Bondage / Captivity / Interrogation / Torture Scenes in Mainstream Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Waxwork (1988)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096426/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Strange thinks happen in the local waxworks and its morbid exhibits, as visitors disappear without a trace. Whist taking a tour with friends, sweet, virtuous and innocent Sarah (Deborah Foreman) becomes mesmerised by the display of the Marquis de Sade and his misdeeds. And who’d have thunk, she gets sucked right into it the very next moment.

Her dreamy look is soon replaced by utter submission as she is splayed out for the whip of her new master. Although she goes through several states of disarray, only some light red lines on her back are presented as result of her chastisement.

WW01.jpgWW02.jpgWW03.jpgWW04.jpgWW05.jpgWW06.jpgWW07.jpgWW08.jpg

Waxwork is pure 80s campiness, without being tasteless and with some interesting visuals. A pity that the de Sade sequence is a bit of a let-down.

Last edited:
Honourably mentioned:

Waxwork II – Lost in Time (1992)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105792/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_1

The direct sequel to Waxwork, too, utilises an episodic style and kinky scenes, the latter sadly not as elaborated as in the original.

A wench is tied to a pentagram frame and tickled for the amusement of her lord. Later, a woman who may or may not be the ticklish wench is shackled down during a black mass and, uhm… pleasured by a panther, only to mutate into a feline hybrid. I will show myself out now.

WW09.pngWW10.pngWW11.pngWW12.png

Waxwork (1988)

Strange thinks happen in the local waxworks and its morbid exhibits, as visitors disappear without a trace. Whist taking a tour with friends, sweet, virtuous and innocent Sarah (Deborah Foreman) becomes mesmerised by the display of the Marquis de Sade and his misdeeds. And who’d have thunk, she gets sucked right into it the very next moment.

Her dreamy look is soon replaced by utter submission as she is splayed out for the whip of her new master. Although she goes through several states of disarray, only some light red lines on her back are presented as result of her chastisement.

View attachment 1237300View attachment 1237301View attachment 1237302View attachment 1237303View attachment 1237304View attachment 1237305View attachment 1237306View attachment 1237307

Waxwork is pure 80s campiness, without being tasteless and with some interesting visuals. A pity that the de Sade sequence is a bit of a let-down.
I LOVED Deborah Foreman's performance in this! Just wish she had been completely stripped to her waist.

Waxwork (1988)

View attachment 1237300View attachment 1237301View attachment 1237302View attachment 1237303View attachment 1237304View attachment 1237305View attachment 1237306View attachment 1237307

Thanks, @Venom

Both volumes of Waxwork are on Motherless, in full:

Waxwork (1988)

Man I was maybe 14 when I saw this movie. Take now but it blew my mind at the time.

Waxwork (1988)

Deborah Foreman was great. I discovered in that time, when I was a kid, my sadistic part. :)

Thank you @MICHELE PATRI -- I was literally in the process of posting the same Vimeo link when yours appeared. This includes the entire (very gory!) execution scene, starting at 4:00 minutes in the video. We get to see the hand chopped off first, then a botched attempt to chop the head -- the hangman has to resort to sawing it off eventually. Repeat for Blonde #2. I've made some screencaps:
View attachment 1140815View attachment 1140805View attachment 1140806View attachment 1140807View attachment 1140808View attachment 1140809View attachment 1140810View attachment 1140811View attachment 1140812

It's a historical case, incidentally -- here is a 19th century book illustration from Wikisource:

View attachment 1140814
Just found a better video of the execution scene from "Anne & Alet" -- this one has the branding scene with hot pliers as well as the original sound (the Vimeo clip in the previous posting had a music soundtrack instead):

Akelarre: There was another film on this subject in 1984, by Pedro Olea.

akelarre-1984-1.jpgakelarre-1984-2.jpgakelarre-1984-3.jpg

Akelarre (from the Basque aker: "goat" and larre: "moor"), is the Basque term for the place where witches celebrate their meetings and rituals and a place of Basque mythology.
It was illustrated by Goya:

El_Aquelarre.jpgEl_Aquelarre_(1797-1798).jpg

Barbaren (2020)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9184986/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The amount of historical details being butchered is almost as high as that of Roman legionnaires.
Barbaren II has massacred even more. :roto2nuse: Coupled with the incessant repetition of the 'X captures Y, Y runs away and captures X (or Z)' plot element it makes the series pretty worthless.

Oh yeah -- no crux, no whippings, a few beheadings.

View attachment 1246893
TV series "Romulus". I don't know what episode.
Very nice. Is that the prelude to the Rape of the Sabine Women, I wonder? I see from Wikipedia that the series was shot in Old Latin, which may be a first!

Inspired by this, I had a quick look at old artwork on the topic. There are a vast number of paintings depicting the abduction of the Sabine women in various stages of undress, despair and/or willingness, but then found this movie poster which is just so 1960s Eurotrash (even if they changed the title from the original "Rape Of The Sabine Women"):

MV5BYjYwZTA4Y2YtYmFhYi00MGZlLTkxZGEtZTIzZDI4Yjg1YjU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk3NTc0MTk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Back
Top Bottom