Wraggles To The Rescue!

Go to CruxDreams.com
Nosh - Yiddish nashin, from German naschen 'nibble' - first cited in Merriam Webster in 1917,
it seems to have taken off as a noun for a nibble, a snack, pretty quickly in the 1920s,
so I think Barb would have known it. In London English these days it has another meaning,
'I gave my boyfriend a nosh' doesn't mean she gave him a sandwich ;) :devil:

Nosh - Yiddish nashin, from German naschen 'nibble' - first cited in Merriam Webster in 1917,
it seems to have taken off as a noun for a nibble, a snack, pretty quickly in the 1920s,
so I think Barb would have known it. In London English these days it has another meaning,
Well, then. The Barb Worralson of this little band would almost certainly know that.;) She's had more than basic training, as the Bishop said to the bridegroom. I mean, she's a trained jumper, after all. :cool::devil:

“Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.” RR replied, slightly condescendingly. “Miss Messaline has six SS guards. They are due to be relieved at midnight. We will intercept the relief group, dispose of them, and become the group ourselves. As soon as the others have gone, we can rescue Messaline. Simple.”

Oh, take all your time , I'm not hurried ... Aaaaaaaarg, those nails are the hell !!!:eek:

PS : dont forget the pinchers : you'll find them in the farm'workshop, I hope at least ...:D

Andaroos 4 - 304.jpg

Oh, take all your time , I'm not hurried ... Aaaaaaaarg, those nails are the hell !!!:eek:

PS : dont forget the pinchers : you'll find them in the farm'workshop, I hope at least ...:D

I'm sure that these highly competent chaps will be fully equipped for the task, Messa! ;)

Alright, that Barb was impatient, I believe. But that she used the word "nosh" in 1944, that's seems dubious, unless she picked it up from some of the fliers from Brooklyn that she was hanging out with. And I don't know if even they would have used that word.

What does it mean? Spare no details, please, we're all grownups here (well, many of us are)

tongue.jpg
This is a Nosh!

Waiter? A bit of mustard, please!!!!

Meanwhile in the Sicherheidsdienst, Berlin.
"Did you check that pilot's message with the (pi)-squared derivative to the Archimedes Screw Arrangement before sending it, Fritz?"
"Why bother? The Führer just said we will win this war over a few weeks anyway!"
"Right! Just don't forget to warn the commander of the 15th Army to blow up the Remagen bridge immediately! The Americans are coming too close for comfort there!"
"Sure I will, sure I will!"

Robert Vaughn, actor, November 22, 1932 – November 11, 2016 RIP. The Bridge at Remagen...

brucke-von-remagen-die-robert-vaughn-4-rcm0x1920u.jpg

Is that innuendo? I'm just not sure...:rolleyes::confused::doh:

Those drills look nasty, Jolly, I don't think you'd like them in your endo at all!

“Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.” RR replied, slightly condescendingly.

Did RR also greet them with "good moaning" ?

They said to me that old Pp
Had fine cask ale discovered
Phlebas flew quite straight and true
Although completely lathered
Jollyrei, on this dark day
Had met some German chaps
So Wraggles' crew had nowt to do -
They'd all had too much schnapps!

Brilliant adaption, Wragg :)

“Sorry, Repertor, my mind was, er, elsewhere!” he replied, embarrassed.

Yes Wraggles, schnapp out of it!

Robert Vaughn, actor, November 22, 1932 – November 11, 2016 RIP. The Bridge at Remagen...

Whatever else can be said about the Germans in WWII, those Wehrmacht uniforms were damn stylish. I would love one of those leather coats.:cool:
Our side, on the other hand, seems to be relying on the inconspicuous approach. :rolleyes::D

Back
Top Bottom