DeviantArt is different....

Go to CruxDreams.com
:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:
I wuz expeld coz I wuz norty
@montycrusto ... him,naughty ?!
NO WAY,he's positively Angelic.... ;)
Butter wouldn't melt,etc...his illustrations are positively innocent. !!
(That's a fiver,you owe me,Monty....)

(If @Barbaria1 asks whether English people normally talk this way, say yes!)
I don’t think asking is really necessary, or of much use, as I’d barely understand anything said to me in response.

What was that famous line in that film? Something about why can’t the English …. ?

I don’t think asking is really necessary, or of much use, as I’d barely understand anything said to me in response.

What was that famous line in that film? Something about why can’t the English …. ?
Dear Girl, one feels one should point out that not every Englishman employs colloquial pronounciation. What?

Last edited:
Hmm. And here I thought the word at the end of certain sentences was "Wot?" As in a Shakespearean "I wot not."
No, no. It's pure Wodehouse, though I believe it was used by actual people as well. It was used to invite agreement, or comment, as in 'what do you say to that?'

I can honestly say I've never heard it used in serious conversation. Some pepper their speech with 'right?' or 'innit?' for the same purpose though.

Last edited:
:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:
I wuz expeld coz I wuz norty
Are you trying to tell us that you were... deviant? Tsk, tsk! Serves you right. No place for deviant artists on such a wholesome, family-friendly site such as that.

This discussion reminds me of when we went to watch ‘Snatch’ in original language(s), in a group consisting of a Scottish Canadian, a Lebanese US American, some Cypriots, an Australian and a guy from northern England (and me).

Nobody understood a word of it, except maybe the North English guy. But nobody understood what he said as well.

Of course, we don't know how colloquially, genuine Minnesotan is pronounced!:facepalm:

That’s because genuine Minnesotan blue state slavegirls are generally kept gagged to prevent complaining! :devil:

Really? I thought that the strange pronounciation had to do with the level of consumption of Riesling by Minnesota blue state women.:devil:
:peep:
Minnesotan is quite properly spoken. Indeed, it’s one of the most properly spoken of all the many variations of the English language. That’s because we blue state Minnesotans do everything quite properly. It’s a place where everyone is above average and no one ever swears or cusses. Now if you’d like to find some really bad variations of the English language (besides those spoken in certain parts of Blighty), I highly recommend a visit to Arkansas.

Minnesotan is quite properly spoken. Indeed, it’s one of the most properly spoken of all the many variations of the English language. That’s because we blue state Minnesotans do everything quite properly. It’s a place where everyone is above average and no one ever swears or cusses. Now if you’d like to find some really bad variations of the English language (besides those spoken in certain parts of Blighty), I highly recommend a visit to Arkansas.
You mean they're sort of like Canadians, then...

One expects demerits...:eek:
One gets a treatise on linguistic anthropology!:enamorado:

Back
Top Bottom