The Olympic Crux

Go to CruxDreams.com
The second morning…

The stands are filing up…

Tree and Siss are having drinks breakfast below Barb’s cross.

Siss says “I think Barb is giving up. I will offer her some encouragement.”

View attachment 411559

“Hey, cunt, put some work in your crux!” Siss yells.

Tree would have chosen other words but doesn’t repudiate her…

Tree

lac crux 014 C.jpg Siss does have a way with words.:rolleyes:

Not one of her more abstract statements, though. :confused:

How about sharing some of that breakfast you two? I am starving up here! :oops:

I am beginning to doubt these athletes will last 72 hours. The air quality crap (it’s LA, for God’s sake) and this shit that ‘it’s a dry heat doesn’t change the fact it is hot sapping the sweat from the contestants faster than we can re-hydrate them. I think even if Barb wins the gold I think she will be pissed at me. I have to get Eul down… She’s OK… I think this is mostly theatrics…
eul taken down 2.jpg

Tree

I am beginning to doubt these athletes will last 72 hours. The air quality crap (it’s LA, for God’s sake) and this shit that ‘it’s a dry heat doesn’t change the fact it is hot sapping the sweat from the contestants faster than we can re-hydrate them. I think even if Barb wins the gold I think she will be pissed at me. I have to get Eul down… She’s OK… I think this is mostly theatrics…
View attachment 411574

Tree
I am glad you took Eul down.:)
I was getting nervous it was going to be to much for her, that she was not going to make it.

It is past noon on the third day. All the athletes have been crucified more than 48 hours. The interesting part of the Olympic Crux is the lowest seeded athlete was crucified more than an hour and a half before the last one, Barbara Moore. Because of the configuration of the Coliseum’s Golgotha each athlete and her support team can see only a limited number of their competitors and even then they would not know how long had been crucified. There are the Rumanians that have six hour ‘red card’ penalties that means they have to hang 6 hours after they capitulate and who knows how many have been given penalty minutes and how many… It is not shared with the teams.

And then there is Barb which her senior coach held her crew back for more than a quarter-hour before raising her cross. Her time did not start when she was nailed to the cross but when her cross bottomed in the socket!

Of the varieties allowed was that the athletes and their teams were allow be bound to the crosses and as they had declared before the games whether it be three spikes or four. The teams could even leave the ropes around the athletes’ wrists and ankles. I convinced Barb the ropes wouldn’t help her that much and well-placed spikes would do less damage to her hands’ circulation. She didn’t like my line of thinking but went along with it.

Tash hangs from her cross on top of the Coliseum’s Golgotha in a hybrid mode. Her ropes about her wrists are still there but do not support her arms. The rope about her ankles may help take pressure off her spiked feet but she trained in Ireland and the dry heat from the Santa Anna winds is taking its toll.

lac crux 015.jpg

This could be a bad night…

Tree

Cheap swipe of a Bo Binder in there...

I listened to the man. He said to go with the nails. It hurt like hell, and I bled little rivers. But I knew he must be right. Anyone who spends as much time sharpening nails as he does, must know something I figured. ;)

Unless that's just what he does when I piss him off or total his Mustang? :confused::doh:

I am half-asleep in an aluminum and nylon mesh folding lawn chair when I hear Barb call down from her cross “Tree, I think I am done.”

Fuck, she’s giving up already. I shove a CD in my 20 year old Sony AM/FM/Cassette/CD player. With the crap light that these fucking Californians allow at night (except for their permanently clogged freeways) I hit the ‘play’ button I thought… it was ‘random play’...

“OK, the show's been fun
But my wood's begun to warp
They won, I'm done
New one, begun

“I did my best
Teacher's pet, It just couldn't last

“Marionette, Get me out of this mess

“Teacher's little pet, It happened so fast

“Marionette, Now I need a rest

“Teacher's pet, Where's my sanity gone, Mother?

“Marionette, I did my best

“Teacher's little pet, I'm just like all the others

“They gambled, with my life
And now I've lost my will to fight
Oh God these wires are so tight,
I'm just a marionette.”

“Tree, can I quit?” I ask. “I am so tired!”

crux 144 d.jpg

I must admit I replied like the prick I am. “Sure, Barb, give up before you ‘medal’.

"I have to know... Was that some 'Mott the Hoople' shit you are playing?"

I toss a cigarette butt down Golgotha...

Life ain't that simple

The end

Tree

I am half-asleep in an aluminum and nylon mesh folding lawn chair when I hear Barb call down from her cross “Tree, I think I am done.”

Fuck, she’s giving up already. I shove a CD in my 20 year old Sony AM/FM/Cassette/CD player. With the crap light that these fucking Californians allow at night (except for their permanently clogged freeways) I hit the ‘play’ button I thought… it was ‘random play’...

“OK, the show's been fun
But my wood's begun to warp
They won, I'm done
New one, begun

“I did my best
Teacher's pet, It just couldn't last

“Marionette, Get me out of this mess

“Teacher's little pet, It happened so fast

“Marionette, Now I need a rest

“Teacher's pet, Where's my sanity gone, Mother?

“Marionette, I did my best

“Teacher's little pet, I'm just like all the others

“They gambled, with my life
And now I've lost my will to fight
Oh God these wires are so tight,
I'm just a marionette.”

“Tree, can I quit?” I ask. “I am so tired!”

View attachment 412679

I must admit I replied like the prick I am. “Sure, Barb, give up before you ‘medal’.

"I have to know... Was that some 'Mott the Hoople' shit you are playing?"

I toss a cigarette butt down Golgotha...

Life ain't that simple

The end

Tree
Jollrei asked if this was a cliffhanger ending?
No, it was all a dream:p
This Olympic Crux story was a fun read Tree!
:clapping:

A short epilogue...

Tree sits outside his rented LA Tree house having his fourth Seagram's and water breakfast when he gets a surprise visitor. Tash says "Mind if join you, sailor?"

He looks over and see the Olympic Crux athlete. She too has a drink in her hand. He waves her in...
owp 262.jpg
She hobbles over and sits down.

"You seem to be doing pretty well getting around so soon" Tree observes.

"The doctors aren't to happy with me moving about but fuck them" Tash says.

"You gave it a good try" Tree says.

"Finishing fourth isn't crap" she scowls. "The heat got me. That and Thessela saying she had no choice and fucking nun who thought it was a higher calling were going to get Bronze and Silver. I have to hand it to you and Barb. You trained her well and she wasn't going to denied. Oh, the new Crux Chronicle is out!"

"Yeah, it came today."
LAC BARB COVER.jpg
"They didn't give a shit about her training or her effort. They thought I broke the spirit of the rules so I'm out. I might be retired by the 2028 Olympics in Kartomga anyway..."

Tree

A short epilogue...

Tree sits outside his rented LA Tree house having his fourth Seagram's and water breakfast when he gets a surprise visitor. Tash says "Mind if join you, sailor?"

He looks over and see the Olympic Crux athlete. She too has a drink in her hand. He waves her in...
View attachment 412801
She hobbles over and sits down.

"You seem to be doing pretty well getting around so soon" Tree observes.

"The doctors aren't to happy with me moving about but fuck them" Tash says.

"You gave it a good try" Tree says.

"Finishing fourth isn't crap" she scowls. "The heat got me. That and Thessela saying she had no choice and fucking nun who thought it was a higher calling were going to get Bronze and Silver. I have to hand it to you and Barb. You trained her well and she wasn't going to denied. Oh, the new Crux Chronicle is out!"

"Yeah, it came today."
View attachment 412802
"They didn't give a shit about her training or her effort. They thought I broke the spirit of the rules so I'm out. I might be retired by the 2028 Olympics in Kartomga anyway..."

Tree

134058.jpg Can we see the centerfold? :rolleyes: (there's a manip challenge for you!)

I hear "crane hanging" will be a new feature of the Olympics by the 2028 Kartomga Games. ;)

Back
Top Bottom