Bondage / Captivity / Interrogation / Torture Scenes in Mainstream Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
1BR (2019)

Sarah (Nicole Brydon Bloom) moves into her new flat within a squeaky-clean complex. Soon she discovers that the house rules are rigorously enforced.

After a misstep she is made to hold a stress position for extended periods of time. When fatigue finally sets in, her neighbours help her out by nailing her hands to the wall.

BR01.jpgBR02.jpgBR03.jpgBR04.jpgBR05.jpg

1BR is a rather predictable thrillerette, but on the plus side that gives the scene in question all the stronger an impact.

Czech performance (2010-2015) dedicated to the Holocaust episode. "A PRAYER FOR KATERINA HOROVITZOVA" (Modlitba pro Kateřinu Horovitzovou).
The play was shown in a mobile theater-train, which moved along the route along which Jews were deported throughout Czechoslovakia and Poland during the war.5e21928a7ccec.jpg5e2192891463d.jpg5e21928bd7f28.jpg
The performance is based on a story by a Jewish writer Arnošt Lustig.
Earlier in 1965, a film with the same name was shot in Czechoslovakia.26667___external_file_2552847537007520455.jpg

Immaculate (2024)

(small spoilers ahead)

Sister Cecilia (Sydney Sweeney) joints an Italien convent, only to learn that an evil force is at work in her new home.

When a fellow nun (Benedetta Porcaroli) speaks out against the conditions, she has her tongue cut out whilst a shocked Cecilia watches in secret. She herself receives her fair share as well after a botched escape, as the soles of her feet are branded with a glowing cross.

IM02.jpgIM04.jpgIM05.jpgIM09.jpgIM10.jpg

Despite raking up the usual tropes about Catholic mysticism, this very well shot film takes some unexpected turns along the way.

Immaculate (2024)

(small spoilers ahead)

Sister Cecilia (Sydney Sweeney) joints an Italien convent, only to learn that an evil force is at work in her new home.

When a fellow nun (Benedetta Porcaroli) speaks out against the conditions, she has her tongue cut out whilst a shocked Cecilia watches in secret. She herself receives her fair share as well after a botched escape, as the soles of her feet are branded with a glowing cross.

View attachment 1465763View attachment 1465764View attachment 1465765View attachment 1465766View attachment 1465767

Despite raking up the usual tropes about Catholic mysticism, this very well shot film takes some unexpected turns along the way.
Very pleasant! Then the bad nuns and the innocent novices always have a great charm!!

Immaculate (2024)

(small spoilers ahead)

View attachment 1465763View attachment 1465764View attachment 1465765View attachment 1465766View attachment 1465767

Where to Watch?

A two-part English television film from 1994. "Fall from Grace". based on the novel of the same name by Larry Collins.
1944 France on the eve of the Allied landings in Normandy. The insidious counterintelligence officer, SD officer, sophisticated sadist Hans-Dieter Stromelburg (played by Michael York) tirelessly catches and exposes English spies and French resistance fighters. He conducts his continuous work in an old mansion, where he has equipped a torture chamber. There he Jesuitically interrogates and tortures naked English spies, men and women. One of these cunning spies turns out to be a certain Catherine Pradier (Tara Fitzgerald). Michael York tortures little Tara.
It is worth noting that Tara is completely naked during the torture. But the director and cameraman will make sure that everything is shown very chastely and nothing intimate is visible (which is a pity).
The film is on YouTube, but of very poor quality. Screenshots taken from this low-quality copy.

YORK.jpgScreenshot_6.jpgScreenshot_2.jpgScreenshot_5.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg

A two-part English television film from 1994. "Fall from Grace". based on the novel of the same name by Larry Collins.

It's a great scene in spite of the paucity of explicitness. I did a few screenshots from my own VHS recording for GIMP website back a few years. Here's five of the better ones, showing the poor girl's anguish. After the beatings she tried to take her suicide pill, but it had been taken by the Nazis, then she found her boyfriend's dead body! Still, she survived - typical British stereotypical resilience - and ended the film battered and bruised, but alive to see her tormentor's demise.

