Tortured Women

• Thread starter Deleted member 16647
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
There is an unsual German castle with an unusal history you might like very much (and you might really ask the owners there), because it was and still is situated in one of the deepest and isolatest German forests in the so-called "Dahner Felsenland" (= "Dahner rock country"). This "Felsenland" probably once was the ground of a sea which fell dry and its ground is today "red sandstone". This sandstone is at the same time stable but also a bit porous and relatively easy to be carved out for corridors or secret rooms.
On one of the most vertical rocks in this region (where I was born, by the way), this castle was built during the Middle Ages by one of the most dangerous German "Raubritter" (= "Robber Barron") of his time:

View attachment 1121956 In the beginning and in its most dangerous time, this castle had no visible entrance, no door, no drawbridge!

Instead, it had an "entrance chimney", carved out from the sandstone and you could get inside only by "knitters" or by a "foldable wooden staircase"! One single man could defend this castle for a long time against a whole army.

During the whole Middle Ages, this castle was never conquered and the "Robber Barron" made his money by abducting his enemies and traveling merchants, torturing them a bit in his torture chamber and extorting ransom for them. Although the German emperor of that time declared an "imperial ban" against this barron, which meant that every other knight could try to conquer this castle and kill this barron and his soldiers, this forest was simply too remote and this castle too difficult to be attacked. The possible success was not worth the effort for all the German knights and army commanders of those times.

Today, this castle is a popular destination for local school classes and some tourists who got lost in the Palatinate Forest (= "Pfälzerwald") and who want to have "a little German medieval horror", because the torture chamber is really impressive and the well in the center of the castle is a masterpiece of its own because it is 104 meters deep, which is always shown by the private owners of this castle for tourists by telling them: "Please be silent now because I let fall a little stone down this well and listen carefully how long it takes to hear the splash or the 'tock', when the echo from down there reaches our ears!" It is really astonishing long and there is a metal grid inside the well so that no one can fall into it.

View attachment 1121963

Very interesting! Sounds I reallu have to see this castle. I can recommend Schloss Moosham in Austria. A really beautifull castle, which I visited a long time ago. At that time the castle owner himself gave the tours. For a long period there were witch trials in the castle and of course it has a very nice torture chamber - for those who like such things :) .

I must say, your work.... the models and settings you choose, the torture content, facial expression, and overall quality of the scene is just top notch. I love these images, and very much appreciate you sharing them here. I'm a long time collector and fan of torture art, and your work is right up there among the best imo.

I must say, your work.... the models and settings you choose, the torture content, facial expression, and overall quality of the scene is just top notch. I love these images, and very much appreciate you sharing them here. I'm a long time collector and fan of torture art, and your work is right up there among the best imo.
Very, very nice to hear. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom