The Disappearance Of Princess Cordelia

Go to CruxDreams.com
Nice pic Wragg....I can almost feel the blood trickling down my arms gazing at it. Poor Siss!

Trickling into your armpit, that'll make it itch.

One of the tortures of crucifixion, one can't scratch an itch. :eek:

and wonderfully vividly in both - I do like your drawings,
they say it all in a few deft strokes!

Now, is it just vultures I see circling overhead?

:devil:

Thank you Eul, and maybe it's an avian voyeur :rolleyes:

An Easter Sunday crucifixion looms for you, I'm sorry :eek:

Eulalia was still looking at the bird as they brought her to stand before Vulcan in the centre of the semi-circle of crosses.

Vulcan roughly grabbed her head and forced her to look at the crosses. “See, Eulalia? See your precious witches? Roxie, Penelope, Barbaria, Blaire and Cordelia? See what your arrogance has brought them to? Are you ready to join them?”

She uttered not one word. As soon as he let go of her head she resumed her observation of the eagle.

“Have it your way, Eulalia. You’ll soon be howling and shitting yourself like the others. Strip her!”

Eulalia did not protest as her clothes were stripped from her, but stood with her arms by her sides, still gazing into the heavens. She felt the cool morning breeze around her breasts, felt it gently blowing her pubic hairs, but made no attempt to cover herself.

The other women were silent too, apart from the odd groan that escaped them as they tried to shift their weight on the nails.

They turned Eulalia around, and carried her to her cross. She found herself laying on her back, gazing up at the clear blue sky with its solitary, circling inhabitant.

Eulalia remained completely passive. She did nothing to help them, but nothing to hinder them.

Vulcan was getting frustrated by this and out of sheer frustration, he kicked her, viciously. She grunted slightly, but didn’t protest.

“So, that’s how you want to play it, is it?” snarled Vulcan. “Try this.”

He grabbed her arm, and pulled it out onto the cross. She did not try to move it as he positioned the nail, and then with all his strength he brought the hammer down onto the nail.

Eulalia had been utterly determined that she would betray no emotion to Vulcan. She would retain iron control throughout the crucifixions of those she loved, and throughout her own crucifixion. She was aware that this could goad him into greater violence, but she was confident that her will was stronger than his. So far she had succeeded. Each stroke of the hammer and each cry of distress had broken her heart, but her face had betrayed nothing of how she felt.

But as that nail crunched through bone, sinew, and flesh, it also tore straight through a large nerve that runs through the wrist joint. This was just Eulalia’s misfortune, and Vulcan’s good luck. It was like putting your hand into the fire, the pain so intense that the parts of the brain that exercise control get left out of the loop altogether. Involuntarily, Eulalia tried to snatch her hand away, but the nail was already deep into the wood. The bellow that escaped her lips was equally involuntary.

Eulalia was furious with herself. How could she break with the first stroke of the hammer? But Vulcan was delighted, and enthusiastically pounded the nail home, each movement of the nail against the severed nerve sending Eulalia wild with indescribable agony.

Control, once lost, is hard to restore, and that first nail had done so much damage that Eulalia was by now completely at Vulcan’s mercy, adrift in a sea of towering waves of pain, and as the second nail was smashed into place, and the third, and the fourth, she had forgotten that she was ever High Priestess of All Aestria, she was now just a helpless naked woman forced to endure the unendurable torture of crucifixion.

Above, unseen by Eulalia, unnoticed by all, the eagle wheeled away, unable to further endure the bloodshed and brutality taking place below. its great wings glinting gold in the morning light, it headed in the direction of the Forest of Draen, and was soon lost to sight .

The sight and sounds of Eulalia screaming and writhing destroyed any last vestiges of hope in the other crucified women. Her authority had been torn to shreds by the vicious Lord Vulcan, where previously she had seemed so much in control that they had been sure that at the last minute she would say or do something that would bring Vulcan to heel. Now as her cross was raised into position between Barb and Siss she was just like them, a nude, struggling, victim of the cross.

