The Disappearance Of Princess Cordelia

Go to CruxDreams.com
With a black-clad monk on each side of her, Eulalia was conducted down into the courtyard. She gasped as she saw the seven crosses laying there, now in a semi-circle, awaiting their victims.

She noted that hers was the central cross, with Barb and Siss either side of her, then Roxie and Blaire, then Elise and Cordelia on the outside. “Well,” thought Eulalia, grimly, “Elise’s cross at least will stay empty for a bit longer.”

“Seven crosses for seven witches,” Vulcan grinned as his moment of triumph approached. “And I will get Elise, have no fear of that! She will join you well before I let you die!”

A door opened and the remaining prisoners, under guard, were brought into the courtyard. Cordelia was already nude, but the others still wore the clothes they’d been captured in.

Barbaria and Siss looked crestfallen when they saw Eulalia, and Vulcan noted their dismay. “Ah, yes, Barbaria, this time you have no hope. Eulalia is my prisoner, too. And ‘Quiet Paul’ is laying in a heap of broken bones on the valley floor below. My men will retrieve his body – even if he has another miraculous resurrection, he will be neutralised. I’m thinking of installing another cross, as a matter of fact!”

Eulalia gazed up at an eagle wheeling overhead, determined to keep her mind clear of thoughts of Paul, lest she give him away.

“Something for you to think on, while you hang and suffer,” continued Vulcan, smoothly. “I am in touch with Prince Naraku. My armies and those of Draen will besiege Heidraen, Shevak and his bastard son Pilus will be killed, and it will be ‘Long Live King Naraku!’ With me as his chief advisor, of course.” Prince Naraku was Shevak’s younger brother, and Pilus’ uncle.

“Pilus is no bastard!” flared Barbaria. “He is the rightful heir to the throne of Aestria!”

“Oh, so you were married, were you, when Shevak shagged you and Pilus was conceived?”

“How…..fucking…..dare….you?” Barbaria, her eyes blazing with fury, started towards Vulcan but her guards, with some difficulty, restrained her.

“I think some nails will do wonders for your temper, Barbaria,” sneered Vulcan. “Let her be first!”

“NOOOO!” Roxie was horrified. Was she expected to stand here and watch her own mother being nailed to a cross? And then her daughter?

Barbaria could not believe this was happening to her again. This could not be happening to her again! She fought like a woman possessed, as they struggled to tear her clothes from her. She threatened them with all kinds of retribution, but it made no difference. After some minutes they finally ripped off her loincloth and she stood, nude, before the leering Lord Vulcan. As she stood, panting, her breasts rose and fell with exertion and fear.

Oh, God, no. Please, God, no. She had survived the cross once, she knew all too well what was coming, and she dreaded it. She could not hide her fear of the cross, as every nightmare that she’d had since the Siege of Ystragarth culminated in this one dreadful moment. And now that she was stark naked her terror increased tenfold.

She fought them every step of the journey to the cross. They picked her up but still she kicked and struggled, bit and scratched, screamed and swore. Tears streamed down Eulalia’s face, as she watched. She knew all too well Barbaria’s terror of crucifixion, but she was powerless to assist as Barbaria was literally forced down onto her cross.

The other women watching were in no better state. Siss shared Barbaria’s terror and was visibly shaking with fear. Cordelia had lost control of her bladder, and Roxie and Blaire were trying their hardest not to watch, but they, too, had tears flooding down their faces.

There were five of them trying to crucify Barbaria, but as they tried to stretch out her arm she got purchase on the ground with her feet and three of them went flying. She started to struggle to get up but more monks threw themselves into the fray until Eulalia could barely see Barbaria through the mass of black cloaks.

The mountains echoed with the sound of Barbaria’s screams and curses, but this time they managed to get her right arm onto approximately the correct position. Eulalia saw a heavy hammer rise, and fall.

Four more monks flew over as Barbaria kicked and thrashed in response to the blow. But she was shown no mercy as the nail was driven home.

Despite the pain she was in, Barbaria continued to fight them every step of the way. It took them some time to get her left arm into position, and once again the mountains rang with the clang of the hammer and Barbaria’s terrified, infuriated bellows of agony and protest.

The struggle went to another level when they tried to nail her feet. It was nigh on impossible to hold onto her legs as she kicked furiously, and more than one of the monks ended up nursing severe bruises. But Lord Vulcan had given the order, she must be crucified, and somehow they got her foot flat against the stipes, positioned a nail, and smashed it home.

The final nail was slightly easier, because the fight was beginning to go out of Barbaria, but it had taken a full fifteen minutes before, finally, for the second time in her life, Queen Barbaria was stretched out naked upon a cross, held there by four savage spikes.

“Raise her!” ordered Vulcan, and Barbaria’s only protests now could be vocal as the cross was raised into its position, and dropped, with a thump, into its socket. Barbaria lurched forwards as the cross stopped, screaming in her unbelievable agony, nails tearing her flesh as the movement was arrested.

“Now for my piece de resistance!” grinned Vulcan. He muttered and incantation, and cast a spell at Barbaria. For a moment her nude body glowed in a golden light, and for that instant the pain left her and, in surprise, she stopped screaming. Then the waves of pain hit her again, as did the panic, and she began to scream and thrash once more.

“What….what did you do to her?” Siss glared at Vulcan, her gaze challenging and insolent.

“I have arranged it so that she will live on that cross until I choose to let her die!” Vulcan looked pleased with himself.

There was silence, other than Barbaria’s screams, while Siss and the others digested what Vulcan had said.

