Bondage / Captivity / Interrogation / Torture Scenes in Mainstream Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Quite amazing for a mainstream film.

I always wonder in these situations, how does the actress really feel? Here she is, naked, exposed in front of these men, bound to a table, and the pear is brandished and demonstrated in front of her. She must get into the character, imagine what it would be like to really be in that situation. Imagine what it would be like to feel it between her legs, to feel it forced between her lips and filling her . . . . . how detached can she be? Does it thrill her, the actress, to play this out? Does the memory of it play in her mind when she goes to bed and closes her eyes?
We cruxgils go through something like that here often. Imagination!!!

Curse of Chucky

In the sixth instalment of the horror comedy franchise about a wisecracking killer doll we find the little rascal setting up camp in the house of parapleptic Nica (Fiona Dourif) and her mother. When mother dear dies of not so natural cause, hidden family secrets slowly reach the light.

CC01.pngCC03.pngCC04.pngCC05.png

With Nica’s behaviour becoming more and more extreme due to Chucky’s mischiefs, her shady brother-in-law ties her up and subsequently tapes her mouth shut. This goes on for some time, but remains the only bondage scene. For obvious reasons, it involves a wheel chair – I hazard a guess and reckon that there’s a fetish for that floating about the internet. Each to their own.

Cult of Chucky

Cult of Chucky is the seventh and final instalment of the original film series and direct sequel to Curse of Chucky. Nica has been made responsible for the deaths in her house and gets transferred to an asylum. Thanks to the magic of screenwriting, she soon is confronted with a creepy doll for therapy reasons.

CC06.pngCC07.pngCC09.pngCC08.png
CC11.pngCC10.png

The flick ticks all the loony bin boxes: electric shock treatment, being strapped to a medical table, comfy straight jacket. And it’s not forced upon the main character alone. In one particularly well-shot scene a fellow patient (Grace Lynn Kung) is belted down for her own protection, so there’s no reason for the viewer to be worried about her…

Both films deliver adequate gore and above-average camera work, the latter not only in relation to other horror B-movies. And for those who enjoy useless information: The oft-bound lead actress is daughter to Brad Dourif, who plays the human Chucky and voice-acts his doll reincarnation throughout all films and episodes up to the 2019 reboot.

Last edited:
Paul Verhoeven's latest movie, Benedetta (FR-2021). I'll post a clip in my next update.
I like this kinda futile attempt on embrassment.
But not too gentle in my style :D

Attachments

• 246413627_benedetta_1-1-14.jpg
    246413627_benedetta_1-1-14.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 1,206
Christiane Scheda and Nadeshda Brennicke in "Tattoo" (2002) - IMDB

The movie opens with a young woman, Lynn (C. Scheda), wandering around the nocturnal streets of Berlin, stark naked and heavily injured. The camera reveals that the skin has been removed from her back.

c_scheda_tattoo_2002_1.jpg c_scheda_tattoo_2002_2.jpg c_scheda_tattoo_2002_3.jpg c_scheda_tattoo_2002_4.jpg

The police find out that she was kidnapped and managed to flee from her abductor, but not before he cut a large tattoo from her back. He planned to sell it in an illegal online shop for tattoo collectors.

Lynn's abductor is quickly identified and the police finds his butcher dungeon. He prefers suicide over being caught, though. And the online shop is still operating...

c_scheda_tattoo_2002_5.jpg c_scheda_tattoo_2002_6.jpg c_scheda_tattoo_2002_7.jpg c_scheda_tattoo_2002_8.jpg c_scheda_tattoo_2002_9.jpg

(continued)

The police try to get the people behind the illegal online shop in an unusual way: They use Lynn's friend Maya (N. Brennicke), who they assume to be the next victim, as bait and put her skin for sale online. To recreate the auction photos as close as possible, they make her pose naked and handcuffed.

n_brennicke_tattoo_2002_1.jpg n_brennicke_tattoo_2002_2.jpg n_brennicke_tattoo_2002_3.jpg n_brennicke_tattoo_2002_4.jpg n_brennicke_tattoo_2002_5.jpg

n_brennicke_tattoo_2002_6.jpg n_brennicke_tattoo_2002_7.jpg n_brennicke_tattoo_2002_8.jpg

"Tattoo" is Germany's take on sinister cop movies in the style of "Se7en" or "The Silence of the Lambs". It even has a "What's in the box?" moment and the obligatory surprise twist at the end. It still manages to entertain, though.