Blaire rested her head back against the wood of her cross, and sobbed in despair.

oh my God Wragg, that's really got me throbbing,
I can almost feel the nail, the hammer-blows,
I'm writhing and squirming as I read and re-read it...
great writing, thrilling, terrifying...

Stop press: Roxie has just found enough strength to describe what happened in her own words:

You'll watch (I would...in my fantasies) until the last moment...as the nail is pressed into your wrist...the sudden shock of pain...you gasp and look away, only to see the arc of the hammer rising and then falling...then you throw back your head and scream as you hear a heavy metallic "thunk" and feel the shock of awful agony as the iron slides through your flesh and into the wood...the fire spreads across your body, then meets in the middle your other wrist is nailed...

Your legs are pulled straight and the pain flashes in both wrists as arms are tugged tight...then comes the piercing pain in your feet and the screaming pain slashes up your legs to meet with the other agonies in the core of your body.

Stop press: Roxie has just found enough strength to describe what happened in her own words:

You'll watch (I would...in my fantasies) until the last moment...as the nail is pressed into your wrist...the sudden shock of pain...you gasp and look away, only to see the arc of the hammer rising and then falling...then you throw back your head and scream as you hear a heavy metallic "thunk" and feel the shock of awful agony as the iron slides through your flesh and into the wood...the fire spreads across your body, then meets in the middle your other wrist is nailed...

Your legs are pulled straight and the pain flashes in both wrists as arms are tugged tight...then comes the piercing pain in your feet and the screaming pain slashes up your legs to meet with the other agonies in the core of your body.

Crossing threads again? What a journalist he is ... sigh :rolleyes:

Forgive the rough sketch, I'm no artist, but here Blaire realises that Vulcan has crucified Cordelia anyway and all her courage has been wasted
View attachment 213826
A simple, beautiful, poignant image Wragg. Very loving and sensual...my, how we girls have to chat all the time...even when crucified!

It took some time to restore any semblance of order to the bar area of the Boar. Pilus was inconsolable, as the full realisation swept over him of what had happened to Cordelia, and presumably to his mother and the other women as well. Unlike the others, he had had just the smallest insight into what Cordelia was enduring. He had always been there for her, always protected her from harm, but now she was being tortured to death on a cross and he had not got the beginning of an idea what to do about it.

Wragg recovered more quickly from his near strangulation, and got up. He and Elise went through into the kitchen, to make more coffee.

“How does he know that Cordelia’s been crucified?” she asked.

“I don’t know. It was like he was being crucified himself!”

Elise shuddered. “I’m bloody lucky not to hanging on a cross myself right now, by the sound of it. I don’t think I could endure that!”

Wragg kissed her, affectionately, on the cheek. “I think, thanks to Merlin, you’ve escaped that fate! Bugger!”

“What’s up?”

Wragg shook the empty pot upside down. “No more coffee!”

They searched through the cupboards in the kitchen, without success. “There must be a store, out the back,” said Elise, “I’ll go and look.”

She went through the back door. Sure enough, across the courtyard was a door, marked ‘STORE’. She tried the door, and was pleased to find it unlocked.

There was a real treasure trove in there! She opened a pack of biscuits, and munched happily as she began to search for the coffee.

This time there was no mistake. She never saw the monks. She was gagged, bound, tied to Dorothy’s flying horse and was well on her way to Castle Tarant before Wragg even missed her.

The horse landed in the crucifixion courtyard. Elise stared in terror and disbelief at the scene before her. Roxie, Barbaria, Eulalia, Siss, Blaire, and her beloved Cordelia all nailed to crosses. Each had their name on a sign above their heads. Just one cross remained on the ground, and on it was also a sign. ‘ELISE – HEXE’

She had no idea what ‘Hexe’ meant but as they began to pull her off the horse she knew perfectly well what the cross was for.