“You mean….she won’t die in a day or so? Not even in a week or so?”

“You understand perfectly, my dear. Don’t be jealous, I shall treat you the same. All except Cordelia. You can all watch her die in the normal time.”

“You……you……BASTARD!” screamed Siss.

“Aren’t I just?” smiled Vulcan, “I thought it rather clever.” He paused, then added, conversationally, “Shall we get Cordelia crucified?”

Cordelia wailed in terror as they began to drag her towards her cross.

With a black-clad monk on each side of her, Eulalia was conducted down into the courtyard. She gasped as she saw the seven crosses laying there, now in a semi-circle, awaiting their victims.

She noted that hers was the central cross, with Barb and Siss either side of her, then Roxie and Blaire, then Elise and Cordelia on the outside. “Well,” thought Eulalia, grimly, “Elise’s cross at least will stay empty for a bit longer.”

“Seven crosses for seven witches,” Vulcan grinned as his moment of triumph approached. “And I will get Elise, have no fear of that! She will join you well before I let you die!”

A door opened and the remaining prisoners, under guard, were brought into the courtyard. Cordelia was already nude, but the others still wore the clothes they’d been captured in.

Barbaria and Siss looked crestfallen when they saw Eulalia, and Vulcan noted their dismay. “Ah, yes, Barbaria, this time you have no hope. Eulalia is my prisoner, too. And ‘Quiet Paul’ is laying in a heap of broken bones on the valley floor below. My men will retrieve his body – even if he has another miraculous resurrection, he will be neutralised. I’m thinking of installing another cross, as a matter of fact!”

Eulalia gazed up at an eagle wheeling overhead, determined to keep her mind clear of thoughts of Paul, lest she give him away.

“Something for you to think on, while you hang and suffer,” continued Vulcan, smoothly. “I am in touch with Prince Naraku. My armies and those of Draen will besiege Heidraen, Shevak and his bastard son Pilus will be killed, and it will be ‘Long Live King Naraku!’ With me as his chief advisor, of course.” Prince Naraku was Shevak’s younger brother, and Pilus’ uncle.

“Pilus is no bastard!” flared Barbaria. “He is the rightful heir to the throne of Aestria!”

“Oh, so you were married, were you, when Shevak shagged you and Pilus was conceived?”

“How…..fucking…..dare….you?” Barbaria, her eyes blazing with fury, started towards Vulcan but her guards, with some difficulty, restrained her.

“I think some nails will do wonders for your temper, Barbaria,” sneered Vulcan. “Let her be first!”

“NOOOO!” Roxie was horrified. Was she expected to stand here and watch her own mother being nailed to a cross? And then her daughter?

Barbaria could not believe this was happening to her again. This could not be happening to her again! She fought like a woman possessed, as they struggled to tear her clothes from her. She threatened them with all kinds of retribution, but it made no difference. After some minutes they finally ripped off her loincloth and she stood, nude, before the leering Lord Vulcan. As she stood, panting, her breasts rose and fell with exertion and fear.

Oh, God, no. Please, God, no. She had survived the cross once, she knew all too well what was coming, and she dreaded it. She could not hide her fear of the cross, as every nightmare that she’d had since the Siege of Ystragarth culminated in this one dreadful moment. And now that she was stark naked her terror increased tenfold.

She fought them every step of the journey to the cross. They picked her up but still she kicked and struggled, bit and scratched, screamed and swore. Tears streamed down Eulalia’s face, as she watched. She knew all too well Barbaria’s terror of crucifixion, but she was powerless to assist as Barbaria was literally forced down onto her cross.

The other women watching were in no better state. Siss shared Barbaria’s terror and was visibly shaking with fear. Cordelia had lost control of her bladder, and Roxie and Blaire were trying their hardest not to watch, but they, too, had tears flooding down their faces.

There were five of them trying to crucify Barbaria, but as they tried to stretch out her arm she got purchase on the ground with her feet and three of them went flying. She started to struggle to get up but more monks threw themselves into the fray until Eulalia could barely see Barbaria through the mass of black cloaks.

The mountains echoed with the sound of Barbaria’s screams and curses, but this time they managed to get her right arm onto approximately the correct position. Eulalia saw a heavy hammer rise, and fall.

Four more monks flew over as Barbaria kicked and thrashed in response to the blow. But she was shown no mercy as the nail was driven home.

Despite the pain she was in, Barbaria continued to fight them every step of the way. It took them some time to get her left arm into position, and once again the mountains rang with the clang of the hammer and Barbaria’s terrified, infuriated bellows of agony and protest.

The struggle went to another level when they tried to nail her feet. It was nigh on impossible to hold onto her legs as she kicked furiously, and more than one of the monks ended up nursing severe bruises. But Lord Vulcan had given the order, she must be crucified, and somehow they got her foot flat against the stipes, positioned a nail, and smashed it home.

The final nail was slightly easier, because the fight was beginning to go out of Barbaria, but it had taken a full fifteen minutes before, finally, for the second time in her life, Queen Barbaria was stretched out naked upon a cross, held there by four savage spikes.

“Raise her!” ordered Vulcan, and Barbaria’s only protests now could be vocal as the cross was raised into its position, and dropped, with a thump, into its socket. Barbaria lurched forwards as the cross stopped, screaming in her unbelievable agony, nails tearing her flesh as the movement was arrested.

“Now for my piece de resistance!” grinned Vulcan. He muttered and incantation, and cast a spell at Barbaria. For a moment her nude body glowed in a golden light, and for that instant the pain left her and, in surprise, she stopped screaming. Then the waves of pain hit her again, as did the panic, and she began to scream and thrash once more.