Christiane Scheda and Nadeshda Brennicke in "Tattoo" (2002) - IMDB

The movie opens with a young woman, Lynn (C. Scheda), wandering around the nocturnal streets of Berlin, stark naked and heavily injured. The camera reveals that the skin has been removed from her back.

[...]
I remember that one, but can't really tell when and where I have seen it -- only that it was decent and gritty. Production value and general topic (mutilation/body horror) put the film in the neighbourhood of "Anatomie" (2000).

Benedetta (2021)

I, too, received the 404 error on doe1971's clips (#921), so please excuse if I post old news. Since the film has got quite some traction here on CF, I skip the synopsis.

BD02.pngBD01.pngBD03.pngBD04.png

In an early scene with a strong dominant undertone scene Benedetta (Virginie Efira) forces novice Bartolomea (Daphne Patakia) to retrieve silk spools from a cauldron of scalding water. Later, after having a fit during her religious vision, Benedetta is strapped to her bed and is briefly teased by Bartolomea. But the two eventually make up, and we've got our happy ending. Or do we?

BD06.pngBD08.pngBD09.pngBD10.pngBD11.pngBD12.pngBD13.pngBD14.pngBD15.pngBD16.png

As another nun is questioning Benedettas visions and subsequent stigmata, she has to repent by flagellating herself. Benedetta and Bartolomea do some more nasty stuff together, but are spied on. A papal official is called in to investigate, and young Bartolomea gets screwed again -- like, literally. Benedetta is sent to the stake, but the townsfolk rebel, and she is saved by Bartolomea in the nick of time.

As phlebas has already mentioned in #924, Benedetta has a strong Flesh and Blood vibe to it. There is certainly no lack of flesh, and it offers a generous amount of drama and violence. Gratuitous? Maybe. Well-made? Absolutely. The only major flaw that irks me, aside from minor hiccups is Bartolomea being able to walk normally and later even run after her lengthy encounter with the Pear of Anguish.

Bianca Comparato in "3%" Season 1, Episode 8 - IMDB

Michele tried to assassinate a high ranking government official, but fucked up. She gets busted and is taken in for interrogation. She is stripped naked, put into a parrot perch predicament and is dunked head first into water. Ezequiel, the target of the failed assassination, personally oversees the interrogation. When he understands that the physical torture cannot break Michele, he has her put to the ground, unties her and gives her a blanket. Then he tries to achieve his goal with mind games.

b_comparato_3percent_s01e08_01.jpgb_comparato_3percent_s01e08_02.jpgb_comparato_3percent_s01e08_03.jpgb_comparato_3percent_s01e08_04.jpgb_comparato_3percent_s01e08_05.jpg

b_comparato_3percent_s01e08_06.jpgb_comparato_3percent_s01e08_07.jpgb_comparato_3percent_s01e08_08.jpgb_comparato_3percent_s01e08_09.jpgb_comparato_3percent_s01e08_10.jpg

I have just finished watching the first season of "3%" and would describe it as a mix of "Squid Game" and "The Hunger Games". The plot is not flawless, but the characters are interesting enough that I also want to watch the following seasons to know how their stories continue.

Sadly, the production quality of the first season is only mediocre, since it was a low-budget production. There is a lot of bad camera work. And some cineastic stylistic devices are just overused (it feels like every second scene works with reflections or tilted cameras). But I already watched the first episode of season 2 and it seems to get better.

