.

The brunette on the right was a more voluptuous woman, with full breasts and with curvy hips. Her long, flowing locks tumbled down her shoulders to the top of her butt dimples also in a thick ponytail tied with white twine. Her hair was a rich, dark brown, with hints of gold and red shining through in the sunlight. It looked thick and healthy, with a natural wave that gave it a voluminous and sensual appearance.
A good thief on the cross right from her, and a bad thief to the left?

he new emperor Vespasian
The Jewish Rebellion was at its height, and Antioch was only truly safe for those who were Hellenized.
Some historical background looming.

The Historian in her would have been stirred by such a sight, but she was now a condemned criminal, and the majesty of the buildings was now deeply imposing.
Very ambivalent situation for a historian!

Again a good chapter! :clap:

I'm probably not going to dwell *too much* on the history, but I think it adds verisimilitude to the story. Plus having a historian character is an easy way to add our own POV, someone from the modern world, who still would know quite a bit about the ancient world.
The bit of historical situation reflects well the tense atmosphere in the city as the background of the events described.

The Oracles​

Her choice was made the Tuesday before.

Cara’s morning trek after her fateful talk with Agatha had taken her far out of the city, along the road that followed the Orontes river to the east as it wound southward. She must have been a quarter of the way to Seleuciam by the time she saw the temple at the top of a large plateau, isolated and imposing. Daniel must have known that she had escaped his watchful guard by now, but it did not matter. She would get what she needed here, and she would deal with the academic consequences later.

Professor Moore had secretly confided in her that the Oracles were no mere superstition, and that such powerful feminine figures were erased from historical records for their inconvenience to the narrative of the invincible Rome. The prophetess who had consorted with them was on the cusp of doing something great and powerful, had she not been executed by the Romans. Professor Castanga needed to find out what that was, and how her choices led her to a cross, so that Cara might follow her footsteps. In this case, it was literal. A journey to a secret temple that they were said to reside in.

The temple, at first glance, appeared to be abandoned and long forgotten, with no signs of life or occupation. The stones were worn and weathered, their cracks sprouting thin strands of brown grass, and the pillars were battered and windswept, some even tumbled to the ground. But in the center of this ruin, there was a bowl of libation. It was clean and shone with a mirror-like finish, yet it was empty.

Not knowing what to do, Cara reached for the flask of water that she had carried with her for drinking water. As she filled the bowl with the pure liquid, a voice echoed through the empty temple.

"An interesting offering," the voice said. "One of purity that cannot be matched in this age. Treated water, with traces of chemicals that will not be in use for another millennium."

A second voice joined the first. "We know you are a traveler. Who do you seek?"

Cara looked around, searching for the source of the voices. "I seek guidance from the three women: The Oracles."

"Oracles, hmm?" the second voice said. "You, yourself, seem to have knowledge of the future. You have no need for prophecy. You seek something different from us, don't you, traveler?"

"You have no wish for mere astrologers," the first voice said. "But witches."

"Sorceresses!" the second voice exclaimed.

Cara hesitated before answering. "Yes," she said, her voice filled with trepidation. "Are you them?"

"We are only women," the first voice said. "But perhaps they might dwell within us."

"How would I help you summon them?" Cara asked, her voice filled with uncertainty.

"Summoned? They cannot be summoned like mere dogs!" the voice replied with anger, and then calmly continued. "They are ancient spirits, dwelling within us, waiting to be called upon. You must open yourself to their presence, to the wisdom and guidance they offer."

Cara, frustrated but not undeterred, sat down in front of the bowl of libations, she briefly closed her eyes and focused her thoughts, and she began to feel a presence around her, a sense of ancient wisdom and power. She opened her eyes, and to her surprise, she saw two completely typical women standing before her, in a rigid and upright standing posture, like a far more magnificent being of far greater stature than they appeared.

Cara recognized the two as the Maiden and the Mother. They were exactly as professor Moore described them.