Vidcap00001.jpgVidcap00006.jpgVidcap00008.jpgVidcap00015.jpgVidcap00027.jpg

It's a great scene in spite of the paucity of explicitness. I did a few screenshots from my own VHS recording for GIMP website back a few years. Here's five of the better ones, showing the poor girl's anguish. After the beatings she tried to take her suicide pill, but it had been taken by the Nazis, then she found her boyfriend's dead body! Still, she survived - typical British stereotypical resilience - and ended the film battered and bruised, but alive to see her tormentor's demise.

View attachment 1468444View attachment 1468445
My knowledge of English is not enough to understand by ear what the Gestapo do to her when she lies on the table naked and screaming: they pull out her nails, burn her heels with a lighter, bite off her toes with wire cutters, or simply do a three-bucket enema.. Someone speaks English Can you tell me what's really going on there?

My knowledge of English is not enough to understand by ear what the Gestapo do to her when she lies on the table naked and screaming: they pull out her nails, burn her heels with a lighter, bite off her toes with wire cutters, or simply do a three-bucket enema.. Someone speaks English Can you tell me what's really going on there?

Well, from memory :)

Firstly, the bloody, naked body hanging behind the Nazi in your first cap is not our heroine. It's a previous male interrogatee.
Our girl is first questioned fully clothed and when she declines to talk about her mission she is stripped naked and tied to the chair. She still won't talk, even after the Nazi officer callously drops a beautiful vase to smash to pieces in front of her, demonstrating the fragility of her beauty!
Then, we do get a long shot of our girl hanging in the same position as the earlier man. She is naked, wrists tied together above her head, dangling from a pulley on a rope that crosses the room next door about 10 feet off the ground. She is swaying gently and her body looks like she's been whipped like the previous dangler, though it's too dark to see any details.
Then we see her lying on the table, with the Nazi officer standing over her. She looks to be naked and bloody, probably from a whipping, and her face is bloody too, probably from punches. Her fingers are already bloody, so they've probably already pulled out her finger nails. When she still won't talk they pull out one of her toe nails, off screen.
Next, we see her thrown into a cell, wearing only a loose blanket. Her bare upper back is criss-crossed with bloody marks, presumably from the whipping. Her face, arms, hands and upper chest are all bloody and she has a black eye. Apart from that, she's fine!
That's all we really know. There's no footage of actual torture, and the dialogue does not describe the detail of what they do to her, but there's plenty of implied sadism. Oh, and some excellent acting.

I hope this helps, a bit. :)

Well, from memory :)

Firstly, the bloody, naked body hanging behind the Nazi in your first cap is not our heroine. It's a previous male interrogatee.
Our girl is first questioned fully clothed and when she declines to talk about her mission she is stripped naked and tied to the chair. She still won't talk, even after the Nazi officer callously drops a beautiful vase to smash to pieces in front of her, demonstrating the fragility of her beauty!
Then, we do get a long shot of our girl hanging in the same position as the earlier man. She is naked, wrists tied together above her head, dangling from a pulley on a rope that crosses the room next door about 10 feet off the ground. She is swaying gently and her body looks like she's been whipped like the previous dangler, though it's too dark to see any details.
Then we see her lying on the table, with the Nazi officer standing over her. She looks to be naked and bloody, probably from a whipping, and her face is bloody too, probably from punches. Her fingers are already bloody, so they've probably already pulled out her finger nails. When she still won't talk they pull out one of her toe nails, off screen.
Next, we see her thrown into a cell, wearing only a loose blanket. Her bare upper back is criss-crossed with bloody marks, presumably from the whipping. Her face, arms, hands and upper chest are all bloody and she has a black eye. Apart from that, she's fine!
That's all we really know. There's no footage of actual torture, and the dialogue does not describe the detail of what they do to her, but there's plenty of implied sadism. Oh, and some excellent acting.

I hope this helps, a bit. :)
Super!!! Thank you so much! I received answers to all my questions...

1944 France on the eve of the Allied landings in Normandy. The insidious counterintelligence officer, SD officer, sophisticated sadist Hans-Dieter Stromelburg (played by Michael York) tirelessly catches and exposes English spies and French resistance fighters. He conducts his continuous work in an old mansion, where he has equipped a torture chamber. There he Jesuitically interrogates and tortures naked English spies, men and women. One of these cunning spies turns out to be a certain Catherine Pradier (Tara Fitzgerald). Michael York tortures little Tara.
It is worth noting that Tara is completely naked during the torture. But the director and cameraman will make sure that everything is shown very chastely and nothing intimate is visible (which is a pity).
The film is on YouTube, but of very poor quality. Screenshots taken from this low-quality copy.