Note: I have seen pictures of this scene posted by other users on other threads before. I am posting them here too, because they fit the topic of thread. At least I took the screenshots myself, so I'm not "stealing" anyones pictures. ;)

Svenja Jung in "Der Palast", Episode 4 (2022) - IMDB

Early 1989: Germany is still divided by the Berlin Wall, and so are the two sisters Marlene and Christine, who don't even know about each other. They eventually meet by chance when Marlene (who lives in West Germany) is on a business trip in East Berlin. After exchanging their stories, the two are eager to meet their respective other part of the family. There is just one problem: As a citizen of the GDR, Christine is not allowed to leave the country just like that.

That's when Marlene gets a risky idea: Since the two are twins, they are perfect lookalikes. She suggests that they could trade places for a day and gives her own ID to Christine. Her sister is reluctant at first. By the laws of her home land, she would be committing the crime of "Republikflucht" ("desertion from the republic") if she crossed the border without an official permit (and with the wrong papers on top of that). That would earn her a long prison sentence if she got busted. But she eventually decides that it is worth the risk and agrees.

To Christine's surprise, crossing the border to West Germany with her sister's ID works fine. But when she returns the next day, the border guards take her into an interrogation room. It gets even worse when a female guard enters and commands Christine to take off her clothes for a strip search.

s_jung_der_palast__strip_search_1.jpg s_jung_der_palast__strip_search_2.jpg s_jung_der_palast__strip_search_3.jpg s_jung_der_palast__strip_search_4.jpg

s_jung_der_palast__strip_search_5.jpg s_jung_der_palast__strip_search_6.jpg s_jung_der_palast__strip_search_7.jpg

The scene cuts out before it gets too spicy. Lucky for Christine, she was not (yet) busted for her "Republikflucht". The customs officers were just in the mood for harassing some random people and let her go eventually.

Historical context

Strip searches on West German citizens travelling into the GDR were rare, but they happened. Some years ago, I got the chance to visit the Helmstedt-Marienborn border crossing, which was one of the largest checkpoints along the East/West German border. After the GDR ceased to exist, they kept most of the facilities there and turned them into a museum. You can also visit one of the interrogation rooms, with a separate strip search room right next to it.

Here are some photos I took (sorry for the reflections, the strip search room was sealed off by a glass window).

marienborn_interrogation_room.jpg marienborn_strip_search_room_1.jpg marienborn_strip_search_room_2.jpg

Bianca Comparato in "3%" Season 1, Episode 8 - IMDB

Michele tried to assassinate a high ranking government official, but fucked up. She gets busted and is taken in for interrogation. She is stripped naked, put into a parrot perch predicament and is dunked head first into water. Ezequiel, the target of the failed assassination, personally oversees the interrogation. When he understands that the physical torture cannot break Michele, he has her put to the ground, unties her and gives her a blanket. Then he tries to achieve his goal with mind games.

View attachment 1101756View attachment 1101757View attachment 1101758View attachment 1101759View attachment 1101760

View attachment 1101761View attachment 1101762View attachment 1101763View attachment 1101764View attachment 1101765

I have just finished watching the first season of "3%" and would describe it as a mix of "Squid Game" and "The Hunger Games". The plot is not flawless, but the characters are interesting enough that I also want to watch the following seasons to know how their stories continue.

Sadly, the production quality of the first season is only mediocre, since it was a low-budget production. There is a lot of bad camera work. And some cineastic stylistic devices are just overused (it feels like every second scene works with reflections or tilted cameras). But I already watched the first episode of season 2 and it seems to get better.

Note: I have seen pictures of this scene posted by other users on other threads before. I am posting them here too, because they fit the topic of thread. At least I took the screenshots myself, so I'm not "stealing" anyones pictures. ;)
So when you say its like "squid game" and the "hunger games" you really mean its yet another rip off of the vastly superior "Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami

Back
Top Bottom