“What….what did you do to her?” Siss glared at Vulcan, her gaze challenging and insolent.

“I have arranged it so that she will live on that cross until I choose to let her die!” Vulcan looked pleased with himself.

There was silence, other than Barbaria’s screams, while Siss and the others digested what Vulcan had said.

“You mean….she won’t die in a day or so? Not even in a week or so?”

“You understand perfectly, my dear. Don’t be jealous, I shall treat you the same. All except Cordelia. You can all watch her die in the normal time.”

“You……you……BASTARD!” screamed Siss.

“Aren’t I just?” smiled Vulcan, “I thought it rather clever.” He paused, then added, conversationally, “Shall we get Cordelia crucified?”

Cordelia wailed in terror as they began to drag her towards her cross.

Hope in addition to throwing them off repeatedly I managed to kick a few of those lecherous monks where it really hurts. But, oh!!! This Vulcan is a bastard. Siss nailed it (oops bad choice of words there). To hang for days on the cross at his whim, of all people, is a fate worse than death!

Nice post Wragg....exciting :eek:

Hope in addition to throwing them off repeatedly I managed to kick a few of those lecherous monks where it really hurts. But, oh!!! This Vulcan is a bastard. Siss nailed it (oops bad choice of words there). To hang for days on the cross at his whim, of all people, is a fate worse than death!

Nice post Wragg....exciting :eek:
:)

“Aren’t I just?” smiled Vulcan, “I thought it rather clever.” He paused, then added, conversationally, “Shall we get Cordelia crucified?” -Wragg

...and I worry about painting Wragg in a bad light...

Tree

:devil:

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Roxie’s cry of distress temporarily drowned out Barbaria’s screams. Caught by surprise, her guards let her slip, and Cordelia’s guards stopped in their tracks to watch this new drama.

Roxie threw herself on the ground in front of Lord Vulcan, who looked at her with mild amusement. “Please, Lord Vulcan, please, not Cordelia, look at her – she’s only just turned eighteen, she has her whole life before her. Haven’t you done enough to her already? Please, your Lordship, I will do anything for you, crucify me in her place if you like, but please, please, please let Cordelia go!”

“Anything?” queried Vulcan, with a lift of one eyebrow.

“Anything!” declared Roxie, emphatically.

“You’ll be my sex slave for as long as you remain remotely nubile, and you will carry out my commands without question?”

“I will, my Lord! If you will only let Cordelia go!”

This was too much for Cordelia. “Mum, no! You cannot do that! I’m ready to die!”

“You are too young to die, Cordy! Just…..remember me, that’s all I ask!”

“Bring Cordelia and Blaire here!” ordered Vulcan.

Cordelia was glad of the delay, in any case.

“Get to your feet, woman!” Vulcan dragged Roxie upright. He turned Roxie to face the two women.

“Your daughter and your lover. Don’t they both look sweet? So, who do I crucify, and who do I release?”

“Release Blaire!” said Cordelia.

“Release Cordelia!” said Blaire.

Tears were flowing down Roxie’s cheeks faster than blood was pouring along Barbaria’s arm. Behind Roxie, Barb stopped screaming. “Release…….Cordelia!” she pleaded from her cross.

Roxie looked at Blaire, and thought of all they’d shared, all they’d been through since that first blissful night in the Rattington Arms. Everything, everyone that she held dear was being destroyed today. Her own mother, in utter agony, hanging naked and bleeding on a cross behind her. Now she had to watch her daughter or her lover undergo the same torture. She threw her arms around Blaire, and howled in anguish. “Oh Blaire, Blaire, I love you, you know I do, but how can I let them crucify Cordy?”

“Roxie, it’s OK, we’ve had great times, and now it’s over. Thank you, sweet Roxie, for making my life so happy! I’ll love you for eternity.”

Blaire kissed Roxie, then went and kissed Siss, who was also sobbing. “Love you too, Mother!” she said, and then began to undress herself.

When she was naked, some of the monks sighed when they saw her slim, athletic body. Roxie and Siss, however, just sobbed in despair. Blaire’s nipples stood erect in the early morning chill, beads of moisture stood on her pubic hair, and she walked over to her cross with more confidence than she felt, lay down on it, and stretched out her arms.

“Come on, guys, let’s get this over with!”

Vulcan nodded, and the crucifixion squad moved into position.

Barb was silent now, though she, too, was sobbing as she looked down at Blaire. “Oh…. Blaire…. You….. put… me.. to shame!”

Before Blaire could answer, the hammer smashed down.

“AAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!” Blaire’s body arched in agony. Though she’d seen the pain inflicted on Barb as she had been crucified, this was far, far worse than she could have believed. She felt the bones in her wrist split apart as the spike was driven through them. “NO! NO! STOP! OH GOD!! AAAARGHH!” But the hammer continued its remorseless beat, until the nail was home. She watched, in helpless terror, as it was passed to the man on the other side, she felt the prick of the nail, and this time she was screaming before the hammer struck.

She felt them getting hold of her legs. “NOOOO!” she screamed, panicking, “Just tie them, please don’t nail them! Please, don’t you understand, I can’t take any more pain!” She tried to kick them away but it was no good, and the pain as the nail was driven through her foot seemed to her to be ten times worse than her wrists had been.

Like Barb, she was beyond protesting as her other foot was nailed. This was every nightmare she’d ever had all rolled into one appalling experience. She heard a command from Vulcan, and felt her cross begin to lift. “WAIT!! NOO!!! I’M NOT READY!!!” She remembered seeing Barb thrown about as the cross came upright, and tried to brace herself but there was just the most almighty explosion of agony, and mercifully, Blaire lost consciousness.