The Maiden was a young woman, with olive skin and dark brown hair. She was of average height, and her features were delicate and soft, but not remarkable. She wore a long braid, adorned with beads and ribbons, which cascaded down her back like a river of midnight. Her attire was simple and unassuming, befitting a woman of her station. She wore a plain tunic, made of rough, homespun fabric, and a belt of woven grass. She had no jewelry or adornments, save for a small, silver amulet that hung around her neck. Despite her plain appearance, there was something about the maiden that was striking and captivating. She had a bright, intelligent gaze, and her face was animated and expressive. It was clear that she was a woman of great wit and wisdom, and that she had much to teach those who were willing to listen.

The Mother was a more mature woman, with the same olive skin as the maiden, and black hair. She was also of average height, and her features were strong and worn, but still plain. She wore her hair in a neat bun, pinned securely in place, and her attire was similarly simple and practical. She wore a long, flowing robe, made of soft, flowing fabric, that was draped over her pregnant belly and a pair of sandals that were worn and well-traveled. She had a few pieces of jewelry, including a pair of earrings made of gold, and a bracelet of intricate, woven designs. Despite her age and experience, the mother had a youthful, radiant glow about her. She was clearly a woman who was at peace with herself
The two women did not respond immediately, their faces inscrutable and mysterious. Instead, they simply looked at each other, their eyes locked and unblinking.

As Cara watched the two women, in the corner of her vision, a strange phenomenon began to occur. Paper cards with three face sides and one backside started fluttering through the air, swirling around the temple like snowflakes. They looked like normal cards, but as each card fell spiraling to the ground, it needed to rotate two full times to get back to showing the original face; divination cards with half integer spin. Three of these cards landed in the libation bowl, each with one face up, but they did not sink into the bowl.

The oracles reached for the cards, their movements slow and measured. The Maiden took the first, the Mother the second. As they pulled the two cards out of the bowl, the edges dripped with water. They examined the cards in silence for a moment, their faces unreadable, then the Maiden pulled the final card from the bowl.

"What do they mean?" Cara asked, her voice shaking

The oracles looked at her, their eyes piercing and enigmatic. "They are symbols," the youthful Maiden said, her voice low and hushed. "Symbols of the journey that lies ahead."

The pregnant Mother nodded in agreement. "They are a portent," she said, her voice filled with mystery. "A portent of the challenges and choices that you will face."

Cara swallowed hard, her heart racing with fear and uncertainty. She had hoped for a clear answer, but the oracles seemed determined to speak in riddles and mysteries.

The Maiden, with her bright eyes and youthful energy, was the first to speak. "All of your cards are feminine. Very curious. The empress speaks of abundance and fertility, but the hanged woman indicates a period of struggle and transformation. And the high priestess, well, she represents the mysteries of the unknown, a hint of the future yet to come."
The Mother, her round belly a clear indication of her pregnancy, nodded in agreement. "Yes, these cards do not bode well for an easy path ahead. But, without the guidance of the madam, we can’t truly decipher their true meaning and offer guidance to our sister."

Cara's brow furrowed as she tried to understand the significance of the divination. "Where is the madam? She is usually the one who cuts the thread, and interprets the cards."
Cara watched as the Maiden and the Mother exchanged a glance, their eyes filled with sorrow and regret. She had a feeling that she knew what they were about to say, and her heart sank in her chest.

"We have some knowledge of where she is," the Maiden said, her voice low and heavy. "And we know what has happened to her."
Cara's breath caught in her throat. "What do you mean?" she asked,

The Mother took a deep breath, her face grave and serious. "The Madam was that old woman on the cross, on the side of the road," she said, her voice filled with sorrow. "The one you passed on your journey here. Agatha was her avatar."

Cara's heart felt like it was breaking. "No," she said, shaking her head. "It can't be. That woman was barely alive, barely clinging to life."

"She was kept alive, on that cross, to prevent Yalizah from being nailed there herself," the Maiden said, her voice shaking with emotion. "It was a terrible fate… and yet…"
The Mother nodded in agreement. "The cross is an inevitability," she said, her voice filled with foreboding. "It is a symbol of suffering and sacrifice, one that we all must face at some point in our lives."

"Yalizah?" Cara repeated, her brow furrowed in confusion. "Who is Yalizah? The prophetess?!"