Vulcan was there, wiping Eulalia’s blood off his hands. “Well, well, if it’s not the Fat Slave Girl, late to the party but nevertheless welcome! There’s a lovely cross here, all ready for you!”

They stood her up, and removed her gag. Cordelia was screaming from her cross “ELISE! NOOOO!”

Roxie screamed as she pushed herself up for breath. “Vulcan, she’s only a….slave….let her go!”

“By no means! She’s escaped me twice, there will be no third time!”

Elise was more frightened than she’d ever been in her life before. They were pulling her clothes off her already. In a moment she was standing in only her loincloth. They were careful as they took that off, it was badly soiled by this time. Elise felt utterly humiliated.

Vulcan pushed her over backwards, and they dragged her backwards towards her cross. As she felt the rough wood on her back Elise wondered how her life could change so quickly? Not ten minutes ago she had been laughing with Wragg, feeling so lucky to have cheated Vulcan twice. She put her hand up to feel where Wragg had kissed her, but it was rudely snatched away and firmly held against the cross.

She could hear Cordelia screaming and screaming, she tried to look up to try and reassure Cordelia that she was OK, but at that moment the hammer fell and she was very, very far from OK.

She could no longer hear Cordelia screaming, she was making too much noise herself. Vulcan watched with unconcealed pleasure as Elise’s large breasts bounced as she thrashed and fought to escape. But he had to cover his ears, the racket that Cordelia and Elise were making was absolutely deafening.

Elise was also very strong, and they struggled to crucify her almost as much as they’d struggled with Barbaria. With Elise it was more an animal instinct to survive and to escape from those dreadful nails. But there was no escape, and soon enough Elise was united to her cross by four terrible spikes.

They began to raise the cross but as it reached an angle of about sixty degrees they lost control and it slipped sideways, crashing down on the left hand end of the patibulum, and then rolled onto its back, ending up with Elise’s head right at the base of Roxie’s cross. Elise’s face was scraped on the bottom of Roxie’s cross. Roxie was screaming too, her own cross was swaying back and forth from the impact of Elise’s cross. Elise, already winded in the crash, gagged as she realised that her cheek, so recently kissed by Wragg, was now plastered in Roxie’s blood and, worse, Roxie’s shit.

The movement had also reopened the wound on Roxie’s right foot, and a fountain of bright arterial blood sprayed across Elise.

Even Cordelia was silent now, as she hung and surveyed the scene of chaos in front of her.

Vulcan, furious, was screaming orders at the unfortunate black monks. Elise felt the whole cross being picked up, and then it was dumped back in its original starting position. Once again Elise felt the cross being raised, this time with extra men to prevent it slipping sideways. It came up to the vertical, then began the eighteen-inch drop into its socket. It hit the bottom of the socket with a loud thump, but Elise kept going until her arms reached full stretch, then the nails in her wrists brought her up hard.

Elise felt a searing pain in her left shoulder as it dislocated. “MY SHOULDER!! AAAARGH!!! I THINK IT’S DISLOCATED!!! OH, GOD, HELP ME!!!”

She tried to push up on her feet to ease the pain in her shoulder, but the pain in her feet wouldn’t allow it for long. Neither could her impaled right wrist take all her weight. She had to put weight on her injured shoulder. Elise’s world was blinding agony. Her crucifixion had been the worst of all, her situation was the worst of all. Elise’s screams echoed back from the castle walls and from the mountains as the awful realisation dawned that nobody was going to help her. She was just going to have to endure this for hours or even days.

But she couldn’t! Didn’t they understand that? This pain was too much for anyone to bear. “OH PLEASE, PLEASE, SOMEONE, PLEASE! HAVE MERCY ON ME! PLEASE! I CANNOT BEAR THIS PAIN! PLEASE, SOMEONE, HAVE SOME HUMANITY! CAN’T SOMEONE JUST KILL ME? IF YOU CAN’T GET ME OFF THIS FUCKING CROSS, JUST KILL ME! PLEASE! CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND ME? IF YOU KNEW HOW BAD IT IS YOU WOULD HELP ME! PLEEEEEASE!”

