Virgin Mary getting crucified (feel free to expand this story)

• Thread starter Deleted member 47625
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
@Praetor, I wouldn’t call it offensive. It’s more like the kind of balls-out blasphemy that this recovering Catholic craves.

For instance, about 20 years ago the artist WelshWebb drew this Female Christ on the cross. And since Mary Magdalene disappears from the biblical record after the Gospels, I’ve always thought of this as what really happened to her, along with Martha and Mary of Bethany.

View attachment 1305375

So given that CF can be considered a den of impiety and iniquity, I feel the Virgin Mary is fair game. ;)
Well, most of the apostles disappear after the Gospels too (meaning they aren't in Acts and don't have "letters" attributed to them--if I remember only John, Peter, Philip, and James the son of Zebedee appear in Acts), unless you count apocryphal gospels (Thomas, Philip, James, even Judas). These are late (meaning a century or two after the crucifixion). Mary Magdalene has a gospel all her own of this sort. Paul does say in his letters (which are only less than 30 years after the crucifixion) that the apostles, in addition to Peter and Jesus' brother James, were in Jerusalem when he went there with Barnabas maybe 18 or so years after his conversion. Apparently all this Jerusalem activity was wiped out when Titus took Jerusalem in AD 70, but by then Christianity had spread around the Empire and to Rome itself (Claudius in the 40's AD kicked at least one synagogue out of Rome because there were divisions and disturbances over someone called "Chrestus"). Most of what is known of most of the apostles is hearsay "tradition", but I wouldn't bet against Mary Magdalene being an active Christian with some influence.
The names of some of the Apostles are even questionable, with Matthew, Luke, and John differing. Also, John says that Andrew, Peter's brother at least, was a follower of John the Baptist (some think Jesus himself started that way as well) and was directed to Jesus by John, whereas Matthew says Peter and Andrew were called by Jesus when they were working in their father's fishing business.
So in many ways this is worse than the mythology around Arthur or even Washington and Lincoln.

Here is the carrying pick I was referring to. "Mary" has a resolute expression. "Jesus" looks befuddled. This in my opinion is a great picture.
View attachment 1305647

Straight to the archive, thanks. I probbaly have it somewhere but it is indeed a great carrying pic

@Praetor
For instance, about 20 years ago the artist WelshWebb drew this Female Christ on the cross. And since Mary Magdalene disappears from the biblical record after the Gospels, I’ve always thought of this as what really happened to her, along with Martha and Mary of Bethany.

If you want to crucify a Magdalen, may I suggest Barbara Hershey, who play the role in "The Last Temptation of Christ"?

Mary Magdalen always seemed a better subject for crucifixion to me - younger, interesting personal history, relationship to Christ etc. I don't know who she is but the Mormons have an actress portraying her who looks very suitable for such a fate
mary_magdalene25.jpg

It's easy to imagine that her fate was like many of the apostles, captured and put to death, even crucified. For the alternative historians who say she fled to Gaul, well, there were Romans there too!

Time for another manip, I think

And the Holy Grale isn't in Scotland.

Well that's exactly what you would say if you were trying to hide its true location, BobbieBound. Or is that really Bobbie Brown ??

The story of the 'Three Marys' who fled to Gaul, is merely a legend, created during the Middle Ages in France, more than 1000 years later, rather than a historical hypothesis.

Yes, but it's a legend that has been picked up and run with by the Holy Blood, Holy Grail crowd. These people claim the Merovingians were descended from Jesus through Mary Magdalen, indeed that the vaulting arches of gothic cathedrals are a nod to her holy womb ffs. There is nothing so strange that someone doesn't believe it.

Anyway it would make the basis of a good crux story.

OK, I had a little dabble, and came up with a quick and dirty Magdalen crux manip. I may work on this theme a bit more and produce something a little more substantial.

ph536.jpg

there is a lot of art in that direction, eg maria+jesus, jesus+gf (if you think maria magdalena is his girl friend, i don't think, actually i guess it is the employ of maria), so one i stumbled over...

View attachment 1305720
Whoever did this manip of Rembrandt's "Lamentation over the body of Christ" definitely knew what they were about.

IMG_2592.jpegIMG_2594.jpeg

I expanded an existing Mary M story a long time ago........horrible work, but it was one of my first posts......... :)

Attachments

• Mary M disappears 3.docx
    22.8 KB · Views: 42
@Praetor, I wouldn’t call it offensive. It’s more like the kind of balls-out blasphemy that this recovering Catholic craves.

Personally, I wouldn't call it blasphemy. By definition, blasphemy is irreverence towards a deity. Mary isn't a deity (not even in Catholicism, contrary to what some American fundamentalists might say).

Heck, according to Eulalia's informed posts, my story could even be a semi-orthodox interpretation of Mary's vicarious suffering. If you read it properly, all of the "blasphemous" things aimed towards Mary are projections made either by the crowd or by the guard.

Disclaimer: My previous statement isn't in any shape or form related to the degree of my personal degeneracy, which is indeed empirically proven and not a matter of dispute. Yes, I'm a degenerate pervert who gets off on the idea of Virgin Mary being crucified, but that doesn't mean that what I wrote before isn't true.

Maia Morgenstern was 42 when she made Passion and she's Romanian/Jewish, so by age and ethnicity she is right for the part.
View attachment 1305358View attachment 1305359View attachment 1305360
If you want to crucify a Magdalen, may I suggest Barbara Hershey, who play the role in "The Last Temptation of Christ"?
View attachment 1305366View attachment 1305367
She's also Jewish on her father's side (Barbara Lynn Herzstein). Interestingly, she was 40 when she played the role.
Barbara Hershey has a TV movie with David Niven (Intrepid) where she is tortured by the Germans in WW2. The villain is Michael York. I seem to recall there being a scene where you see her shadow being whipped reflected on a wall. I seem to recall something like that.

Back
Top Bottom