The Oracles looked at each other, their faces grave and serious. "She is perhaps the very reason you are here," the Mother said, "We have kept her hidden for some time."

"Why?" Cara asked, her voice trembling with fear and uncertainty. "What has happened to her?" Was Cara too late? Had she arrived after the prophetess’ death?

The Maiden took a deep breath, then began; “Nothing has happened… yet. It is what has yet to come to pass that we find the most concerning.”

"Yalizah is a prophetess, one who has received a terrible vision of her own torturous end on a Roman cross," the Mother continued, her voice heavy with emotion. "She is desperate to avoid this fate, but she fears that it is too late for her."

The prophetess stepped out from the shadows. It was almost like looking in a mirror, only she was fairer still. Cara's heart skipped a beat. This was the woman who had consorted with the oracles, the one who had ended up on a cross in Professor Moore’s expedition, and now she was in front of her, in the flesh. She knew, just by a glance alone, that this prophetess was a near doppelgänger of herself. Not a perfect match, but one so close that it might fool most onlookers. She had all of Cara’s most important features. The same body, the same super-long ultra-thick chestnut blonde hair, but with an even deeper ethereal beauty that Cara couldn't help but notice, even with her more plain attire. The only real difference was the short, blunt bangs that the prophetess wore.

"What can I do to help her?" Cara asked, her voice filled with trepidation, but still firm. “How can she be saved from this terrible fate? Is there a way?"
The Oracles looked at each other, their eyes flickering with an otherworldly light. "There is a way," the Mother said, her voice low and hushed. "But it will not be easy. You two are so much alike for a deeper reason, I believe. Are you willing to take on this burden, Cara? Are you ready to become Yalizah, to take her place in the world, even if it means sacrificing your own life?"

Cara felt tears streaming down her face, her heart heavy. She had never imagined that the Madam's fate could be so cruel and heartless. She knew, in that moment, that she had to do everything in her power to prevent Yalizah from suffering the same fate, especially since that might give her a chance to experience the cross. Cara sat before the oracles, her fate in the balance, but her head filled with terrible fear

The maiden spoke gravely. "It is not a choice, my dear. It is a necessity. The prophetess Yalizah has received a vision of her own death, and she is terrified of what is to come. She fears she cannot escape her fate, but she hopes that you can at least delay it for a while, long enough for her to be safe."

The mother, her face etched with lines of sorrow and experience, added, "The Romans grow more and more suspicious of Yalizah and her teachings with each passing day. They are seeking any excuse to silence her, and if they catch her, they will not hesitate to make an example of her." The Mother looked upon Cara with a grave expression. "That is where you come in, my dear. We need you to take her place, to act as the prophetess for a few days until the tether pulls you back. Yalizah's life depends on it."

Cara's heart pounded in her chest as she considered the gravity of the situation. Had they given her what she desired? "But what of me? What if I am caught? What if I suffer the same fate as Yalizah? Will the Romans nail me to the cross?"

The Maiden gave a heavy sigh. "We cannot sugarcoat it, my dear. The risks are high, and the chances of success are slim. But Yalizah is desperate, and she is willing to try anything to avoid her fate, she does not want to endure the cross… but you… you do."

“Yes,” Cara admitted, submissively, “I want to be nailed to a cross,”

The Mother placed a comforting hand on Cara's shoulder. "We will do everything in our power to protect you, but in the end, it is up to you; you might not survive the crucifixion. Are you willing to take on this burden, to try and save Yalizah's life?"

The Maiden looked upon Cara with a mixture of understanding and expectation. "It is not an easy decision, my dear, but it is one you must make. Yalizah is waiting for your answer."

As Cara sat in silence, struggling with her own fears and doubts, the prophetess spoke softly. "Cara, please. I am begging you. I know it is a lot to ask, but I have no other options. You are my only hope."

With a heavy heart, Cara made her decision. "I...I will do it. I will take your place and try to delay your fate."

Yalizah gave a relieved sigh, tears of gratitude glistening in her eyes. "Thank you, Cara. You will not regret this.”

The Mother snapped, “It is not on you to say that young one. Your vision may yet be a portent of a far more terrible fate than the one you avoided.”