The others were screaming at Vulcan too, begging him to do something, insulting his parentage, anything and everything. Blaire hadn’t even considered the possibility that anything could be worse than her own crucifixion, but as she hung on her cross, waves of pain pulsing along her arms and legs, she felt genuine empathy for poor Elise.

But Vulcan merely laughed. He loved inflicting pain, and he was delighted that the best had been saved till last. He climbed onto the horse, and laughed merrily as he took off, the screams of seven crucified women fading in the distance behind him.

I have these images in my head, they come out in words and pictures :doh:

Marvelous work Wragg. The imagination is a powerful thing, and to be able to express it to others is a great gift. You feel the story strongly, and it will find a way out.

Sorry, Pp :(

Trying to keep tabs on the Aestrian Royal families and who sleeps with who and who is who's offspring gives even me a headache :confused: They have all the morals of alley cats :doh:

Except Blaire, that is, she's only ever had eyes for Roxie :bdsm-heart:She was supposed to marry Shevak but they didn't hit it off :croc:

Roxie's Mum is Barb and Blaire's Mum is Siss. So Roxie is your half Sister (via Barb) and Cordelia is too (via Shevak). But she's also your niece, cos she's your half sister's daughter? :confused: See what I mean, It's a genealogist's nightmare. :peep:

Sadly Shevak's been away from the forums since before Christmas but he's such a big part of Aestria that I do hope he comes back soon.

You had another half sister, Tara (Taranthala) who thought Shevak was the hottest man ever but she came to a sticky end on a cross, and caused no-end of trouble, not least of which was writer's cramp for Wragg and a severe headache for any cruxformers mad enough to try and follow the story

There's so much incest and in-breeding that it's a wonder any of you can stand up straight :doh:

But there are some mighty powerful genes in there....as you shall be seeing :popcorn:

"Except Blaire, that is, she's only ever had eyes for Roxie :bdsm-heart:She was supposed to marry Shevak but they didn't hit it off."

"Sadly Shevak's been away from the forums since before Christmas but he's such a big part of Aestria that I do hope he comes back soon."

Yeah, Shevak...what a fucking man he was! Handsome as hell...really knew how to use his cock and tongue too...like no other man, that's for damn sure. I just melted in his arms...my body all soft and malleable...my pussy a perfect sheath for his enormous cock...damn....

Now he's gone...and a girl has needs...deep fucking needs!!!! So, Blaire, sweetheart, call me (or send a raven, whatever...). I don't need a cock when I have you sweetie...just you lying naked, next to me, our breasts pressed together...your expert fingers and tongue probing all my sensitive places...wooooooow!!!!!

....and you know how well I can return the favor!!! ;)

Last edited:
Here is a new concept for Crux Forums: Eulaliacam :D

The door to the bar burst open and Wragg exploded through it.

“Elise has gone!”

Pilus, by now, was sitting up at a table. “What do you mean, gone?”

“I mean gone, disappeared, vanished! She went out to get some coffee, and she didn’t come back! The door to the store is standing open, but there’s absolutely no sign of her!”

“Oh, no!” Pilus buried his face in his hands.

“And, where’s Dorothy?” asked Wragg, with an edge in his voice.

“Oh, fuck! She thought she saw her horse, and went out to get it. Come on, we must find them!”

They ran out into the street, bellowing “Dorothy! Elise!”

“Dorothy!”

“Elise! Where are you?”

“What’s up, guys? Are you looking for me?” Dorothy appeared from the archway leading into the courtyard.”

“Dorothy, thank God!” Pilus swept her up in his arms and hugged her.

“Dorothy, have you seen Elise?” Wragg’s anxiety was evident in every syllable.

“Yes.”

