Go to CruxDreams.com
Via Appia

Part 2
Would you walk this road?
Shit! What’s going on here? I shouldn’t be hanging from a cross beside these criminals! I thought the Roman Governor had decreed that the men be crucified and the women made slaves! Someone has made a mistake!

My guess is that Rufuss is so surprised to see Alice modelling a traditional crucifixion loincloth that he does not even notice the intervening cross waiting for him! In this picture and the subsequent 'Via Appia' mass crucifixion scene, Alice is the token female being executed with a group of condemned men. Her inclusion makes a significant statement about the rare observation of gender equality under Roman law.

This state of equality is effectively reinforced by conducting her execution under conditions identical to those of the men, including the same concession to modesty. Despite this concession, the males are hung bare-chested, and in the interests of equality, so is she. As a public statement, this makes a prominent announcement, 'Look at this - fair treatment for all!'

Congratulations Rufuss, on a very neat manipulation sequence. You have almost achieved a first in showing Alice so convincingly crucified in a loincloth, and this remains an attractive and rare spectacle indeed. Whilst there is an earlier manip of Alice traditionally attired for the cross, I suspect yours may be the first Makar sources employed to depict Alice with this treatment.

Obviously the woodwork and the other figures are also worthy of note in such realistic photo manipulations, but I seem to be focusing on a particular area of expertise.
Very nice work, and Happy Christmas! :)
Thank you @bobinder
Equality for all when it comes to rebellion, Alice fits right perfectly with all of the rebels.

Congratulations Rufuss, on a very neat manipulation sequence. You have almost achieved a first in showing Alice so convincingly crucified in a loincloth, and this remains an attractive and rare spectacle indeed. Whilst there is an earlier manip of Alice traditionally attired for the cross, I suspect yours may be the first Makar sources employed to depict Alice with this treatment.

I totally prefer Alice sporting a historically accurate crucifixion loincloth...it's SO much better that way.
A shame that Makar,( R.I.P. ) didn't exploit that idea more often.... :(
I though the loincloth can be a great touch to the crucifixion. I hope her loincloth looks realistic enough.

A new thread ...

The Tour​

Roman Centurion @Marcus III :
"Welcome to Jerusalem, our first stop today is Golgotha. We crucified the criminals here. Not always the criminals, but we don't care. For, example, here we have twin brothers crucified, one on the left and on on the right, @yohanicus and @MARIVS. However, only one of them is real criminal, and the other is a really good person, but since we couldn't figure out who was who, both of them were scourged and now enjoying dancing on their crosses. The one in the middle is Rufus, he is a Christian that we been looking for, now he gets to experience what his savior experience few years back. We made special arrangements for him, we gave him double the whips and place a crown of thorns. Just look at them, look at their faces, look at their agony, hear their moans and remember if any of you decide to rebel against Roman Empire, you will end on the cross like this. Any Questions?"

Attachments

• The Tour of Jerusalem.jpg
    The Tour of Jerusalem.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 288
Back
Top Bottom