“You did the right thing, Cara.” The Maiden began, “Please, take solace in that.”

“Stay the night, we insist; you had a long journey to get here.” the Mother added, “ There is a bed down in the chambers beneath. That is where Yalizah has been staying.”

“Thank you, Oracles. I am honored by your hospitality.” Cara bowed her head in respect.

The oracles were gone. Cara had looked down for a moment and they had vanished. Cara’s eyes darted side to side, she scanned the whole temple fruitlessly, but there was no one but Yalizah.

“Oh yeah, they do that. They only reveal themselves when asked a question worthy of them. When the questions have been answered… gone. They go back to being normal women… somewhere. Or they might not, I don’t really understand what they do.”

“Do you have any idea what they are?” ask Cara

“It’s not really my place to ask about their nature.” replied Yalizah, “I mean, I didn’t ask much about you. You know an awful lot about the future yourself. Could be a prophet, an angel, anything really.”

“I’m afraid I can’t really say much, it could jeopardize a lot.” replied Cara

“See, not my place to ask,” the prophetess said,

“You really think that I would be an angel?” asked Cara

“Yeah, well, I guess you might be a little too beautiful for that,”

“I’m Flattered,” Cara blushed, but then again, they were both very similar looking.

“I’ve got so much more than flattery to give you, you are my savior!” said Yalizah eagerly

“Well the oracles gave me the wisdom I needed,” replied Cara.

“I wouldn’t think about them too much. It might be a while before you see them again. Or never, really.” Yalizah began. “Come on downstairs, we have a lot of planning to do.”

Professor Moore had secretly confided in her that the Oracles were no mere superstition, and that such powerful feminine figures were erased from historical records for their inconvenience to the narrative of the invincible Rome
But that’s hardly a secret now, is it? Isn’t that what men, from Ancient Rome to the present, have wished to do to all powerful feminine figures? Emily here is getting at the very essence of things.

Well, the cross chapter is literally just her picking up her cross for the first time.
Now I've read "The Flogging" and "The Cross" chapters. Although these seemed very short, the flogging is very well done!

This story is structured in a different way than others. Normally the crucifixion comes at the end but this one makes the readder wanting to know what happened the two days before so a strange traveler from other world ends up receiving the maximum penalty of the era.

The plot seting is different also. Cara has no other way but to go through all the ordeals that the true prophetess had gone if she wants to come back to her time. Again, this is magnifically well thought and well described. Thanks for sharing this story!

I’ll be honest with you: This series is on hiatus while I focus on my 3d art. The ending was largely penned as I imagined it at first, but frankly, I feel as though the whole story is over due for a re-write. That is an undertaking that will take some time. Also, my writing has improved so much more than the largely generic text I started with here.

Sorry

I’ll be honest with you: This series is on hiatus while I focus on my 3d art. The ending was largely penned as I imagined it at first, but frankly, I feel as though the whole story is over due for a re-write. That is an undertaking that will take some time. Also, my writing has improved so much more than the largely generic text I started with here.

Sorry
Maybe you are being too demanding with yourself. Us, as readers, often get so attached to the characters and universe you, writers, very kindly create for our entertainment. Sometimes we just want to see the fate of a beloved character, no matter how good or bad the writing is.

The Oracles​

Her choice was made the Tuesday before.

Cara’s morning trek after her fateful talk with Agatha had taken her far out of the city, along the road that followed the Orontes river to the east as it wound southward. She must have been a quarter of the way to Seleuciam by the time she saw the temple at the top of a large plateau, isolated and imposing. Daniel must have known that she had escaped his watchful guard by now, but it did not matter. She would get what she needed here, and she would deal with the academic consequences later.

Professor Moore had secretly confided in her that the Oracles were no mere superstition, and that such powerful feminine figures were erased from historical records for their inconvenience to the narrative of the invincible Rome. The prophetess who had consorted with them was on the cusp of doing something great and powerful, had she not been executed by the Romans. Professor Castanga needed to find out what that was, and how her choices led her to a cross, so that Cara might follow her footsteps. In this case, it was literal. A journey to a secret temple that they were said to reside in.