“Oh, thank heavens for that! Where is she?”

“Castle Tarant.”

“WHAT? How?”

“They’ve taken her on my Pegasus! It very nearly sent me flying as it took off!”

“When?”

“About fifteen minutes ago.”

Pilus looked at her, narrowly. “Fifteen minutes? Why didn’t you come and get us?”

“I wanted to warn Eulalia.” She tapped her head, then burst into tears. “I couldn’t get an answer from Eulalia, but I can tell you she’s on a cross, and so is everyone else. Including Elise. They were just crucifying her when you called me.”

“How….” asked Wragg, shocked.

“I could see through Eulalia’s eyes. While I was in touch with her she looked around and there were Cordelia, Blaire, Siss, Barbaria and Roxie, all naked, all on crosses. They all seemed to be at the same level as Eulalia, so I thought she must be on a cross herself, but then she looked down at her own naked body, then up at one of her arms, and I knew for certain.

“Then my horse landed and a black monk and Elise were on it. I think Eulalia must have shut her eyes in despair, because I couldn’t see anything for a little while, then when she opened them they….” Dorothy’s voice tailed off.

“They what?” Wragg was aghast.

“They were stripping Elise naked. Then they nailed her to a cross, but when they came to raise it, with her on it, it fell over sideways.” She shut her eyes. “Wait! Here’s Eulalia again! Now they are trying again! Oh! Oh God, she really got jolted when the cross fell into its place. It’s going all blurry, I think Eulalia is crying! Poor Elise is really screaming and shouting! Listen!”

Just faintly, on the breeze blowing down from the Northern Mountains, you could hear Elise’s voice. Only odd words “…..please……mercy…….kill me…..”

They heard no more, because Wragg began to sob, both drowning out the sound on the wind, and breaking Dorothy’s trance. “We’ve got to help her! She’s lovely! She doesn’t deserve this!”

“Any ideas, Wragg?” Pilus was scathing, “Got a spare flying horse? Shin up the mountain with a pair of pliers between our teeth? I’ll tell you now, it would take days to climb up to Castle Tarant. It actually takes four hours just to climb up the road they built up to the castle, and if one crippled elderly man wanted to defend that road he could keep a whole army at bay! Don’t get me wrong, I want to help them as much as you do, but I have no idea how to!”

Dorothy said, “There are more flying horses in Ystragarth! We keep about six in the temple stables!”

“Now you are talking!” Pilus brightened up. “Can you get then here?”

“No, we must go there, but it’s only about an hour on foot.”

“Right, let’s do it. Wragg, grab some food from the kitchen! Dorothy…”

He broke off as a huge bird soared across the street, flew over the pub, and it sounded as though it landed in the courtyard.

“That was a golden eagle!” exclaimed Pilus, “You don’t often see those in town – they are a mountain bird!”

“For God’s sake, Pilus!” Wragg was exasperated. “Spare us the natural history lessons! Perhaps we should go and rescue Cordelia and the others tomorrow? We could spend today birdwatching!”

“Morning all!” Cool as a cucumber, Quiet Paul strolled out of the archway and greeted them.

Barbaria watched Vulcan depart with some pleasure. She’d hated the way he’d looked at her, and she’d known she was in for more abuse from him. But now she was alone with just her fellow victims for company, and the faceless black monks.

There wasn’t much positive to take from this foul experience, but at least she had been crucified in the privacy of the courtyard of a remote castle, and there was no-one to witness her crucifixion and humiliation who might know her, except for those in the same situation as herself.

Barely had the thought crossed her tortured mind when one of the monks shouted ‘All Hail Queen Barbaria!” He knelt before her in mock obeisance. A voice she knew, and hated – Prince Naraku! The hands he held out towards her were covered in blood.

