Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
This is from the film "The Thing". Antarctic researchers find a dog which is apparently the only survivor of a previous expedition. They check Twitter which gives the dog the Blue Tick of Verification, so it must be a dog. The shapeshifting alien now has access to new group of victims.

Twitter or is it X? I usually call it ExTwitter or TwitteX.

I don’t know if those outside the old Frankish kingdom know the story of the vase of Soissons.

It goes like this : in 486 AD, the Frankish king clovis had looted the town of Soissons. One part of the loot was a marvelous, very valuable vase, stolen from a church. As part of diplomacy, Clovis had decided to restore the vase to the bishop of Reims. But one of the soldiers firmly disagreed, and broke the vase with his battle axe.

About a year later, Clovis encountered the soldier again. Pretending to inspect the soldiers battle axe, he said it was badly maintained, he threw it on the ground. As the soldier bent forward to pick it op, Clovis crushed his had with his own battle axe.

The anecdote of the vase was a standard part of history lessons at school.

So, one day, an inspector of history enters a classroom, points to a pupil, and asks :

“You! Who broke the vase of Soissons!?”

The boy burst out in tears and answers : “But Sir, I did not do it!”

Annoyed, the inspector looks at the teacher :

“Explain me that!?”

The teacher answers :

“Really, Sir, I don not think, that boy did it! I rather suspect that one there on the last row!”

Angered, the inspector leaves the classroom, and goes straight to the headmaster’s office!

“Headmaster! What is going on here!? I asked a pupil to tell me who broke the vase of Soissons, but instead of answering, he burst out it tears, saying he did not do it. When I inquired the teacher about it, he said he did not believe, that boy did, but he accused another pupil for having done it! What kind of a school is this!? I want an explanation!”

“Mister inspector,” the headmaster said, “don’t be so angered about it! I am sure, the school’s insurance will pay the indemnity for that vase!”

View attachment 1400024
it's 3d-printed of course...
AI generated pictures and videos are a serious problem for police and courts, as well as democratic elections. Spread an AI produced video of {{famous politician}} robbing a bank and disturbing numbers of idiots will believe it and call for prosecution. Juries will be faced with images of criminals committing crimes, and be unable to tell if they are real or not.

Wearing fake fingers or an extra leg is probably a temporary fix as the AI fakes are getting more and more realistic, but is an entertaining idea all the same.

Back
Top Bottom