Cruxton Abbey

Go to CruxDreams.com
Tintin at Cruxton:
This is a bit of a departure from the normal Cruxton Abbey artwork, and probably does nothing to add to the story, but it's a bit of revisionist nostalgia anyway. There have been a number of uses of Tintin in a number of art styles, including some erotic stuff, as well as some amusing reworked covers. Might as well do a crux version. I wonder if Herge would be happy with it.

Fortunately, Thompson and Thomson (or Dupont et Dupond in the original French) are on hand to sort things out.
Fortunately the detectives were there and the guilty party could suffer for her theft! Of course even as she hanged nailed to the cross she swore she was innocent!
barb crux 46.jpg
Fortunately, the Tree beverage tent was nearby so people could ignore her pleadings and enjoy her just punishment!
barb crux 26.jpg

Tintin at Cruxton:
This is a bit of a departure from the normal Cruxton Abbey artwork, and probably does nothing to add to the story, but it's a bit of revisionist nostalgia anyway. There have been a number of uses of Tintin in a number of art styles, including some erotic stuff, as well as some amusing reworked covers. Might as well do a crux version. I wonder if Herge would be happy with it.

Fortunately, Thompson and Thomson (or Dupont et Dupond in the original French) are on hand to sort things out.

Blistering barnacles! I want to see the whole book! Please say it exists outside your imagination, maybe if we all wish hard enough it will come into being?
haddock.jpg

Please say it exists outside your imagination, maybe if we all wish hard enough it will come into being?
Well, it took me about 5 1/2 hours of work to put it all together. A normal Tintin 'bande' is 62 pages with approximately 15 image frames per page. I have no doubt that the story of how two young chambermaids survive in servitude at Cruxton Abbey, under the strictures imposed by the eccentric and unpredictable Lord Wragg, leading up to the discovery of two crucifixions on the Cruxton lawn, potentially to cover-up what they discovered about the nefarious plots of Rastapopoulos, who may have kidnapped Barb and Eulalia before they could warn Tintin that he was smuggling drugs to Syldavia via Lord Wragg's dodgy Bordurian chuaffeur, and this could cause a scandal big enough to end the career of Bianca Castafiore (the Milanese nightingale) who was supposed to sing the Jewel Song from Faust at the upcoming Cruxton Arts Festival. Easily the most convoluted Tintin adventure yet, but it's a lot of drawing, so you know, not likely to happen any time soon. ;) :D

"Hum, your crime was certainly great to deserve to be crucified to my Premium French Crucifixion Wood, Barb ! " says Messa tasting a good glass of Tree beverage ...
The French have an odd way of expressing compassion … a few words of sympathy would have been appreciated!

Tintin at Cruxton:

This is a highly original interpretation of Cruxton, in which all the figures are derived from two-dimensional sources (i.e. drawn/coloured artwork) and the composition is set against the familiar background of Cruxton Abbey. The latter has probably required more work than the figures, in translating from a photograph to a flattened, two-dimensional form with increased colour saturation, consistent with the characters by Herge and others.

A posterising filter produces the inked outlines, but further treatments have been undertaken, using the artistic filters in Photoshop. The result is a cohesive blend of components from different sources, and Herge's figures look quite at home in their characteristic states of confusion. Nice work, Jolly. :)

Herge's figures look quite at home in their characteristic states of confusion. Nice work, Jolly.
Thanks, Bob. Very kind words. I'll just note that I wasn't ultimately happy with some of the perspective placing of the figures, so I did a bit of a correction. I think it's better now. Nobody looks oversized. Anyway, that's now in the original post. These things are tricky at times. For anyone who downloaded the first version, you might want the new one - it's bigger and better. The old one no longer exists on my machine or anywhere really, so if you have it, it's now rare. :D

Back
Top Bottom