The Olympic Crux

Go to CruxDreams.com
Tree has taken a breather here. I think Sarah seems fit for the contest. We will see how she does with spikes hammered through her wrists and feet with 100,000 watching living as she is raised on her cross...

She's mentally prepared. Wragg and I took care of that. But yes, she lacks the experience. Don't tell her, but I don't expect her to win the contest. But she will be a fantastic contender for the next games. If she survives these ones, I mean... :doh: :D

Saturday morning, August 12, 2024, 8:30 AM

The first woman takes her cross. I know you were expecting a black carbon-fiber cross with just inserts of Messaline’s Premium Crucifixion Wood™ but all the crosses have a vinyl wrap with 3D printed grain and look for all to be solid wood. Do not think this satisfies Messa for a moment!

The 150th seed takes her cross and drags her cross out the athletes’ tunnel into the morning sun and the lecherous crowd.

lac or 011.jpg

It’s going to long day!

Tree

Saturday morning, August 12, 2024, 8:30 AM

The first woman takes her cross. I know you were expecting a black carbon-fiber cross with just inserts of Messaline’s Premium Crucifixion Wood™ but all the crosses have a vinyl wrap with 3D printed grain and look for all to be solid wood. Do not think this satisfies Messa for a moment!

The 150th seed takes her cross and drags her cross out the athletes’ tunnel into the morning sun and the lecherous crowd.

View attachment 402339

It’s going to long day!

Tree
Now this has the makings of becoming my favorite Olympic woman's sport:devil:.....my previous favorite Olympic woman's sport was beach volleyball:cool:

Now this has the makings of becoming my favorite Olympic woman's sport:devil:.....my previous favorite Olympic woman's sport was beach volleyball:cool:
There was a hotel/motel about 15 miles from me that was about to go under financially until they built 'beach volleyball' courts. Not only are they doing well but six businesses grew around them!

T

...no, none are named 'Trump-anything' :spank::spank::spank:

There was a hotel/motel about 15 miles from me that was about to go under financially until they built 'beach volleyball' courts. Not only are they doing well but six businesses grew around them!

T

You just have to love those uniforms that the ladies wear, or not wear, on the volleyball court:cool:

T

tumblr_latlqqJSxg1qenssho1_500.jpg Well no wonder they are doing land office business! :rolleyes:

View attachment 402346 Well no wonder they are doing land office business! :rolleyes:
Why do you think the Coliseum is full?

Let the games begin and 'LLLLEETTTTT'S GET READY TO RUMBBBLLLLLEEEEEeeeeeeee...
mchahon.jpg
Tree

(for those using translation software it is shouted "Let's get ready to rumble". It's the promoter's signature phrase to open the show....)

Why do you think the Coliseum is full?

Let the games begin and 'LLLLEETTTTT'S GET READY TO RUMBBBLLLLLEEEEEeeeeeeee...
View attachment 402348
Tree

(for those using translation software it is shouted "Let's get ready to rumble". It's the promoter's signature phrase to open the show....)
I am pumped up, and ready for the show!
:popcorn:

Easy for you to say. You're not the one who is going to be nailed naked to a cross just to win an Olympic medal. Tell me again why I thought this was a good thing to do :doh:
I will be rooting for you Barb to win the gold medal. Honestly, I forgot why you decided to enter the Crux Olympics, but I am very glad you did:devil:

Easy for you to say. You're not the one who is going to be nailed naked to a cross just to win an Olympic medal. Tell me again why I thought this was a good thing to do :doh:

Climbing the academic greasy pole, I seem to remember. It always has been a dangerous game. Many a promising young fellow (gender neutral academic term) has been elbowed aside if there was a suggestion the professor may be mistaken.

There are many similarities with crux:
  • stepping up to the podium to deliver a paper vs. stepping up to the whipping post
  • putting your ideas forward one by one vs. stripping off your clothes
  • waiting for any applause vs. waiting for the first nail
  • criticism from your peers vs. criticism from the crowd
  • your ideas demolished by your peers vs. the inevitability of pain and death

Climbing the academic greasy pole, I seem to remember. It always has been a dangerous game. Many a promising young fellow (gender neutral academic term) has been elbowed aside if there was a suggestion the professor may be mistaken.

• stepping up to the podium to deliver a paper vs. stepping up to the whipping post

Brilliant ! :D :D

Well, if they want to win an Olympic medal what would you expect ???
It will be worth a small fortune on E-Bay.

So true, so true ... you have obviously been there! At least the criticism from the crowd part usually doesn't amount to jeers and catcalls ... or maybe it does ... just in a veiled, cloaked beneath the surface, academic way :rolleyes:

I will be rooting for you Barb to win the gold medal. Honestly, I forgot why you decided to enter the Crux Olympics, but I am very glad you did:devil:

Old Slave is a faithful reader and it is indeed because she is pursuing her PhD with her thesis on judicial executions through history at the U of Virgin Martyrs. Chancellor Emeritus Despard Wragg had assured entering the games would enhance the prospect of her doctorate and 'Medaling' would make it a 'slam dunk'.
It did seem like a better idea months back than it does in the rank holding cell on the already warm LA morning....

It did seem like a better idea months back than it does in the rank holding cell on the already warm LA morning....

doomed 2.jpg Oh, gee thanks. Just what I wanted to be reminded of this morning. Is it always this hot here? How come the air is so full of smoke? Is something burning out there? Why do people live here anyway?

Back
Top Bottom