“It was a real pleasure to nail you to your cross, Your Majesty!” He looked at his bloodied hands. “I’m not sure I’ll ever wash these again! I can die happy now I’ve seen you on a cross! With a bit of luck I can get that upstart brother of mine onto one too! Talking of Shevak….” He stuck his long tongue out at Barbaria, “my tongue’s as long as his, longer, in fact, and so are other parts of my anatomy! Would you like me to distract you from your pain?”

“Piss…off….Naraku.” Barbaria knew she would not like it. She also knew she was in no position to stop him doing what he liked. There was no love lost between Barbaria and Naraku, and certainly none between Shevak and Naraku. Naraku had spent his whole life resenting the fact that he was just a year younger than Shevak, and had then spent the last few years blaming Barbaria and Shevak for the death of his father, Sciuridan, at the Battle of Ystragarth.

Now the other twenty or so monks were gathering around, and they, like Naraku, were removing their hoods. Barbaria turned her head away in humiliation and embarrassment. Every last one of them was from Heidraen. She could name them all. The mayor and mayoress, various guildsmen and councillors, people who she’d helped, people whose problems and perceived injustices she’d helped to solve. Even the housekeeper from Heidraen Castle was there – she who had stood weeping before Barbaria not two days ago, begging leave to attend the funeral of her sister in Solithage! The lying cow had come straight up here with Vulcan to prepare for the crucifixion of her mistress!

Barbaria Humiliated0001.jpg

Barbaria wanted to vomit.

“What…..have I done……to any….of you? What have….I done….to deserve…..this?”

“Simple,” smirked Naraku. “You picked the losing side! He waved in the direction of Aestria. “Soon the whole land will be mine. Vulcan is attacking Heidraen this very morning, Shevak and Pilus will soon be dead, and I don’t think Cordelia will last long on her cross. As for you - you, your majesty, will be a tourist attraction. We plan to run trips up here so that people can admire your crucified body during the year before your death!”

Barbaria groaned, overcome by agony, humiliation, and despair. She could see no hope, and hung there, mocked by her own subjects, and looked into a future of suffering without even the hope of death to end it.

The housekeeper moved off and stood before Elise, while the others taunted the princesses and the priestess. She had always been fond of Elise, who had always been hardworking and willing and certainly had no enemies in the Royal household. She had tears in her eyes. She could not bear to see Elise suffering like this. Elise was still whimpering with every movement, hanging from vicious spikes via a dislocated shoulder. The housekeeper called her husband, who was the head gardener at the Castle in Heidraen. “Arby! Come here!”

He broke off from telling Princess Blaire how the cross made her tits look nice, revelling in the opportunity to make fun of those who he’d previously had to treat with abject deference, and came over to his wife.

“Poor Elise!” she said, “It’s a shame to see her suffer so! She’s not one of them, she’s one of us!”

“A bit too fond of Princess Cordelia to be spared,” he commented.

“Nevertheless, t’isnt right. She’s dislocated her shoulder, too, poor lamb. Can’t you get her down?”

“If Prince Naraku didn’t strike me dead, then Lord Vulcan will! It’s more than my life’s worth!”

“What are you two up to?” Prince Naraku had come up behind them, unseen.

Arby bowed, and his wife curtsied. “If it please your ‘ighness, we was just saying that Elise isn’t really one of them,” he waved at the other crosses, “we was wondering if anything could be done, you know, to ‘elp her?”

Naraku leaned close to Arby, “She had the same opportunity that you did,” he hissed, “she picked her side, and now she reaps her reward! And if you don’t like it, I can easily prepare more crosses!” He turned around and grabbed Elise’s breast, twisting it savagely. She bellowed in agony. “Now you wish you’d listened to me, bitch! Well, it’s far, far too late to change your mind!”

He turned back to Arby. “Don’t worry, I am a fair man! I’ll be crucifying anyone else who is disloyal to me, too! It worked for King Jedakk in the past, it worked for my father, and it’ll work for me!”

Barbaria watched Vulcan depart with some pleasure. She’d hated the way he’d looked at her, and she’d known she was in for more abuse from him. But now she was alone with just her fellow victims for company, and the faceless black monks.

