I Will Be Dropping Off For A While .................

Go to CruxDreams.com
That and an unsupervised Barbaria1 is quite dangerous.

Any supervision of Barb, by definition, needs to be strict and involve the cane.

Which obviously works. The site hasn't crashed. 'nuff said!

I would certainly volunteer to administer a few strokes of the cane to Barb's tight little but I think you could make a case for all of us here to rece

With friends like these ….. :rolleyes:

:cheer:Eul's back online! :cheer:

It was just my router that got cooked. I was relatively lucky, the strike was very close, and almost everyone round about has had similar or worse damage to IT and/or phone equipment. And the guy who looks after my IT, and my service provider, have been very efficient. Obviously they understand that keeping Eulalia on CruxForums is a very high priority! :D

Which obviously works. The site hasn't crashed. 'nuff said! :p
Welcome Back Eul!
:ole:

It was just my router that got cooked. I was relatively lucky, the strike was very close, and almost everyone round about has had similar or worse damage to IT and/or phone equipment. And the guy who looks after my IT, and my service provider, have been very efficient. Obviously they understand that keeping Eulalia on CruxForums is a very high priority! :D

A warm welcome back and a welcome back to make warm from the whip!… as a slave’s work is never done!

Last edited:
Welcome back Eul.... missed ya.
Glad the damage wasn't too bad.
Yes, knowing all you lot were running wild here was giving me nightmares! :eek:
Still, apart from writing off 5 pages of this thread, there doesn't seem to be too much mayhem.
Oh, you mean my router thingy? :D

I guess there are conditions that even surge protectors (some are pretty lame) and universal power supplies can't handle. Lighting can generate both huge voltages and currents. Then there is the rare "ball lighting", which it is thought propagates by vaporizing silicates in the ground and riding on the resulting ions. It rolls right in and comes after you.

I guess there are conditions that even surge protectors (some are pretty lame) and universal power supplies can't handle. Lighting can generate both huge voltages and currents. Then there is the rare "ball lighting", which it is thought propagates by vaporizing silicates in the ground and riding on the resulting ions. It rolls right in and comes after you.
Yes, I was reading up on lightning. A neighbour says she saw a 'fireball' on the post where it struck, but only briefly, it didn't roll around, I don't think it was 'ball lightning'. But I also learnt that, when lightning strikes, the air round about is ionized, and highly conductive, so a charge can spread out powerful enough to damage delicate electrical equipment.

Yes, I was reading up on lightning. A neighbour says she saw a 'fireball' on the post where it struck, but only briefly, it didn't roll around, I don't think it was 'ball lightning'. But I also learnt that, when lightning strikes, the air round about is ionized, and highly conductive, so a charge can spread out powerful enough to damage delicate electrical equipment.
Yes, Eulalia, people should have surge protectors on all their electronic devices.

So overvoltage protection devices cannot always discharge the high voltages quickly enough or they break and then you have a short circuit and are left in the dark.
Incidentally, my mother told me that she once experienced ball lightning, which came through the glass pane of the closed window and then burst in this room with a bang.

It can also give off an odor from ionized air around the point of the strike, which is ozone. I was a block away when lightning struck a utility pole, and the ozone smell was quite strong even at that distance.

Back
Top Bottom