Rosie's Crucifixion

Go to CruxDreams.com
You would think I would be happy to be free from the cross. I would be if I was free. But because this was the 50th anniversary of the spring festival crucifixions and I hung from the cross for twelve hours instead of the usual three there had been tremendous interest in my crucifixion. Mr. Rodent paid the university for the film rights (I got nothing) and with a thousand smartphone camera I became the darling of social media with my naked crucified available around the world on the web. I was even on the front page of the Crux Chronicle with a dozen page spread with pictures and a ‘play-by-play’ of my suffering. I don’t even remember how they took that picture.
rosie.jpg
The narrative was pretty good but I know was missing. No one knows my relationship with the cross.
I knew my notoriety would eventually pass. I thought as memories faded so would my feelings towards my cross. That is not the case.

I did not enjoy being crucified. I was painful, humiliating, and often monotonous. As much as I feared then I would not survive the twelve hours now I can’t get out of my head that the cross let me go! I gave it all of me. I surrendered my body, my pride, and my soul to it!

At first I tried to drown the memories and the emotions but that didn’t help.

owp 197.jpg
Then I found there were clubs that I could be bound to a cross but it wasn’t the same. None of would crucify me longer than a few hours. What is the point of that; I was barely introduced to the wood when they took me down!

I even found someone who agreed to crucify me for twenty-four hours. It was horrible but still did not satisfy my needs.

crux 111.jpg
I need to be on my cross until it consumes me. I need to be nailed to my cross and hang there until I give my life to the wood that takes mine.

Over time I had given up on the idea until Mr. Rodent showed up at my door. He asked me if I have a passport. I do. He hands me a pass for a one way flight on a charter jet and said “In one week your dreams… or nightmares… will come true.”

“Where? How?” I ask.

“If you are not there you will never see me again. Sign here.”

I do without reading a thing. “I’ll be there.”

Tree

...I told you he couldn't write a short story... -Ulrika

I do like this - the idea of feeling an intimate relationship, a kind of identification, with 'my' cross,
(or rather, the cross who possesses me) - strikes a note deep inside me. Elf-bride in The Girl with no Name
is exploring a similar sense of 'becoming one' with the cross.

I do like this - the idea of feeling an intimate relationship, a kind of identification, with 'my' cross,
(or rather, the cross who possesses me) - strikes a note deep inside me. Elf-bride in The Girl with no Name
is exploring a similar sense of 'becoming one' with the cross.
At one point I was going to PM Eul to tell her I really wasn't just ripping her idea (I didn't). On some of my long threads I don't always know where they are going except generally. As I am trying to do short stories I pretty much outline the whole thing. I just think faster than I type:D.

The story extension wasn't intended but I think it was Phlebas who asked some questions that I had to explore.

Which leads to this. In light of Eul's comments and Rosie's comments:

Over time I had given up on the idea until Mr. Rodent showed up at my door. He asked me if I have a passport. I do. He hands me a pass for a one way flight on a charter jet and said “In one week your dreams… or nightmares… will come true.”

“Where? How?” I ask.

“If you are not there you will never see me again. Sign here.”

I do without reading a thing. “I’ll be there.”

Rosie has had time to think and while emotionally still 'attached' to her cross, if you are Rosie do get on the plane with no more details than RR's assurance if she is not there her chance is gone do you meet the plane???

Tree

...no, Ulrika, I am not telling if she does or her destination if she does....

oh, I certainly didn't see it as plagiarising -
great minds (Tree's and Elf-bride's - I'm just the polishing slave) thinking alike :devil:
and, as ever, the inimitable twists in a Tree story! :D

The week dragged. I want the cross but almost a year has passed since I hanged from it and I am not sure I am really ready to die- even for my cross. I probably should have read what I signed. It’s a bit late for that. Mr. Rodent said I needn’t pack anything and not worry about my passport. I light up a Madame Wu and wonder what happens if I show at the private flight.
madame wu 12.jpg
Worse yet, I wonder if I can live with what happens if I don’t in the morning…

I’d have told her to run, Ulrika. But it is really up to you and the ladies…

…no, I never claimed to understand women…

tree god dark 3.jpg

Tree

Rosie’s Crucifixion- a short story

Part one

At the University of the Virgin Martyrs there was the annual Rite of Spring. Female students would compete to be crucified at the festival. Even though they would have to be publicly presented naked before the judges and their fellow students and one would be selected to be mounted to a cross and raised to hang naked before faculty and friends. There was never a shortage of contestants.
View attachment 169285
Why should there be? It was a higher honor to be selected to be crucified at the festival than being picked homecoming queen!...
I love the 4th and the 6th

The story extension wasn't intended but I think it was Phlebas who asked some questions that I had to explore.