But not for long. First there was the searing agony from her tortured limbs. Her eyes were closed. Where was she? Oh God! She was on a cross, she had been crucified!

But…..what was all that noise? Screaming, and the sound of a hammer driving nails into sold wood. Screaming. Lots of screaming. She forced open her eyes. The first thing she saw was Roxie, sweet, lovely Roxie, looking as though she was trying to attack Vulcan, but being held back by her guards. Something had made her very angry indeed.

Something was going on next to her. Painfully, she twisted her neck round to look. Someone was being nailed to the cross next to hers! But she could only see her feet, from here, and they already had big, ugly, bloody nails through them.

“Raise her!”

She heard the cross creak, and the woman screaming, and then the cross thumped into place beside her.

Blaire looked at the woman on the next cross in sheer disbelief.

It was Princess Cordelia.

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Roxie’s cry of distress temporarily drowned out Barbaria’s screams. Caught by surprise, her guards let her slip, and Cordelia’s guards stopped in their tracks to watch this new drama.

Roxie threw herself on the ground in front of Lord Vulcan, who looked at her with mild amusement. “Please, Lord Vulcan, please, not Cordelia, look at her – she’s only just turned eighteen, she has her whole life before her. Haven’t you done enough to her already? Please, your Lordship, I will do anything for you, crucify me in her place if you like, but please, please, please let Cordelia go!”

“Anything?” queried Vulcan, with a lift of one eyebrow.

“Anything!” declared Roxie, emphatically.

“You’ll be my sex slave for as long as you remain remotely nubile, and you will carry out my commands without question?”

“I will, my Lord! If you will only let Cordelia go!”

This was too much for Cordelia. “Mum, no! You cannot do that! I’m ready to die!”

“You are too young to die, Cordy! Just…..remember me, that’s all I ask!”

“Bring Cordelia and Blaire here!” ordered Vulcan.

Cordelia was glad of the delay, in any case.

“Get to your feet, woman!” Vulcan dragged Roxie upright. He turned Roxie to face the two women.

“Your daughter and your lover. Don’t they both look sweet? So, who do I crucify, and who do I release?”

“Release Blaire!” said Cordelia.

“Release Cordelia!” said Blaire.

Tears were flowing down Roxie’s cheeks faster than blood was pouring along Barbaria’s arm. Behind Roxie, Barb stopped screaming. “Release…….Cordelia!” she pleaded from her cross.

Roxie looked at Blaire, and thought of all they’d shared, all they’d been through since that first blissful night in the Rattington Arms. Everything, everyone that she held dear was being destroyed today. Her own mother, in utter agony, hanging naked and bleeding on a cross behind her. Now she had to watch her daughter or her lover undergo the same torture. She threw her arms around Blaire, and howled in anguish. “Oh Blaire, Blaire, I love you, you know I do, but how can I let them crucify Cordy?”

“Roxie, it’s OK, we’ve had great times, and now it’s over. Thank you, sweet Roxie, for making my life so happy! I’ll love you for eternity.”

Blaire kissed Roxie, then went and kissed Siss, who was also sobbing. “Love you too, Mother!” she said, and then began to undress herself.

When she was naked, some of the monks sighed when they saw her slim, athletic body. Roxie and Siss, however, just sobbed in despair. Blaire’s nipples stood erect in the early morning chill, beads of moisture stood on her pubic hair, and she walked over to her cross with more confidence than she felt, lay down on it, and stretched out her arms.

“Come on, guys, let’s get this over with!”

Vulcan nodded, and the crucifixion squad moved into position.

Barb was silent now, though she, too, was sobbing as she looked down at Blaire. “Oh…. Blaire…. You….. put… me.. to shame!”

Before Blaire could answer, the hammer smashed down.

“AAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!” Blaire’s body arched in agony. Though she’d seen the pain inflicted on Barb as she had been crucified, this was far, far worse than she could have believed. She felt the bones in her wrist split apart as the spike was driven through them. “NO! NO! STOP! OH GOD!! AAAARGHH!” But the hammer continued its remorseless beat, until the nail was home. She watched, in helpless terror, as it was passed to the man on the other side, she felt the prick of the nail, and this time she was screaming before the hammer struck.

She felt them getting hold of her legs. “NOOOO!” she screamed, panicking, “Just tie them, please don’t nail them! Please, don’t you understand, I can’t take any more pain!” She tried to kick them away but it was no good, and the pain as the nail was driven through her foot seemed to her to be ten times worse than her wrists had been.

Like Barb, she was beyond protesting as her other foot was nailed. This was every nightmare she’d ever had all rolled into one appalling experience. She heard a command from Vulcan, and felt her cross begin to lift. “WAIT!! NOO!!! I’M NOT READY!!!” She remembered seeing Barb thrown about as the cross came upright, and tried to brace herself but there was just the most almighty explosion of agony, and mercifully, Blaire lost consciousness.

But not for long. First there was the searing agony from her tortured limbs. Her eyes were closed. Where was she? Oh God! She was on a cross, she had been crucified!

But…..what was all that noise? Screaming, and the sound of a hammer driving nails into sold wood. Screaming. Lots of screaming. She forced open her eyes. The first thing she saw was Roxie, sweet, lovely Roxie, looking as though she was trying to attack Vulcan, but being held back by her guards. Something had made her very angry indeed.