The temple, at first glance, appeared to be abandoned and long forgotten, with no signs of life or occupation. The stones were worn and weathered, their cracks sprouting thin strands of brown grass, and the pillars were battered and windswept, some even tumbled to the ground. But in the center of this ruin, there was a bowl of libation. It was clean and shone with a mirror-like finish, yet it was empty.

Not knowing what to do, Cara reached for the flask of water that she had carried with her for drinking water. As she filled the bowl with the pure liquid, a voice echoed through the empty temple.

"An interesting offering," the voice said. "One of purity that cannot be matched in this age. Treated water, with traces of chemicals that will not be in use for another millennium."

A second voice joined the first. "We know you are a traveler. Who do you seek?"

Cara looked around, searching for the source of the voices. "I seek guidance from the three women: The Oracles."

"Oracles, hmm?" the second voice said. "You, yourself, seem to have knowledge of the future. You have no need for prophecy. You seek something different from us, don't you, traveler?"

"You have no wish for mere astrologers," the first voice said. "But witches."

"Sorceresses!" the second voice exclaimed.

Cara hesitated before answering. "Yes," she said, her voice filled with trepidation. "Are you them?"

"We are only women," the first voice said. "But perhaps they might dwell within us."

"How would I help you summon them?" Cara asked, her voice filled with uncertainty.

"Summoned? They cannot be summoned like mere dogs!" the voice replied with anger, and then calmly continued. "They are ancient spirits, dwelling within us, waiting to be called upon. You must open yourself to their presence, to the wisdom and guidance they offer."

Cara, frustrated but not undeterred, sat down in front of the bowl of libations, she briefly closed her eyes and focused her thoughts, and she began to feel a presence around her, a sense of ancient wisdom and power. She opened her eyes, and to her surprise, she saw two completely typical women standing before her, in a rigid and upright standing posture, like a far more magnificent being of far greater stature than they appeared.

Cara recognized the two as the Maiden and the Mother. They were exactly as professor Moore described them.

The Maiden was a young woman, with olive skin and dark brown hair. She was of average height, and her features were delicate and soft, but not remarkable. She wore a long braid, adorned with beads and ribbons, which cascaded down her back like a river of midnight. Her attire was simple and unassuming, befitting a woman of her station. She wore a plain tunic, made of rough, homespun fabric, and a belt of woven grass. She had no jewelry or adornments, save for a small, silver amulet that hung around her neck. Despite her plain appearance, there was something about the maiden that was striking and captivating. She had a bright, intelligent gaze, and her face was animated and expressive. It was clear that she was a woman of great wit and wisdom, and that she had much to teach those who were willing to listen.

The Mother was a more mature woman, with the same olive skin as the maiden, and black hair. She was also of average height, and her features were strong and worn, but still plain. She wore her hair in a neat bun, pinned securely in place, and her attire was similarly simple and practical. She wore a long, flowing robe, made of soft, flowing fabric, that was draped over her pregnant belly and a pair of sandals that were worn and well-traveled. She had a few pieces of jewelry, including a pair of earrings made of gold, and a bracelet of intricate, woven designs. Despite her age and experience, the mother had a youthful, radiant glow about her. She was clearly a woman who was at peace with herself
The two women did not respond immediately, their faces inscrutable and mysterious. Instead, they simply looked at each other, their eyes locked and unblinking.

As Cara watched the two women, in the corner of her vision, a strange phenomenon began to occur. Paper cards with three face sides and one backside started fluttering through the air, swirling around the temple like snowflakes. They looked like normal cards, but as each card fell spiraling to the ground, it needed to rotate two full times to get back to showing the original face; divination cards with half integer spin. Three of these cards landed in the libation bowl, each with one face up, but they did not sink into the bowl.

The oracles reached for the cards, their movements slow and measured. The Maiden took the first, the Mother the second. As they pulled the two cards out of the bowl, the edges dripped with water. They examined the cards in silence for a moment, their faces unreadable, then the Maiden pulled the final card from the bowl.

"What do they mean?" Cara asked, her voice shaking

The oracles looked at her, their eyes piercing and enigmatic. "They are symbols," the youthful Maiden said, her voice low and hushed. "Symbols of the journey that lies ahead."