There wasn’t much positive to take from this foul experience, but at least she had been crucified in the privacy of the courtyard of a remote castle, and there was no-one to witness her crucifixion and humiliation who might know her, except for those in the same situation as herself.

Barely had the thought crossed her tortured mind when one of the monks shouted ‘All Hail Queen Barbaria!” He knelt before her in mock obeisance. A voice she knew, and hated – Prince Naraku! The hands he held out towards her were covered in blood.

“It was a real pleasure to nail you to your cross, Your Majesty!” He looked at his bloodied hands. “I’m not sure I’ll ever wash these again! I can die happy now I’ve seen you on a cross! With a bit of luck I can get that upstart brother of mine onto one too! Talking of Shevak….” He stuck his long tongue out at Barbaria, “my tongue’s as long as his, longer, in fact, and so are other parts of my anatomy! Would you like me to distract you from your pain?”

“Piss…off….Naraku.” Barbaria knew she would not like it. She also knew she was in no position to stop him doing what he liked. There was no love lost between Barbaria and Naraku, and certainly none between Shevak and Naraku. Naraku had spent his whole life resenting the fact that he was just a year younger than Shevak, and had then spent the last few years blaming Barbaria and Shevak for the death of his father, Sciuridan, at the Battle of Ystragarth.

Now the other twenty or so monks were gathering around, and they, like Naraku, were removing their hoods. Barbaria turned her head away in humiliation and embarrassment. Every last one of them was from Heidraen. She could name them all. The mayor and mayoress, various guildsmen and councillors, people who she’d helped, people whose problems and perceived injustices she’d helped to solve. Even the housekeeper from Heidraen Castle was there – she who had stood weeping before Barbaria not two days ago, begging leave to attend the funeral of her sister in Solithage! The lying cow had come straight up here with Vulcan to prepare for the crucifixion of her mistress!

View attachment 215441

Barbaria wanted to vomit.

“What…..have I done……to any….of you? What have….I done….to deserve…..this?”

“Simple,” smirked Naraku. “You picked the losing side! He waved in the direction of Aestria. “Soon the whole land will be mine. Vulcan is attacking Heidraen this very morning, Shevak and Pilus will soon be dead, and I don’t think Cordelia will last long on her cross. As for you - you, your majesty, will be a tourist attraction. We plan to run trips up here so that people can admire your crucified body during the year before your death!”

Barbaria groaned, overcome by agony, humiliation, and despair. She could see no hope, and hung there, mocked by her own subjects, and looked into a future of suffering without even the hope of death to end it.

The housekeeper moved off and stood before Elise, while the others taunted the princesses and the priestess. She had always been fond of Elise, who had always been hardworking and willing and certainly had no enemies in the Royal household. She had tears in her eyes. She could not bear to see Elise suffering like this. Elise was still whimpering with every movement, hanging from vicious spikes via a dislocated shoulder. The housekeeper called her husband, who was the head gardener at the Castle in Heidraen. “Arby! Come here!”

He broke off from telling Princess Blaire how the cross made her tits look nice, revelling in the opportunity to make fun of those who he’d previously had to treat with abject deference, and came over to his wife.

“Poor Elise!” she said, “It’s a shame to see her suffer so! She’s not one of them, she’s one of us!”

“A bit too fond of Princess Cordelia to be spared,” he commented.

“Nevertheless, t’isnt right. She’s dislocated her shoulder, too, poor lamb. Can’t you get her down?”

“If Prince Naraku didn’t strike me dead, then Lord Vulcan will! It’s more than my life’s worth!”

“What are you two up to?” Prince Naraku had come up behind them, unseen.

Arby bowed, and his wife curtsied. “If it please your ‘ighness, we was just saying that Elise isn’t really one of them,” he waved at the other crosses, “we was wondering if anything could be done, you know, to ‘elp her?”