Something was going on next to her. Painfully, she twisted her neck round to look. Someone was being nailed to the cross next to hers! But she could only see her feet, from here, and they already had big, ugly, bloody nails through them.

“Raise her!”

She heard the cross creak, and the woman screaming, and then the cross thumped into place beside her.

Blaire looked at the woman on the next cross in sheer disbelief.

It was Princess Cordelia.

article-2184903-117C492F000005DC-530_468x440.jpg Well Wragg, you have captured all the dialogue and teary interactions of an old-fashioned melodrama. I can almost hear the organ swelling in the background as the women fall all over each other to save the other the agony of the cross.

crucified14.jpg From my position, hanging and bleeding on the wood up here, it's all a little too much....sigh, such children ... don't they realize you are going to nail all of us no matter what?

View attachment 213830 Well Wragg, you have captured all the dialogue and teary interactions of an old-fashioned melodrama. I can almost hear the organ swelling in the background as the women fall all over each other to save the other the agony of the cross.

View attachment 213831 From my position, hanging and bleeding on the wood up here, it's all a little too much....sigh, such children ... don't they realize you are going to nail all of us no matter what?
Well, Barb, I can admit to a certain amount of swelling of organs, anyway. :rolleyes:

Prince Pilus sat at a table in the Boar, with Wragg, Dorothy, and Elise. Wragg, his desperation for caffeine triumphing over his natural tendency to indolence, had gone into the kitchen and made them all coffee. He wished that there was someone about who could make a decent breakfast for them all but, as the only likely candidate was laying dead in the street outside, this seemed unlikely.

He sighed, and returned to the bar.

“Coffee, your Highness?” asked Wragg.

“I think we can leave the titles out for now, under the circumstances.” Said Pilus. “Just call me Pilus. And thanks for the coffee. Now, tell me what you know.”

“Well, Paul and Eulalia told me not to publish any of this, which I won’t but I don’t think they would want me to keep it from you. Yesterday, Pilus, I watched Princess Cordelia and Elise leave Heidraen, and I followed them, I just wanted to see what they were doing and maybe get a story for the Chronicle. I didn’t see what happened next….”

“There was this man,” chimed in Elise. “He was asking directions. My mistress got down from her horse and spoke to him. Then there were all these hooded men, and they took us into the trees. Their leader, the man who had originally spoken to Cordelia, was horrible. He called himself ‘Lord Vulcan’. He said “Dispose of her, we don’t need her! And they stripped me nude and put me on a stake and left me there with four guards.

“Suddenly Wragg and Eulalia appeared out of nowhere and attacked the guards, and rescued me. I have never thanked Wragg properly for that!”

She stood up, went around to Wragg, and gave him a massive hug. From the expression on his face he was enjoying it immensely.

“Then they came for me again this morning!” continued Elise, resuming her seat. “They said there was a cross waiting for me, that I would be honoured to die alongside the other witches of Aestria. They put me on the flying horse, and they put Eulalia on another one, but she fought them and one of them was a woman that worked here, called Sandra. It seems she was on Vulcan’s side. But the landlord here, Mr Paul, he wasn’t who he said he was either, because he suddenly appeared in a window upstairs and started throwing thunderbolts all over the place. I don’t know who he is but he didn’t look human at that moment – his eyes were like burning stars in his head and he looked like an avenging god!”

“Then the horse fell on me and the rest you know.”

“Thank you, Elise. Dorothy?”

“I’ve pretty much told you all I know,” said Dorothy, “I’m a priestess in the temple at Ystragarth, well, a trainee priestess really. High Priestess Eulalia is an amazing teacher! She has been teaching me to send messages using thoughts. I’m not really very good at it but yesterday she told me to take a flying horse from the temple stable, fly to Heidraen, and to wake you by making love to you….”

“Eulalia told you to do that?” interrupted Pilus. “If my father had caught you he would have had you executed within the hour! Mind you…..it was very good sex!”

Dorothy smiled at him. “Once I was certain you were…. how shall I put it….a man and not a boy, I was to bring you on the flying horse directly to this pub. I’m sorry, that’s all she told me!”

Pilus was slightly embarrassed by this turn in the conversation.

“Wragg, watch my lips. Publish one word of that and your head will be on a spike. Clear?”

“Tell me again about a free press,” sighed Wragg. “Yes, that’s clear. I promise.”

“Good. Now, what’s all this about appearing like magic with Eulalia?”

“She’s got some kind of a magic stone, I think it might be actually inside her somewhere. It allows her and anyone close to her to move about while time stands still for everyone else.”

“Oh yes!” Dorothy added, “that’s a Tulloth stone! Some sorcerers have them, but they have to be very proficient, and they have to travel to a land far, far away. It’s got ever such a funny name, let me see if I can remember it.” An expression of pained concentration came over her face. “Wales! That’s it!”

“Never heard of it,” commented Pilus. “Have you got one?”

“No way!” giggled Dorothy. “I’ve never been outside Aestria!”

“No matter, carry on, Wragg.”

“Well, as Elise said, we managed to save her life, and get her back here. And she’s right, ‘Paul’ is just an alias. Yesterday Eulalia called him ‘Merlin.’”

“Yes, that’s right.” Dorothy chipped in, “He is a great sorcerer. I think he is very, very old, much older than normal people. Eulalia speaks of him often. I knew it was him this morning, I don’t know how, I just did.”

Pilus was absorbing concepts that were completely alien to him, but, somehow, on the morning that he’d flown on a flying horse, it didn’t seem to matter.

“Anyway,” continued Wragg, “yesterday evening they brought in one of the Heidraen palace guards, fatally wounded. He told us before he died that they had been attacked and that Queen Barbaria, Queen Penelope, and Princesses Roxandra and Blaire had been captured.”