View attachment 1468352View attachment 1468353View attachment 1468354View attachment 1468355View attachment 1468356
It was based on a novel I read almost forty years ago. From memory I can add a few things:

1) in the novel (don't know about the movie) her suicide pill is not taken by the nazis, but was fake. It was the British intelligence agency plan all along to have her captured in order to mislead the Germans by revealing under torture info that she believed to be true but was false.
2) She is also subjected to drowning in cold water.
3) Not entirely sure, but after caving in I believe she is sent to a concentration camp and does NOT survive.

It was based on a novel I read almost forty years ago. From memory I can add a few things:

1) in the novel (don't know about the movie) her suicide pill is not taken by the nazis, but was fake. It was the British intelligence agency plan all along to have her captured in order to mislead the Germans by revealing under torture info that she believed to be true but was false.
2) She is also subjected to drowning in cold water.
3) Not entirely sure, but after caving in I believe she is sent to a concentration camp and does NOT survive.

Having just reviewed the scene:

1) Yes, in the film she takes the pill but it doesn't kill her. She was indeed set up.
2) This is not shown.
3) The film ends with her scarred and limping but still alive. I guess they wanted a 'happy' ending. :)

Having just reviewed the scene:

1) Yes, in the film she takes the pill but it doesn't kill her. She was indeed set up.
2) This is not shown.
3) The film ends with her scarred and limping but still alive. I guess they wanted a 'happy' ending. :)
This always struck me as an interesting moral dilemma: how should one evaluate the ploy by the intelligence service?

On one hand, she was willing to suffer torture and give her life to help defeat the nazi's, and that's exactly what was achieved, albeit not in the way she imagined.
On the other hand, she was willing to risk death and torture, while unknownst to her her superiors were delivering her to certain torture and almost certain death.

This always struck me as an interesting moral dilemma: how should one evaluate the ploy by the intelligence service?

On one hand, she was willing to suffer torture and give her life to help defeat the nazi's, and that's exactly what was achieved, albeit not in the way she imagined.
On the other hand, she was willing to risk death and torture, while unknownst to her her superiors were delivering her to certain torture and almost certain death.

Yes, it’s the double dealing and betrayals that make espionage stories interesting. The agent is always vulnerable and expendable in some, unbeknownst to her, larger scheme of things. Something I’ve always sought to develop/exploit in my stories here on CF.

I think that all these stories about agents 007 were invented by science fiction writers. The true history of the intelligence services is much more prosaic. The greatest spy was not a professional intelligence officer at all, but a valet at the English embassy in Istanbul. He was just a mercantile Albanian for whom fate smiled. He took out from the British ambassador's safe a plan for the Allied landing in Normandy. The ambassador was a slob and a drunkard. German intelligence called this guy "Cicero". We must be honest and admit that the Abwehr also did not believe their luck and were skeptical about the information they received.

I think that all these stories about agents 007 were invented by science fiction writers. The true history of the intelligence services is much more prosaic. The greatest spy was not a professional intelligence officer at all, but a valet at the English embassy in Istanbul. He was just a mercantile Albanian for whom fate smiled. He took out from the British ambassador's safe a plan for the Allied landing in Normandy. The ambassador was a slob and a drunkard. German intelligence called this guy "Cicero". We must be honest and admit that the Abwehr also did not believe their luck and were skeptical about the information they received.
It is a little like our torture fantasies vs the real thing, I guess. Our fantasies are exciting, erotic, full of defiant heroines and witty wordplay. The real thing, I fear, is dirty, brutal, uninspiring and downright disgusting. Not that I know by experience, of course.

Yes, it’s the double dealing and betrayals that make espionage stories interesting. The agent is always vulnerable and expendable in some, unbeknownst to her, larger scheme of things. Something I’ve always sought to develop/exploit in my stories here on CF.

The very murky world you portray so excitingly in your stories :). Power, sex, power, sex, power, sex, power and sex. Have I missed anything? Oh yes,........ power and sex, preferably concurrently :). The very murky world of politics, err espionage. (Are they not the same?)

Back
Top Bottom