The pregnant Mother nodded in agreement. "They are a portent," she said, her voice filled with mystery. "A portent of the challenges and choices that you will face."

Cara swallowed hard, her heart racing with fear and uncertainty. She had hoped for a clear answer, but the oracles seemed determined to speak in riddles and mysteries.

The Maiden, with her bright eyes and youthful energy, was the first to speak. "All of your cards are feminine. Very curious. The empress speaks of abundance and fertility, but the hanged woman indicates a period of struggle and transformation. And the high priestess, well, she represents the mysteries of the unknown, a hint of the future yet to come."
The Mother, her round belly a clear indication of her pregnancy, nodded in agreement. "Yes, these cards do not bode well for an easy path ahead. But, without the guidance of the madam, we can’t truly decipher their true meaning and offer guidance to our sister."

Cara's brow furrowed as she tried to understand the significance of the divination. "Where is the madam? She is usually the one who cuts the thread, and interprets the cards."
Cara watched as the Maiden and the Mother exchanged a glance, their eyes filled with sorrow and regret. She had a feeling that she knew what they were about to say, and her heart sank in her chest.

"We have some knowledge of where she is," the Maiden said, her voice low and heavy. "And we know what has happened to her."
Cara's breath caught in her throat. "What do you mean?" she asked,

The Mother took a deep breath, her face grave and serious. "The Madam was that old woman on the cross, on the side of the road," she said, her voice filled with sorrow. "The one you passed on your journey here. Agatha was her avatar."

Cara's heart felt like it was breaking. "No," she said, shaking her head. "It can't be. That woman was barely alive, barely clinging to life."

"She was kept alive, on that cross, to prevent Yalizah from being nailed there herself," the Maiden said, her voice shaking with emotion. "It was a terrible fate… and yet…"
The Mother nodded in agreement. "The cross is an inevitability," she said, her voice filled with foreboding. "It is a symbol of suffering and sacrifice, one that we all must face at some point in our lives."

"Yalizah?" Cara repeated, her brow furrowed in confusion. "Who is Yalizah? The prophetess?!"

The Oracles looked at each other, their faces grave and serious. "She is perhaps the very reason you are here," the Mother said, "We have kept her hidden for some time."

"Why?" Cara asked, her voice trembling with fear and uncertainty. "What has happened to her?" Was Cara too late? Had she arrived after the prophetess’ death?

The Maiden took a deep breath, then began; “Nothing has happened… yet. It is what has yet to come to pass that we find the most concerning.”

"Yalizah is a prophetess, one who has received a terrible vision of her own torturous end on a Roman cross," the Mother continued, her voice heavy with emotion. "She is desperate to avoid this fate, but she fears that it is too late for her."

The prophetess stepped out from the shadows. It was almost like looking in a mirror, only she was fairer still. Cara's heart skipped a beat. This was the woman who had consorted with the oracles, the one who had ended up on a cross in Professor Moore’s expedition, and now she was in front of her, in the flesh. She knew, just by a glance alone, that this prophetess was a near doppelgänger of herself. Not a perfect match, but one so close that it might fool most onlookers. She had all of Cara’s most important features. The same body, the same super-long ultra-thick chestnut blonde hair, but with an even deeper ethereal beauty that Cara couldn't help but notice, even with her more plain attire. The only real difference was the short, blunt bangs that the prophetess wore.

"What can I do to help her?" Cara asked, her voice filled with trepidation, but still firm. “How can she be saved from this terrible fate? Is there a way?"
The Oracles looked at each other, their eyes flickering with an otherworldly light. "There is a way," the Mother said, her voice low and hushed. "But it will not be easy. You two are so much alike for a deeper reason, I believe. Are you willing to take on this burden, Cara? Are you ready to become Yalizah, to take her place in the world, even if it means sacrificing your own life?"