Pilus looked at him as though he had struck him. “WHAT?!? What did you just say?”

Wragg turned pale. Angry royalty was a phenomenon greatly to be feared. “I’m sorry, your Highness…you did not realise…”

“You fucking idiot, of course I didn’t realise!” Pilus leaped to his feet and pointed a trembling finger at Dorothy. “She’s the fucking psychic, not me! For God’s sake, man! You sit here sipping coffee, telling me your life story, and now, finally, you think to tell me that my mother and most of my family are also in the hands of that raving maniac!!!! Fuck me, I’ll kill you for this!!! With my bare hands!”

He had his hands around Wragg’s throat, and was shaking him violently.

Dorothy, shocked, shouted at him. “Pilus, NO!! Let him go!”

But the red mist of rage had descended on Pilus. All his fury, all his anxiety, all his hatred of Vulcan was now focussed on Wragg. Wragg’s eyes were wide and staring, and his face was beginning to turn blue, as a furious Pilus increased the pressure on his neck.

“AAAAAAARGH!!!!” Wragg was flung backwards, crashing into the bar, from which various glasses cascaded, smashing onto the floor below. Pilus was doubled up in agony, clutching his wrist, screaming incoherently at the top of his voice. He crashed to the floor, laying spread-eagled on his back, his body bucking and writhing as he felt the agony of his sister’s crucifixion.

Wragg was too busy restoring his oxygen supply to take much interest, but the two women looked at Pilus in complete confusion, at a total loss to know what to do.

Eventually, his link to Cordelia, overwhelmed by the massive trauma that she was undergoing, broke, and he lay on the floor of the pub, sobbing, great waves of grief consuming him.

“Oh, God, Oh God help me!” he wailed, ”They’ve done it! Oh, my God, they’ve really done it! They’ve crucified Cordelia! What in God’s name am I to do?”

Dorothy knelt beside him and cradled him in her arms, rocking him gently as he sobbed and sobbed. Elise did the same for Wragg, as he gradually recovered from Pilus’ attack.

Outside in the street, a riderless white flying horse landed and cantered up to the pub door. He knew his mistress was inside, and he could hear the sounds of distress from within.

But of Paul there was no sign.

As it happened, Siss was stood just in front of Barbaria’s cross as they began to strip her naked for her crucifixion. Barbaria watched through tears of pain and grief as Siss’ body, which had been such a source of joy to her over the years, was callously exposed by these bastard men.

Siss, too, was weeping. “Oh Barb, I can’t believe this is happening….I’m so frightened!”

Barb struggled to speak. Hanging at the full stretch of her arms, she had massive pain and little breath. How could she reassure Siss from this awful cross?

“I….love…..you……Siss. I….love…..you…..so…much!”

By now Siss was completely naked, but there was nothing Barbaria could have said that would have mattered more to Siss at that moment.

“I love you too, Barb!” she cried, as they pulled her over backwards onto her cross.

If she’d wanted to fight, she couldn’t – after Barb they were taking no chances. “Oh, God, here we go, please give me strength!” she prayed, as she felt the back of her wrist pressed against the rough wood of the cross, felt the prick of a nail in the hollow of her wrist.

Then it came. Worse than she remembered, worse than she’d imagined. Siss clenched her teeth, and only “Gnnnnnn!” escaped her. She tried, in panic, to get up but she was held down too firmly. The whole cross shook to the beat of the hammer, and Siss lay and tried to contain her agony.

A prick in her other wrist. Her whole world shook in an avalanche of pain as the hammer struck again, and she had no choice but to give in.

“NOOOO!!! IT HURTS SO MUCH!”

“It hurts so much…It hurts so much…It hurts so much” replied the mountains, as the echoes returned from them.

And Barb hung helplessly, watching the torture, knowing what Siss was going through, utterly powerless to help. She watched as a nail was held against Siss’ foot, and winced at the fountain of blood and the agonised bellow from Siss that result. She shut her eyes to the sight of the completion of Siss’ crucifixion, but she could not shut her ears to the sounds. Every stroke of the hammer and every cry of pain from Siss cut through her like a knife.

Siss’ cross thumped upright into its slot just the other side of where Eulalia’s cross was shortly to stand, and Siss hung and wept with the humiliation and agony of it all.

And now Barbaria had more to endure. She’d lost one daughter to the cross, though she hadn’t been with Tara when she had died (a fact that she had continually reproached herself for ever since), and now she was going to have to hang here and see the same happen to Roxie. What comfort could she be to Roxie, nailed to her own cross? A naked, powerless queen, unable to protect her own kin from this lunatic.

As for Roxie, every stroke of the hammer, every cross that had juddered into place, and every writhing, screaming victim had simply increased her own terror and despair. Her mother, Barbaria, had taken her own crucifixion badly, having developed a real phobia of the cross from previous bitter experience. Blaire had been so brave, but had broken at the first hammer blow. And then when they had taken Cordelia, and Vulcan had just laughed when Roxie had protested, and she had had to listen to Cordelia practically screaming her lungs out as the huge nails had pierced her slender wrists and feet.

Siss hadn’t broken until the second nail, but her distress now, as she hung on her cross next to an equally distressed Blaire was obvious.

Now they were tearing at her own clothes, it was her turn. She looked to Eulalia for support, but Eulalia wasn’t watching, she was looking up into the sky, her lips moving silently. As they ripped her top off, exposing her breasts, Roxie also looked up into the sky, just to avoid seeing Vulcan licking his lips, as he had done when the others had been stripped.