Glad to be an inspiration :)

Rosie has had time to think and while emotionally still 'attached' to her cross, if you are Rosie do get on the plane with no more details than RR's assurance if she is not there her chance is gone do you meet the plane???

I think I may have read something similar years ago. What does she do? How committed is she if she takes this plunge? Does her life change forever? Is she giving herself to follow her desire, her need, wherever it leads and at whatever cost? Powerful decision.

I need to be on my cross until it consumes me. I need to be nailed to my cross and hang there until I give my life to the wood that takes mine.

That seems to answer it - the consuming need, the desire to follow it through to the end. She must get on the plane.

Great stuff Tree, getting under the skin of the protagonist. Need, desire, surrender.

I have had a week to make up my mind. If I go my life will end on a cross. If I don’t I will live but what will that life be like? I am torn. A year has passed and I still function pretty well. I know the memory of the cross will fade but it will never be gone. Can I not cope with that and live or has the cross truly stolen my heart, mind, and soul and must I offer myself to it to take me completely?

It is the morning I must decide. A car will be here at noon. I can send it away and live my life. If I get in the car my life becomes shorter and there is no turning back. I take a shower then have a cup of coffee with a towel wrapped about my hair.

barb 007.jpg
I look about at my apartment. If I get in the car this is my last morning here. I thought this would be an easier decision bit there is a lot running through my head. I had to sign a ‘power of attorney’ statement that doesn’t go in effect until two days from now. If I don’t go I can rescind it before it takes effect. If I go whatever I own is surrendered. Not that it matters as I won’t need it.

There is another wrinkle to this. What if this is a legal kidnapping and I am just taken as a slave. I have no details of what happens after noon today. I doubt you can get a contract signed spelling out my crucifixion and it hold up in court…

Tree

I walk to the dresser and look at the paper laying on it. I lean against the wall and read it again.

“I am your cross. Come to be with me. If you choose to join me put on the clothing next to my note. I am your cross- come back to me…”

The note goes on.

“Surrender to me. When you are dressed unlock your door then put the shackles about your ankles then lock your wrists in the cuffs behind your back. Leave your passport in view. If you are not ready or the door is locked when the driver arrives you will have rejected me and you will not know me again, Rosanne.”

001 a.jpg

I sigh. I have a half-hour to make up my mind.

Tree

I walk to the dresser and look at the paper laying on it. I lean against the wall and read it again.

“I am your cross. Come to be with me. If you choose to join me put on the clothing next to my note. I am your cross- come back to me…”

The note goes on. nice job Tree... well thought out an written.

“Surrender to me. When you are dressed unlock your door then put the shackles about your ankles then lock your wrists in the cuffs behind your back. Leave your passport in view. If you are not ready or the door is locked when the driver arrives you will have rejected me and you will not know me again, Rosanne.”

View attachment 171388

I sigh. I have a half-hour to make up my mind.

Tree

“I am your cross. Come to be with me. . . . I am your cross- come back to me…”

It's a hell of an invitation. How would I respond? How would you?

I am your cross.
I long for your touch
You long to embrace me
I am your cross.

I am your cross.
Put aside your cares
Give yourself to me
I am your cross.

I am your cross.
I am what you seek
I am what completes you
I am your cross.

...you have Phlebas to blame for this extended story. His questions could not remain unanswered yet Tree must admit he is torn on what will happen...

:D admit it, you love the chance to extend the story. Follow it to the end, see where it goes

…so what do I decide? I put on the push-up bra. It’s a lacey white underwire bra that indeed pushes up my breasts but the low cut cups do not cover my nipples. I put on the white blouse that is sheer and tight enough that when I stand up straight you don’t have to guess what my breasts look like. I step into the black leather skirt and work it over my butt and hips then step into the white heels and buckle the straps. I walk to the door and unlock the deadbolt lock and check that it opens.

It is 11:55. In five minutes it will be noon and the driver with be here. I have only one last thing to put on. I look at the chromed cuffs and shackles that are joined by a chrome chain. There is no key for them. I tell myself ‘just do it Rosie or you regret not doing it the rest of your life’.

My hands are shaking as I lock one ankle then the other in the shackles. I push my hair back over my shoulders I take the cuffs in one hand and lock one wrist in it then swing my hands behind my back. It took a bit of fumbling around before I capture my other wrist. I look in the mirror then laugh “What do you do now if this is a ruse?”

At noon the door opens and a hulking black man in a black chauffer’s uniform walks in. I’m suddenly very aware I have no panties on. He walks to the table, opens my passport, looks at me and says “Let’s go, Rosanne.”

I walk into the hall with steps limited by the chain between my ankles. He closes the door to my apartment and locks it and my life behind me…

Tree

Back
Top Bottom