Jastrow's Pic of the Day

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ladies, you mean "legionaries," not "legionnaires."

The former were the sinews of the of the Caesars and the Imperium. The latter were the middle aged guys I remember from my boyhood still who were still arguing whether it was Hürtgen Forest or The Bulge that was the bigger/more important battle in January of '45.
Aye, that's why I was teasing Barb ;):p

I know better ... I can't always see well what I have done on my cell phone screen :doh:

Monday, January 15, 2018–Day 15: It is colder than cold where I am today with severe wind chill advisories. People are trying to come up with ways to keep warm. Here’s one way...although I really don’t recommend it...

Back in 2006, I called it "Flaming Red"

Attachments

• Flaming Red r.jpg
    Flaming Red r.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 1,203
Monday, January 15, 2018–Day 15: It is colder than cold where I am today with severe wind chill advisories. People are trying to come up with ways to keep warm. Here’s one way...although I really don’t recommend it...

Back in 2006, I called it "Flaming Red"

Your Sister Julia found her own way to keep toasty warm, Jas. :devil:

Attachments

• C4C719D9-7F40-4A8F-9CF9-F6E757996DC3.jpeg
    C4C719D9-7F40-4A8F-9CF9-F6E757996DC3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,125
"Cold as cold" doesn't do justice to conditions outside. Surely someone can come up with a more descriptive phrase. "Colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra" comes to mind but there must be others. Help me out!

Oh, and the roads and sidewalks are "Slicker than snot."'

"Cold as cold" doesn't do justice to conditions outside. Surely someone can come up with a more descriptive phrase. "Colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra" comes to mind but there must be others. Help me out!

Oh, and the roads and sidewalks are "Slicker than snot."'

"Cold as a tax collector's heart" comes to mind, but lacks the ribald imagery of tits and bras.

And this Louisiana boy found out to his sorrow during his first winter in NYC that black ice is, in fact, slicker than snot.

Being crucified for an eternity in a pit of fire is not something I wish on anyone, to be honest. Can't really jill off to something like that.

Yeah, i reckon in terms of unspeakable torment crucifixion on top of eternal damnation is just plain redundant. I also note that burning people alive or nailing them to crosses for real is something of a turnoff.

But the keyword for both BATS and Crux is fantasy.

So are the Flames Eternal, he said, risking a theological argument inappropriate for this discussion group. ;)

Tuesday, January 16, 2018–Day 16: It is the Night of the Wolf and it is someone’s turn to howl! I think her time on the cross might be coming to a premature end...
From 2008.

I’ve always thought of this render from the wolves' point of view, and call it "Supper,"

Wednesday, January 17, 2018–Day 17: In 2007, I thought I’d do a variation of ‘riding the rail’, an American frontier tradition that essentially involves forcing a victim to straddle a fence rail and be carried through to town with much verbal abuse and sometimes tar and feathers. (A story attributed to Abraham Lincoln has him quoting a victim of being ridden out of town on a rail and saying, "If it weren't for the honor of the thing, I'd just as soon it happened to someone else.") Attached is an illustrated example of the technique from Mark Twain's "Huckleberry Finn".
I thought this technique could be adapted to a Roman environment and would involve the delivery a pretty nude victim (or victims) to a grim fate on a cross in the arena. My attempt to do this, however, turned into a bit of a disaster. I did a test rendering of the scene but when I went to edit it further, my computer froze up and I had to shut the computer down and, since I had not saved the file, the working daz file was lost. I did have the test rendering, but it needed a ton of post production work to get anything even half way presentable. Attached it the result of that effort which I finished up yesterday. Far from perfect, but at least I was able to salvage something from the unpleasant experience. I call it Railrider.

Attachments

• Railrider.jpg
    Railrider.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,205
  • 300px-Huck_Finn_Travelling_by_Rail.jpg
    300px-Huck_Finn_Travelling_by_Rail.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,050
Wednesday, January 17, 2018–Day 17: In 2007, I thought I’d do a variation of ‘riding the rail’, an American frontier tradition that essentially involves forcing a victim to straddle a fence rail and be carried through to town with much verbal abuse and sometimes tar and feathers. (A story attributed to Abraham Lincoln has him quoting a victim of being ridden out of town on a rail and saying, "If it weren't for the honor of the thing, I'd just as soon it happened to someone else.") Attached is an illustrated example of the technique from Mark Twain's "Huckleberry Finn".
I thought this technique could be adapted to a Roman environment and would involve the delivery a pretty nude victim (or victims) to a grim fate on a cross in the arena. My attempt to do this, however, turned into a bit of a disaster. I did a test rendering of the scene but when I went to edit it further, my computer froze up and I had to shut the computer down and, since I had not saved the file, the working daz file was lost. I did have the test rendering, but it needed a ton of post production work to get anything even half way presentable. Attached it the result of that effort which I finished up yesterday. Far from perfect, but at least I was able to salvage something from the unpleasant experience. I call it Railrider.

Fiendish ... only the Romans would think to have two other victims carry the rail into the arena. The American frontier was just too backward to think like the Romans. :rolleyes:

Nice salvage job, J. :clapping:

Looks good to me. :)

Back
Top Bottom