There was a large bird up there, that’s what Eulalia had been looking at, though as they ripped her loincloth off and left her standing naked in front of everyone, Roxie didn’t feel all that interested in ornithology. It was just maybe better to look at the bird and the mountains than to look at the crucified women around her, knowing that she was soon to join them.

Someone lifted her feet off the ground and she wondered whether to fight or to passively accept that she was about to be crucified. At that moment Blaire, overcome by what was happening to Roxie, began to scream as she pushed herself upright to get air. Roxie looked at her, and the panic hit her. “NO! PUT ME DOWN! YOU BASTARDS! PUT ME DOWN!”

Blaire’s voice joined in “Vulcan…..Please…..you’ve done enough….let her go…..or at least….just tie her! Don’t…..put her through…..what I’ve…..gone through!” With another cry of distress she collapsed onto her outstretched arms, and hung panting and weeping.

But it was no good. They dumped Roxie down onto her cross, even that knocked the wind out of her, and she lay there stunned.

Both Barbaria and Cordelia were now screaming at Vulcan to let her go, and Blaire drew on superhuman strength to push herself back up again and plead for Roxie’s life.

Vulcan, in reply, walked over, grabbed the hammer, and drove a nail through Roxie’s wrist himself.

Wails of protest and disappointment from the crucified women joined Roxie’s scream of anguish. Vulcan was not gentle, as if anybody could gently hammer a nail through living flesh and bone, but Vulcan deliberately struck the nail sideways so as to cause Roxie maximum distress.

“You dared to try to bargain with me!” Bang! “You tried to offer your body to buy me off!” Bang! “You though you could tell Lord Vulcan what to do!” Bang!

Roxie writhed and howled, as Vulcan crossed to the other wrist. He positioned the nail, Roxie tried so hard to pull her wrist away from him but it was held in a vice like grip by one of the monks. She could not move, and now she knew what was coming. “NOOOOO!!!”

“You’re still doing it, you insolent woman!” Bang! Roxie’s scream nearly deafened him, but he took no notice. “I’ll teach you respect!” Bang! “You are nothing!” Bang! “You are a nude woman on a cross..” Bang! “…and I am Lord Vulcan, soon to be ruler of all Aestria!” Bang! And the second nail was home.

He moved down to her feet. She felt the prick of the nail, and saw him lift the hammer, then he stopped.

“Tell you what, though, I do like you, Roxie. You are my type. Feisty, that’s it. I’ll get you back off this cross, if you just say, “Sorry, Lord Vulcan!”

Roxie stopped screaming, lifted her head from the cross, and looked at him. “Then….you’ll let me go?”

“Yes, I will, though I will expect you to honour your promise to worship me with your lovely body!”

“And Cordelia, will you let her go?” Roxie never gave up hope.

“Ha!” said Vulcan, and brought the hammer down with a crash.

Roxie’s back arched in distress, but as he raised the hammer again she yelled “Lord Vulcan?”

Again he paused. “Yes?”

“Go fuck yourself, your Lordship!”

He brought the hammer down onto her toes, smashing them to pulp, before driving the nail home. He wrinkled his nose as Roxie lost control of both bladder and bowels under the agony of his cruel nailing.

She offered barely any resistance as he nailed her other foot, and was almost silent as the cross was erected, desperately ashamed that she was the only one who had shit herself as she was crucified.

Vulcan wiped his bloody hands on a cloth. “I enjoyed that so much that I think I shall personally crucify Eulalia, too! Bring her to her cross!”

As it happened, Siss was stood just in front of Barbaria’s cross as they began to strip her naked for her crucifixion. Barbaria watched through tears of pain and grief as Siss’ body, which had been such a source of joy to her over the years, was callously exposed by these bastard men.

Siss, too, was weeping. “Oh Barb, I can’t believe this is happening….I’m so frightened!”

Barb struggled to speak. Hanging at the full stretch of her arms, she had massive pain and little breath. How could she reassure Siss from this awful cross?

“I….love…..you……Siss. I….love…..you…..so…much!”

By now Siss was completely naked, but there was nothing Barbaria could have said that would have mattered more to Siss at that moment.

“I love you too, Barb!” she cried, as they pulled her over backwards onto her cross.

If she’d wanted to fight, she couldn’t – after Barb they were taking no chances. “Oh, God, here we go, please give me strength!” she prayed, as she felt the back of her wrist pressed against the rough wood of the cross, felt the prick of a nail in the hollow of her wrist.

Then it came. Worse than she remembered, worse than she’d imagined. Siss clenched her teeth, and only “Gnnnnnn!” escaped her. She tried, in panic, to get up but she was held down too firmly. The whole cross shook to the beat of the hammer, and Siss lay and tried to contain her agony.

A prick in her other wrist. Her whole world shook in an avalanche of pain as the hammer struck again, and she had no choice but to give in.

“NOOOO!!! IT HURTS SO MUCH!”

“It hurts so much…It hurts so much…It hurts so much” replied the mountains, as the echoes returned from them.

And Barb hung helplessly, watching the torture, knowing what Siss was going through, utterly powerless to help. She watched as a nail was held against Siss’ foot, and winced at the fountain of blood and the agonised bellow from Siss that result. She shut her eyes to the sight of the completion of Siss’ crucifixion, but she could not shut her ears to the sounds. Every stroke of the hammer and every cry of pain from Siss cut through her like a knife.

Siss’ cross thumped upright into its slot just the other side of where Eulalia’s cross was shortly to stand, and Siss hung and wept with the humiliation and agony of it all.