Cara felt tears streaming down her face, her heart heavy. She had never imagined that the Madam's fate could be so cruel and heartless. She knew, in that moment, that she had to do everything in her power to prevent Yalizah from suffering the same fate, especially since that might give her a chance to experience the cross. Cara sat before the oracles, her fate in the balance, but her head filled with terrible fear

The maiden spoke gravely. "It is not a choice, my dear. It is a necessity. The prophetess Yalizah has received a vision of her own death, and she is terrified of what is to come. She fears she cannot escape her fate, but she hopes that you can at least delay it for a while, long enough for her to be safe."

The mother, her face etched with lines of sorrow and experience, added, "The Romans grow more and more suspicious of Yalizah and her teachings with each passing day. They are seeking any excuse to silence her, and if they catch her, they will not hesitate to make an example of her." The Mother looked upon Cara with a grave expression. "That is where you come in, my dear. We need you to take her place, to act as the prophetess for a few days until the tether pulls you back. Yalizah's life depends on it."

Cara's heart pounded in her chest as she considered the gravity of the situation. Had they given her what she desired? "But what of me? What if I am caught? What if I suffer the same fate as Yalizah? Will the Romans nail me to the cross?"

The Maiden gave a heavy sigh. "We cannot sugarcoat it, my dear. The risks are high, and the chances of success are slim. But Yalizah is desperate, and she is willing to try anything to avoid her fate, she does not want to endure the cross… but you… you do."

“Yes,” Cara admitted, submissively, “I want to be nailed to a cross,”

The Mother placed a comforting hand on Cara's shoulder. "We will do everything in our power to protect you, but in the end, it is up to you; you might not survive the crucifixion. Are you willing to take on this burden, to try and save Yalizah's life?"

The Maiden looked upon Cara with a mixture of understanding and expectation. "It is not an easy decision, my dear, but it is one you must make. Yalizah is waiting for your answer."

As Cara sat in silence, struggling with her own fears and doubts, the prophetess spoke softly. "Cara, please. I am begging you. I know it is a lot to ask, but I have no other options. You are my only hope."

With a heavy heart, Cara made her decision. "I...I will do it. I will take your place and try to delay your fate."

Yalizah gave a relieved sigh, tears of gratitude glistening in her eyes. "Thank you, Cara. You will not regret this.”

The Mother snapped, “It is not on you to say that young one. Your vision may yet be a portent of a far more terrible fate than the one you avoided.”

“You did the right thing, Cara.” The Maiden began, “Please, take solace in that.”

“Stay the night, we insist; you had a long journey to get here.” the Mother added, “ There is a bed down in the chambers beneath. That is where Yalizah has been staying.”

“Thank you, Oracles. I am honored by your hospitality.” Cara bowed her head in respect.

The oracles were gone. Cara had looked down for a moment and they had vanished. Cara’s eyes darted side to side, she scanned the whole temple fruitlessly, but there was no one but Yalizah.

“Oh yeah, they do that. They only reveal themselves when asked a question worthy of them. When the questions have been answered… gone. They go back to being normal women… somewhere. Or they might not, I don’t really understand what they do.”

“Do you have any idea what they are?” ask Cara

"Realmente no es mi lugar preguntar sobre su naturaleza". respondió Yalizah, “Quiero decir, no pregunté mucho sobre ti. Tú mismo sabes muchísimo sobre el futuro. Podría ser un profeta, un ángel, cualquier cosa realmente”.

"Me temo que realmente no puedo decir mucho, podría poner en peligro mucho". respondió cara

"Mira, no es mi lugar para preguntar", dijo la profetisa,

"¿De verdad crees que sería un ángel?" preguntó cara

"Sí, bueno, supongo que podrías ser un poco demasiado hermosa para eso".

“Me halaga”, se sonrojó Cara, pero, de nuevo, ambos tenían un aspecto muy similar.

“Tengo mucho más que halagos para darte, ¡eres mi salvador!” dijo Yalizah ansiosamente

“Bueno, los oráculos me dieron la sabiduría que necesitaba”, respondió Cara.

“Yo no pensaría demasiado en ellos. Puede pasar un tiempo antes de que los vuelvas a ver. O nunca, en realidad. comenzó Yalizah. "Vamos abajo, tenemos mucho que hacer".
Yo estoy súper enganchado con la historia, espero que le puedas dar el final, saludos desde Bogota

Back
Top Bottom