Naraku leaned close to Arby, “She had the same opportunity that you did,” he hissed, “she picked her side, and now she reaps her reward! And if you don’t like it, I can easily prepare more crosses!” He turned around and grabbed Elise’s breast, twisting it savagely. She bellowed in agony. “Now you wish you’d listened to me, bitch! Well, it’s far, far too late to change your mind!”

He turned back to Arby. “Don’t worry, I am a fair man! I’ll be crucifying anyone else who is disloyal to me, too! It worked for King Jedakk in the past, it worked for my father, and it’ll work for me!”

Oh no!!!!! Not Naraku!!!! Now my humiliation is truly complete....YOU planned this didn't you Wragg!

Oh no!!!!! Not Naraku!!!! Now my humiliation is truly complete....YOU planned this didn't you Wragg!
Well, if you will mention elsewhere on the forums how exciting you find the thought of being exposed in front of people you know, well, can you blame me if the little cogs start whirring around in my brain? :D:rolleyes:

Pilus stared at Paul. “I thought you were….”

“Dead? Well, don’t worry, you’re in good company, people often think that. “ He brushed a feather off his sleeve. “Fact is, I’ve been spying out the lie of the land!”

“As an eagle?” asked Wragg.

“Yes, well, I found myself in mid air, with some nasty hard rocks below, so I grew myself some feathers.” He grew serious. “I’m afraid I do have bad news.”

“All the women have been crucified? Including Elise?”

This caught Paul by surprise. “I thought Elise was here with you?”

“No, she’s gone.”

“Give me five minutes. Paul started towards the yard, then said, “Oh, what the hell.” He muttered something in an unintelligible language, there was a bright flash, and an eagle was stood on the road in front of them. It took off smoothly and headed towards Mount Inge Tarant.

Pilus watched the whole trip, even when the bird was a tiny dot, then it began to grow larger again, and soon landed in front of them.

“Oh dear, you are absolutely right,” said Paul, a moment later. “She’s in a bad way, too, I’m afraid. It seems they dislocated her shoulder when they erected her cross, and she’s in more pain than any of the others.”

“Can’t you do anything?” urged Wragg. “Can’t you, I dunno, heal her or something? You are a great sorcerer, aren’t you? Can’t you just cast a spell and they all get down from their crosses?”

“My dear chap, I wish it was as simple as that, I really do. If I could just undo all the evil that men and devils do with a spell I’d be very busy. I would also be God. I could wander the battlefields of the earth raising the good soldiers and killing the wicked ones. Or the ones I think are good, which might not be the same as the ones you think are good. But sometimes I do wish I could do that.

“You may think that turning myself into a bird makes me very clever, surely if I can do that I could just tap Elise with a magic wand and make her better? But no. That is only a trick. It took me 500 years to get it right, but it’s still only a trick. No, I’m sorry - I could only make Elise better the same way you can, by laying the cross back on the ground, taking the nails out, resetting her shoulder, and giving her plenty of rest. But Vulcan’s not going to let me do that. He’s worked out the spells I use, and protected his monks against them. Not only that, but he’s put a spell on all the women except Cordelia and Elise that they will stay on their crosses, alive, until he releases them. The really bad news is that there is not a force in heaven or earth that will rescue Barbaria, Siss, Eulalia, Blaire and Roxie while Vulcan is alive. Nothing will shift the cross out of its socket, no axe or saw can cut the cross, no tools can remove the nails. They will suffer there until either Vulcan dies, or until he chooses to release them to their own deaths.”

“Well, kill Vulcan then!” ordered Pilus.

“I can’t.” said Paul.

“Then we are lost!” Pilus groaned.

“There is only one man who will ever exist who is able to kill Vulcan,” stated Paul.

“Well, find him, then! Bring him here! Now! Do it, man!” Pilus was getting impatient.

“I have,” said Paul. “It’s you.”

Back
Top Bottom