And now Barbaria had more to endure. She’d lost one daughter to the cross, though she hadn’t been with Tara when she had died (a fact that she had continually reproached herself for ever since), and now she was going to have to hang here and see the same happen to Roxie. What comfort could she be to Roxie, nailed to her own cross? A naked, powerless queen, unable to protect her own kin from this lunatic.

As for Roxie, every stroke of the hammer, every cross that had juddered into place, and every writhing, screaming victim had simply increased her own terror and despair. Her mother, Barbaria, had taken her own crucifixion badly, having developed a real phobia of the cross from previous bitter experience. Blaire had been so brave, but had broken at the first hammer blow. And then when they had taken Cordelia, and Vulcan had just laughed when Roxie had protested, and she had had to listen to Cordelia practically screaming her lungs out as the huge nails had pierced her slender wrists and feet.

Siss hadn’t broken until the second nail, but her distress now, as she hung on her cross next to an equally distressed Blaire was obvious.

Now they were tearing at her own clothes, it was her turn. She looked to Eulalia for support, but Eulalia wasn’t watching, she was looking up into the sky, her lips moving silently. As they ripped her top off, exposing her breasts, Roxie also looked up into the sky, just to avoid seeing Vulcan licking his lips, as he had done when the others had been stripped.

There was a large bird up there, that’s what Eulalia had been looking at, though as they ripped her loincloth off and left her standing naked in front of everyone, Roxie didn’t feel all that interested in ornithology. It was just maybe better to look at the bird and the mountains than to look at the crucified women around her, knowing that she was soon to join them.

Someone lifted her feet off the ground and she wondered whether to fight or to passively accept that she was about to be crucified. At that moment Blaire, overcome by what was happening to Roxie, began to scream as she pushed herself upright to get air. Roxie looked at her, and the panic hit her. “NO! PUT ME DOWN! YOU BASTARDS! PUT ME DOWN!”

Blaire’s voice joined in “Vulcan…..Please…..you’ve done enough….let her go…..or at least….just tie her! Don’t…..put her through…..what I’ve…..gone through!” With another cry of distress she collapsed onto her outstretched arms, and hung panting and weeping.

But it was no good. They dumped Roxie down onto her cross, even that knocked the wind out of her, and she lay there stunned.

Both Barbaria and Cordelia were now screaming at Vulcan to let her go, and Blaire drew on superhuman strength to push herself back up again and plead for Roxie’s life.

Vulcan, in reply, walked over, grabbed the hammer, and drove a nail through Roxie’s wrist himself.

Wails of protest and disappointment from the crucified women joined Roxie’s scream of anguish. Vulcan was not gentle, as if anybody could gently hammer a nail through living flesh and bone, but Vulcan deliberately struck the nail sideways so as to cause Roxie maximum distress.

“You dared to try to bargain with me!” Bang! “You tried to offer your body to buy me off!” Bang! “You though you could tell Lord Vulcan what to do!” Bang!

Roxie writhed and howled, as Vulcan crossed to the other wrist. He positioned the nail, Roxie tried so hard to pull her wrist away from him but it was held in a vice like grip by one of the monks. She could not move, and now she knew what was coming. “NOOOOO!!!”

“You’re still doing it, you insolent woman!” Bang! Roxie’s scream nearly deafened him, but he took no notice. “I’ll teach you respect!” Bang! “You are nothing!” Bang! “You are a nude woman on a cross..” Bang! “…and I am Lord Vulcan, soon to be ruler of all Aestria!” Bang! And the second nail was home.

He moved down to her feet. She felt the prick of the nail, and saw him lift the hammer, then he stopped.

“Tell you what, though, I do like you, Roxie. You are my type. Feisty, that’s it. I’ll get you back off this cross, if you just say, “Sorry, Lord Vulcan!”

Roxie stopped screaming, lifted her head from the cross, and looked at him. “Then….you’ll let me go?”

“Yes, I will, though I will expect you to honour your promise to worship me with your lovely body!”

“And Cordelia, will you let her go?” Roxie never gave up hope.

“Ha!” said Vulcan, and brought the hammer down with a crash.

Roxie’s back arched in distress, but as he raised the hammer again she yelled “Lord Vulcan?”

Again he paused. “Yes?”

“Go fuck yourself, your Lordship!”

He brought the hammer down onto her toes, smashing them to pulp, before driving the nail home. He wrinkled his nose as Roxie lost control of both bladder and bowels under the agony of his cruel nailing.

She offered barely any resistance as he nailed her other foot, and was almost silent as the cross was erected, desperately ashamed that she was the only one who had shit herself as she was crucified.

Vulcan wiped his bloody hands on a cloth. “I enjoyed that so much that I think I shall personally crucify Eulalia, too! Bring her to her cross!”

:very_hot::very_hot: I think Wragg must have gotten himself quite worked up writing this one....wow!!!!

Here's another doodle, this time Siss is telling Barb how scared she is, as the monks strip her, but Barb tells her how much she loves her.

View attachment 214269

I have these images in my head, they come out in words and pictures :doh:

Nice pic Wragg....I can almost feel the blood trickling down my arms gazing at it. Poor Siss!

Here's another doodle, this time Siss is telling Barb how scared she is, as the monks strip her, but Barb tells her how much she loves her.

View attachment 214269

I have these images in my head, they come out in words and pictures :doh:
and wonderfully vividly in both - I do like your drawings,
they say it all in a few deft strokes!

Now, is it just vultures I see circling overhead?

:devil:

Back
Top Bottom